F2RWRS - 2016 Season: Japan Qualifying Up

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

F2RWRS - 2016 Season: Japan Qualifying Up

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

First of all, I'll get Indianapolis done this weekend, as I'm off school until next Tuesday.

More importantly though, welcome to the 2016 F2RWRS season thread, where we laugh at MRT and yell obscenities down at the local pub, before the inevitable brawl between BITW and Alitalia. In the meantime, here is some fancy stuff for you to look at:

The provisional lineup for the 2016 season: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2016_Formula_2_Rejects_World_Race_Series_season
The rules and other technical stuff, which is mostly unimportant drivel except for the stuff on drivers and teams: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Formula_2_Rejects_World_Race_Series_Rules
The original F2RWRS thread: http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4326

And now, for the really important stuff:

Engines

As per the request of several team owners, the gap between engines will be decreased from 5bhp to 3bhp each. However, I'm still to decide whether to continue with the current order (Lancia-Holden-BMW-Aston-Ford) or to change the order to reflect the F3RWRS (BMW-Lancia-Holden-Ford-Aston). I'll let you guys debate that, and then completely disregard your suggestions and do whatever I want. :P

On a more serious note though, the amount of teams each engine manufacturer can supply will remain at five, but it will be dropped down to four at the end of this year, so bear that in mind when deciding on an engine for this year.

Chassis

For 2016, I originally decided to have a list of three chassis manufacturers to choose from (Lola, Dallara and Zytek). However, I've decided to add ArrowTech-Reynard to that list, bringing the total up to four. For 2016, it won't have any effect except for who you're sending the paycheck to but that may change from 2017 onwards. I will need all team owners to pick a chassis before the season starts. The maximum number of teams each manufacturer is willing to supply is five.

Tyres

Continuing on the theme of technical freedom, Bridgestone has decided to step in as a tyre competitor to Michelin (Pirelli are also thinking of entering, but that depends on whether the game will allow me to put a third tyre manufacturer in). Again, it doesn't make that much of a difference which manufacturer will go with as GP4 tyres are essentially equal (Read: Just as shite as each other). If there are two manufacturers, the limit for each will be eight. If I can get a third manufacturer to work properly, the limit will be five each.

Non-Championship Races

For this year, the F2RWRS Commissioner has decided to stick to one non-championship race, as the 2016 FedEx 100 is being held in a later slot (which Tom Douglas is allegedly very unhappy about). The rules will be the same as always (Drivers will have to be from either the F3RWRS, IFRC or the IndyCar series and have done three or fewer races in the F2RWRS). For this year, priority WILL be given to teams that missed out on the 2015 non-title races.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? If not, see you in Adelaide. Oh and my money's on Alitalia winning the brawl against BITW.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 29 Mar 2014, 12:13, edited 11 times in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FMecha

Re: F2RWRS - 2016 Season: Pre-season mud-slinging at MRT

Post by FMecha »

You just realize this is the 500th on the PMMF? ;)

Converting Alitalia to use the "McLaren" tyres (with the "McLaren" tyres converted to Pirelli, of course) may help but there are some obstacles - the McLaren tires can only be used for one team. :|

Also, where's the F2RWRS waiting list? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

I'd like to enter the fray

Team name: Lightning Journey Motorsports
Engine: Holden
Chassis: Dallara
Tires: Michelin
Drivers: Jayce Alric (NZL), Flora Stormbringer (NZL)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

SeedStriker wrote:I'd like to enter the fray

Team name: Lightning Journey Motorsports
Engine: Holden
Chassis: Dallara
Tires: Michelin
Drivers: Jayce Alric (NZL), Flora Stormbringer (NZL)

I'm sorry Seed but there's a waiting list for entries, you'll be added to the entry list (which is about 5 people long)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I'm sorry Seed but there's a waiting list for entries, you'll be added to the entry list (which is about 5 people long)
Where is the F2 waiting list anyway?
Trump 2016
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Assuming the works Lancia team will run Dallara's, i will run Lola's instead. + Michelins, as their logo matches my livery the best. (which should be similar to the 2015 livery)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:Assuming the works Lancia team will run Dallara's, i will run Lola's instead. + Michelins, as their logo matches my livery the best. (which should be similar to the 2015 livery)

So you want a livery that is the same, but different? :|
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aeroracing Engineering will use a Zytek chassis (if it can be rebadged to Aeroracing, all the better) and Bridgestone tyres.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

We'll go with what we went with last year. I forget what those specs were.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
This wrote:Assuming the works Lancia team will run Dallara's, i will run Lola's instead. + Michelins, as their logo matches my livery the best. (which should be similar to the 2015 livery)

It should stay the same, but if somebody has too much time and wants to improve it, i don't mind :P
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Phoenix wrote:Aeroracing Engineering will use a Zytek chassis (if it can be rebadged to Aeroracing, all the better) and Bridgestone tyres.

I don't mind if the chassis is rebadged but you might have to ask SuperAguri about whether he allows the Zytek to be rebadged or not.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Seeing as I've got some time, if anyone wants some liveries they know where I am...

@Wizzie: Did I ever send you the MRT livery? I can't remember...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Seeing as I've got some time, if anyone wants some liveries they know where I am...

I believe you sent the F2RWRS preview and posted the F3RWRS livery on here somewhere, but I don't think I ever got the F2RWRS livery.

For those that want to do liveries, the GP2 2005 template can be found here. For the Simpson, Kingfisher and Dofasco liveries, you'll need to use the car2 template for the second car. And for Fosters Good Call, I'll need both a car1 version and car2 version for the second car.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:
Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Seeing as I've got some time, if anyone wants some liveries they know where I am...

I believe you sent the F2RWRS preview and posted the F3RWRS livery on here somewhere, but I don't think I ever got the F2RWRS livery.

For those that want to do liveries, the GP2 2005 template can be found here. For the Simpson, Kingfisher and Dofasco liveries, you'll need to use the car2 template for the second car. And for Fosters Good Call, I'll need both a car1 version and car2 version for the second car.

Probably for the best, I need to tidy it up a bit...

I'll take on the Dofasco one if you'd like for now...and I'll get some more done over Easter.

EDIT: Realised why I never sent it; team numbers. I've put 16 & 17 provisionally but I'll wait until the season's over before I finish and send it.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:

It should stay the same, but if somebody has too much time and wants to improve it, i don't mind :P

If you want, I can stick van Nieuwenhuijzen's personal sponsors Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. and TNT Express N.V. on next year's car, just to make it look a tiny bit different.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

This wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:So you want a livery that is the same, but different? :|

If you want, I can stick van Nieuwenhuijzen's personal sponsors Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. and TNT Express N.V. on next year's car, just to make it look a tiny bit different.

You could replace TVL with TNT on Bastiaans car (as i highly doubt the Limburgic regional Television will sponsor a Brabantic driver), whilst Chimay could be replaced with Philips on Bastiaan's car. That way both liveries will be the same, but with different sponsors (something we see very often in GP2) and still keep the blue-white-orange. Perhaps where Wouter's sponsors Festivalblog and HBVL are positioned, you can put an Alitalia logo instead. Only keep Lotus and Octan on both cars, I prefer to stick to the idea of 'blue car, white sidepods, orange wings, orange details' + of course the mandatory small Michelin, Lola, Lancia and Zastave logos.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
This wrote:It should stay the same, but if somebody has too much time and wants to improve it, i don't mind :P

You could replace TVL with TNT on Bastiaans car (as i highly doubt the Limburgic regional Television will sponsor a Brabantic driver), whilst Chimay could be replaced with Philips on Bastiaan's car. That way both liveries will be the same, but with different sponsors (something we see very often in GP2) and still keep the blue-white-orange. Perhaps where Wouter's sponsors Festivalblog and HBVL are positioned, you can put an Alitalia logo instead. Only keep Lotus and Octan on both cars, I prefer to stick to the idea of 'blue car, white sidepods, orange wings, orange details' + of course the mandatory small Michelin, Lola, Lancia and Zastave logos.

Understood. I don't really like the location of the Lotus Professional logo so I might reposition it slightly.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wizzie, can you send me the Aston livery for 2015 so I can edit it for 2016?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

This wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:If you want, I can stick van Nieuwenhuijzen's personal sponsors Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. and TNT Express N.V. on next year's car, just to make it look a tiny bit different.

Understood. I don't really like the location of the Lotus Professional logo so I might reposition it slightly.

No problem, only the Octan logo on the sidepods is fixed (because of being main sponsor) and obviously TVL/TNT should be on the orange parts, Lotus and Chimay/Philips in the blue parts and the smaller sponsors don't really matter. And oh, only put Alitalia on Bastiaans car (but i think you understood that part)
+ if you might have some free time, could you make a 'Belgian Grand Prix Special' too? in which the blue (Chimay Blue) will be replaced by brownish red (Chimay Red) (all other sponsors the same)?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:No problem, only the Octan logo on the sidepods is fixed (because of being main sponsor) and obviously TVL/TNT should be on the orange parts, Lotus and Chimay/Philips in the blue parts and the smaller sponsors don't really matter. And oh, only put Alitalia on Bastiaans car (but i think you understood that part)
+ if you might have some free time, could you make a 'Belgian Grand Prix Special' too? in which the blue (Chimay Blue) will be replaced by brownish red (Chimay Red) (all other sponsors the same)?

Oh. Bugger. I moved the Octan logo to the engine cover, but I did it to make it larger. TVL and TNT are on orange backing only as you said. And actually I didn't end up using Alitalia at all, there were too many logos on the car already without it.

Belgian GP won't be for a while yet and I finish Unviersity for the academic year in the middle of May, so I can do it then.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

This wrote:No problem, only the Octan logo on the sidepods is fixed (because of being main sponsor) and obviously TVL/TNT should be on the orange parts, Lotus and Chimay/Philips in the blue parts and the smaller sponsors don't really matter. And oh, only put Alitalia on Bastiaans car (but i think you understood that part)

Oh. Bugger. I moved the Octan logo to the engine cover, but I did it to make it larger. TVL and TNT are on orange backing only as you said. And actually I didn't end up using Alitalia at all, there were too many logos on the car already without it.

Belgian GP won't be for a while yet and I finish Unviersity for the academic year in the middle of May, so I can do it then.

Well, i don't like the idea of putting Octan's red and green on a blue background, i think it is more recognisable on a white background, despite the logo being smaller. It wouldn't be a problem if you put Festivalblog on the sidepods instead, but i don't want my other sponsors there.
Also i prefer Chimay where it was (on theupside of the back wing, but i guess the shape of their logo sorted that one out. (as it is similar to the shape and length of Philips, so you can put that on the underside, or do both cars different as i mentioned earlier). And you can leave the HBVL logo out if that saves out some space, the colours don't match anyway, and it's not a really good newspaper.
Edit: i realised the Chimay logo isn't rectangular at all, but the way it is on the bridge on the main straight on the Chimay circuit it is rectangular, and this is how i intended it.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Tassie Racing would like to join the waiting list please
Officially Retired
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Waiting list

Sod it, I may as well join the waiting list as well.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:Justin Case signed by Alitalia for first four races of 2016

After a podium on his series debut at today's F2RWRS Indy 100, Justin Case has been snapped up by Alitalia for the first four events of next season, replacing the suspended Andrej Kremnicky during that time.

"Justin did an outstanding race today, and when we saw the stewards were preparing a race ban for Andrej, we knew we had to act fast to secure Justin," said Andrea Sassetti, team principal of Scuderia Alitalia. "He showed great speed and talent today. To get a driver of that quality as a quick replacement is fantastic. It'll also give him a platform to get some more great results on his CV. This will be a great alliance for both parties."

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:Justin Case signed by Alitalia for first four races of 2016

After a podium on his series debut at today's F2RWRS Indy 100, Justin Case has been snapped up by Alitalia for the first four events of next season, replacing the suspended Andrej Kremnicky during that time.

"Justin did an outstanding race today, and when we saw the stewards were preparing a race ban for Andrej, we knew we had to act fast to secure Justin," said Andrea Sassetti, team principal of Scuderia Alitalia. "He showed great speed and talent today. To get a driver of that quality as a quick replacement is fantastic. It'll also give him a platform to get some more great results on his CV. This will be a great alliance for both parties."

I make the request of running Kremnicky in IFRC for the period of his suspension. Sure this isn't exactly a step forward for him, but what has he got to lose? If he can't get podiums in IFRC (something even Simon Garfünkel managed to achieve), he's not worth of your F2 seat either :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:

I make the request of running Kremnicky in IFRC for the period of his suspension. Sure this isn't exactly a step forward for him, but what has he got to lose? If he can't get podiums in IFRC (something even Simon Garfünkel managed to achieve), he's not worth of your F2 seat either :P

Sure, why the hell not...

Image Image
Ben Purse

Post by Ben Purse »

Team DALS would like to enter the waiting list.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

To finalize the driver line-up, who now owns Gregor Pascal, and will he stay with Gillet for 2016 or not?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:To finalize the driver line-up, who now owns Gregor Pascal, and will he stay with Gillet for 2016 or not?

I now own Gregor Pascal, and he will be happy to stay at Gillet for 2016.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Wizzie wrote:
tommykl wrote:To finalize the driver line-up, who now owns Gregor Pascal, and will he stay with Gillet for 2016 or not?

Splendid :D
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Oh and before I forget, Autodyanmics called. Albertini's got an offer for the second seat next year alongside Schiller if you want to take it up
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Wizzie wrote:
tommykl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:I now own Gregor Pascal, and he will be happy to stay at Gillet for 2016.

Oh and before I forget, Autodyanmics called. Albertini's got an offer for the second seat next year alongside Schiller if you want to take it up

Whole season or part-time?

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
tommykl wrote:Splendid :D

For the entire season BUT he is allowed to do a full-time F2RWRS season alongside it as there's nothing in the rules stopping him from doing so
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Wizzie wrote:
tommykl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Oh and before I forget, Autodyanmics called. Albertini's got an offer for the second seat next year alongside Schiller if you want to take it up

For the entire season BUT he is allowed to do a full-time F2RWRS season alongside it as there's nothing in the rules stopping him from doing so

Then I don't see any reason for holding him back :)

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

rwrsupdate.com/News/F2RWRS wrote:SWERTS TO F2RWRS AT LAST

Eric Swerts is set to finally move up to RWRS' second tier of competition full-time after being handed promotion by his new employers, the Plus One Group. The deal will see Swerts contest a full season with the British-based Foster's Good Call Racing squad, after initially being signed up for a third successive year of F3RWRS. At a press conference held at Plus One headquarters at the Lakeside Retail Park, Thurrock, Essex, Luke Knight explained the reasonings behind the decision:

"It's plain to see that Eric has talent, he's proved that after two highly competitive seasons of F3, including tasting victory in both campaigns." he said

"We were very happy to have Eric on board as an F3 driver, but both he and us [Plus One Group] knew that F2 was were he'd liked to have been for 2016. After struggling to find a suitable driver for our second F2 seat alongside Martyn [Rietacher], we realised that Eric was more than ready for the challenge of F2RWRS and that he'd be a huge asset in getting us onto the grid as soon as possible."

REYNARD CHASSIS FOR PLUS ONE

The British-based Foster's Good Call Racing will use Reynard chassis for the squad's maiden year in F2RWRS, rwrsupdate.com can reveal. FGCR are the first team to commit to Reynard after the chassis manufacturer announced their return to top-level European single seaters last month. The marque, who are owned by Canadian F1RWRS team Arrowtech-Acuri Motorsports, says that it has developed a chassis on par with the other big players - Lola, Dallara, and Zytek - but until now no one has been prepared to sign a contract.

The deal comes after FGCR announced a continuation of the established partnership between Plus One and Lancia, with the Thurrock-based team the second largest Lancia customers after wroks outfit Il Barone Rampante.

In brief - Swerts is to partner Rietacher and we will be using Reynard chassis.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

If all the driver bans are forced, my current IFRC drivers are candidades to replace your driver.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizze, did you ever get the RonDen liveries from me?

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Stramala wrote:Wizze, did you ever get the RonDen liveries from me?

Can't remember for sure but I don't think so. Probably was my fault for not downloading them anyway.