2016 IFRC season: NC race on P17, 2017 topic soon

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
the Masked Lapwing

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Belgium Heats

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Speedcafe.com wrote:Zimmer calls for bans after IFRC crash
New ZimSport team principal Frank Zimmer has called for Aimée Gauthier, Abdel Genazzi, Paul Traversen and Nobuo Takahashi to receive bans for the remainder of the IFRC season following their part in a crash involving his driver Renato Bulku during the second heat race at this week's Spa SuperPrix.
The incident occurred when Bulku's suspension failed and he was unable to get his car off the track. He was then hit by all four drivers, who ignored yellow flags and were racing at full speed. Bulku will likely miss the following IFRC in Russia, and possibly more, after Traversen's wheel made contact with his helmet.
All four drivers received penalty points as a result, but Zimmer claims it is too lenient. "This idiots clearly have no regard for their safety or the safety of others, and yet they're going to get away essentially scot free for putting a driver in hospital. They need to have some time to themselves so that they learn that this kind of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated."
In particular, Zimmer has been critical of the driving standards in the IFRC, and the relative lack of action from the IFRC. "This penalty point system they use in everything nowadays is awful. We've seen a huge number of horrific incidents this season, most of which come from driver stupidity. This is a professional racing series, yet lets its drivers get away with anything. Look at that penalty list. The one driver who got banned was because he didn't pit to fix a front wing. Stupid, yes, but he didn't cause any incidents, other then getting under the skin of a few front runners. Here we've got four drivers who've ignored one of the basic rules of motor racing, and a ban hasn't even been considered. They should be missing at least one race, if not the rest of the year."
So far, it has been confirmed that Bulku has received a concussion from the crash, but is stable and undergoing observation in hospital. Zimmer has not confirmed a replacement for Bulku yet.

I couldn't resist doing a pot/kettle thing here :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

So after a good night's sleep (the results were posted at 2:34 AM my time, so I didn't really have the time to think about the penalties or injuries thoroughly enough) I've reached the following verdict:

• Renato Bulku will miss the remaining rounds of the championship, including the NC race.
  • Aimée Gauthier is banned for the rest of the season.
  • Paul Traversen will miss the next race in Russia due to injury and is banned from Suzuka.
  • Abdel Genazzi is banned from Russia.

No less than eight cars managed to pass Bulku without a problem before Gauthier hit him, so there's no excuse for her actions. Traversen and Genazzi received lesser penalties due to the fact they lost control of their cars after hitting the debris scattered around, although they should've reduced their speed beforehand as yellow flags were being waved.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Jesper Solindahl wrote:On the behalf of our driver, we would like to apologise for Bulku's accident and wish him the speediest of recoveries.

James Linton wrote:As for our replacement, we will put up an open offer for any driver to take over Paul Traversen's spot for the remaining two races.

Jesper Solindahl wrote:Another thing…how the hell did Paul Traversen finish the race?

James Linton wrote:After flipping four times and in a semi-conscious state? I have no idea…pure talent perhaps?
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

WaffleCat wrote:
James Linton wrote:As for our replacement, we will put up an open offer for any driver to take over Paul Traversen's spot for the remaining two races.

David Tenpecost is interested for the seat :) . He has 2 weekends in his credits
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aimée Gauthier wrote:Well fine! I didn't really want to waste my time in this crappy series anyway!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Thiago Mazzacane will replace Gauthier for the rest of the year.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Serge Blanco will return to Restov Racing for the team's home race in Russia, replacing the suspended Abdel Genazzi.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Belgium Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Belgium, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, September 9th-11th 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny throughout.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Verna Klien has been given 12 penalty points for colliding with Björn Ekdal.

Penalty standings:
Aimée Gauthier 60 BANNED FROM THE NEXT TWO ROUNDS
Ashley Lilly 32 Ban served in Germany
Paul Traversen 30 BANNED FROM NEXT ROUND
Abdel Genazzi 30 BANNED FROM NEXT ROUND
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 19
Niko Eskola 12
Verna Klien 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Mika Paasonen 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
David Tenpecost 2

30 points lead to a one-race long ban.

Doctor's report
Nothing further to report.

Standings
Video
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Hawkin's helmet made me lol, whoever came up with that, thanks! Good idea! :lol:

Autosport wrote:The Come-Back of the Season? Hawkin Utterly Dominant at Spa

Terry Hawkin was in another league this weekend at the Belgian round of the IFRC at Spa. Having taken pole, fastest lap and a comfortable win by a margin of some 10 seconds in his heat race, the young Briton then went even better in the feature, leading from start to finish and winning by a margin of 20 seconds, taking pole and fastest lap again in the process. The win was Hawkin's eighth straight podium in the series, the best of any driver this season so far, and sees him at the summit of the drivers' championship with 128 points, a remarkable turnaround after the Jones Racing driver had languished in sixth place only a few races previously. Could this be the turnaround of the year in motorsport? Hawkin is refusing to get drawn into the hype but admits the title is very much on his mind:

"Obviously this weekend couldn't have gone any better" the Englishman beamed after the race, "to come away from here with maximum points and me top of the championship is like a dream, especially after what was a pretty poor start to the year - I hadn't even scored points until the third round feature race! There's a lot of talk going around that I'm apparently favourite for the title, but to be honest, whilst it is obviously on my mind, I just need to make sure I collect good points in these final two rounds and hopefully I'll be okay."

Hawkin has been a beneficiary of the series' topsy-turvy nature which has left the top five drivers in the championship all in with a chance of clinching the title in the final two rounds, and the Brit was keen to point out that the title race was far from over yet,

"Absolutely anything can, and probably will happen in these final two rounds. We've seen Salvatore get taken almost completely out of the equation just because a mechanical failure meant he went out in the heats. That could be me at the next round, it could be anyone. The reliability of these cars is less than ideal but we all have the same kit so it's just a case of making the most of the opportunities you're given, and I think I've done that this weekend."

Josh Carlisle happy to end points drought

With a brace of eighth places at the Belgian IFRC round, Josh Carlisle ended a run of nine races where the Englishman has failed to score a point. Naturally Carlisle was delighted, and believes this upturn in form will be a catalyst going into the final races of the year,

"It's really great to be back amongst the points again after the bad luck we've had recently, and I'm hoping that this will give the team a boost for the final two rounds. We have a great chance to close up on the guys around us and make the end of the year a rewarding period for us."

Carlisle has scored all of his team, The Crusaders' points in 2016 and has told Autosport he feels that his efforts will stand him in good stead for 2017.

"It's true that I have one eye on next year. I started out 2016 in F2RWRS before being dumped by Falik Arrows for circumstances that were out of my control. Fortunately The Crusaders have given me this chance for which I'm very grateful and I hope I've repaid them with my performances this year. For 2017 I think I've done enough to remain at the team, but either way I'm exploring opportunities elsewhere as I'm sure most drivers are at this time of year. I want to be on the grid next year, whether that's in F2 or IFRC and I'm confident I'll manage that."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Former F3RWRS and RoLFS driver, Ragnar Larsen is available to drive for the teams who have had their drivers suspended (ZimSport and Linton-Solindahl Motorsports).
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jerry de Boer wrote:Erm...that was, like...quite a good race, you know. Like...erm...oh, man, I'm baked, erm...I kinda drove quite well...have you got the, erm, number for Domino's? Man, I could use a pizza...so, like...yeah. 5th is good...and Jan van der Maeyede will be with us next race, so...I'm gonna need potato chips...

Jacques Couteau wrote:Zis was not ze ideal race for us, and we were really unlucky with crashes and stuff. Paasonen ended up ruining Quentin's weekend in the heat, and that unladylike Klien was trying to uh...how you English say..."peg" Bjorn. It is good to see Jerry get 5th, and he's probably "medicating his night terrors" right now...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

V8fan12 wrote:Former F3RWRS and RoLFS driver, Ragnar Larsen is available to drive for the teams who have had their drivers suspended (ZimSport and Linton-Solindahl Motorsports).

Renato Bulku has not been suspended - he injured!

Renato Bulku wrote:First off I would like to thank my fans, and everyone at ZimSport, for their support and kind words in this difficult time. Thankfully I am already through the worst, and the doctors assure me that I will make a full recovery, given time. It is a great disappointment to me that I will miss the remaining round of the IFRC season, as at the time of my accident I had the most consecutive points finishes in the series and was looking to continue helping the team up the rankings. I am sure that my great friend and team-mate Silvia Renaldi will continue her successes and lead the team in my absence. While I understand the interest of my fan, I would stress that it is too early at present to speculate on when I might actually make my racing comeback, and in what series, but you shall be the first to know. [Asked: "Do you have anything to say about the drivers who caused you to suffer your injury? Your boss called for them to receive bans..."] No, I don't have anything to say about Gauthier, Traversen and Genazzi. I trust the decision of NVRT Holdings.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

David Graham wrote:I'm really happy we made the final race once again, we're doing really well making the final race. We just need to improve our pace some more so that we can have a good end to the season. I'm really optimistic that will happen.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Rosco Vantini wrote:I am very un'appy. The team could not set up the car well and I lost out on points and the track was tough on brakes. I am glad that Bulku is okay but the knock to the head has given him brain damage. He should know that him, me, Zuber and Hawkin share the record for the most points finishes in a season with 8 although Hawkin can beat this and my record of most classified finishes in a seaon with 9 with a finish in the next race.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Nobuo Takahashi sacked from Falik Arrows replaced with Shinobu Katayama
After a number of disappointing races Nobou Takahashi in which he managed a best result of 5th but score no points in 14 races was fired from Falik Arrows, Prince Falik said that "Takahashi had not performed and despite warnings had not improved. We wish him the best of luck in the future. We have signed Shinobu Katayama to race in the series for the last two races. I do like the irony of her races in a series where the cup is name after her when she won the IRDU championship cup.".
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Rosco Vantini wrote:I am very un'appy. The team could not set up the car well and I lost out on points and the track was tough on brakes. I am glad that Bulku is okay but the knock to the head has given him brain damage. He should know that him, me, Zuber and Hawkin share the record for the most points finishes in a season with 8 although Hawkin can beat this and my record of most classified finishes in a seaon with 9 with a finish in the next race.

Renato Bulku wrote:What I meant was that I was the driver with the most points finishes who was still in the process of adding to his record.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

GTI actually got a good result, and that in front of the home crowd? Must be the legendary waffles Ron Mignolet made us as part of RonDenRE's technical support!

Everyone invited to our beerbeque tonight!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Jiri Komarek will replace Bulku in the ZimSport for the remainder of the season.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Linton-Solindahl Motorsports has until Tuesday 16:00 UTC to confirm a replacement to Traversen. Failure to do so in time will result in the #34 missing the Russian round.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Richard Hershall,tristian1117's driver, with F3RWRS,SRL and F1RWRS testing experience will take over Paul Traversen for Sochi and Suzuka.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Russia Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Russia, Nizhny Novgorod Ring, September 30th-October 2nd 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny throughout.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Salvatore Miccoli has been given 6 penalty points for colliding with Quentin Reatherson in Heat A.

Penalty standings:
Aimée Gauthier 60 BANNED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON
Abdel Genazzi 30 Ban served, will return next round
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 20
Nobuo Takahashi 19
Niko Eskola 12
Verna Klien 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Mika Paasonen 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Nothing to report.

Video
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Russia Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Russia, Nizhny Novgorod Ring, September 30th-October 2nd 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny throughout.

Qualifying

Race results

Apparently the twisty nature of this circuit was just too much for the cars, which led to high attrition. Also, there were a number of AIW issues I can't fix, which means we're very unlikely to come here next season.

Special "Dude, where's my GPS?" awards go to Quentin Reatherson, Alexandre Dorval, Josh Carlisle and Jiri Komárek.

Stewards' report
Jiri Komárek has been given 14 penalty points for colliding with Mika Paasonen on the pitlane.
David Koczo has been given 6 penalty points for colliding with Shinobu Katayama.
Lukas Zuber has been given 6 penalty points for colliding with David Koczo.

Penalty standings:
Abdel Genazzi 30 Ban served, will return next round
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 20
Nobuo Takahashi 19
Jiri Komárek 14
Lukas Zuber 13
Niko Eskola 12
Verna Klien 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
David Koczo 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Mika Paasonen 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Nothing to report.

Standings
Video

As we head to the last race weekend of the season, the top 3 of both championships still remain in mathematical contention for the titles.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wahoo, sixth for Graham!!! Very surprising!!!!!
Trulli bad puns...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Oh wow, so the title goes down to the wire! Twelve points in it, and Yamamura is still in with a chance if both Hawkin and Miccoli choke!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Jan de Friis wrote:This was not a good weekend for us. Fortunately it'll go better in Japan.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Nuppiz, could I please join the waiting list?

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Japan Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Japan, Suzuka Circuit, October 14th-16th 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny throughout.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Because handing out penalty points would be very ineffective now (as they are reset at the end of the season), the stewards are currently pondering how to penalise Rosco Vantini, Josh Carlisle and Shinobu Katayama for causing various collisions.

Penalty standings:
Paul Traversen 30 Ban served, can return for the NC race
Abdel Genazzi 30 Ban served in Russia
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 20
Nobuo Takahashi 19
Niko Eskola 12
Verna Klien 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Mika Paasonen 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Nothing to report.

Video
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

With Graham done for the season, he'd like to take this opportunity to advertise himself to teams looking for a pay-driver who can stay on the track. All offers are welcome.
Trulli bad puns...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Points after Japan heats;

T Hawkin - 151
S Miccoli - 150
A Yamamura - 129
A Lucarelli - 126

What a final race we have! Hawkin completely choked in the heat! And Yamamura was eliminated too! Lucarelli only needs to bring the car home 7th to secure 3rd in the drivers' championship. Straight fight for the title though. With a maximum score of 22 from the heats, Il Barone Rampante is confirmed as Teams' Champion; 29 points are on offer, and IBR have a 27pt lead, but with Yamamura not in the final, they don't have the means to score enough to catch IBR. In the end, Yamamura was eliminated by the thing that blighted Miccoli all year; reliability. And yet, Salvatore can still nick the title at the finish, if the car holds together one last time...

Elsewhere, the battle for 4th in the constructors is pretty close; De Friis have a 7pt gap over Tarantino Autosport - De Friis have the strongest driver in Lucarelli, but Tarantino have two good drivers, while van der Zwaart isn't much else than a pay driver. Could go either way, probably Tarantino's if Lucarelli can't finish.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Japan Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Japan, Suzuka Circuit, October 14th-16th 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny throughout.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
The stewards have decided that the penalty points accumulated during this weekend will carry over to the 2017 season, regardless of the driver continuing in the series or not.

Rosco Vantini has been given 7 penalty points for colliding with Julia Schilling in Heat A.
Josh Carlisle has been given 4 penalty points for colliding with Yuki Matsudate in Heat A.
Shinobu Katayama has been given 10 penalty points for colliding with Jiri Komárek in Heat B.
Mika Paasonen has been given 4 penalty points for colliding with Ashley Lilly in the final.
Silvia Renaldi, Hobson Tarantino, Karl van der Zwaart, Markus Jacobson, Björn Ekdal, Yuki Matsudate, Josh Carlisle, Verna Klien, Pablo Galaz, Ashley Lilly and Salvatore Miccoli have been given 3 penalty points each for colliding with David Koczo in the final.
Salvatore Miccoli has been given 4 penalty points for colliding with Lukas Zuber in the final.

2016 Penalty standings:
Aimée Gauthier 60 Ban served, can return for the NC race
Ashley Lilly 35 Ban served in Germany
Paul Traversen 30 Ban served, can return for the NC race
Abdel Genazzi 30 Ban served in Russia
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 27
Nobuo Takahashi 19
Verna Klien 15
Pablo Galaz 13
Niko Eskola 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Mika Paasonen 10
Shinobu Katayama 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Josh Carlisle 7
Rosco Vantini 7
Lukas Zuber 7
Karl van der Zwaart 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Silvia Renaldi 3
Hobson Tarantino 3
Jules Vergne 3
Markus Jacobson 3
Yuki Matsudate 3
Julia Schilling 3
Björn Ekdal 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
David Tenpecost 2

2017 carryover penalties:
Shinobu Katayama 10
Salvatore Miccoli 7
Josh Carlisle 7
Rosco Vantini 7
Silvia Renaldi 3
Hobson Tarantino 3
Karl van der Zwaart 3
Markus Jacobson 3
Björn Ekdal 3
Yuki Matsudate 3
Verna Klien 3
Pablo Galaz 3
Ashley Lilly 3

Doctor's report
Nothing to report.

Final championship standings
Video

What a season finale that was! It looked like Miccoli would clinch the title up until the last few laps, when Koczo's blowup caused massive chaos which ended up in Miccoli retiring and Hawkin having a clear path to 2nd and the drivers' title.

Congratulations Terry Hawkin, 2016 IFRC Drivers' Champion! and Lavezzi IBR, 2016 IFRC Teams' Champion!

We still have the non-championship race at Autopolis left, so you can start confirming your drivers there now. You can use your current race drivers, but if they already have conflicting entries elsewhere or just want to try something different, there's no restrictions on whom you can enter. The race conflicts with the F2RWRS Chinese Grand Prix, GTRWC Round of China, F1RICS Holden Grand Prix of Australia, RRC Round of Yorkshire, F1RSTC Round of Durham and PRC Fall Race of Fuji, so keep those in mind before confirming anything. The entry list can be found in the next post.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Japan Final. Season over, enter NC rac

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy entry list

IBR Lavezzi (ITA, Biscione)
#0: Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson (ICE)
#2: Nino Barlini (ITA)
Engine: Lancia-Judd
Tyres: Pirelli

Plus One Racing Engineering (GBR, pasta_maldonado)
#3: Joe Harmsky (RUS)
#4: Scott Marsden (GBR)
Engine: Acura-Cosworth
Tyres: Michelin

Aeroracing Engineering (GBR, Phoenix)
#5: James James Davies (GBR)
#6: Kay Lon (DEU)
Engine: Audi-Judd
Tyres: Bridgestone

Takagi Racing Enterprises (JPN, FMecha)
#7: Yui Megumi (JPN)
#8: Ryu Takanori (JPN)
Engine: Honda-Judd

ZimSport (AUS, The Masked Lapwing)
#9: Silvia Renaldi (ITA)
#10: Sandy Grey (USA)
Engine: Holden-Cosworth

Winton Racing (GBR, DalekSam)
#11:
Engine: Ilmor-Zytek

Jones Racing (GBR, AndreaModa)
#12: Terry Hawkin (GBR)
#13: Connor O'Heagan (IRE)
Engine: Ford-Cosworth

Speedworld Racing (AUT, OsellaFA1L)
#14: Janne Kagström (FIN)
Engine: Zytek
Tyres: Continental

Nebula Grand Prix (GBR, Atax1a)
#15: Jorge Álvarez Torrente (ESP)
#40: Björn Ekdal (SWE)
Engine: Peugeot-Cosworth
Tyres: Yokohama

RonDen Racing Engineering (BEL, This)
#16: Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (FIN)
#17: Terenzio Nicchi (VAT)
Engine: Trabant-Judd
Tyres: Belshina

Ural Racing (RUS, The Lukas)
#18: Ivan Lanin (RUS)
#19: Yuki Matsudate (JPN)
Engine: Judd
Tyres: Avon

Red Bull World Race Team (AUS, eurobrun)
#22: Dale Hamilton (AUS)
#23: Alexander Nog Steeds (NED)
Engine: Cosworth
Tyres: Coker

Tarantino Autosport (USA, tristan1117)
#24: Hobson Tarantino (USA)
#25: Lukas Zuber (FRA)
Engine: Judd
Tyres: Firestone

De Friis Motorsport (NED, Vepe)
#26: Urmas Pärn (EST)
#27: Salvatore Miccoli (ITA)
Engine: Lancia-Judd
Tyres: Hankook

Racing Team Solvalou (ITA, RealRacingRoots)
#28: Alexandre Dorval (BEL)
#29: Markus Jacobson (FIN)
Engine: Assoluto-Judd

Cemex Team Rojo (MEX, adriojim)
#30:
#31:
Engine: Audi-Cosworth

Restov Racing (GBR/RUS, takagi_for_the_win)
#32: Waisale Serevi (FJI)
#33: Alexander Obolensky (RUS)
Engine: Lada-Cosworth

Linton-Solindahl Motorsports (GBR/DEN, WaffleCat)
#34: Paul Traversen (DEN)
#35: George MacDrage (GBR)
Tyres: Avon

Falik Arrows (NGA, SuperAguri)
#36: Rosco Vantini (ITA)
#43: Kenan Ardaoglu (DEU)
Tyres: Dunlop

Sienar Race Systems (VAT, Dark77)
#37: Herberto Dominguez (AND)
#38: Alessandro Marchesi (ITA)
Engine: Sienar-Cosworth
Tyres: Yokohama

Écurie Prenois (FRA, pi314159)
#39: Tuomas Suomanen (FIN)
#44: Thiago Mazzacane (ARG)
Engine: Citroën-Zytek

Clockwork Racing (USA, Cynon)
#41: Matt Brinson (USA)
#42: Katie Lea Winter (DEU)
Engine: Ford-Zytek
Tyres: Cooper

Minarae (ITA, Aerond)
#45: Jesus Plaza (MEX)
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

FMecha, sorry but Verna Klien will not be available to compete in the non-championship race for Takagi. However I can offer you one of the following drivers:

• Ragnar Larsen (Sweden, Age 22) - Has experience in RoLFS and F3RWRS. Would like a seat in open-wheelers.
  • Angelica Lopez (Mexico, Age 16) - Has no experience, but is willing to get into open-wheelers.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

After his efforts this season, Reatherson deserves a rest. Henceforth, I'll put Jorge Álvarez Torrente in the #15, and keep Ekdal in the #40.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Paul Traversen will return for Autopolis, however David Graham will be given a rest,and George McDrage from F3RWRS will be given a chance in the IFRC for this non-championship race.

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

How was the safety car not pulled out when Ardagolu was turned over? He took up half the road and everyone seemed to ram into him...
Trulli bad puns...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerospeed wrote:How was the safety car not pulled out when Ardagolu was turned over? He took up half the road and everyone seemed to ram into him...

My guess: Nathan Nurmester had drunk himself into a stupor over the fact that all these drivers still have careers and he doesn't.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I think Zuber and Tarantino deserve to race in the final non-championship round.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Salamander wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:How was the safety car not pulled out when Ardagolu was turned over? He took up half the road and everyone seemed to ram into him...

My guess: Nathan Nurmester had drunk himself into a stupor over the fact that all these drivers still have careers and he doesn't.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. :lol: But the real reason is that the field spread at that point was already so great that it would've been too dangerous for me to drive the safety car on the track (I could've easily caused another accident because there were no good gaps to drive in).

Note that failure to submit a lineup will result in the team missing the race completely, and no new teams are admitted in their place. However, there's plenty of time before I'll run the race to allow other categories to catch up (such as F3RWRS - I don't want retcon stuff if Torrente or MacDrage happen to get themselves injured in the races that are scheduled before this).
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wait, so you drive the SC yourself? Seems legit...
Trulli bad puns...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ryu Takanori (my FNippon driver) will take Klien's place for the NC race, while Yui Megumi will do her job as usual, too. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport