2016 IFRC season: NC race on P17, 2017 topic soon

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
V8fan12

Re: 2016 IFRC season: USA Final

Post by V8fan12 »

FMecha wrote:V8fan12, that (Klien to TRE) is indeed a deal. :)

Ok cool. Thanks :)

Just to clarify, this is from Round 7 (Germany) onwards replacing Ryan Knittefield right?
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
This wrote:Altough i was thinking, with Wouter Lamberigts being banned for one F2RWRS weekend, would he be allowed for IFRC that weekend?

Well, we usually don't carry penalties from one category to another, so I suppose it would be alright. But I'll have to warn you for nearly reaching the limit on driver changes. While there's no official limit per se, you might see your cars blowing up a bit more often if you keep this up. :P

The season is crap already :lol: No, i just wondered that he might be too experienced for IFRC, after all he's done nearly 3 full F3RWRS seasons, won 2 races (3 actually) and scored millions of pole-positions.

We'll, at the start of the season we had a former F1RWRS champion joining the series, only to move to F1RWRS on the last minute. :lol: So there's no experience restrictions yet - enjoy while it lasts though, as there will be more restrictions next season.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
This wrote:Altough i was thinking, with Wouter Lamberigts being banned for one F2RWRS weekend, would he be allowed for IFRC that weekend?

Well, we usually don't carry penalties from one category to another, so I suppose it would be alright. But I'll have to warn you for nearly reaching the limit on driver changes. While there's no official limit per se, you might see your cars blowing up a bit more often if you keep this up. :P

The season is crap already :lol: No, i just wondered that he might be too experienced for IFRC, after all he's done nearly 3 full F3RWRS seasons, won 2 races (3 actually) and scored millions of pole-positions.

For the one race which Lamberigts is banned in F2RWRS, there is no IFRC race. What this means is, he would be doing two series at once, unless of course you are planning to withdraw him from F2RWRS. I would advise you against that, because you already signed over his soul to IBR's wheel of fortune :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

in that case, we'll keep him in IBR's wheel of fortune for a while.

It's IBR, What could possibly go wrong? :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

V8fan12 wrote:
FMecha wrote:V8fan12, that (Klien to TRE) is indeed a deal. :)

Ok cool. Thanks :)

Just to clarify, this is from Round 7 (Germany) onwards replacing Ryan Knittefield right?

Round 10 onwards, after Eskola's done with his job. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Germany Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Germany, Motorsport Arena Oschersleben, July 15th-17th 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all along.

Heat A qualifying

Heat A race results

Heat B qualifying

Heat B race results

Stewards' report
David Graham has been given 4 penalty points for colliding with Matt Brinson in Heat A.

Penalty standings:
Ashley Lilly 32 Ban served, will return next round
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Mika Paasonen 2
David Tenpecost 2

30 points lead to a one-race long ban.

Doctor's report
Nope.

With more than 14 finishers in both races, there's nothing special about who qualifies for the final.

Video
Yeah, both heats were very dull to watch.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Germany Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Germany, Motorsport Arena Oschersleben, July 15th-17th 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all along.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Pablo Galaz has been given 10 penalty points for colliding with Scott Marsden.
Niko Eskola has been given 12 penalty points for ignoring blue flags and colliding with Renato Bulku and Quantin Reatherson.

Penalty standings:
Ashley Lilly 32 Ban served, will return next round
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 12
Niko Eskola 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Mika Paasonen 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Nope.

Standings
Video
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

It's been too long since I last posted something in here so...

Autosport wrote:Hawkin takes third as Jones admits surprise at Vantini's "appalling pace"

Jones Racing driver Terry Hawkin has taken third position in today's German round of the IFRC, held earlier at Oschersleben. Hawkin has been struggling with inconsistent results in the first half of the year, hampered by car failures from the notoriously temperamental stock chassis. His latest podium finish however lifts the 18-year old driver into fifth in the standings, though some way off of championship leader Salvatore Miccoli.

Hawkin finished ahead of Rosco Vantini, the Italian having recently been dumped by Hawkin's boss Sammy Jones from the Jones Racing F1RWRS team. Jones took the opportunity post-race to criticise Vantini for his lack of effort,

"Frankly I find it astonishing that Rosco Vantini, who finished third last year in the F1RWRS championship, can only manage fourth place in amongst a bunch of relatively inexperienced youngsters. This guy should be walking all over these kids! Instead he's happy to trundle round bring home a few points to keep the team happy and somehow expect his next F1RWRS drive to fall into his lap. His pace is appalling for someone who is meant to be a top-line driver, to be quite honest it's embarrassing. He should pack it in and go back to Italy in my view. He blew it at Jones Racing, refused to heed my advice to him and is now suffering the consequences. He has himself entirely to blame for the situation he finds himself in."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

www.espn.co.uk/ifrc wrote:Couteau bemoans reliability; impressed with drivers

Nebula Grand Prix principal Jacques Couteau is "horrified" at the reliability problems that his IFRC outfit has suffered during 2016.

Despite the IFRC commission updating the current Lola chassis due to a spate of failures during the early season, the recent race at Oschersleben saw both Quentin Reatherson and Bjorn Ekdal retire with engine and gearbox issues respectively, leading Couteau to speak out on the current issues befalling the team.

"Since the car was updated, we're really seeing the pace we have. However, a double retirement hurt us massively here, and as far as we're concerned the chassis still has a few problems with it" said Couteau. "We're not showing what we can do in the races, and quite frankly I'm horrified at the number of retirements we've had this year."

However, despite the loss of valuable points this weekend, Nebula finally have a well-balanced lineup according to Couteau.

"We knew Quentin was a star; he went into F3RWRS last year with no prior experience, and he really showed that underdog spirit that the Brits like to pride themselves on. We've spoken to his management about bringing Quentin to Fusion Motorsports in F2RWRS for next season, however we've not really heard much back. As for Bjorn, he's come into the team and done a fantastic job to get used to standard of competition. We certainly want to keep him here for next season to give him a full season."

Although Couteau could not comment on who would definitively drive for Nebula in 2017, rumoured talks with current F1RDS hotshot Simon Mestach have gone cold, fueling further stories that the Belgian youngster has been offered a seat elsewhere.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

The Fox: Jones "too hasty" in Vantini
After comments made by Sammy Jones on ArrowTech test driver Rosco Vantini calling his pace "appalling," The Fox has replied to his comments. "He may have had a few tough races this year but he has done well. He obviously overdrive his car in the F1RWRS last year, and he was shelved as a #2 driver this year. That brought his spirits down a bit. They judged him too quickly, he's way too young to be judged like that." Adding speculation that Vantini might drive for ArrowTech next year, he said that the test in Mont-Tremblant in August will be his proving ground in the F1RWRS. He also added that "fourth place is a great place to be, considering that his car is not the greatest in the series right now."
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:Judged him too early?! Christ almighty this is motor racing not f***ing charity! If I'd kept Vantini on for the whole year I can guarantee that my team wouldn't be anywhere near winning the constructors' title. If you're so sure of his talent Foxy, stick him in an ArrowTech and let's see how he does!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Prince Falik says Jones too harsh on Vantini
After Rosco Vantini drove the Falik Arrows to 4th place at the German GP final after doing so in the heat race, Prince Falik was quick to enter the Rosco Vantini debate and was critical of Sammy Jones. He said "Everyone knows that the bog standard Zytek engine is down on power and grunt compared to all the other engines in IFRC. We are working hard to make sure that the next years engine will be much better. However Rosco has come inm done 4 races, jumped to 13th in the Championship, scored 4th or better in those 4 races, outperformed a certain Josh Carlisle, has got the best result of a Zytek engined car and has put the Falik Arrows team 11th in the Championship. The raw facts are just showing how much talent Rosco Vantini has and how unhappy and undersupported he was at Jones. Jones was too harsh on Vantini, he really should have put him in a tester role and not just sack him. However if Arrowtech take him for 2017 then Jones better watch out.".
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:I fully agree with M. Jones' decision to sack Vantini. Vantini did a good job for most of last season, but as soon as Rhys Davies joined the team, you could see 'e was no longer committed to giving his best. 'is performances dropped off a cliff and that continued through to this year. Considering zat zis time last year, this man was being touted as the driver to end Mark Dagnall's dominance of F1RWRS, that he is now content to be an also-ran in a junior series, and getting into arguments with small girls, speaks incredibly badly of his commitment to motorsport. That said, if M. Fox and M. Falik are content to waste their time in giving this idiot second and third chances that he does not deserve, zen zat is their problem. I look forward to seeing them being proved wrong as soon as Vantini gets bored of zem.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:I'd like to clarify that Josh Carlisle and his performances are of no concern to me or the Jones Racing Group.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Netherlands Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

Jumping the gun with this to avoid having to run two IFRC rounds during the same week.

2016 IFRC Round of the Netherlands, Circuit Park Zandvoort, July 29th-31st 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all along.

Heat A qualifying

Heat A race results

Heat B qualifying

Heat B race results

Stewards' report
Nothing to report, everyone drove cleanly.

Penalty standings:
Ashley Lilly 32 Ban served in Germany
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 12
Niko Eskola 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Mika Paasonen 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Connor O'Heagan and Viktor Pasitchnjuk are under observation in the hospital due to their accidents.

With more than 14 finishers in both races, there's nothing special about who qualifies for the final.

Video
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

David Graham wrote:I'm thrilled that we got ourselves into the final heat, I'm really looking forward to the final race. :)
Trulli bad puns...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jacques Couteau wrote:I'm very pleased with Quentin's performance in his heat; he made an excellent start to the race and just held it perfectly. We're sad to see Jerry not in the final, and qualifying seems to have screwed him a bit. He did a good drive, and for sure made excellent moves past the others.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Jan de Friis wrote:It seems that for some reason, Karl has got stuck in the back-end of the field lately, while Alessandro has driven brilliantly the whole season. However, I still have faith in him. By the way, does anyone know what kalakukko is? Yesterday we got sent 2 kilos of that stuff from some people from Finland.

Björn Ekdal wrote:This has been a good weekend for me so far. It is still difficult to drive the car, it has so much more horsepower than the cars I have driven earlier in my carreer.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Netherlands Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of the Netherlands, Circuit Park Zandvoort, July 29th-31st 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all along.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report

Penalty standings:
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 12
Niko Eskola 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Mika Paasonen 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Viktor Pasitchnjuk has been cleared to compete in the next round. Connor O'Heagan and Marco BIzzarri will miss the next race and need to be replaced.

Standings
Video
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Jacobson will be replacing the tart Marcia with immediate effect.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Marco Bizzarri will be replaced by Justin Case (should be okay with This, I believe).

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Terry Hawkin wrote:I'm absolutely delighted with that performance, my first feature race win in IFRC, and a fastest lap to go with it as well. I would have liked to have got pole as well but Salvatore has been on fire all year and this weekend was no exception. He clearly has the talent to go a long way and I'm really happy that I did enough today to beat him. It does a lot for your confidence, beating someone as good as him. This year hasn't gone entirely to plan for us but fourth in the championship is nothing to be ashamed of and as far as my position at Jones Racing is concerned, Sammy has assured me that it is secure. I still have plenty of time to gain experience, I mean I have four years on Salvatore for example, so for me my aims at the moment are to just keep getting the experience and getting good results for the team.

My plans for 2017 haven't been finalised as of yet, I'm happy to stay in IFRC but if Sammy feels a move elsewhere would be beneficial then I'm all for it. I'm looking forward to the Pacific Rim Cup later in the year, I always enjoyed the original Lola F2RWRS chassis so hopefully that will stand me in good stead and after that we'll have to see! For now, I'm just going to try and score as many points in the final few races of the year and see where that leaves me in the championship. If I can catch Lucarelli and finish third I'd be very pleased.

As for a replacement for O'Heagan, I'd like to give reserve driver Deividas Lukauskis a run out, if that is okay with you Ataxia? I don't know if he's going to be busy at the next race or not though.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:
Terry Hawkin wrote:I'm absolutely delighted with that performance, my first feature race win in IFRC, and a fastest lap to go with it as well. I would have liked to have got pole as well but Salvatore has been on fire all year and this weekend was no exception. He clearly has the talent to go a long way and I'm really happy that I did enough today to beat him. It does a lot for your confidence, beating someone as good as him. This year hasn't gone entirely to plan for us but fourth in the championship is nothing to be ashamed of and as far as my position at Jones Racing is concerned, Sammy has assured me that it is secure. I still have plenty of time to gain experience, I mean I have four years on Salvatore for example, so for me my aims at the moment are to just keep getting the experience and getting good results for the team.

My plans for 2017 haven't been finalised as of yet, I'm happy to stay in IFRC but if Sammy feels a move elsewhere would be beneficial then I'm all for it. I'm looking forward to the Pacific Rim Cup later in the year, I always enjoyed the original Lola F2RWRS chassis so hopefully that will stand me in good stead and after that we'll have to see! For now, I'm just going to try and score as many points in the final few races of the year and see where that leaves me in the championship. If I can catch Lucarelli and finish third I'd be very pleased.

As for a replacement for O'Heagan, I'd like to give reserve driver Deividas Lukauskis a run out, if that is okay with you Ataxia? I don't know if he's going to be busy at the next race or not though.

I don't think there's any Lupo things going on, so Lukauskis is happy to fill the seat!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

From the next round onwards, Scott Marsden will be replaced by Kenan Ardaoglu.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:Marco Bizzarri will be replaced by Justin Case (should be okay with This, I believe).

It's okay, but don't let him drive too often for your teams, or others might think IBR is turning into a RonDen B-team ;)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ataxia wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:As for a replacement for O'Heagan, I'd like to give reserve driver Deividas Lukauskis a run out, if that is okay with you Ataxia? I don't know if he's going to be busy at the next race or not though.

I don't think there's any Lupo things going on, so Lukauskis is happy to fill the seat!

Happy days! Let's see what the boy can do! :D

Deividas Lukauskis in for O'Heagan at Jones Racing for the next round please Nuppiz!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Finland Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Finland, Motopark Raceway, August 19th-21st 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Steady rain throughout.

Heat A qualifying

Heat A race results

Heat B qualifying

Heat B race results

Stewards' report

Penalty standings:
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 12
Niko Eskola 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Mika Paasonen 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Nada.

With 14 or more finishers in both races, there's nothing special about who qualifies for the final.

Video
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Katie Lea Winter wrote:Erm... Yeah, so... The engine was actually working correctly, the brakes didn't fail and I finished fifth. Now I wonder if some supernatural forces were with us today.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:Recovered Koczo heading to IFRC?

With a full-time contract in his pocket for 2017 in the ACO's LMC, David Koczo is back on the road to competitive racing again. However, the injuries from his accident have already healed, and is raring to get racing again. With no F1RWRS seats forthcoming, it seems former employers Il Barone Rampante have offered the Hungarian a chance to get back in the cockpit.

"David is fighting fit again, but unfortunately for him both our drivers in F1RWRS are doing a top job, so I have no justification to bump either of them at the moment," said team principal Alessandro Linari. "However, I've made it clear to him he is welcomed, nay, encouraged, to drive our IFRC car in anger for the rest of the season."

The comments suggest Marco Bizzarri is almost inveitably going to be sacked, having been thoroughly beaten by a second rookie team-mate in two years. Marcel Agyemang-Badu won the title for IBR first time of asking last year, and current team-mate Salvatore Miccoli is currently atop the drivers standings pre-Finland.

"We gave Marco the same opportunities as all our other young drivers, but unfortunately, for one reason for another, it hasn't quite worked out," Linari said. "But, we aren't ending our co-operation just because of this. He was convincing in the Aston 24H last year, I think he may have a solid future ahead of him in tin-tops. IBR also has a top programme in this area, so he'll still have a career in racing ahead of him."

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

RejectSport/ifrc wrote:Koczo ready to make competitive return

Just 7 months after suffering serious injuries in an avalanche whilst skiing, David Koczo is set to make his competitive return with the Il Barone Rampante International Formula Reject Challenge squad. The Hungarian, 29, is said to have been 'determined' to resume racing as soon as possible, after the accident which left him with muscle and bone damage.

"It was tough, indeed" said Koczo "being stuck in the hospital that first week after the accident, thinking my whole career was over. Luckily, although F1RWRS is sadly an unrealistic goal, there's still a future for me in racing. I am delighted to be working again with Alessandro [Linari, IBR team principle] and everyone at Il Barone Rampante... they are like family to me, and the support they gave me after my accident was humbling."

Koczo was due to race in F1RWRS for IBR daughter team, Scueria Alitalia, but the injuries he sustained in the accident have ruled him out of any possible F1RWRS comeback this year. He is set to compete in the inaugural Le Mans Cup in 2017 for the works Toyota team.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Finland Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Finland, Motopark Raceway, August 19th-21st 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report

Penalty standings:
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 12
Niko Eskola 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Mika Paasonen 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Nada.

Standings
Video
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

David Graham wrote:Well, can't complain with 13th.... but I was hoping for a points finish today. The track is tight and narrow, so passing doesn't occur much here.
Trulli bad puns...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alessandro Linari wrote:Again, it's the same shite as always, the spec package breaks on us. It's like we have the worst luck, but I'm starting to feel like it's no coincidence. Without all the extra breakdowns Lucarelli and Miccoli suffered, they'd be running away at the top of the table already. But instead now, they must fight Yamamura and Hawkin. At least this weekend, Yamamura suffered some back luck for the first time. But Hawkin is right with us now, we must be careful of him.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jacques Couteau wrote:It's been fabulous to get our first win of ze year at such a...vital time. Quentin did everything right, and although ze IBR people will be sad that Miccoli retired, we consider it good fortune for us. We need zis kind of performance more often if Quentin is going to win, and we're aiming to get him on at least 100 points by the end of the season. Bjorn needs to speed up a bit, but these things 'appen when you 'aven't raced in a while then step up to another category.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Terry Hawkin wrote:What a weekend! Things are finally coming right for me after a slow start to the year and the results here in Finland mean I'm right in the championship hunt now. I totally didn't expect that a few races ago but things have fallen into place perfectly just at the right time of the year so I'm just hoping now that we can carry this momentum until the end of the season. It's hard to see past Salvatore even though he's had a run of bad luck, but you can dare to dream, right?!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Silvia Renaldi, driver of Car #9 wrote:"The car seemed wrong all weekend, I don't know why, but it did not handle like it did earlier in the season. I can only guess right now but we were sunk after qualifying. Could not overtake whoever was in the two cars in front, no good places to pass. Can't wait to get to a much better circuit and hopefully the car will work better."

Ian Cooper, Clockwork Racing Owner, Crazy S.O.B. wrote:"We regret to inform everyone that our foolproof strategy of blinding them with our orange paint will only continue to improve, and any evidence to the contrary will be severely frowned upon... THE REIGN OF ORANGE IS UPON US!!"

Pickles the Cat, Clockwork Racing Technical Director wrote:"Meow."
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Rosco Vantini wrote:Another race, another lot of points. I am very 'appy, this car handles better then the Jones car. Although I can't win the championship, I am aiming to get 5th, this is the most realistic target and if the slow but reliable engine keeps going then I should make it.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Renato Bulku wrote:While I am disappointed that I am yet to pick up my first victory of the season, it is still pleasing that I have continued my recent good run of points finishes, which has brought me within one point of my team-mate, despite missing the first four rounds. My goal in Belgium is to win the heat and finish on the podium in the final.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Jan de Friis wrote:Well, that didn't go too well. Oh well, at least this kalakukko is really tasty.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Belgium Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Belgium, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, September 9th-11th 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny throughout.

Heat A qualifying

Heat A race results

Heat B qualifying

Heat B race results

Stewards' report
Mika Paasonen has been given 4 penalty points for colliding with Quentin Reatherson in Heat A.
Aimée Gauthier has been given 60 penalty points for ignoring yellow flags and causing a collision in Heat B.
Abdel Genazzi and Paul Traversen have been given 30 penalty points each for ignoring yellow flags and causing a collision in Heat B.
Nobuo Takahashi has ben given 7 penalty points for colliding with Renato Bulku and continuing to drive without a front wing afterwards in Heat B.

Penalty standings:
Aimée Gauthier 60 BANNED FROM THE NEXT TWO ROUNDS
Paul Traversen 30 BANNED FROM NEXT ROUND
Abdel Genazzi 30 BANNED FROM NEXT ROUND
Scott Marsden 22
Mathilde Thybes 21
David Graham 20
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Nobuo Takahashi 19
Niko Eskola 12
Dorien Lamberigts 10
Pablo Galaz 10
Marcos Marcia 9
Serge Blanco 8
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Mika Paasonen 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Daniela Anger 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
David Tenpecost 2

Doctor's report
Abdel Genazzi, Paul Traversen and Renato Bulku are being monitored in a hospital. Genazzi is likely to escape an injury that would cause him miss any races, while Paul Traversen and Renato Bulku are very likely to miss races. In particular, Bulku received a strike on the helmet from Paul Traversen's right front wheel.

Despite somehow finishing the race, Paul Traversen will miss the final as a medical precaution. Additionally, Nobuo Takahashi was not classified, which means that the top 16 of Heat A and top 12 of Heat B qualify for the final.

Video