PMMF Canon Discussion Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Salamander

PMMF Canon Discussion Thread

Post by Salamander »

I figure we probably need this since the canon discussion has kind of hijacked the rantbox. Here's a list of the current canon series:

Historic series
F1WRCR (1950-): Run by tommykl
rFactor Alternate Formula One (1979-): Run by pasta_maldonado
LifeGP (1991-): Run by Nuppiz
F1RGP2C (1994-): Run by tristan1117
ProstGP (2001): Run by Dark77
rFactor Alternate CART (2002): Run by Dark77

Modern series (no longer active)
RTCC (1998, 2015-2016): Run by pasta_maldonado (1998, 2016)/ Dark77 (2015)
F1 Rejects LFS Cup (2011-2012) (First incarnation of RoLFS): Run by Pointrox
Cycling Series (2012-2013): Run by Shadaza
F1RBCC (2014): Run by Jeroen Krautmeir
RoLFS (2014-2015): Run by Nuppiz
F1RICS (2015-2016): Run by Ferrarist/Biscione
F1RDS (2015-2016): Run by Ataxia
IFRC (2016): Run by Nuppiz
Rejects Rallycross Championship (2016): Run by Dark77
Lupo GTI Championship (2016): Run by Rated

Modern series (active)
FxRWRS
F1RWRS (2010-): Run by The Masked Lapwing (2010-2012)/ Aerond (2013-Present)
F2RWRS (2014-): Run by Wizzie (2014-2016)/pasta_maldonado (2017-Present)
F3RWRS (2014-): Run by The Masked Lapwing
AutoReject
AR3.5 (2017-): Run by Nuppiz
AR2.0 (2017-): Run by Ataxia
ARST (2017-): Run by Salamander
ARGTi (2017-): Run by Rated
ARUS (2017-): Run by Biscione
Other series
Alternate Formula One (2010-): Run by Klon
F1RSTC (2015/2016-): Run by WaffleCat
GTRWC (2016-): Run by RealRacingRoots
Rejectrucks Super Series (2016-): Run by Cynon
SARS (2016): Run by Klon
FRENCH (2016-): Run by Aerond
Le Mans Cup (2017-): Run by pi314159
Rejects World Motorcycle Trophy (2017-): Run by Pointrox
V-Powered Championship (2017/2018-): Run by Pointrox
Toyota Rejects Racing Series (2017): Run by Biscione

Of course, this is open to change, so feel free to suggest series to be taken down/added to the list.
Last edited by Salamander on 14 Jan 2014, 13:22, edited 19 times in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pi314159

Re: PMMF Canon Discussion Thread

Post by pi314159 »

The Street Racing League has been relaunched and can be considered canon.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Souldn't the F1CC be considered canonical, as, according to the Wiki:
The series was actually an online championship mainly for F1RWRS drivers held from 2012 to early 2014. Some guest drivers also competed, as did a handful of ordinary people with enough technical skills to connect to the official servers to compete with the professional drivers. In early 2014, the server permanently crashed, and the series was cancelled shortly after the running of qualifying for the 1999 Spanish Grand Prix.

Mostly because I want Douglas Mann to remain a cononical Champion!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

dr-baker wrote:Souldn't the F1CC be considered canonical, as, according to the Wiki:
The series was actually an online championship mainly for F1RWRS drivers held from 2012 to early 2014. Some guest drivers also competed, as did a handful of ordinary people with enough technical skills to connect to the official servers to compete with the professional drivers. In early 2014, the server permanently crashed, and the series was cancelled shortly after the running of qualifying for the 1999 Spanish Grand Prix.

Mostly because I want Douglas Mann to remain a cononical Champion!

Canonical in the sense that it was canon drivers playing a video game :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Since there are relations between my F1 series and the RWRS world, coupled to the fact that I'm very likely never to get up to 1979, I think my series should be considered canon...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

tommykl wrote:Since there are relations between my F1 series and the RWRS world, coupled to the fact that I'm very likely never to get up to 1979, I think my series should be considered canon...

I'd agree with that, I left it off the list initially because I wasn't sure of the links.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Alright, F1WRCR and F1RSRL are added; as for F1CC, I have no problem with it being considered canon, due to the whole video game explanation of it, I'm just not sure what years to file it under; when it was set (1997-1999), or whatever year F1RWRS was in when it was taking place.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Alright, F1WRCR and F1RSRL are added; as for F1CC, I have no problem with it being considered canon, due to the whole video game explanation of it, I'm just not sure what years to file it under; when it was set (1997-1999), or whatever year F1RWRS was in when it was taking place.

:) :D :mrgreen: Yay, Douglas Mann can be considered a cononical champion(albeit a virtual champion within a virtual reality...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

IFRC can be added to the list (only reason I didnt add it on at the start was that I'd forgotten the new name :oops: )
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:IFRC can be added to the list (only reason I didnt add it on at the start was that I'd forgotten the new name :oops: )

Done. Also added RTCC, since that's starting up again.
Everything's great.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Wait, theres a continuity?

So as a rookie, only participating in these series will let a character's XP carry over?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Wait, theres a continuity?

So as a rookie, only participating in these series will let a character's XP carry over?

Indeed. There is a scheme colloquially known as 'Road to RWRS', which includes F1RWRS, F2RWRS, F3RWRS, F1RDS, IFRC and F1RICS.

As a quick guide, any series listed in Section 1.2.6 of the F1RWRS series regulations count towards driver skill/exp. http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/F ... quirements

As you can see, it can be gained from many different places.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:

Indeed. There is a scheme colloquially known as 'Road to RWRS', which includes F1RWRS, F2RWRS, F3RWRS, F1RDS, IFRC and F1RICS.

As a quick guide, any series listed in Section 1.2.6 of the F1RWRS series regulations count towards driver skill/exp. http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/F ... quirements

Except for the REECCS, which isn't canon and shouldn't be there (I think I put that there actually :oops: ). Apart from that, everything.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:

Except for the REECCS, which isn't canon and shouldn't be there (I think I put that there actually :oops: ). Apart from that, everything.

Nah, I put that there back in the day when the series was semi-canon. Oh, and for those of you that haven't noticed, I added the GTRWC and RTCC championships as criteria several days ago while the forum was down. However, I am willing to change it if the need arises.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Has there been a debate as to whether F1RMGP and its female version, WEC, is or is not canon? After all, a lot of drivers migrated into that universe's Bathurst 24 hour race... (The Bathurst 24 Hours did occupy the F1RMGP universe, didn't it?).
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:Has there been a debate as to whether F1RMGP and its female version, WEC, is or is not canon? After all, a lot of drivers migrated into that universe's Bathurst 24 hour race... (The Bathurst 24 Hours did occupy the F1RMGP universe, didn't it?).

I really don't think it should be canon. There's far too many discrepancies, and the F1RMGP is a whole universe in itself. The fact there was a crossover for the Bathurst 24hrs was the same reason that we've had drivers placed in other series. People didn't have the canon in mind back then.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Has there been a debate as to whether F1RMGP and its female version, WEC, is or is not canon? After all, a lot of drivers migrated into that universe's Bathurst 24 hour race... (The Bathurst 24 Hours did occupy the F1RMGP universe, didn't it?).

I really don't think it should be canon. There's far too many discrepancies, and the F1RMGP is a whole universe in itself. The fact there was a crossover for the Bathurst 24hrs was the same reason that we've had drivers placed in other series. People didn't have the canon in mind back then.

Discrepancies? The only thing that really comes to mind is Chris Dagnall...
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

I mean all the teams, the drivers used in it, etc. It's too far altered from the reality that RWRS is set in to be considered canonical. The only similar things about it are the tracks, and a handful of the drivers really. Plus the whole hologram thing is bizarre if you ask me, a bit like some drivers possessing magical "time travel" abilities... :roll:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I really don't think it should be canon. There's far too many discrepancies, and the F1RMGP is a whole universe in itself. The fact there was a crossover for the Bathurst 24hrs was the same reason that we've had drivers placed in other series. People didn't have the canon in mind back then.

I mean all the teams, the drivers used in it, etc. It's too far altered from the reality that RWRS is set in to be considered canonical. The only similar things about it are the tracks, and a handful of the drivers really. Plus the whole hologram thing is bizarre if you ask me, a bit like some drivers possessing magical "time travel" abilities... :roll:

Does it have to have much in common with RWRS, though? Can't they just be separate series in the same continuity?
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yeah of course, but I'm talking about fundamentals, I just see the two as so different that it would be best to keep them separate.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Yeah of course, but I'm talking about fundamentals, I just see the two as so different that it would be best to keep them separate.

Uhm...F1RMGP Main Series and WEC has Alitalia. That complicates things quite a bit.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Updated the canon list - adding the RRC and removing Aerond's karting series since it hasn't been officially announced yet.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Added dark's Alternate CART series, since that will be taking over from ProstGP. Also added the Lupo GTI Championship.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I really don't think the F1RMGP should be considered canon. Just an opinion
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

eurobrun wrote:I really don't think the F1RMGP should be considered canon. Just an opinion

Agreed.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Then what are you going to do with all the canon links in the series then? The Bathurst 24H? It wasn't made clear early enough that it wasn't canon and now we're in a situation where you'd have to retcon the whole of 2015.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stramala wrote:Then what are you going to do with all the canon links in the series then? The Bathurst 24H? It wasn't made clear early enough that it wasn't canon and now we're in a situation where you'd have to retcon the whole of 2015.

But come on, we're all agreed that time travelling drivers is a stupid idea, so by extension bringing drivers back from the dead seems pretty far-fetched too. It's a nice series, don't get me wrong, but it's too detached from reality for it to be considered a realistic series in my view. Besides, the majority of drivers in it are eligible for bus passes by now!

There's no need to retcon anything, just consider the two "universes" to be parallel but not linked to each other.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:
Stramala wrote:Then what are you going to do with all the canon links in the series then? The Bathurst 24H? It wasn't made clear early enough that it wasn't canon and now we're in a situation where you'd have to retcon the whole of 2015.

But come on, we're all agreed that time travelling drivers is a stupid idea, so by extension bringing drivers back from the dead seems pretty far-fetched too. It's a nice series, don't get me wrong, but it's too detached from reality for it to be considered a realistic series in my view. Besides, the majority of drivers in it are eligible for bus passes by now!

There's no need to retcon anything, just consider the two "universes" to be parallel but not linked to each other.

What? That last sentence just contradicts itself. If there's no links, what do we do with Scuderia Alitalia being in the series? And the Bathurst 24 Hours?
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

The Bathurst 24 hours is why it shouldn't be canon. Otherwise Jason Hamilton would have raced with smashed legs
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:What? That last sentence just contradicts itself. If there's no links, what do we do with Scuderia Alitalia being in the series? And the Bathurst 24 Hours?

Scuderia Alitalia happens to exist in that dimension F1RMGP is in but it's not the Scuderia Alitalia. Just like Daniel Melrose exists in the TMMC universe but he's not the Daniel Melrose of the RWRS world.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Klon wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:What? That last sentence just contradicts itself. If there's no links, what do we do with Scuderia Alitalia being in the series? And the Bathurst 24 Hours?

Scuderia Alitalia happens to exist in that dimension F1RMGP is in but it's not the Scuderia Alitalia. Just like Daniel Melrose exists in the TMMC universe but he's not the Daniel Melrose of the RWRS world.

Because if it were, they would have done the sensible thing and not let the Mad Uncle anywhere near a TMMC car :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Klon wrote:

Exactly.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Alright, here's how I think I'm gonna handle this. Since there's obviously considerable and reasoned opposition to F1RMGP being canon, I'm gonna open a vote on this. You can vote either to keep F1RMGP canon, or to boot it out, by sending me a PM (That handy little letter button on the right side of this post). I'll hold it open for 3 days from this post, so it'll end at THURSDAY 25 APRIL 2013, 14:00 UTC.
Everything's great.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: PMMF Canon Discussion Thread (VOTE OPENED ON F1RMGP)

Post by Butterfox »

The Bathurst enduro is non-canon because it featured a Trabant from REECCS and it performed pretty good. Case closed.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This wrote:The Bathurst enduro is non-canon because it featured a Trabant from REECCS and it performed pretty good. Case closed.

Also REECCS itself is non-canon. Both good points.
Everything's great.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RMGP Is non-cannon
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aerond wrote:F1RMGP Is non-cannon

I know we have a vote on and that's fine, but for me, this ends the discussion to be honest.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

You're welcome to participate in the vote if you want to.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

And the vote is now over. With a decisive result of 8-1 in favour of non-canon, F1RMGP will be removed from the list of canon series.
Last edited by Salamander on 26 Apr 2013, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Everything's great.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

You're welcome to participate in the vote if you want to.

You might have missed the joke.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!