2016 F1RDS Season - END OF SEASON & Post-season testing

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

2016 F1RDS Season - END OF SEASON & Post-season testing

Post by Ataxia »

You know how it is, this is the series for the young guns. Drivers must be 21 or under when the season begins.

2016 Wiki Page: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2 ... ies_season

2015 Thread: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5140
2015 Wiki: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2 ... ies_season

New rules:

- Engines now have a universal power of 250bhp. These can be rebadged by team principals.
- Teams can no longer be taken over mid-season. If a team pulls out, any replacement will a) start on zero points and b) use the numbers 28 & 29. If more than one team pulls out, then numbers 30 & 31 onwards will be used.
- The Winter Cup will have 6 races in total. If there are three venues, then there will be two races on each track. If there are more venues, then the races will be divided as is seen fit.
- Teams may use a maximum of four drivers over a season.

Waiting List:
takagi_for_the_win
go_Rubens
AdrianSutil
Klon
captain_getz
Salamander
V8fan12
Last edited by Ataxia on 02 Mar 2014, 15:08, edited 60 times in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2016 F1RDS Season - New Thread (Winter Cup Vote)

Post by Ataxia »

I wanted to get the vote for the Winter Cup done...(I kinda forgot...)

Here are the suggested venues; those suggested that belong to countries we already visit have been omitted. I will let people make more submissions until Monday, then the voting shall begin.

Option 1 - California Cup (Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Long Beach)
Option 2 - South America Showdown (Buenos Aires, El Pinar, Curitiba, Interlagos)
Option 3 - Australia Trophy (Adelaide, Melbourne, Bathurst)

Only team owners can vote, and they each get one vote, which you should PM to me. The closing date for votes is Saturday 16th February.

Happy voting!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Autosport wrote:Autoroute to change name... again

French F1RDS team Autoroute GP are going to change their name again. The team will enter the new RDS season as Écurie Prenois, after moving to this village close to the Dijon-Prenois race track.

I hope that's ok, I never really liked the old name, it was just a translation of the original name.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'll extend the voting deadline to Monday, because I've only had 4 votes...

Calendar has been altered a little bit too; Norisring has given up one race, so Turkey now has two.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Well, I'm probably not gonna get any more votes now, so I'll read out the scores:

California Cup: 3
South America Cup: 0
Australia Cup: 3

So...it's a tie. Do you want me to pick, or does everyone just wanna go for a free-for-all in thread?
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Pick one, that's what everybody else does.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Warren Hughes wrote:Pick one, that's what everybody else does.

Pack your sunglasses chaps, we're off to California!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:

Damn, was gonna vote put forgot to do so. Anyway, I don't mind going to California - at least it's going to be warm... :P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

California, and we still have an opening at the champion team.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Grovey

Post by Grovey »

Shizuka wrote:California, and we still have an opening at the champion team.

Matt Grove is interested
The amount of WHINCUPWINSLOL is too damn high
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

It's probably a good thing you went to California as the Australian Cup would be the textbook definition of hell, with every race being in anywhere between the mid 30s and mid 40s plus a mid-race hailstorm just because the big guy upstairs hates us and likes trolling us with the weather whenever he feels particularly sadistic that day.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Shizuka wrote:California, and we still have an opening at the champion team.

As is Stan Frankham and his Hype sponsorship, if an F3RWRS move to Prospec falls through.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Would the F1RDS like to join the RTCC at Suzuka on 15-16th October instead of going to Fuji?
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 21 Feb 2013, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Would the F1RDS like to join the RTCC at Suzuka on 15-16th October instead of going to Fiji?

Fiji? Don't worry, I know what you mean.

I'll definitely consider it...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Would the F1RDS like to join the RTCC at Suzuka on 15-16th October instead of going to Fiji?

Fiji? Don't worry, I know what you mean.

I'll definitely consider it...

Haha, we'd all like to go to Fiji in October :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2016 F1RDS Season - Driver Signups and Engine Rebadging

Post by Ataxia »

Thought I'd give this a wee nudge; Mecha and Kingfisher still have spaces going.

As I recall, there was mutual interest between Matt Grove and Kingfisher...

To anyone that would like to get involved in the RWRS universe, here's your chance to enter a driver before all the seats go. Remember; drivers must be between 14 and 21.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Thought I'd give this a wee nudge; Mecha and Kingfisher still have spaces going.

As I recall, there was mutual interest between Matt Grove and Kingfisher...

To anyone that would like to get involved in the RWRS universe, here's your chance to enter a driver before all the seats go. Remember; drivers must be between 14 and 21.

I don't want to enter a new driver so I am still open to offers. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

16 South African Naas Botha is looking for a drive in this series
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:16 South African Naas Botha is looking for a drive in this series

Mecha is interested. :)
adriojim

Post by adriojim »

17 years old Mexican Manuel Riva is looking for a drive, he can bring some money from Telcel.
Last edited by adriojim on 11 Mar 2013, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

17yo Montenegrin Darko Kuznevic (with money from Montenegro's mobile operator m:tel and CBA Montenegro) also is in the hunt for a seat
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Two things:
I'd like to give Reith the car number #0, as a tradition. Since the champion have left the series, it is only fair to not use the #1.
Also, we'd like to rebadge the Cosworths as Fords. Because why not. :D

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

adriojim wrote:17 years old Mexican Manuel Riva is looking for a drive, he can bring some money from Telcel.

FantometteBR wrote:17yo Montenegrin Darko Kuznevic (with money from Montenegro's mobile operator m:tel and CBA Montenegro) also is in the hunt for a seat

I was going to run a random number generator, until I am just realized that those drivers' sponsorship are in conflict with Kurniawan's own sponsor, Telkomsel (an Indonesian mobile operator).

So that means Naas Botha is signed to Mecha Junior Team, except TFTW objects. :)
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Frankham: "Prepare to eat my dust"

Newly-signed V Sport driver Stan Frankham has issued a warning to his fellow F1RDS rivals for 2016, claiming that he'll "take on all-comers" in his quest for the championship. Frankham and teammate Thomas Butler had a torrid time in 2015 with the uncompetitive Kingfisher team, but now Frankham is keen to prove his ability in the team which took unknown South Korean Hwok Kwol-Cho to the title last year.

"I'm pumped for 2016, no question about that" said Frankham to reporters yesterday, "I feel better than a juiced Lance Armstrong, I feel like I can take anyone in the series this year and come out on top. V Sport are a top team, and I can't wait to get in the car and show everyone what I can really do. I'll easily blow [teammate] Behrman Reith into the weeds, and everyone else should prepare to eat my dust, because that's all they'll be seeing of me."

Alongside the drive at V Sport, Frankham has also been handed the reserve driver role at top F3RWRS team Prospec for the coming season, after impressing in a one-off drive at last season's Surfers SuperPrix. It remains unclear though if he'll have any opportunities to make the step up in 2016.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosport wrote:Frankham: "Prepare to eat my dust"

Newly-signed V Sport driver Stan Frankham has issued a warning to his fellow F1RDS rivals for 2016, claiming that he'll "take on all-comers" in his quest for the championship. Frankham and teammate Thomas Butler had a torrid time in 2015 with the uncompetitive Kingfisher team, but now Frankham is keen to prove his ability in the team which took unknown South Korean Hwok Kwol-Cho to the title last year.

"I'm pumped for 2016, no question about that" said Frankham to reporters yesterday, "I feel better than a juiced Lance Armstrong, I feel like I can take anyone in the series this year and come out on top. V Sport are a top team, and I can't wait to get in the car and show everyone what I can really do. I'll easily blow [teammate] Behrman Reith into the weeds, and everyone else should prepare to eat my dust, because that's all they'll be seeing of me."

Alongside the drive at V Sport, Frankham has also been handed the reserve driver role at top F3RWRS team Prospec for the coming season, after impressing in a one-off drive at last season's Surfers SuperPrix. It remains unclear though if he'll have any opportunities to make the step up in 2016.

Alasdair Lindsay wrote:Frankham is probably as juiced as Lance Armstrong :roll:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stan Frankham wrote:Nah mate, clean as a whistle. Unlike you, you filthy Scottish scumbag. I'd be surprised if that's actually blood running through them veins and not a mix of coke and whiskey. Go and get yourself cleaned up, you're lowering the tone of the place.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Frankham will be advised to wind his neck in if he ever gets a Prospec race drive :lol:
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stan Frankham wrote:Nah mate, clean as a whistle. Unlike you, you filthy Scottish scumbag. I'd be surprised if that's actually blood running through them veins and not a mix of coke and whiskey. Go and get yourself cleaned up, you're lowering the tone of the place.

Aimée Gauthier wrote:*sigh* I wish I could go a year in this sport without having to put up with some moron who's so full of himself they're about to burst... maybe next year...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

FMecha wrote:
adriojim wrote:17 years old Mexican Manuel Riva is looking for a drive, he can bring some money from Telcel.

FantometteBR wrote:17yo Montenegrin Darko Kuznevic (with money from Montenegro's mobile operator m:tel and CBA Montenegro) also is in the hunt for a seat

I was going to run a random number generator, until I am just realized that those drivers' sponsorship are in conflict with Kurniawan's own sponsor, Telkomsel (an Indonesian mobile operator).

So that means Naas Botha is signed to Mecha Junior Team, except TFTW objects. :)

Nope mate, he's all yours :) He may not bring much in the way of backing, but he knows a prodigous amount of swearwords, in English, German, Afrikaans, French and, for some reason, Gaelic Irish :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Got my laptop charger back now, so I've updated the wiki with that. Now we're just waiting on Kingfisher and then I can start preparing for the Winter Cup...so that's just mainly liveries.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Got my laptop charger back now, so I've updated the wiki with that. Now we're just waiting on Kingfisher and then I can start preparing for the Winter Cup...so that's just mainly liveries.

I'd like to get the first Winter Cup race done in about 2 weeks time. Thusly, Kingfisher have until the 22nd March to finalise their driver lineup (and if they don't manage to do so that means the team next on the list will have a week to sort theirs.)

I can mainly use liveries from last season if you're not too bothered, or you can send me a new one if that's what you'd prefer. I've done one for Ecurie Prenois and would be happy to do more if you state any criteria you have.

Ecurie Prenois Livery:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Got my laptop charger back now, so I've updated the wiki with that. Now we're just waiting on Kingfisher and then I can start preparing for the Winter Cup...so that's just mainly liveries.

I'd like to get the first Winter Cup race done in about 2 weeks time. Thusly, Kingfisher have until the 22nd March to finalise their driver lineup (and if they don't manage to do so that means the team next on the list will have a week to sort theirs.)

I can mainly use liveries from last season if you're not too bothered, or you can send me a new one if that's what you'd prefer. I've done one for Ecurie Prenois and would be happy to do more if you state any criteria you have.

Ecurie Prenois Livery:

If Kingfisher don't get something sorted, you should punish them by putting Nestra Aya in the seat :twisted:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

You got a problem there champ. Lappy and I won't be able to finish off the final races of 2015 until four weeks from now at the absolute earliest due to exams and the like.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:

You got a problem there champ. Lappy and I won't be able to finish off the final races of 2015 until four weeks from now at the absolute earliest due to exams and the like.

That's a bit annoying; I wanted to crack on with some races over Easter...ah well. It's going to be rather stop-start in that case as uni exam week comes two weeks after the Easter break.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Sorry. A lot of shite in my life right now so only make token appearances and posts now and again. Yeah we are still
Interested and will sign Matt Grove to one seat. Second seat TBA. I have email system on here so please drop my a message if you need a decision on anything else soon. Thanks
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AdrianSutil wrote:Sorry. A lot of shite in my life right now so only make token appearances and posts now and again. Yeah we are still
Interested and will sign Matt Grove to one seat. Second seat TBA. I have email system on here so please drop my a message if you need a decision on anything else soon. Thanks

That's understandable. You've got a choice of Manuel Riva and Darko Kuznevic for the second seat; who gets it is your call.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

The Rosenforth livery.
If it destroys your eyes, I refer you to discussion about the Takagi livery in the IFRC :twisted:

Also, Rosenforth will officially be known as Telstra Racing Rosenforth. I'll change it on the wiki in a sec.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Just thought I'd mention that I'll try and get the Winter Cup started up again when all of the Non-Championship stuff is done in the various competitions.

Kingfisher still need to nominate a driver but given the circumstances I will give it a good bit of time.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2016 F1RDS Season - PREPARATION FOR CALI CUP!

Post by Ataxia »

NOTE: If you want a new livery, speak now. If not, then I shall reuse the one from last season (or if you want me to edit the old one a little bit, just tell me what needs doing). I have a little more time at the moment so I am able to do a few.
FMecha

Re: 2016 F1RDS Season - PREPARATION FOR CALI CUP!

Post by FMecha »

Ataxia wrote:NOTE: If you want a new livery, speak now. If not, then I shall reuse the one from last season (or if you want me to edit the old one a little bit, just tell me what needs doing). I have a little more time at the moment so I am able to do a few.

Have you removed the Renault logo on the Mecha car? ;)