The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Cynon

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by Cynon »

ADx_Wales wrote:GLORY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU

That is all.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Beautiful.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Funny but the word that sprang to my mind was 'glorius' too.
Just For One Day...
Kobacrashi

Post by Kobacrashi »

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takuma We Love You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always knew he could do it. Does this make him the greatest Japanese driver ever?

I think So!!!!
Kobayashi is back! Need I say more!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Takuma Sato! This is awesome!
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

couldn't have said it better myself. The rate at which Sato pulled away at the end was mesmerizing :D
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Kobacrashi wrote:Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always knew he could do it. Does this make him the greatest Japanese driver ever?

I think So!!!!

There is Toshio Suzuki who won the Rolex 24 in 1992 and the 24 Hours of LeMans in 1999 overall, but between those was two F1 starts of rejectful proportions in 1993. Takuma Sato is certainly amongst the best Japanese drivers to have ever raced though.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Sato's win made it worth it to stay awake until 1.45 am.

My ROTR pick is Saavedra. Very stupid-looking crash early on and he also had dumb moment on Saturday.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Kobacrashi wrote:Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think So!!!!

There is Toshio Suzuki who won the Rolex 24 in 1992 and the 24 Hours of LeMans in 1999 overall, but between those was two F1 starts of rejectful proportions in 1993. Takuma Sato is certainly amongst the best Japanese drivers to have ever raced though.

Toshio was in a Toyota GT-One that finished 2nd Overall behind the BMW V12 LMR of Yannick Dalmas (Reject), Joachim Winkelhock (Reject) and Pierluigi Martini (Absolute Legend). The GT-One was placed in a LMGTP class where it was only them, the Audi R8-Coupe and those flipping Mercedes CLRs. Along with Keiichi Tsushiya and none other than Ukyo Katayama, who was in the car when it burst a tyre in the dying hours of the race, were the only ones to finish in that class.

But Definitely Daytona in one of the Nissans, along with Masahiro Hasemi (Kojima at Fuji in 1976) and Kazuyoshi Hoshino ('nuff said).

Seiji Ara was in the Team Goh Audi R8 that won Le Mans in 2004, JJ Lehto and Tom Kristensen were the other two.

Bleu wrote:My ROTR pick is Saavedra. Very stupid-looking crash early on and he also had dumb moment on Saturday.

He had two spins on the way out of the pits after that crash, he looked like a drunk man walking home on his own approaching an upward escalator.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Sato is now in the 2nd position in the championship, close to Castroneves. It's time to start to believe :D .
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

YEEESSSS GO GO TAKUUUUUUUU!!!
also:
while i was watching the race i accidentally thought "who's that in the BAR?". i then realized it was Rahal in his vague-BAR-liveried RLL.
anyone else? it was during one of the overhead shots of the race start where you couldn't quite see the sponsors on the side.
white, red, grey, black.....BAR
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

If they replaced the grey band with the tan accent of the lucky strike logo, then yeah, I could see it.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

nome66 wrote:YEEESSSS GO GO TAKUUUUUUUU!!!
also:
while i was watching the race i accidentally thought "who's that in the BAR?". i then realized it was Rahal in his vague-BAR-liveried RLL.
anyone else? it was during one of the overhead shots of the race start where you couldn't quite see the sponsors on the side.
white, red, grey, black.....BAR

The fact that there's a Honda badge too makes it look even more like a BAR.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Foyt's team used to be a minnow with the influence of one of the top teams. I'm hoping Sato is able to keep this form going because that team hasn't been this good since the strong CART teams moved to the IRL.

Do it for SuperTex, Taku!!

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

The speedway and the team owners are considering to option of holding next year's season finale at the Indy road course: http://www.indystar.com/article/2013042 ... ck_check=1

My opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU_GhqVgc9M
MIA SAN MIA!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Ferrarist wrote:The speedway and the team owners are considering to option of holding next year's season finale at the Indy road course: http://www.indystar.com/article/2013042 ... ck_check=1

My opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU_GhqVgc9M

I don't really like the idea either but if it puts on a good race I'll like it.

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

And to think Sato is now 2nd in points behind Helio Castro Neves. If he can keep this up over the next few races, he may even have a chance at the championship ... one can always dream, I guess. But current champion Ryan Hunter-Reay was not expected to become champion before his mid-season winning streak last year, so a surprise champion could happen again.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Yannick wrote:And to think Sato is now 2nd in points behind Helio Castro Neves. If he can keep this up over the next few races, he may even have a chance at the championship ... one can always dream, I guess. But current champion Ryan Hunter-Reay was not expected to become champion before his mid-season winning streak last year, so a surprise champion could happen again.

Takuma Sato is weakest on ovals. If he runs well enough at Indy, I would say he's good for the championship.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
nome66

Post by nome66 »

in my eyes thast means either winning, or taking dario with him this time

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

nome66 wrote:in my eyes thast means either winning, or taking dario with him this time

:lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

The 'original' Pippa Mann takes Indy again!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107118
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FantometteBR wrote:The 'original' Pippa Mann takes Indy again!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107118

Made my week, this did! And did you know she and I were born in the same hospital, 366 days apart!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

There's a speculation around here that Bruno Senna was invited by Ganassi team to drive in the remaining road courses of the season and the invite is open to next year, also.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Kurt Busch will test an Andretti-Chevy at Indy: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107184

If Kurt really takes the 500, he should also bring Kyle along. :mrgreen:
MIA SAN MIA!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ferrarist wrote:Kurt Busch will test an Andretti-Chevy at Indy: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107184

If Kurt really takes the 500, he should also bring Kyle along. :mrgreen:

I smell a new episode of 'Kurt Busch Radio Sweetheart' :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I'm not too sure if I like the thought of that former Busch Series driver joining the Indy 500 entrants whilst during the ongoing Brazilian Indy race weekend, Brazilian media have hinted at their local heroes Castro Neves and Kanaan getting older with no younger Brazilian drivers anywhere near a top ride in the series. Where is Rafael Matos if you need him? Here's hoping Bia Figuereido's sponsorship will continue to fund her Dale Coyne ride after the Indy 500. Might Bruno Senna Lalli join IndyCar one day? Or who else might be the next top driver from Brazil in the series to keep Apex Brazil happy?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yannick wrote:I'm not too sure if I like the thought of that former Busch Series driver joining the Indy 500 entrants whilst during the ongoing Brazilian Indy race weekend, Brazilian media have hinted at their local heroes Castro Neves and Kanaan getting older with no younger Brazilian drivers anywhere near a top ride in the series. Where is Rafael Matos if you need him? Here's hoping Bia Figuereido's sponsorship will continue to fund her Dale Coyne ride after the Indy 500. Might Bruno Senna Lalli join IndyCar one day? Or who else might be the next top driver from Brazil in the series to keep Apex Brazil happy?

... are you referring to Kurt Busch? Because he is a NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion. He's also been doing awesome things in a backmarker team this year.
Everything's great.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Yannick wrote:I'm not too sure if I like the thought of that former Busch Series driver joining the Indy 500 entrants whilst during the ongoing Brazilian Indy race weekend, Brazilian media have hinted at their local heroes Castro Neves and Kanaan getting older with no younger Brazilian drivers anywhere near a top ride in the series. Where is Rafael Matos if you need him? Here's hoping Bia Figuereido's sponsorship will continue to fund her Dale Coyne ride after the Indy 500. Might Bruno Senna Lalli join IndyCar one day? Or who else might be the next top driver from Brazil in the series to keep Apex Brazil happy?

I think getting more American drivers is more urgent for IndyCar. If at least half of the field are from the US, things may not look so bleak for Indy.
MIA SAN MIA!
nome66

Post by nome66 »

that has got to be the greatest IRL-era finish i have ever seen on a roadcourse

Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Oh man, Sato lose the victory in the last corner :( . But at least, Sato is now the Leader of the championship!

Thrilling Last laps.
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Wow, those last 20 laps were a thriller.
Well, Sato deserved to win, although that doesn't make it a stolen win from Hinchcliffe.
Shame that Newgarden didn't get on the podium, he deserved a win here.
Honourable mention to Oriol Servia for finishing fourth, could have been even higher.
That would have been very nice, considering the dire financial straits Panther DRR is in.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

What a goddamn race. Seriously. Sato drove brilliantly at the end there but he just got a little crossed up on the last corner and that let Hinchcliffe through. It's impossible to be mad about a Hinchtown win though - and now Sato leads the championship regardless. If he has another Indy run like he did last year, Takuma Sato could very well prove to be a serious title contender.
Everything's great.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

any word on Zanardi?
time trial week is coming up and i'd like to know if there will be a car with no throttle/brake pedals

The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

nome66 wrote:any word on Zanardi?
time trial week is coming up and i'd like to know if there will be a car with no throttle/brake pedals

Ganassi and Vasser have backed out of the idea. It would probably too dangerous anyway, when it's hard to get out of the car even under usual circumstances.
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Wow, that's what I call a race, very entertaining last few laps. I loved the crowed roaring louder than the engines at the end and every time TK took the lead.
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Yannick wrote:I'm not too sure if I like the thought of that former Busch Series driver ...

... are you referring to Kurt Busch? Because he is a NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion.

That was just a bit of wordplay ... maybe not a good pun though, since most NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers are former Busch Series drivers, regardless of their surname ...

But now, for something completely different ...

Here's your new points leader: Takuma Sato!!!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Yannick wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Yannick wrote:I'm not too sure if I like the thought of that former Busch Series driver ...

... are you referring to Kurt Busch? Because he is a NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion.

That was just a bit of wordplay ... maybe not a good pun though, since most NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers are current Busch Series drivers, regardless of their surname ...

Let me fix that for you :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Time for the ROTR.

I give my ROTR for KV Racing. Kannan could have won this race or, at least, a very good result.

Penske deserves a mention, also.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ROTR was clearly Penske. Both Castroneves and Power's races were utter disasters.
Everything's great.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Another brilliant run by Takuma Sato. It seems that he has been fixed by A. J. Foyt. As BCS said, a Hinchtown win isn't something to get mad about. I also agree with Penske being ROTR. Pitiful day.

Seriously, Takuma Sato is turning into a Japanese racing God :P Only Kobayashi runs him close. Or Aguri Suzuki.

Kurt Busch will do testing with Andretti Autosport at Indy in hopes of doing a future Coca Cola 600/Indy 500 in one day. There is an award which goes to a driver that wins both races in a day. As much as I hate him, go Kurt!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.