RWRS Lawnmower Race - 2015

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RWRS Lawnmower Race - 2015

Post by Aerond »

...and Chris Dagnall accepts the challenge!
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:And I'll throw out a challenge to that cretin Rhys Davies as well. And Chris Dagnall, but the latter more out of the spirit of competition than any malice as disliking Daggers is a sin punishable by papaya cannon. Hating on Daggers Jr however is an entirely different ballgame :P

Bring it on :twisted:

There is one spot left on the entry list. I honestly didn't think we'd get there this quickly, but there you go. For the drivers on the reserve, they'll all be invited to take part in a race between themselves during part 3 (including Hirate, seeing as this is a similar case to Pippa Mann).

When challenges are accepted, could the one who started it then confirm exactly who will competing in these races, so that I don't have to try to figure it out myself (otherwise you all end up in one race and knowing some of these drivers, that could get ugly very quickly :lol: )
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Many people believe, that Jan de Friis was drunk when he entered... And they're correct.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

F1RGP2C James Davies wrote:Aw man, this is gonna be so great! It's practically a parade of complete and total losers! ... though where the hell is Zimmer? It's not really complete if you don't have the biggest clown of all on show...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
the Masked Lapwing

Right then, with 72 entries, I think I'll draw the heats now, so people can prepare to be hit by Voeckler.

There will be four heats, and the top 4 from each heat will continue through to the finals (and don't complain, so few drivers getting through was the main reason I came up with Part 3, which I should give a proper name to...)
This means there will be 18 mowers per heat. I've simply used random.org to decide the lineups.

HEAT 1:
7. Frank Zimmer
9. Dean Melville
12. Gianluigi Pazzini
14. Benoit Voeckler
17. Shane Walsh
21. Andrea Battani
33. Quentin Reatherson
34. Paul Travesen
38. Martyn Rietacher
42. Thomas Butler
43. Laura Wener
45. Sammy Jones
52. Mustafa Kurniawan
53. Thiago Mazzacane
54. Michael Cameron
58. Jari Lappalainen
62. Gia van Dycke
65. Juan Manuel Scalabroni

HEAT 2:
2. Phillippe Nicolas
5. James Douglas
10. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen
11. Marcel Agyemang-Badu
24. Thomas De Bock
26. Laurent Seron
27. Eric Swerts
28. Simon Mestach
41. Poppy Whitechapel
47. Terry Hawkin
56. Jiri Komarek
59. Simon Garfunkel
60. Wouter Lamberigts
61. Ron Mignolet
68. Jalmerson da Cunha
69. Patrick Feldhoffer
72. Rick Simpson
73. Jan de Friis

HEAT 3:
8. Daniel Melville
13. Olafur Ragnar Hannesson
20. Jason Hamilton
29. James Davies
30. Jordan Davies
31. Behrman Reith
32. Nestra Aya
35. Gary Pacer
37. David Koczo
40. Damon Cannon
44. George MacDrage
46. Danny van Rijkens
48. Steven Mackintosh
50. Hendra Naufal
57. Jules Vergne
64. Judd McAllister
66. Victoria Desai
70. Nathan Scott

HEAT 4:
3. Mitchell Macklin
4. Joel Melrose
6. Rhys Davies
15. Phil McCracken
16. Tristan Jung
18. Roberto Zayas
19. Collin Pratchett
22. Mika Paasonen
23. Deiter Hallenstien
25. Aurelien Moll
36. Martin van der Maeyede
39. Franc Piscine
49. Dave Anderson
51. Hiroto Tojo
55. Nathanael Cameron
63. Raul Souto Maior
67. Stephanie Brown
71. Dave Simpson

And John Zimmer will be up for a race against F1RGP2C James Davies, now that both are practically old men :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wherr the bathplug is Chris Dagnall?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aerond wrote:Wherr the bathplug is Chris Dagnall?

And Francesco Fagioli and Phoenix McAllister as well :twisted:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Did not race in 2015, and for some reason TMLW is being really picky about eligibility! So he's not allowed in...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:

Did not race in 2015, and for some reason TMLW is being really picky about eligibility! So he's not allowed in...

Oh come on, there's people getting in up to 5 or 6 drivers and I can't get two?????
the Masked Lapwing

Well, you never did enter Dagnall for the main event anyway, you only accepted a challenge from Melrose.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Oh, the fact that I didn't say it in a explicit way means you couldn't use your brain and include him??? :shock:
the Masked Lapwing

Aerond wrote:Oh, the fact that I didn't say it in a explicit way means you couldn't use your brain and include him??? :shock:

It wasn't even remotely clear that you wanted him in there!

Aerond wrote:...and Chris Dagnall accepts the challenge!

That does not even mention the main event, and I figured if you wanted Dagnall to race you'd've mentioned him when you entered Scott!

And Phoenix, you seemed to have missed the bit where I said McAllister and Fagioli weren't able to compete.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Aerond wrote:Oh, the fact that I didn't say it in a explicit way means you couldn't use your brain and include him??? :shock:

It wasn't even remotely clear that you wanted him in there!

Aerond wrote:...and Chris Dagnall accepts the challenge!

That does not even mention the main event, and I figured if you wanted Dagnall to race you'd've mentioned him when you entered Scott!

Yeah, sorry Aerond, but I don't see how Lappy could've extrapolated that you wanted to enter Dagnall for the main event, especially given that there are plenty of challenge-only drivers. Besides, it was stated in the first post that it was only open to people who raced in RWRS/RDS in 2015, which Dagnall hasn't.
Everything's great.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

George MacDrage wrote:This is f***ing brilliant yeah! Look at all the losers and tossers in my group! A load of imbeciles and sassenachs who had to go through the RDS, obviously because they were so crap they couldn't even impress in karts! James Davis? Who the f*** is he? Oh yeah, I remember, that idiot whose car would always break down in that silly F1-lite series from like 20 years ago, yet he always though he was the best! Ha, the world has moved on, my friend. You are looking at the best, you are listening to the best. You never were the best.

And with that, let World War Three commence. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

George MacDrage wrote:This is f***ing brilliant yeah! Look at all the losers and tossers in my group! A load of imbeciles and sassenachs who had to go through the RDS, obviously because they were so crap they couldn't even impress in karts! James Davis? Who the f*** is he? Oh yeah, I remember, that idiot whose car would always break down in that silly F1-lite series from like 20 years ago, yet he always though he was the best! Ha, the world has moved on, my friend. You are looking at the best, you are listening to the best. You never were the best.

F1RGP2C James Davies wrote:That's a good question, my delusional Scottish friend. Who the bloody hell is James Davis? I've never heard of anyone go by that name anywhere ever. Do you maybe mean my loser of a namesake? The guy who probably could've won the 2012 F1RWRS if he didn't decide he wanted out-Moreno Moreno and successfully lose a championship to Pippa Mann? ...maybe not, I don't think that guy was active 20 years ago. You couldn't possibly mean me, I mean, I'm only here because Zimmer decided he wanted everyone to know exactly how big a loser he is. The rest of this rodeo is just entertainment for me.

So, let's get a few things straight: One, you haven't even made it past F3RWRS. Maybe make sure you actually make it to the top before you start proclaiming you're the best. Second, you might wanna go back to school and figure out those letters, and possibly how to discern two people who have the same name from each other, and how to spell things correctly. Third, when I take Zimmer to the cleaners, you'd better be taking notes. That's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity there, kid, don't let it pass you by. Now, you get all 3 of those things down, maybe I'll start considering you a driver and not a total loser. You got it? Great. I'm done wasting my time with you. Now be a good little clown, go out there, and make that loser parade something hilarious.

F1RWRS James Davies wrote:Yeah, I'm not even going to go anywhere near that.

F1RGP2C James Davies wrote:Good! We don't need your loser ass breaking transmissions!
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Luke Knight wrote:And you think you are the best? Huh? Let's see what you got, Jock - I bet a tenner that you've got less talent than Channoch Nissany.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Luke Knight wrote:And you think you are the best? Huh? Let's see what you got, Jock - I bet a tenner that you've got less talent than Channoch Nissany.

F1RGP2C James Davies wrote:Ha! I like the way you think! Twenty says he'll never make a start in F1RWRS.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1RGP2C James Davies wrote:Ha! I like the way you think! Twenty says he'll never make a start in F1RWRS.

Luke Knight wrote:Forty says he'll be a bigger failure than Benoit Voeckler
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

So have I left it too late to enter Barii Mori? As I am sure Sammy Jones and Rhys Davies would want a piece of the action. As well as Yuka and Shinobu Katayama and Saeed Al Faisal. Rosco Vantini thinks Lawnmower racing is girly and will be on his yacht entertaining women.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
the Masked Lapwing

SuperAguri wrote:So have I left it too late to enter Barii Mori? As I am sure Sammy Jones and Rhys Davies would want a piece of the action. As well as Yuka and Shinobu Katayama and Saeed Al Faisal. Rosco Vantini thinks Lawnmower racing is girly and will be on his yacht entertaining women.

It's too late for the main event, but there's plenty of time to challenge other drivers (which Davies would be all too happy to accept :twisted: ). I'll probably leave challenges open until well after I finish the main event.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

F1RWRS James Davies would probably also accept a challenge from Shinobu Katayama.
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

WHO IS READY FOR LAWNMOWER ACTION?!

If you are, the results of Heat #1 are now up here!
Heat 2 is now up as well.
And now Heat 3!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
the Masked Lapwing

All four heats are now complete, which means the finals will soon begin. I'll do them in the chat tomorrow morning (Australian time), for those who wish to see who will become the first RWRS Lawnmower champion. It already seems that while some drivers are usually crap, they are more than handy on a lawnmower :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:All four heats are now complete, which means the finals will soon begin. I'll do them in the chat tomorrow morning (Australian time), for those who wish to see who will become the first RWRS Lawnmower champion. It already seems that while some drivers are usually crap, they are more than handy on a lawnmower :lol:

coughJulesVerngecough

What time in the morning?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

All of my drivers are out already? After our cars were sabotaged and made stone dead last in NC Indy in a race run by the same organisation as the Lawnmower race?

There is a conspiracy against Alitalia :evil:

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

eurobrun wrote:What time in the morning?

Whenever I wake up. Could be any time from 6 to 10 :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Stramala wrote:All of my drivers are out already? After our cars were sabotaged and made stone dead last in NC Indy in a race run by the same organisation as the Lawnmower race?

There is no conspiracy. Your guys are just shite. They got beaten by JDD of all people in France as well :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:
Stramala wrote:All of my drivers are out already? After our cars were sabotaged and made stone dead last in NC Indy in a race run by the same organisation as the Lawnmower race?

There is no conspiracy. Your guys are just shite. They got beaten by JDD of all people in France as well :lol:

If it was just because we were shite, we'd still have been faster than Mecha. Which was not the case. :evil:

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I assume Juventus is at fault :P
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:I assume Juventus is at fault :P

Top investigative work there eurobrun. Of course. They sent one of their agents to Australia (Alessandro Del Piero) to do the dirty work for them, infiltrating the ZimSport organisation and corrupting them, to make Alitalia look bad. The b*****ds.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I assume Juventus is at fault :P

Top investigative work there eurobrun. Of course. They sent one of their agents to Australia (Alessandro Del Piero) to do the dirty work for them, infiltrating the ZimSport organisation and corrupting them, to make Alitalia look bad. The b*****ds.

And since the Zimmers absolutely despise football and wouldn't recognise Del Piero if he slapped them in the face, they would have been none the wiser. It all makes sense now! :o
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Great, Thiago Mazzacane made it into the finals.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jordan Davies is the top seed. This is fantastic. :D
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Mustafa Kurniawan wrote:Lawnmowers are piece of cake for me. Just like when I playing those arcade machines and karts. Ahaha! :D

Hendra Naufal wrote:Gah, idiotic machine I never ever drove. Are Mecha Young Eagles* favoring Kurniawan now? :evil:

Anderson, Tojo, and Mackintosh declined to comment. :|

*Mecha Grand Prix's driver development program.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones Livid With "Tampered" Lawnmowers

Sammy Jones was furious in the wake of the RWRS Lawnmower heats as he saw all four of his drivers, including himself, fail to progress to the knockout stages of the competition.

"Some w***er has tampered with these lawnmowers" fumed Jones, "we would have smashed all these whiny little shits into the earth if we'd been able to operate with competitive and equal machinery."

Visibly angered, Jones was approached by members of his own team in an attempt to calm him down, before Phoenix McAllister reportedly yelled, "it's only a f***ing lawnmower race" to which Jones shouted "you'll be mowing my f***ing lawn as part of your community service when I take you down for attempted murder! Those f***ing lawnmowers nearly killed all four of us you tw*t!"

Autosport wisely decided to curtail their interview with Jones following the exchange.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

AndreaModa wrote:
Autosport wrote:Jones Livid With "Tampered" Lawnmowers

Sammy Jones was furious in the wake of the RWRS Lawnmower heats as he saw all four of his drivers, including himself, fail to progress to the knockout stages of the competition.

"Some w***er has tampered with these lawnmowers" fumed Jones, "we would have smashed all these whiny little shits into the earth if we'd been able to operate with competitive and equal machinery."

Visibly angered, Jones was approached by members of his own team in an attempt to calm him down, before Phoenix McAllister reportedly yelled, "it's only a f***ing lawnmower race" to which Jones shouted "you'll be mowing my f***ing lawn as part of your community service when I take you down for attempted murder! Those f***ing lawnmowers nearly killed all four of us you tw*t!"

Autosport wisely decided to curtail their interview with Jones following the exchange.

Mahmud Effendi wrote:Calm down buddy, the IBR pilots are out too. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Thomas Butler wrote:Well, that was most disappointing. My dignity must be tarnished through this endeavour. Never again I say.

George MacDrage wrote:Posh sassanach twat, yeah. That Davies clan sabotaged my hopes, probably because I outed the elder one as a useless fraud. Aha.

Damon Cannon wrote:What the shite are you even on about?! That was a pathetic effort from someone who's head is jammed so far up his black hole he doesn't realise that black hole represents the amount of talent he has - shite all! James Davies was a fantastic, if controversial driver in his day. If anything MacDrage, you're the fraud, for being a horrible imitation of Davies with none of the talent.

I feel for those in the F3 series, I really do.

F1RGP2C Damon Cannon, watching from the stands wrote:I wish Davies had just rammed MacDrage off the road.

Laura Wener wrote:Note to self, beat this self-effacing imbecile next season.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:Damnation

F1RGP2C Poppy Whitechapel wrote:My namesake driver isn't as good as me. Terrible show. I should make her go and drive the 1996 Tyrrell.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

MVDM won a race from pole?!?!? :shock: :o
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Quite a piece of Belgian dominance in Heat 2! This is of course not surprising, as Belgium is one big suburbia, with many people having their own lawns, so lots of practice opportunity.
Ron Mignolet wrote:Indeed, you should also check my barbeque skills, big garden party tonight! Dress code: garden gnomes!

Wouter Lamberigts wrote:Oh gnomeo, where art thou?

Gia van Dycke wrote:i'm used to being naked when i mow my lawn, this 'safety clothing rules' are stupid!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Gia van Dycke wrote:i'm used to being naked when i mow my lawn, this 'safety clothing rules' are stupid!

Jules Vergne wrote:Iz zat 'ow your operation came to be? Put zome clothing on, Monsieur Garrison!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...