090410 Malaysian GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

090410 Malaysian GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Well, we've just posted our Malaysian GP edition. Not a massively long podcast - more of a "half points" podcast this time around.

We cover the latest Lewis/McLaren controversy, discuss the Malaysian rain, and generally crap on as per usual. Hopefully the April 14th Court of Appeal won't make it too dated too quickly, but will undoubtedly give us something to chat about in a future Chinese edition...

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jamie
Mista_Nice

Re: 090410 Malaysian GP Edition

Post by Mista_Nice »

What the heck... you raised the bitrate to an insane 48kbps??? Oh, and the sampling frequency went up as well!
That's not at all within your crappy standards ^^
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Very funny guys, loved the violins. :lol:
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
donald29

Post by donald29 »

In response to your question about why cars had KERs energy at the start.

Teams are allowed to charge up KERs before the race in the garage ;)
Mista_Nice

Post by Mista_Nice »

Then what's Williams gonna do with their flywheel KERS? Crank it up by hand?!?
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you for the Malaysian edition. Just as always, it's been a pleasure.
I remember an interview with Rosberg after the race in which he said that he, just like everybody was always on the wrong tires during the rain. So it was not just Mark Webber (and no, I'm not from the Webber fanclub), who I think drove a brilliant race in Sepang, but everybody except Glock and Heidfeld. Even the winner Button went onto Monsoon tyres first, then on Inters and then back to the Heavywets.

Oh, and the Czech name Vaclav is pronounced something like Vatslaf.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Mista_Nice wrote:What the heck... you raised the bitrate to an insane 48kbps??? Oh, and the sampling frequency went up as well!
That's not at all within your crappy standards ^^

Alas, possibly a one-time thing only - our bandwidth (hello no advertising) means keeping the file size (and hence bitrate) low low low is a must. But the rain just sounded like background noise at our usual settings, and it was a short one this week, so...!
Oh, and the Czech name Vaclav is pronounced something like Vatslaf.

Yes, we're aware that it has a proper Czech pronunciation - and although while we generally like to pronounce names correctly (or as correctly as possible), nothing beats a good VAC-LAV.

Oh, and thanks donald29. I'm not sure I like that.
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

Guys I enjoyed this podcast especially when you'll told that Max had spoken to Lewis. That part was really funny...........
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
razta

Post by razta »

:lol: :lol: Love the whole "Doing -a-Lewis" thing brilliant one guys
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Yes, we're aware that it has a proper Czech pronunciation - and although while we generally like to pronounce names correctly (or as correctly as possible), nothing beats a good VAC-LAV. {Kuwashima - 3 comments ago}

Ah, so it's like Kubica, who prefers the pronounciation to be Ku-bit-za because it sounds faster, even though it is not, strictly speaking, the correct one? I think you've made a good call on this one :D

When my computer decides it wants to talk to the internet again (I've borrowed someone else's to post this), I'll download and listen to the podcast.
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Mista_Nice wrote:Then what's Williams gonna do with their flywheel KERS? Crank it up by hand?!?

I'd hate to have that job!

I would imagine they would be able to charge it on the lap to the grid and the wamup lap. May not get enough power from that however as I doubt they do much heavy breaking in that time.
I wonder when we are going to see the flywheel KERS system in action, surely if Williams have pulled an ace here they would have been using it ASAP, maybe this system isn't all its cracked up to be.
Keirdre

Post by Keirdre »

Gentleman - enjoyable podcast as ever. However, I must correct your usage of "KERS system", for the benefit of those anal listeners who might actually be genuinely annoyed. You have slipped into the trap of calling it the Kinetic Energy Recovery System System, it should be simply KERS (sans system).
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Keirdre wrote:Gentleman - enjoyable podcast as ever. However, I must correct your usage of "KERS system", for the benefit of those anal listeners who might actually be genuinely annoyed. You have slipped into the trap of calling it the Kinetic Energy Recovery System System, it should be simply KERS (sans system).

We also like talking about personal identification number numbers, and automatic teller machine machines. :oops:

Place your bets on whether we'll still refer to it as a "KERS system" in forthcoming podcasts! I dare say we will, given that we tend to open mouths before engaging brain ...