Rest In Peace: Colin Davis

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
tommykl

Rest In Peace: Colin Davis

Post by tommykl »

A couple of weeks ago, one of Formula One's old guard passed away.

Colin Charles Houghton Davis was born on July 29th 1933 in London. Son of Le Mans winner Sammy Davis, he started racing early on, competing in British Formula 3 before moving to Italy to race in sportscars, becoming on O.S.C.A. works driver, being entered for the 1958 Argentine Grand Prix, although the car could not be prepared in time. In 1959, he made his definitive Formula 1 début for Mimmo Dei's Scuderia Centro Sud, competing in France and Italy. Qualifying in the lower midfield in both races, he finished eleventh in Italy, his best finish. After this, he returned to Formula Junior, scoring a handful of wins in France, as well as a non-championship F1 victory at Messina.

His career took off from 1960 onwards, when he signed to drive for Scuderia Serenissima in sportscars. While sporadically competing in a handful of non-championship F1 races (which he did from 1957 to 1965), he experienced considerable success in sportscars, scoring third in the Paris 1000km before moving to the works Porsche team. In his first race for the team, the 1964 Targa Florio, he led the team to victory, what would remain his greatest success. He later finished second in the same race in 1965, then third at Le Mand in 1966, before retiring from motorsport in 1967 at the age of 34, emigrating to South Africa.

Colin Davis died on December 19th 2012 in Oranjezicht after battling a long illness. He was 79 years old.

RIP: Colin Charles Houghton Davis (29/07/1933 - 19/12/2012)

kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: Rest In Peace: Colin Davis

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Rest in peace
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

RIP Mr. Davis
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

The post is legitimate but the signature is certainly not. Hmm :?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

RIP :(
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

RIP :cry:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

QDEP Mr. Davis
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Renaldo09

Post by Renaldo09 »

hi tommykl!
nice information............thanks for sharing.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Renaldo09 wrote:hi tommykl!

Bloody hell, this spammer is so rejectful he hasn't even got anything to sell to us. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:
Renaldo09 wrote:hi tommykl!

Bloody hell, this spammer is so rejectful he hasn't even got anything to sell to us. :lol:

And he's not the only one today to have registered, dug up a thread from earlier this year, posted once and have his user name as his signature. I offer you brand44 too, thanking minrdi for his reject interview!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA