Warped Touring Car Series (IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Vepe

Re: Warped Touring Car Series (Sunset Peninsula race up)

Post by Vepe »

Harri Korte, and his mechanics, partying on the empty streets of some unrecognisable town wrote:MAHTAVAA! HYVÄ ME! HYVÄ SUOMI!!! TORILLA TAVATAAN!!! Den glider in! Den glider in! Den glider in i mål igen! Vi ska kämpa, vi ska ge allt det vi harVi ska ta gul igen!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Vepe wrote:
Harri Korte, and his mechanics, partying on the empty streets of some unrecognisable town wrote:MAHTAVAA! HYVÄ ME! HYVÄ SUOMI!!! TORILLA TAVATAAN!!! Den glider in! Den glider in! Den glider in i mål igen! Vi ska kämpa, vi ska ge allt det vi harVi ska ta gul igen!

Meanwhile, this makes me laugh at Finland!
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Yrjö Perkelainen wrote:PERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELE!

And somewhere in the distance, the sound of a vodka bottle being smashed against a wall was accompanied by the equally destructive sound of a teacup being dropped.

FMecha wrote:ORGANIZER NOTES
An staff from the organizer is being sent to the hospital after drinking Fernando's Black Leaf tea. We don't know why. More importantly, the next race will be limited to 22 starters due to the nature of the course.

Tony Fernando wrote:WHO IS POISONING MY TEA? To the evil saboteurs out there, you realise this means war! With the power of Sri Lankan tea we will prevail!

Kim Lang-Dong wrote: I will blow you and your sh**ty tea business up with my Nuclear Warhead.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

roblomas52 wrote:
Kim Lang-Dong wrote: I will blow you and your sh**ty tea business up with my Nuclear Warhead.

And the award for the most unfunny joke I have ever had the misfortune to ever read on these forums goes to roblomas! Woo! Let's have a party in celebration!

Actually, let's not, because if you actually THOUGHT about that for a while you'd have realised its about as funny as jumping into a pit full of wasps covered in jam.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Tony Fernando wrote:WHO IS POISONING MY TEA? To the evil saboteurs out there, you realise this means war! With the power of Sri Lankan tea we will prevail!

In a letter to Lang-Dong, the WTCS organizers wrote:We wish you to cease and desist from making comments like that again. You already made two comments referring to harm using nuclear weapons. Any further comments like that will result in a one warning strike, and any further comments after the strike is issued will lead to instant warning strike that could lead to grid penalties and multiple race bans.

tl;dr/OOC: Knock it off, roblomas52. Stop making comments like that or I will give warning strike to Lang-Dong.

In a memo to Tony Fernando, the ill organizer guy (William) wrote:Dear Tony Fernando,

Go witch hunt on who poisioning your tea. Although I heard rumors your tea contains some mind-altering stuff.

~William

pasta_maldonado wrote:Actually, let's not, because if you actually THOUGHT about that for a while you'd have realised its about as funny as jumping into a pit full of wasps covered in jam.

Might consider that too about myself - see my own Badly Written Characters With Serious Consenquences So Bad That Their Names Can No Longer Be Mentioned (one is a psychotic Brit, the other is a witch). :|

(I am going away for the following few days, by the way)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

A statement from Tony Fernando

Actually, there is no statement as such. It merely consists of him laughing very loudly. Threats of nuclear strikes from North Korea are about as credible as reports of France banning the production of wine... or Saudi Arabia allowing it.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:Meanwhile, this makes me laugh at Finland!

Why is that?
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Vepe wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:Meanwhile, this makes me laugh at Finland!

Why is that?

It's dancing in the streets with a lot of shouting in Finnish. It's just not what I'd expect from Finns given how many have been in F1.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

With liberal application of this:

"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

At VRT, we're worried about the brake failure in Nico's crash. Is our responsibility to ensure the well being of our driver, so he can push himself to the limit. We can only hope that his only injured is his pride...
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

SeedStriker wrote:At VRT, we're worried about the brake failure in Nico's crash. Is our responsibility to ensure the well being of our driver, so he can push himself to the limit. We can only hope that his only injured is his pride...

Indeed, as it doesn't spell good things for the other Holden Commodores with Onyx given that it could become a plague of Holden brake failures.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I've done the scorination for the qualifying and whoops, seems I forget about the medical investigations for Vasquez and Bata. :oops: Here's it. Remember the numbers:

0-65: No or very mild injury, or one that recovers in time before next race, no races missed, no need for replacement (others require one)
66-75: Small injury, will miss one race
76-85: Medium injury, will miss two, three or four races (decided by RNG)
85-90: Big injury, will miss more than five races (decided by RNG)
91-100: Career-ending or fatal accident (take your pick)

Nicolas Vasquez:

According to the doctors, Vasquez "almost broke his right leg" and the doctors have not cleared him to partake in the next race.

Nasib Najib Bata:

Bata's leg injury was initially minor, but later worsened and he have to undergo surgery. As a result, he is not cleared to partake in tomorrow's race.

SeedStriker and FloProAct, please submit your replacements before July 13th or I will put either Tommy Watson and/or Yusuf Suprapto (new Indonesian driver) in the seats. :) (Given nobody have heard anything from FloProAct, I might put one of those drivers on my own)
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

With Nico's injury, joung colombian Alfredo Benitez will run in the next race.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

SeedStriker wrote:With Nico's injury, joung colombian Alfredo Benitez will run in the next race.

Whew, that was fast... noted. :)
FMecha

Re: Warped Touring Car Series (Camino Viejo quali up)

Post by FMecha »

Right, I've enough with FloProAct's serious inactivity and I decided to put Tommy Watson in place of now-injured Bata. Furthermore, I will kick his team out after Helter Skelter/Hurricane Skyway if he kept away. :x Anyways...

RACE 9: CAMINO VIEJO DE MONTSERRAT - EXTREME COURSE
QUALIFYING

The longest and the second-most technical circuit in the calendar (the golden award for that is given to Complex String), the qualifying itself is another shocker, as always. Let's see the results.

Code: Select all

Pos # Driver (team-manufacturer)                 Best lap
==========================================================
 1 #3 Jan van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)          2:40.160 - POLE POSITION
 2 #37 Emanuele Nicchi (Nicchi-Alfa)             2:40.308
 3 #16 Nermanja Blagojevic (Onyx-Holden)         2:40.316
 4 #28 Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Martini-Alfa)   2:40.358
 5 #41 Amanda Lewis (Omega-Opel)                 2:40.393
 6 #23 James Roberts (Aurico-Nissan)             2:40.417
 7 #22 Anthony North (BMW Dealer-BMW)            2:40.425
 8 #2 Jorg Scrattenheim (BMW Dealer-BMW)         2:40.461
 9 #27 Alessandro Lucarelli (Martini-Alfa)       2:40.470
10 #88 Chiko Suzuki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)    2:40.471
11 #777 Alferdo Benitez [R] (Vasquez-Holden)     2:40.707

12 #11 Tarmo Mook (Clatterham-Mercedes)          2:40.757
13 #17 Ben Irwin (Onyx-Holden)                   2:40.889
14 #73 Tommy Watson [R] (Saudi-BMW)              2:40.919
15 #99 Hafidis Faera (Tassie-Ford)               2:40.957
16 #8 Mudar Zakariyya Shamoun (Saudi-BMW)        2:40.993
17 #77 Johnny Boudermann (Davies-Nissan)         2:41.041
18 #10 Yrjo Perkelainen (Clatterham-Mercedes)    2:41.107
19 #14 Harri Korte (Finlux-Ford)                 2:41.202
20 #78 Arthur Daniels (Davies-Subaru)            2:41.341
21 #5 Daniel Cake (Gregg-Mercedes)               2:41.344
22 #42 Robert Jackson (Omega-Opel)               2:41.740

FAILED TO QUALIFY
23 #89 Satoshi Taki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)    2:41.890
24 #55 Jay Becker (RRR-Subaru)                   2:41.957
25 #46 Luis Pereira (Vestore/Restov-Ford)        2:41.960
26 #24 Orestes Granicus (TNS FC-Alfa)            2:42.191
27 #0 Martin van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)       2:42.490
28 #31 Kim Lang-Dong (Gangnam Publocrap-Opel)    2:42.645
29 #68 Jamarian Woods (Maarsbergen-Mercedes)     2:42.806
30 #13 Mario Wankucini (Gangnam Publocrap-Opel)  2:43.994

Jan van der Maeyede claims pole position while his teammate Martin fails to qualify after shunt in the Jinx section of the course. Nicchi managed to score a time which allowed him to start second. Debutant Alberto Benitez, the replacement for the injured Vasquez, will start 11th, while Tommy Watson, which was selected by the organizers to drive the #73 Saudi Racing car after the team failed to nominate a replacement for the injured Nasib Najib Bata in time, will start a WTCS race for the first time, starting in the 14th position. Previous race winner Harri Korte will start 19th. As Chiko Suzuki rolled up the top 10 for qualifying, her teammate Satoshi Taki DNQed, giving him the ROTQ for dead-beatness.

:)
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Wow! I didn't expect Benitez to qualify in the first third of the grid in his first race. I knew he was good, but this put Nico to shame. Let's hope he can be up to the task during the race. Once again, we're in the middle of the Holdens, with hunger for points.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Again, Jamarian?
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
FMecha

Re: Warped Touring Car Series (Camino Viejo race up)

Post by FMecha »

And here we go. :)

RACE 9: CAMINO VIEJO DE MONTSERRAT - EXTREME COURSE
THE RACE

52 laps, sunny. [R] indicates replacement driver.

Pos # Driver (team-manufacturer)                 Total Time/Retire
=======================================================================
 1 #2 Jorg Scrattenheim (BMW Dealer-BMW)          2:24:17.278 - 10 points
 2 #23 James Roberts (Aurico-Nissan)              2:24:55.552 - 8 points
 3 #11 Tarmo Mook (Clatterham-Mercedes)           2:24:55.685 - 6 points
 4 #77 Johnny Boudermann (Davies-Nissan)          2:25:05.150 - 5 points
 5 #99 Hafidis Faera (Tassie-Ford)                2:25:14.425 - 4 points
 6 #10 Yrjo Perkelainen (Clatterham-Mercedes)     2:25:16.896 - 3 points
 7 #88 Chiko Suzuki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)     2:25:17.338 - 2 points
 8 #78 Arthur Daniels (Davies-Subaru)             2:25:19.460 - 1 point
 9 #28 Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Martini-Alfa)    2:25:28.825
10 #16 Nermanja Blagojevic (Onyx-Holden)          2:25:39.032
11 #73 Tommy Watson [R] (Saudi-BMW)               2:25:40.223
12 #3 Jan van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)           2:25:44.932

13 #5 Daniel Cake (Gregg-Mercedes)                2:25:46.531
14 #37 Emanuele Nicchi (Nicchi-Alfa)              2:25:57.301
15 #41 Amanda Lewis (Omega-Opel)                  2:26:02.292
16 #42 Robert Jackson (Omega-Opel)                2:26:06.427
17 #8 Mudar Zakariyya Shamoun (Saudi-BMW)         2:26:15.439
NF #17 Ben Irwin (Onyx-Holden)                     Collision/contact (47)
NF #27 Alessandro Lucarelli (Martini-Alfa)         Collision/contact (47)
NF #14 Harri Korte (Finlux-Ford)                   Out of fuel (36)
NF #777 Alferdo Benitez [R] (Vasquez-Holden)       Body damage (35)
NF #22 Anthony North (BMW Dealer-BMW)              Clutch (18)

Back to positives and negatives again. (Of note the race was started in a rolling start)

Positives:

Hafidis Faera - Her team put into a three-stop and medium tires while most other racers opted for five-stops and hard tires (thanks to the race going for two hours and 30 minutes, a bit longer than usual). Sure, the fuel load may have put some weight problems, but she have a clever drive amongst the chaos. She helped Ford getting the luck they deserved in the manufacturer's standing. IIDOTR for her.

Jorg Scrattenheim - He had a good start and took advantage of Lewis failing and his teammate, North's clutch failure. He had some heated battle with Voeckler which he won. The problem was that he was walking over the race since lap 43, with James Page warning TV audiences of snoozefest. (It was subverted)

Clatterham - This track is Mook's track, indeed. Being a technical circuit driver he mastered the track and could even have finished second were it not for him going wide at the exit of the Ascent at lap 49. Meanwhile, Perkelainen fought immediately from the 18th position and was able to score another points!

Twinnings Davies - Well, it was a win (although only one car made it to the points zone) and now both cars score points! It's raining points for them! Daniels and Boudermann drove impressively today, indeed.

Negatives:

Nicchi - Same bad luck, as always. He had started second but dropped to fifth at lap 12 and his team thought using soft tires will work in a long distance race in a technical course. It didn't. His tires almost burst at lap 29 - luckily, it didn't.

Alferdo Benitez - High expectations after qualifying yet he kept slamming the car to the wall at those "big deal" corners such as Lagos and the Ascent. Because of this, his bumpers fell apart spectacularly at lap 35 and he pitted in hoping for repair, only to retire after VRT crews ruled the car was beyond race condition, requiring a large repair.

Ben Irwin - On lap 47, Lucarelli was running 7th and Irwin was running 8th. As Irwin tried to overtake Lucarelli in the Jinx corner, Irwin hit Lucarelli's left side of his car. Both drivers were knocked out of the race. Read again "Overtaking for Dummies" Irwin!

Jan van der Mayede - Completely anonymous.

Amanda Lewis - She may have another good start, but this is very unexcueseable. Whilist running 7th in 15th lap, she spun out badly at the Long Left turn and took out Mr. Shamoun. Then her team used team orders to allow the slower Jackson, which gained advantage from the clash, to let Lewis pass, hoping for a recovery. That did not work. And she seems to spun out repeatedly so bad we have to give her ROTR for today!

I'll work on standings later. :)
Last edited by FMecha on 16 Jul 2013, 07:24, edited 2 times in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

... this only the 2nd and 3rd time my team has scored points, why don't we get a mention in the positives?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Tony Fernando wrote:YES! YES YES YES YES YES! PODIUM! IN THAT KNACKERED OLD SHED! TEA POWER!
*runs around like a lunatic, or like Eddie Jordan at Spa in 1998, which amounts to the same thing*

Tarmo Mõõk wrote:JAH! JAH! JAH! *incomprehensible jibbering in Estonian over the pit radio*

Tony Fernando wrote:I mean, it could have been more, but I'll take this any day. Another trophy for the cabinet! And a great recovery drive, Yrjö. If we can just sort out the qualifying...

Yrjö Perkelaninen wrote:Yes. Kippis Tarmo.

Jason van Drunen wrote:*unrepeatable on any forum not riddled with 6X-rated adverts and vicious malware links*
Last edited by dinizintheoven on 16 Jul 2013, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Why in the name of all that's divine Benitez aim perfectly to the wall all the time around?! This isn't NASCAR, man! There's no SAFER barriers, here! Welp, another repair bill.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Overtaking for Dummies? I think I'll be giving that to Ben for his birthday!
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

I think we will be going with a two car operation in the near future.
Officially Retired
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Salamander wrote:... this only the 2nd and 3rd time my team has scored points, why don't we get a mention in the positives?

:oops: Added it. And Jan vd Maeyede to the negatives list, too.

SEASON STANDINGS
As of Round 9, Camino Viejo de Montserrat

Drivers'

Rk Driver name          Points
==============================
1  Jorg Scrattenheim    41
2  M. van der Maeyede   36
3  James Roberts        35
4  Robert Jackson       23
5  Nermanja Blagojevic  20
6  Yrjo Perkelainen     19
7  F. M. Voeckler       18
8  Alessandro Lucarelli 16
9  Anthony North        15
10 Chiko Suzuki      14
11 Ben Irwin            13
12 Harri Korte          13
13 Satoshi Taki         12
14 Emanuele Nicchi      11
15 Arthur Daniels      11
16 Mudar Z. Shamoun   8
17 Amanda Lewis      8
18 Tarmo Mook      6
19 J. van der Maeyede   7
20 Jamarian Woods      6
21 Hafidis Faera      6
22 Johnny Boudermann   5
23 Orestes Granicus     2
24 Nicolas Vasquez      2
25 Nasib Najib Bata     2
26 Luis Pereira         2
27 Daniel Cake          2
28 Jay Becker           1
29 Mario Wankucini   1

Teams'

Rk Team name            Points
1  BMW Dealer Team      50
2  Fosters Good Call    43
3  Aurico Autosport     35
4  IBR Martini Racing   34
5  Onyx Holden Racing   33
6  Omega Motorsport     31
7  Clatterham Racing    25
8  Nippon Racecraft     24
9  T.E.G. Davies      16
10 Finlux Racing        13
11 Nicchi Motori        11
12 Saudi Racing         10
13 N. E. Maarsbergen   6
14 Tassie Racing      6
15 TNS FC               3
16 Vasquez Racing Team  2
17 Vestore R.T./Restov  2
18 Gregg Racing         2
19 Really Rejectful     1
20 Gangnam Publocrap   1

Manufacturers'

Rk Manufacturer         Points
1  Nissan               81
2  BMW                  63
3  Alfa Romeo           48
4  Subaru               38
5  Holden (GM AU)       35
6  Opel (GM DE)         33
7  Mercedes-Benz        31
8  Ford                 21

STEWARD NOTES

• Bata and Vasquez has been recovered from their injuries, and has been cleared to participate in the next round.
  • Amanda Lewis (has one reprimand) and Ben Irwin is under investigation.
  • Remember, if your drivers got banned for the next round, you can always file an appeal.

ORGANIZER NOTES

• As FloProAct is no longer responding to anything in the forums, his team will be kicked out after next race. The slots and the new cars will be available ONLY to NEW TEAMS. Existing one-car teams cannot expand to two cars, and existing teams may not change cars.
  • The next race will be run with the break rule instead of pit-stop, because it is a sprint race.
  • The organizers is considering doing an Apertura award, and possibly Clausura too. Winners of these minor championships will be crowned the Warped Apertura Champions' (WAC) and Warped Clausura Champions' (WCC). Apertura will be counted from the first quarter (races 1-5, done retroactively) and the Clausura will be counted from the last quarter (races 16-20).

:)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

So yes, I immediately did the Apertura thing. Here's the review.

----------------

Grand Valley: Because this is a new series, those finishing in top 16 here will (would?) take part in the Apertura, instead of using last year's results (because we have nothing!).

The following drivers qualify:

1. Blagojevic
2. Jackson
3. M. vd Maeyede
4. J. vd Maeyede
5. Scrattenheim
6. North
7. Vasquez
8. Becker
9. Pereira
10. Boundermann
11. Suzuki
12. Irwin
13. Granicus
14. Taki
15. Voeckler
16. Lucarelli

Line up for the first heat at South City are (were?):

(1) Blagojevic vs (16) Lucarelli
(2) Jackson vs (15) Voeckler
(3) M. vd Maeyede vs (14) Taki
(4) J. vd Maeyede vs (13) Granicus
(5) Scrattenheim vs (12) Irwin
(6) North vs (11) Suzuki
(7) Vasquez vs (10) Boudermann
(8) Becker vs (9) Pereira

----------------

South City: The first heat, with only 20 actual cars on track. The results:

(1) Blagojevic (6th) vs (16) Lucarelli (14th)
(2) Jackson (DNQ) vs (15) Voeckler (4th)
(3) M. vd Maeyede (1st) vs (14) Taki (10th)
(4) J. vd Maeyede (8th) vs (13) Granicus (7th)
(5) Scrattenheim (2nd) vs (12) Irwin (DNQ)
(6) North (12th) vs (11) Suzuki (9th)
(7) Vasquez (DNQ) vs (10) Boudermann (DNQ) (Boudermann advances by virtue of higher position number, 29th against Vasquez's 30th)
(8) Becker (15th) vs (9) Pereira (Ret)

The seedings for the next round are (were?):

(1) Blagojevic vs (15) Voeckler
(3) M. vd Maeyede vs (13) Granicus
(5) Scrattenheim vs (11) Suzuki
(10) Boudermann vs (8) Becker

-----

Joypolis 2020: The second heat, the quarter finals. 22 cars on track. The results:

(1) Blagojevic (6th) vs (15) Voeckler (3rd)
(3) M. vd Maeyede (1st) vs (13) Granicus (Ret)
(5) Scrattenheim (4th) vs (11) Suzuki (11th)
(10) Boudermann (DNQ) vs (8) Becker (DNQ) (Boudermann advances again by virtue of higher position number, 23rd against Becker's 26th)

The seedings for the semi finals are (were?):

(15) Voeckler vs (3) M. vd Maeyede
(5) Scrattenheim vs (10) Boudermann

----------------

Deep Forest: Beyond the chaos that is rain, the results are (were? Do we need to say this again?):

(15) Voeckler (11th) vs (3) M. vd Maeyede (17th)
(5) Scrattenheim (18th) vs (10) Boudermann (Ret)

Voeckler and Scrattenheim will (would?) face each other in Seaside Route 765, to declare who will claim the (first ever) Warped Apertura Champions' title. The result is... *drum roll*

(15) Voeckler (7th) vs (5) Scrattenheim (DNQ)

FREDERIC-MAXIME VOECKLER IS THE WARPED TOURING CAR SERIES' FIRST APERTURA CHAMPION!
Congratulations, Mr Voeckler! :D
dinizintheoven

Re: Warped Touring Car Series (Camino Viejo race/apertura up

Post by dinizintheoven »

Mecha: just a reminder here, that despite a superb performance by Tarmo Mõõk at Camino Viejo that bagged Clatterham's second trophy (somehow, I'd forgotten about Yrjö Perkelainen's second place at Joyous Joyopolis - then again, so did he after all that celebratory vodka), Jason van Drunen will be back in the #11 car for the next two races, with a chance to redeem himself from those limp performances (and a bit of bad luck) earlier in the season. Also, I've had to make a few edits to the wiki page, as it showed the #11 car not taking part in rounds 8 or 15...

As for the Apertura: no idea why you've decided to run it like this, as if you look at how ADx_Wales' original Apertura championships were calculated, the seedings were drawn from the qualifying positions for the first race, and then held over the race results of first four rounds. How you're doing it is going to run into problems if the Clausura is to be held over five rounds - that'll need 32 entrants, unless the results of race 16 decide the seedings instead of championship positions...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dinizintheoven wrote:Mecha: just a reminder here, that despite a superb performance by Tarmo Mõõk at Camino Viejo that bagged Clatterham's second trophy (somehow, I'd forgotten about Yrjö Perkelainen's second place at Joyous Joyopolis - then again, so did he after all that celebratory vodka), Jason van Drunen will be back in the #11 car for the next two races, with a chance to redeem himself from those limp performances (and a bit of bad luck) earlier in the season. Also, I've had to make a few edits to the wiki page, as it showed the #11 car not taking part in rounds 8 or 15...

As for the Apertura: no idea why you've decided to run it like this, as if you look at how ADx_Wales' original Apertura championships were calculated, the seedings were drawn from the qualifying positions for the first race, and then held over the race results of first four rounds. How you're doing it is going to run into problems if the Clausura is to be held over five rounds - that'll need 32 entrants, unless the results of race 16 decide the seedings instead of championship positions...

I used the way you run the aperturas and clausuras on F1RMGP. Unfortunately, I am not aware with the underlined part, so I have to create a small modification. :oops: And actually, the whole "clausura qualifiers" thing work this way: the top 16 drivers in the championship standings after the conclusion of Round 16 (Grun-Wald Circuit) will qualify, and Clausura runs between rounds 17 (Complex String) to season finale, round 20 (SSR7). That's how it will work. (Of note that this apertura and clasura thing is just an experimental stuff here)

Anyway, driver change noted. :)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

And here's the steward's results on Irwin's and Lewis (which already has a one reprimand strike).

The numbers:
0-20: cleared as racing incident
21-40: warning (6 warnings = 1.5-second penalty for next race's qualifying following the race where the sixth warning happens, plus 1 reprimand strike)
41-60: reprimand (3 strikes = 2-second penalty for next race's qualifiying following the race where third strike happens)
61-80: 1-race ban (owner must specify replacement - same performance will be used)
81-100: 3-race ban plus DSQ for driver (owner must specify replacement - 10 performance point penalty will be applied)
(Strike penalties changed again because the penalties meant the penalized driver could DNQ easily)

Ben Irwin:

One reprimand strike for Ben Irwin for causing an avoidable accident. He has one out of three reprimand strike. Onxy Wrecked may appeal this decision.

Amanda Lewis:

Lewis has been banned from the next round for causing avoidable accident at lap 15 and "general idiocy" (for frequent, avoidable spinouts) and Hound55 must specify an replacement or file an appeal. Until appealed, her second reprimand strike has also been added.

REMEMBER, YOU CAN APPEAL THE DECISIONS. :) Make appeals and/or nominate replacements (for banned drivers) before July 21st, please.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Since FloProAct is being kicked out of the series, I would like to request that my team Blokkmonsta Motorsport can join as soon as the series allows.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

Considering how badly she performed this weekend, and based on her general inconsistency, Omega Motorsport has decided not to appeal the ban. She will be sit out for one race as a reminder to drive more conservatively.

We will put reserve driver Klaus Ammermuller (German) in the 41 car for this coming round. He has the same stats as Lewis.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Since FloProAct is being kicked out of the series, I would like to request that my team Blokkmonsta Motorsport can join as soon as the series allows.

You will get the ex-Saudi Racing BMWs after the results of Race 10 is published, assuming you are entering two-car team. :)

Your garage numbers are 19 and 20. Both garages are capped to 325 performance points, and the BMWs has base value of 165 points each. Please fill in the following:

Team name:
Driver name:
Gender and nationality:
Performance rating: (Skill + consistency)
Car:
Car number:
Total performance and garage number:
Livery (optional):

Hound55 wrote:Considering how badly she performed this weekend, and based on her general inconsistency, Omega Motorsport has decided not to appeal the ban. She will be sit out for one race as a reminder to drive more conservatively.

We will put reserve driver Klaus Ammermuller (German) in the 41 car for this coming round. He has the same stats as Lewis.

Noted in XML. :)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

You will get the ex-Saudi Racing BMWs after the results of Race 10 is published, assuming you are entering two-car team. :)

Wow I even get two good cars to boot! :lol:

Yes I will be a two-time team, but will I be the same tier as the Saudi Team (Back Midfielder)?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:

Wow I even get two good cars to boot! :lol:

Yes I will be a two-time team, but will I be the same tier as the Saudi Team (Back Midfielder)?

Yes, because you get the same garage(s) as the Saudi Racing. However, note that your status may vary from race to race. :)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Team name: Blokkmonsta Motorsport (Germany)
Driver name: Michael Rohnstock
Gender and nationality: Male, Germany
Performance rating (Skill + consistency): 90 + 70
Car: BMW M3 (165 PP)
Car number: 208
Total performance and garage number: 325 ,G19
Livery (optional): Green and Brown Camouflage, no primary sponsor

Team name: Blokkmonsta Motorsport (Germany)
Driver name: Gina Arilla
Gender and nationality: Female, San Marino
Performance rating (Skill + consistency): 75 +85
Car: BMW M3 (165 PP)
Car number: 101
Total performance and garage number: 325, G20
Livery (optional): Green and Brown Camouflage, no primary sponsor
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I'm bringing in a Japanese replacement driver Hirokazu Arakawa to replace Ben Irwin for the next race. Ben's got to mull things over before returning to the seat as that harmed the team in the points.
FMecha

Re: Warped Touring Car Series (Helter Skelter quali up)

Post by FMecha »

After Team Onyx's last minute driver replacement (which I accepted but forced me to rescorinate, because I was in the middle of writing the qualifying review :evil:), here we go...

RACE 10: HURRICANE SKYWAY (HELTER SKELTER)
QUALIFYING

1 #28 Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Martini-Alfa)   1:07.079 - POLE POSITION
 2 #22 Anthony North (BMW Dealer-BMW)            1:07.104
 3 #3 Jan van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)          1:07.110
 4 #2 Jorg Scrattenheim (BMW Dealer-BMW)         1:07.296
 5 #88 Chiko Suzuki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)    1:07.516
 6 #68 Jamarian Woods (Maarsbergen-Mercedes)     1:07.623
 7 #37 Emanuele Nicchi (Nicchi-Alfa)             1:07.706
 8 #23 James Roberts (Aurico-Nissan)             1:07.713
 9 #777 Nicolas Vasquez (Vasquez-Holden)         1:07.781
10 #0 Martin van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)       1:07.828

11 #17 Hirokazu Arakawa [R] (Onyx-Holden)        1:07.881
12 #78 Arthur Daniels (Davies-Subaru)            1:07.926
13 #16 Nermanja Blagojevic (Onyx-Holden)         1:07.987
14 #55 Jay Becker (RRR-Subaru)                   1:08.193
15 #24 Orestes Granicus (TNS FC-Alfa)            1:08.225
16 #89 Satoshi Taki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)    1:08.255
17 #13 Mario Wankucini (Gangnam Publocrap-Opel)  1:08.343
18 #42 Robert Jackson (Omega-Opel)               1:08.500
19 #41 Klaus Ammermuller [R] (Omega-Opel)        1:08.684
20 #10 Yrjo Perkelainen (Clatterham-Mercedes)    1:08.704

21 #46 Luis Pereira (Vestore/Restov-Ford)        1:08.903
22 #27 Alessandro Lucarelli (Martini-Alfa)       1:08.990 - REJECT OF THE QUALIFYING
23 #99 Hafidis Faera (Tassie-Ford)               1:09.189
24 #11 Jason van Drunen (Clatterham-Mercedes)    1:09.447

FAILED TO QUALIFY
25 #5 Daniel Cake (Gregg-Mercedes)               1:10.470
26 #77 Johnny Boudermann (Davies-Nissan)         1:10.905
27 #73 Nasib Najib Bata (Saudi-BMW)              1:11.797
28 #31 Kim Lang-Dong (Gangnam Publocrap-Opel)    1:11.882
29 #14 Harri Korte (Finlux-Ford)                 1:11.989
30 #8 Mudar Zakariyya Shamoun (Saudi-BMW)        1:14.390

Voeckler may have claimed the pole position (with his teammate Lucarelli getting ROTQ for dead-beatness here), but things in the front grid went crazy as Chiko Suzuki, Jamarian Woods, and Nicolas Vasquez placed themselves in the top 10 positions (5th, 6th, and 9th respectively). Ben Irwin's last minute replacement, Hirokazu Arakawa, will start 11th., while Klaus Ammermuller, the replacement for the suspended Amanda Lewis, will start 19th. Jason van Drunen will start last, apparently disadvantaged by the track's bizarre inclinations for a city course. Cake, Boudermann, Bata, Lang-Dong, Korte and Shamoun all failed to qualify, with the Saudi Racing team confirmed leaving the series after this round due to commitment and financial issues.

Remember, this race is a sprint round, run much like Round 5. :)
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Tony Fernando wrote:Aaaargh... this must be a nightmare. WAKE UP AND GET AFTER THAT WANKUCINI, YOU TWO!

Jason van Drunen wrote:Hey, I qualified, didn't I? And look at that gap to Cake...

Tony Fernando wrote:Tarmo just got a podium in that car last time, and you're stone dead last. WAKE UP!

Yrjö Perkelainen wrote:Perkele. Hung over.

Tony Fernando wrote:*grinds teeth menacingly*
FMecha

Re: Warped Touring Car Series (Helter Skelter race up)

Post by FMecha »

The race is on!

RACE 10: HURRICANE SKYWAY (HELTER SKELTER)
THE RACE

30 laps (15 laps per half), overcast with a last-miunte drizzle.

"The tenth round in the Hurricane Skyway, otherwise known as the "Helter Skelter Road" because of the infamous tunnel in the second half, hosts the tenth race of the Warped Touring Car Series" were the words Bob Walker said, as the race is going to start. And so, the race begins, in a rolling start.

Because the track contains many tunnels, the organizers instructed all drivers to keep the headlights turned on during the race. Voeckler led through the first half, Blagojevic and Woods, Jackson and Martin van der Maeyede, as well as Mario Wankucini, all gained positions while Scrattenheim, Nicchi, and Jan van der Maeyede fell back. Perkelainen was anonymous and van Drunen was the race's laughing stock. Ammermuller and Arakawa fell back to the last places but it was Orestes Granicus which went in the last position for the first half after making an error in the exit of the second tunnel on lap 7. Lucarelli improved somewhat, although still finding himself dead-beat against Voeckler. No retirements yet.

Times at the end of the first half - Lap 15
 1 #28 Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Martini-Alfa)       17:23.109 - RACE LEADER
 2 #16 Nermanja Blagojevic (Onyx-Holden)             17:25.923
 3 #68 Jamarian Woods (Maarsbergen-Mercedes)         17:37.218
 4 #42 Robert Jackson (Omega-Opel)                   17:37.310
 5 #23 James Roberts (Aurico-Nissan)                 17:39.093
 6 #0 Martin van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)           17:39.645
 7 #88 Chiko Suzuki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)        17:42.423
 8 #2 Jorg Scrattenheim (BMW Dealer-BMW)             17:42.751
 9 #37 Emanuele Nicchi (Nicchi-Alfa)                 17:43.032
10 #13 Mario Wankucini (Gangnam Publocrap-Opel)      17:44.40

11 #777 Nicolas Vasquez (Vasquez-Holden)             17:45.088
12 #3 Jan van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)              17:46.192
13 #99 Hafidis Faera (Tassie-Ford)                   17:46.285
14 #10 Yrjo Perkelainen (Clatterham-Mercedes)        17:46.587
15 #55 Jay Becker (RRR-Subaru)                       17:46.610
16 #27 Alessandro Lucarelli (Martini-Alfa)           17:46.935
17 #89 Satoshi Taki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)        17:47.332
18 #22 Anthony North (BMW Dealer-BMW)                17:48.219
19 #78 Arthur Daniels (Davies-Subaru)                17:49.573
20 #46 Luis Pereira (Vestore/Restov-Ford)            17:49.918

21 #11 Jason van Drunen (Clatterham-Mercedes)        17:54.946
22 #41 Klaus Ammermuller [R] (Omega-Opel)            17:55.865
23 #17 Hirokazu Arakawa [R] (Onyx-Holden)            17:57.251
24 #24 Orestes Granicus (TNS FC-Alfa)                17:58.946

Then things changed in the second half. It started without Jorg Scrattenheim after a fire in their service area was found caused by a botched refuelling of Scrattenheim's car. More "fail" moment happened on the pace lap as the race resumes after the 15 minute break. During the pace lap, TV coverage discovered smoke that smoke were quickly developing in the hood of Jamarian Woods' Mercedes 190E. Woods had a strong third position in the first half, but this effectively ruined his day as he was forced to withdraw from the second half, before the safety car left the track. Bob Walker described Woods' car "smoking like a steam train".

That meant the resumption of the race was postponed and the drivers were forced to realign their car in the extra pace lap to fill the gap caused by Woods' withdrawal from the second half. "The pace lap has been extended and the start of the second half has been postponed".

Quickly, the resumption chaos was over and the race continued normally. Voeckler maintained a big lead, but James Roberts and Emanuele Nicchi began to going faster. The climax reached on lap 21; Voeckler almost overshot turn 5 and James Roberts, running second, took oppurtinity. Then Nicchi challenged Voeckler too, successfully (discussed later)

By lap 23, Martin van der Maeyede and Chiko Suzuki had a fight for the fifth position, which the Dutchman won. Klaus Ammermuller and Hirokazu Arakawa improved and gained positions, thanks to their respective teams opting for a softer tires. Jan van der Maeyede kept losing positions throught the race. So does Alessandro Lucarelli. Perkelainen had some problems that caused him to lose positions and ended up dead-last, which Jason van Drunen took advantage of. Blagojevic started to turn anonymous in the second half. On lap 25, Robert Jackson have to retire from the race after his clutch broke.

The fight for the first position soon turned boring with Roberts' gap against Nicchi, which overtook Voeckler on lap 26, increasing by the time goes on. With 4 laps to go, minor rain started to fall. Finally, James Roberts wins his first WTCS race, with Emanuele Nicchi breaking his curse by finishing second, followed by Voeckler which came third. Luis Pereira managed to exploit many opportunities of the overcast-turned-drizzle weather and finished a fine fourth position. Martin van der Maeyede came in fifth to end his embrassment streak. Chiko Suzuki, Nicolas Vasquez, and Mario Wankucini followed.

Stewards were blamed for unable to prevent chaos from exploding after Woods' sudden engine failure during the pace lap. This culuminated with Orestes Granicus last minute tyre failure. He was running in front of Jan van der Maeyede and Perkelainen when one of his tyres suddenly burst. He was forced to pull over to allow Jan and Yrjo to finish in front of him. Then controversy triggered when the stewards refused to classify Granicus' finish. The stewards gets the ROTR for today, while both Emanuele Nicchi and Luis Pereira got jointIIDOTR for today.

On a less serious note: we saw Harri Korte getting into rage after drinking Fernando's tea disgued as Korte's favorite vodka, Kim-Lang Dong getting increasingly jealous at Wankucini as he scores yet another point, and Wayne Rosberg, the REECCS racer, revealed bringing this to the track - just like he did in Race 5 (he says he will bring something relevant for the next two sprint races).

Final results
 1 #23 James Roberts (Aurico-Nissan)                 34:07.972 - 10 points
 2 #37 Emanuele Nicchi (Nicchi-Alfa)                 34:22.751 - 8 points
 3 #28 Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Martini-Alfa)       34:23.385 - 6 points
 4 #46 Luis Pereira (Vestore/Restov-Ford)            34:26.526 - 5 points
 5 #0 Martin van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)           34:31.279 - 4 points
 6 #88 Chiko Suzuki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)        34:31.697 - 3 points
 7 #777 Nicolas Vasquez (Vasquez-Holden)             34:32.911 - 2 points
 8 #13 Mario Wankucini (Gangnam Publocrap-Opel)      34:33.972 - 1 point
 9 #41 Klaus Ammermuller [R] (Omega-Opel)            34:34.472
10 #27 Alessandro Lucarelli (Martini-Alfa)           34:36.263

11 #78 Arthur Daniels (Davies-Subaru)                34:38.717
12 #22 Anthony North (BMW Dealer-BMW)                34:39.385
13 #99 Hafidis Faera (Tassie-Ford)                   34:39.408
14 #89 Satoshi Taki (Nippon Racecraft-Subaru)        34:40.385
15 #17 Hirokazu Arakawa [R] (Onyx-Holden)            34:42.945
16 #11 Jason van Drunen (Clatterham-Mercedes)        34:44.558
17 #55 Jay Becker (RRR-Subaru)                       34:47.030
18 #16 Nermanja Blagojevic (Onyx-Holden)             34:47.729
19 #3 Jan van der Maeyede (FGCR-Nissan)              34:49.254
20 #10 Yrjo Perkelainen (Clatterham-Mercedes)        34:52.388

NC #24 Orestes Granicus (TNS FC-Alfa)            Burst tyre (30, finished 21st)   
NF #42 Robert Jackson (Omega-Opel)               Clutch (25)
NF #68 Jamarian Woods (Maarsbergen-Mercedes)     Engine (15, during resume lap)
NF #2 Jorg Scrattenheim (BMW Dealer-BMW)         Fire in service area^
-------
^xkoranate says lap 7

Standings soon. :)
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The reason why Lang-Dong is getting pissed off is because…
A. Failure pretty much equals death in North Korea and…
B. he is constantly getting beaten by the alter ego of a certan Italian footballer
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Wow! What a turn of events. Being for once the fastest Holden on the field and scoring much needed points is a collosal moral victory for VRT. Seems that the beer will flow in the garage tonight :mrgreen: