The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by SuperAguri »

Still busy with tons of stuff but I will be back on Wednesday.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Hello, to anyone bothering to read this press release.

I am now back, and any attempt to contact me will be met with a reply.

That is all.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Hello, to anyone bothering to read this press release.

That is all.

Oh, hi Pasta.

Because you were gone so long, we sort of.....uh.....cleared out the garage of all your old stuff. You know, to make space for other things. Sorry? :|
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Hmm, what happens to the DEC of drivers previously under pasta's ownership? Not concerned or anything, just curious more than anything else.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

If we come to believe (or have been told) a user is permanently leaving us, they are assigned by biscione and Based RNG™ to new users for use. Admittedly, we never had one of those users return to us so I don't believe there are processes to deal with that.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

DemocalypseNow wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Hello, to anyone bothering to read this press release.

That is all.

Oh, hi Pasta.

Because you were gone so long, we sort of.....uh.....cleared out the garage of all your old stuff. You know, to make space for other things. Sorry? :|

AndreaModa wrote:Hmm, what happens to the DEC of drivers previously under pasta's ownership? Not concerned or anything, just curious more than anything else.

Klon wrote:If we come to believe (or have been told) a user is permanently leaving us, they are assigned by biscione and Based RNG™ to new users for use. Admittedly, we never had one of those users return to us so I don't believe there are processes to deal with that.

Totally understandable, I mean I wasn't here and you couldn't exactly hang around waiting for me.

If people are willing, I'm more than happy to discuss what should happen in the event of this scenario, even if that means my drivers are gone forever.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I'd go on a case by case basis. All former Pasta drivers still in ROR e.g. van der Maeyede can go back straight away, but there needs to be direct discussion between former and current DEC holders about potentially returning drivers back.

For example, I am fine handing Jose Braggia back, but I'd like to hang on to Koczo as I already have a plan in place for him, and you picked him up in free agency in the past too!

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

DemocalypseNow wrote:I'd go on a case by case basis. All former Pasta drivers still in ROR e.g. van der Maeyede can go back straight away, but there needs to be direct discussion between former and current DEC holders about potentially returning drivers back.

For example, I am fine handing Jose Braggia back, but I'd like to hang on to Koczo as I already have a plan in place for him, and you picked him up in free agency in the past too!

That seems entirely fair to me! I do not expect anyone to voluntarily hand over DEC's of my drivers they have picked up in ROR, but of course i am open for discussion.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I am going to be in Innsbruck this week, I am actually writing this at the gate at the airport. As a result, the planned roll out of 2019 Credentials series won't be happening until the weekend at the earliest, when I will be back in the UK and able to access the PC.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'll be down at Calder Park with my FSAE team on the second weekend of December, followed up with working for a Formula Ford ride day company, so I'll be away from Wednesday December 7th through to the 14th
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I will be away from home from Thursday (24/11) to Monday (28/11) for a family meeting. I do not know how the Internet will be so I probably won't be able to post the rest North American F4.

I do not know when it needs to be done, but it probably won't be until the week I return.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Abrupt announcement:

I'm done. Not just with this forum, not just with F1, but with motorsport in general. It's no longer as enriching for me as it once was and other interests have largely taken over. After Abu Dhabi I'm going to give up watching F1 and I'm also giving up everything I run in the ASMF. I may still run my F4 series when the time for that comes around but that's about it.

I don't want to leave any loose ends, so here's a more detailed plan for my quitting the ASMF:

Alt-F1, F2 and F3: Control will be given up to whoever's next on the waiting list or, in the case of F3, anyone who volunteers. Said volunteer will also be given control of Kenshin Takahashi's DEC. I will ask that for 2019 all decisions be run by me for approval first, but from 2020 anything goes.
Alt-F1 1989: Handing over Minardi to whoever's next on the waiting list (Rated, I think). You have a good base, don't mess this up. ;)
WSRC: Lotus and Aston Martin are up for grabs, but I'll keep the entries updated until somebody takes over.
Alt-56: IRC is bankrupt, Centro Sud is to be handed over to the best-suited volunteer. Also, the season review will still be finished.

And that's it. This has been a difficult decision to make (only took me like a month or two to fully go through with it!), but I've made it and intend to stand by it. I may still produce written content for the site in the future (I do already have something I'd like to see published in March), but other than that it's so long and here's to the losers.

Cheers,

Anthony
#FreeGonzo
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Simtek wrote:Abrupt announcement:

I'm done. Not just with this forum, not just with F1, but with motorsport in general. It's no longer as enriching for me as it once was and other interests have largely taken over. After Abu Dhabi I'm going to give up watching F1 and I'm also giving up everything I run in the ASMF. I may still run my F4 series when the time for that comes around but that's about it.

I don't want to leave any loose ends, so here's a more detailed plan for my quitting the ASMF:

Alt-F1, F2 and F3: Control will be given up to whoever's next on the waiting list or, in the case of F3, anyone who volunteers. Said volunteer will also be given control of Kenshin Takahashi's DEC. I will ask that for 2019 all decisions be run by me for approval first, but from 2020 anything goes.
Alt-F1 1989: Handing over Minardi to whoever's next on the waiting list (Rated, I think). You have a good base, don't mess this up. ;)
WSRC: Lotus and Aston Martin are up for grabs, but I'll keep the entries updated until somebody takes over.
Alt-56: IRC is bankrupt, Centro Sud is to be handed over to the best-suited volunteer. Also, the season review will still be finished.

And that's it. This has been a difficult decision to make (only took me like a month or two to fully go through with it!), but I've made it and intend to stand by it. I may still produce written content for the site in the future (I do already have something I'd like to see published in March), but other than that it's so long and here's to the losers.

Cheers,

Anthony

So you're still gonna have F4 and stories coming? I could use some of your driver's stat lines for F4 if that's the case :D

Sorry that motorsport has not been that interesting. I wish you the best on whatever you pursue and I can't wait to see whatever stories you may publish for the website!

Thanks again for your help getting my series going too, you've been a big help and it would not have been done without you. :)
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Not really nipping out for a while but, since I just moved here to Germany and I'm still aranging loads of stuff it means ARWS'19 is to be delayed at least until February / March. Of course everyone can keep on with their 2019 seasons. Thing is I need to buy a new PC (not just for this of course, but wanted to get a good computer that serves me both as music production hackintosh and gaming PC) and will need to save some money first.

Thanks for your understanding.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Simtek wrote:Cheers,

Anthony

I'm sorry to hear you'll be leaving us! You've served the community tremendously and it's sad to see you go.

I hate to play houskeeper, but before you do log off for good, could we have it in writing exactly what your plans are? It'd save a lot of headaches if we knew whether or not you were giving up all your DECs, and the exact fate of Anglo-Irish F4.

Again, sorry to see you go, but don't forget - you're here forever!

A little bit of news next. I will be extremely busy Wednesday-Sunday, I may be checking the forums, but for anything urgent that requires my attention in the next week please forum PM me.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Ah, I was not looking forward to the goodbyes! But anyway, points to be addressed:

pasta_maldonado wrote:I hate to play houskeeper, but before you do log off for good, could we have it in writing exactly what your plans are? It'd save a lot of headaches if we knew whether or not you were giving up all your DECs, and the exact fate of Anglo-Irish F4.

My plans for the series I currently run teams in can be found in the post above. As for DECs, I have only ever owned one (Takahashi) and he will be going to whoever runs Theodore in F3. Anglo-Irish F4 will be going ahead as planned once the North American series has caught up.

And to be honest, I'll probably still be checking in here every now and then, so I'm still available via PM. :)

...which means there is truth in Mr. Burns' words.
#FreeGonzo
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Simtek wrote:...which means there is truth in Mr. Burns' words.

It's Kurns stupid!

I like the way Snrub thinks!
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

I'm going to be away from a few minutes from now until Sunday arvo as I'm camping.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well,I am afraid I have to join the queue of people leaving...

No, don't worry, I won't leave permanently. I just need to recharge my batteries for a bit, having plowed through nine seasons of Alternate Formula One has - in combination with some positive, but time-consuming developments in real life - left me a bit unenthusiastic towards running it, which is not what my creation and the users playing and enjoying it deserve

Therefore I have decided to leave all administrative business on this forum, with the exception of the Canon council, until the end of the year. Running my teams in other series will be unaffected by that, although you may need to send me a PM or contact me in the Chat and remind me of important stuff.

See you in 2017 ... I guess. :vergne:
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

I should be back in december, after 3 months without an internet connection.
*fingers crossed*
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Due to my commitment to my 'main' series (RH Global Racing League), work on Pacific Endurance Series has taken a lower priority. I may end up launching the series as late as late January or early February.

I juggle a full-time 40 hour work schedule plus effectively 5 other Offline Series, and thus a sixth may be too much for me at the moment, as the priority is to conclude GRL Season 2 before March.

Sorry for the trouble I may have caused.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

**Post Updated**

Between 8th February to the 16th February, I will be back in Cameroon, meaning chances of me being online within that period will be effectively zero due to the suspension of the internet in the country.
Last edited by Gonzalez on 25 Jan 2017, 20:31, edited 2 times in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I will be away from now until Sunday, and during this period Nuppiz will be in charge. Play nice kids!

However, if things start to get super cray (fingers crossed no issues), I may comandeer Miguel98's laptop to fix it. I hope his WiFi is good...

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'm off to HWNSNBM-land tomorrow for a week. Shouldn't be any urgent matters, but if I have a free couple of minutes I'll drop by just in case.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ataxia wrote:I'm off to HWNSNBM-land tomorrow for a week. Shouldn't be any urgent matters, but if I have a free couple of minutes I'll drop by just in case.

I hope you enjoy Ferenc Szisz-Land. Wonder if you'll ever feel Hungary there?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:
Ataxia wrote:I'm off to HWNSNBM-land tomorrow for a week. Shouldn't be any urgent matters, but if I have a free couple of minutes I'll drop by just in case.

Wonder if you'll ever feel Hungary there?

Sure did, loaded up on plenty of goulash and langos. Budapest is a sweet little city, 10/10 would recommend.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

My Compaq craptop has gone kaput and is currently at the repair shop. I won't be on the forums much until further notice, and certainly not in the chatroom, given the experience of other members trying to use the chat from their phones. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

East Londoner wrote:My Compaq craptop has gone kaput and is currently at the repair shop. I won't be on the forums much until further notice, and certainly not in the chatroom, given the experience of other members trying to use the chat from their phones. :P

*cough*AndroUser2*cough*
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

I'm going to be away from the forum from the 9th until the 17th.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

As the wonders of the third year of University catch up to me and coursework becomes pressing, I will have to wind down my forum involvement for the next month or two. I'm not leaving nor stopping Alt-57, which will continue, just at a slower pace. As much as I love this place (and will always be lurking in the chatroom), getting good enough grades to do a Masters' degree is also kind of important.

The 1957 Dutch Grand Prix will be delayed, but will happen.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:As the wonders of the third year of University catch up to me and coursework becomes pressing, I will have to wind down my forum involvement for the next month or two. I'm not leaving nor stopping Alt-57, which will continue, just at a slower pace. As much as I love this place (and will always be lurking in the chatroom), getting good enough grades to do a Masters' degree is also kind of important.

The 1957 Dutch Grand Prix will be delayed, but will happen.

Right choice, I can definitely sympathise and empathise with this decision. Don't forget to pace yourself though, don't burn yourself out!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

My Compaq craptop has now broken down terminally. Won't be getting a replacement until Saturday at the earliest. As before, I won't be on the forums much, and certainly not in the chatroom, because Mibbit is awful using a mobile. :pantano:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

After six years of service, my laptop has finally copped it. I am out until further notice (i.e. a new computer is acquired).

Image Image
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

I am currently without a PC in which I have been 3 weeks ago. My PC is currently at the repair shop, being refitted with a new Motherboard. Since I was not expecting this to last for weeks, I could of mentioned this sooner:

My involvement here in the forum will be reduced until further notice minus me having to use a mobile phone.

My PC should hopefully be fixed by the end of next week.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I will have limited access (phone/netbook only) to the forums from tomorrow until Thursday 6th due to being on holiday; this means that altBTCC will be running late (again), as technical issues prevented it from being simulated today.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'm incredibly busy next week, diverting my attentions between some ultra-cool stuff in London followed by some duties at Silverstone over the Easter weekend. Suffice it to say I won't be around too much, so I won't have the chance to do any livery shite or whatever it is that I usually do!
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Will be away from the forum from the 22nd to the 26th - but may still be able to do the odd thing.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Due to my work commitments with IHRA, I won't be available at all from Wednesday June 7th through to Monday June 12th
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I'll be going on an extended holiday to Malta on Sunday for potentially, up to 3 months. In that time, I will have access to IRC at most. I will try to see if I can get GTR2 to work on Dad's laptop but if not, then Lotus cup will end up getting postponed if the canon season finishes in that time as I will have no access to GTR2. If I get a job out there, I will try and get the PC shipped out. I am also working on a Le Mans preview and I will try and get that posted as soon as possible.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

My presence on the forums is going to be rather limited during the next five weeks due to high uni workload. I'm still going to check the virtual series I'm involved. Besides, my internet has been absolutely dreadful in the past few weeks which for example made visiting the chatroom almost impossible.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.