The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
dr-baker

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by dr-baker »

I'm away until Sunday, catching up with Minnie Mouse in Paris...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

For the first time since i've joined, i'll be on holiday down south for 10 days with possibly no Wi-Fi or Internet at all in that country. This could have an impact on my teams in Alt-F1 and WTCM.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm off to London for a few days to see the mighty Wolf Alice finish their tour at the Kentish Town Forum. I'm staying over my nans, so I won't have wi-fi or access to Mibbit until I come home on Wednesday evening.

Plus I get to meet Ellie Rowsell, so yeah. It more than makes up for the fact I'll have to suffer through a Swim Deep supporting set before Wolf Alice come on. Bloody awful band Swim Deep are...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Klon is AWOL until uploader/yahoo problem get fixed.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Miguel98 wrote:Klon is being a lazy James Hunt.

Fixed :P
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Simtek wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:Klon is being a lazy James Hunt.

Fixed :P

As a moderator you should know better than saying things like this.

I mean, what has James Hunt ever done wrong to you that you compare him to Klon? :P
(i'm aware it's the auto-censorship)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:
Plus I get to meet Ellie Rowsell, so yeah.

Cor blimey guv'nor...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:
East Londoner wrote:
Plus I get to meet Ellie Rowsell, so yeah.

Cor blimey guv'nor...

CreePRejects.com is that way...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

With my spring quarter of college underway, I will be unavailable for three weekends between now and early June as part of a class on field geology. My first trip will be from April 8th to 10th. Assuming I survive being out in the Nevada desert I will have a 4-day trip from April 28 to May 1st, and one more between May 27 and 29.

As mentioned in the chat awhile ago I will also be gone for 6 or so weeks from Late June to the start of August. I will post further details within the next month or so.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

This wrote:I mean, what has James Hunt ever done wrong to you that you compare him to Klon? :P

Well, just like Mr. Hunt I am very attractive to women, especially your mother, so the comparison lies obvious.

I am active on the forum again. My Alt-F1 games continue to be delayed for the time being, though.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'll be undergoing further eye surgery tomorrow. This time its' for right eye which is my better one, so for some time it'll be hard for me to read small text for extended periods of time. I'll probably pop in and out every now and then but it'll take a week or two at least before my normal activity levels resume.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:I am very attractive to women, especially your mother.

I think I have found an acronym to describe Klon, based on what he has just himself admitted... (Nothing personal, just my natural response to your comment.)

EDIT: Hope I haven't stepped over any boundaries with that - link Not Suitable For Metcalfe.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:
Klon wrote:I am very attractive to women, especially your mother.

I think I have found an acronym to describe Klon, based on what he has just himself admitted... (Nothing personal, just my natural response to your comment.)

EDIT: Hope I haven't stepped over any boundaries with that - link Not Suitable For Metcalfe.

Knowing that Klon is German, i hope he enjoyed being dominated and enslaved by my mother. (who is a notorious man-hater) Though the term you link, baker, is not enitrely right, as that would assume he could do that 'action' without paying money for it. (but he's German so he's got plenty of money)

Yes mods, i know i'm offensive, but you know Klon can handle whatever you throw at him. Just to make clear: don't use this as an example of how to have conversations with each other on this forum :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Yes mods, i know i'm offensive, but you know Klon can handle whatever you throw at him. Just to make clear: don't use this as an example of how to have conversations with each other on this forum :D

Indeed. This is not normal. Nor is the forumite known as This. ;) If Klon can't take as good as he gives, etc....
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

This wrote:Knowing that Klon is German, i hope he enjoyed being dominated and enslaved by my mother. (who is a notorious man-hater)

shite, I didn't know that. Christ, I am actually sorry for all the things I said now. Not even being sarcastic or anything. Damn. :|
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Just to take an unexpected turn. I will be a little inactive for 2 weeks from now as I won't have any Internet for that period of time due to no broadband. I'm still avaliable for Pm if anyone is willing for contact.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

HawkAussie wrote:
Autosport Extra wrote:Tassie Racing withdraws from all motorsport

In what would be a not a shock to everyone, Tassie Racing has withdrawn from all motorsport with Matthew Saoea declared bankrupt. This though was no surprise with all of the recent events that has been happening over the past two rounds in the championship with the sexual talks coming from many sources. This is after two other teams in Gauthier and Revolution also folding during the rounds.

With Tassie Racing folding from all motorsport, this will mean now every driver that it was linked with the team will now be free to go their ways.

This is the full list of the drivers that I do own. Because starting from today, I officially am retired from this forum as school work will now be the main focus instead of me being here. This will also include the wiki.

Elinor Yurko
Simon Bourne
Akira Yamamura
Hans Einhrin
Carl Jordan
Samson Medina-Márquez
Barry Edwards
Christian Poulsen
Simon Bourne
Ben Hughes
Sam Baromono
Fidel Edwards

So from my mouth. See you later
Officially Retired
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Starting tomorrow, i'll be back to Asia for another two weeks.

I will most likely be able to read and answer pm's, but any serious forum involvement will be unlikely.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I'll be gone this weekend from Friday morning till Sunday evening for field work again.

Also I will be out of touch most likely from Mid-June to the end of July. For the series that i'm in please PM me and let me know if there is any way I can keep my entry while I'm gone for six weeks.

Series I'm in:

ARWS (RUF Blokkmonsta)
AR 3.5 (RUF Blokkmonsta)
FIA F3 (Malik Zidan)
IPC (Blokkmonsta: Both drivers for the team, Nicolas Steele)
Alt F1 1988 (Coloni)
Alt F1 1955 (Ecurie Maghreb)
WTCM (Welsh Racing)
GT-R WC (Super GP Entry for Blokkmonsta)

Series I'll be taking part in when they come up:
Africa Cup
FRENCH/SANDWICH
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

From this evening to Wednesday morning, I shall be going across the pond to watch a 500-mile single-seater race.
MCard LOLA
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

So good bye to all of you. For serious. I have change my own password by typing nonsense that I just copy paste from notepad, I won't able to login anymore and I have faked my e-mail. That's a proper leave. :D :dance:

All ASMF driver are killed in an airplane accident, Holden withdrews from WTCM, IndyCars and ladder ded for good.

Though I still have one more mystery to all of you, don't know will I reveal it or not. Maybe in 50 years time.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AxelP800 wrote:Though I still have one more mystery to all of you, don't know will I reveal it or not. Maybe in 50 years time.

He's Donald Trump! Or Bernie. Bernie will still be around in 50 years...
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm currently at my family's summer house for a "traditional" Finnish Midsummer. Don't bother contacting me until Sunday evening.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Bobby Doorknobs

I won't be on here much (if at all) for the whole week starting Monday, the 4th of July, as I'm doing part-time work on a TV series being filmed a few miles away from where I live. The hours are quite prohibitively long too, hence why I'm posting here.
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I will likely not be home until monday and i'm not sure if i'm able to access wifi.
Aislabie

This is mostly relevant to Tommykl

Post by Aislabie »

I'm going travelling tomorrow, and won't return until September. Although I expect some of the places I stay to have WiFi, I have no idea how reliable it will be and therefore no idea if I'm likely to be online. If so, these are my plans for the series I am entered for:

Alt-1956 (Tommykl)

Halford Auto Racing Team
Don't worry if the team runs into debt, I'll deal with that when I return from my travels - unless the team folds by then. All its assets will likely be sold on to the new Emeryson team for 1957 anyway.

British Grand Prix
Bruce Halford --- Chassis: VW55 (2) / Engine: Bentley 16VL-1 (6)
Paul Emery --- Chassis:VW56 (4) / Engine: Vanwall 254 (2)

Italian Grand Prix
Bruce Halford --- Chassis: VW56 (4) / Engine: Vanwall 254 (2)

Thai Grand Prix
Bruce Halford --- Chassis: VW55 (2) / Engine: Vanwall 254 (2)
Ken Kavanagh --- Chassis: VW56 (4) / Engine: Bentley 16VL-1 (6)

Thinking about it, that will almost certainly bankrupt H.A.R.T. but never mind.

Scuderia Alzani-Volpani
If it's allowed, I would like to set up Scuderia Alzani-Volpani as my second privateer (I meant to do this last week but got distracted). They will buy or rent the AAC chassis and engine combination from either Ecurie Maghreb or Scuderia Ferrari (depending on who owns them by then). They will exist solely to get an extra Italian into the Italian Grand Prix.

Italian Grand Prix
Luigi Piotti --- Chassis: AAC 555 (1) / Engine: AAC 555 (1)

If Piotti is unavailable, then my drivers (in order of preference) would be:
  1. Giulio Cabianca
  2. Berardo Taraschi
  3. Piero Scotti

Hopefully that's all clear and above board.

- - - - - -

1992 Virtual F1 (RedEyes504)
Please just keep giving large grip upgrades to EuroBrun at every opportunity. That's about all we can do!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'n halfway through a family holiday in Weymouth, and the local mobile internet is frankly diabolical, which is why I haven't posted since Sunday. So yeah, I'll be back home on Monday week, to groans of total indifference. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

Not 'nipping out' as such, but I have been thinking for some time about this and have decided to cut down on my involvement in the canon, as it's not as fun as it used to be for me anymore. I guess it's something to do with the level of seriousness with which people (myself included) are treating it and it's starting to feel like a bit of a chore. Now, I'm not going to totally pull out of every series I'm involved in immediately, but there will be a scaling back process as detailed series-by-series below:

All AutoReject series: I'd like to be taken off the waiting lists.
SANDWICH: Not entering 2018-19. Kurosawa's finished. I was going to enter them as a gloriously rejectful ARWS team, but I've kind of given up on that.
Alt-F1, F2 & F3: Not going to let my plans go to waste, so I will commit to running Status GP/Theodore until at least the end of 2019 (assuming I get a spot in F2, if not, I'll withdraw from F3 to 'focus' on the F1 programme)
Alt-F1 Revolutionary Era: I will commit for 1989, possibly beyond.
Alt-1950s: Another story I've worked hard on crafting to make it at least somewhat plausible. I'll keep that up until IRC collapses either on its own through the massive 1957 chassis design investment or through my own scripted 1961 downfall. Scuderia Centro Sud is also open to takeover by a suitable candidate (and hopefully I won't be compelled to micromanage).
Alt-1920s: Given the lacklustre performances from Fiat I had already intended to withdraw the team at the conclusion of the 1923 season (analogous to their real-life 1924 withdrawal after being outperformed by Alfa Romeo), so no change there. I had originally wanted to take over Bugatti, but their destiny will most certainly be in someone else's hands now.
Alt-Formula 5 (yep, still doing this :P): Ignore the Super Aguri 'entry', though I heavily encourage somebody else to use it.
ARL: I did go to the trouble of making an entry, so Team Gunston is still go. I would like to see somebody else carry the team on though for next season (assuming that happens), if they're up to it.
FIA PC: I am tempted by the prospect of introducing Murphy Prototypes to the series, so I guess I'm still interested for now.
WSRC: I will keep running Lotus until the end of the season. After that, I will leave it to somebody else who would be more befitting of taking on the role of Colin Chapman.

And I believe that covers the lot. Anglo-Irish F4 of course will still be run as normal. I'm actually getting more enjoyment out of that than I am from team management!

EDIT: On a note unrelated to the above but more closely related to the purpose of the thread, I will be here either very little or not at all between the 25th and the 29th. Some of you probably already know why ;)
#FreeGonzo
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Well that's understandable, but we all go through peaks and troughs in terms of interest and enjoyment. There's been times when I've done just the bare minimum because I really didn't care and other times when I've grabbed it with both hands and got stuck in.

Related to that, what I will say to people, is don't go nuts with entering everything. You'll either get bored, burnt out or loose track of it all. Keep it simple, focus on one team/organisation and keep it fun. The bigger and more time-consuming the involvement, the more of a chore it becomes.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I will be abroad from 2nd to 18th September, in the temple of the almighty mouse, Mickey, Orlando branch.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:I will be abroad from 2nd to 18th September, in the temple of the almighty mouse, Mickey, Orlando branch.

So you still haven't given up on making Minnie Mouse your wife?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I will be abroad from 2nd to 18th September, in the temple of the almighty mouse, Mickey, Orlando branch.

It's either her or Daisy Duck. But they say that in America, a British accent always goes down well...
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm going north for one week, starting on Saturday. Internet access will be limited to my smartphone.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:I'm going north for one week, starting on Saturday. Internet access will be limited to my smartphone.

Say hi to Santa Claus for me, remind him that he owes me at least three mince pies.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ataxia wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:I'm going north for one week, starting on Saturday. Internet access will be limited to my smartphone.

Say hi to Santa Claus for me, remind him that he owes me at least three mince pies.

Probably owes you a couple of Scotch Whiskies too?
MCard LOLA
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Next Friday I'm going on a school organised trip to Japan, so I don't expect to be online that much for that 2 week period. I should have enough spare time to check up on my commiments in the PMMF, though.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

I will have no internet connection for around a month. I might come back no sooner than mid-October.
I will be able to connect on the mobile version of the website, but not too often.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I am now back from Florida, but have almost immediately entered Freshers' Week at Kingston University. Today is my first time accessing this forum on a computer instead of a phone since August. And as I am doing a nursing course, I will generally be more limited on free time than ever before. I will have 2 weeks off at Christmas, 1 week off at Easter and then four weeks off over the summer, from mid-August to mid-September.

This wrote:

Erm,...

And, in one of the Disney water parks, I met Button, and was able to take a selfie with Button! Photos below!

MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Due to unforseen circumstances, I will likely have no internet access until at least the 29th or 30th. If there is any canon league stuff that I need to sort out, please be patient as I will try to do it when I'm back. Sorry for the inconvenience.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Work is quite manic at the moment, so I am AWOL for at least another week. Use the email button if you need to get to me urgently.

Thanks

SuperAguri
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes