2016 F1 Rejects IndyCar Series season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ferrarist

2016 F1 Rejects IndyCar Series season

Post by Ferrarist »

I think it's the right time to open a thread for the new Indy season.

For already existing team owners
You'll have to buy new chassis, as IndyCar only allows chassis that are up to 2016 regs. You can keep your engines for free, however. Only if you want to change your engine, you'll have to pay the engine manufacturer. Important: You are only allowed to get your equipment from one and the same manufacturer. For example: You're not allowed anymore to use Honda AND Toyota engines. Or Swift AND Lola chassis.
You also have to resign your driver, and that'll cost you, of course. So if you happen to have a driver under contract who has 10-10-10 skills, then be prepared to pay 300.000 $, in order to re-sign him. But that doesn't mean that your driver will keep his 10-10-10 stats...

Driver improvement/deterioration
A driver can normally improve by 1.5 points, or worsen by 1.5 points. Drivers with 10 skill points can however only worsen by 3. Of course they can stay at 10, if they're lucky. Here's another example:
Gordon Robbon:
Before: 10-10-10
After: 9-7-10
Geoff Jordan:
Before: 5-5-5
After: 6,5-6-4
Of course I'll randomly calculate, if a driver improves or worsens. But you won't find out until after the first races. Where's the fun, if you can just refuse to pay for worse driver...

If existing team owners want to continue in IndyCar, just tell me so in this thread. But don't do anything further, until the season has been finished.

For new team owners
If you're new, and want to partake in IndyCar, then read this post first. Then claim an entry in this thread. But you've also got to wait, until I finish the season, before you do anything further.
MIA SAN MIA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 F1 Rejects IndyCar Series season

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Foster's Good Call Racing in the U.S. is no more... I'll be back with another team... (btw, van der Maeyede or Bianchi are NOT up for contract)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Foster's Good Call Racing in the U.S. is no more... I'll be back with another team... (btw, van der Maeyede or Bianchi are NOT up for contract)

Then the reversed Andrea Moda principle applies to you. The new team will essentially own the assets and entry of the old team. Not to mention the money ;).
MIA SAN MIA!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

One question: will you publish a list of new chassis available for 2016, or will they be the same chassis from 2015 adapted to 2016 regs?
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Phoenix wrote:One question: will you publish a list of new chassis available for 2016, or will they be the same chassis from 2015 adapted to 2016 regs?

The chassis manufacturers will be the same. As for the engine manufacturers...we'll see ;)
MIA SAN MIA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Only the Honda engines will remain at Mecha, although their IndyCar division is likely to be sold. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
adriojim

Post by adriojim »

I'd like an entry :D
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor International will keep into F1RIndycar, with Lestrade as their driver and a possible second car.

Well, would be nice to see the relation of the skills of each one of the drivers listed
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Ferrarist wrote:
Phoenix wrote:One question: will you publish a list of new chassis available for 2016, or will they be the same chassis from 2015 adapted to 2016 regs?

The chassis manufacturers will be the same. As for the engine manufacturers...we'll see ;)

There are three different Reynard chassis type in 2015 so will that be reduced down to one or will it still be three different chassis?
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:There are three different Reynard chassis type in 2015 so will that be reduced down to one or will it still be three different chassis?

It will be reduced to one chassis. In case you don't have enough money to afford a new chassis, you can always hire a pay driver. After he's racked up some money, you could hire a real driver. But there are still two races to go, so you might rack up some further money. On the other hand, older chassis will be allowed at Indy, so if you want to do pre-IRL Team Menard, then you can do so.
MIA SAN MIA!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Moseley Shoals Racing is up for sale, if anyone wants it. The costs of racing in a series 'across the pond' have proved too much.

REAL LIFE: I've realised that I'm involved in too many racing series to keep up with them all, especially as my time on the forums will be limited over the next month.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Ferrarist wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:There are three different Reynard chassis type in 2015 so will that be reduced down to one or will it still be three different chassis?

It will be reduced to one chassis. In case you don't have enough money to afford a new chassis, you can always hire a pay driver. After he's racked up some money, you could hire a real driver. But there are still two races to go, so you might rack up some further money. On the other hand, older chassis will be allowed at Indy, so if you want to do pre-IRL Team Menard, then you can do so.

I'll be with a pay driver as the car's reliability has been bad and the car doesn't seem to make it to the end of the race. I am also interested in mergers with departing teams.
Last edited by Onxy Wrecked on 13 Dec 2012, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cassidy Racing will continue into 2016 - Ashley Cassidy will remain with the team, though Brendon Cassidy Jr is retiring to focus on team management. Ryan McReynolds has been offered another year with the team, but is waiting to see if any other offers come his way before resigning.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

www.autosport.com wrote:NEW TEAM ENTERS F1RIC

After Plus One Group announced they would be shutting down their US operations, a new team has risen from the ashes of the PSRT/FGCR team - Michael Bright Racing. The American squad, owned by ex-Can-Am driver Michael 'Mike' Bright, has had relative success in Formula Atlantics and Indy Lights, and has decided to take the step up to IndyCar when the new rules were announced for 2016.

"I am proud to achieve my dream" said Bright "of running a team in the IndyCar championship. I like what the governing body are doing to help the sport and after much deliberation have decided to join the sport"

Subscribe to Autopsort for just 99% of your life savings to unlock the rest of this article

Michael Bright Racing will be using Swift chassis and will use Chevrolet engines. We also offer a drive to Ryan McReynolds, part of the deal includes 10% of the money from a sponsorship deal with Labatts.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Noticed a problem. I don't see why Bobby Dollar would have to pay when he drives for himself.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

East Londoner wrote:Moseley Shoals Racing is up for sale, if anyone wants it. The costs of racing in a series 'across the pond' have proved too much.

REAL LIFE: I've realised that I'm involved in too many racing series to keep up with them all, especially as my time on the forums will be limited over the next month.

What engine are you using (discovered it's a Cosworth) and how much funds do you have? I am interested in merging the Onxy Moneytron and Moseley Shoals teams toegether as to make you minority owner (49%) with no costs as I will use the old Onyx Moneytron assets and I keep Clint Hillman in IndyCar. You get 49% of the profits and I eat the costs and 51% of profits. Both sides could win big as Hillman's talent is almost championship worthy as seen with average qualifying results of 25th out of 41 in a two year chassis and a ten year old Infiniti engine design. He's also averaging a 29th place finish with two late race mechanical failures. So a Cosworth would be a significant improvement for Hillman over the Infiniti.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

eurobrun wrote:Noticed a problem. I don't see why Bobby Dollar would have to pay when he drives for himself.

You payed for the skills, for driver improvements. I mean, even driver-owners have to improve their skills ;).
MIA SAN MIA!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Can I merge the Moseley Shoals and Onyx Moneytron teams together without buying the team by giving the former owner a minority stake (49.9%) and running a one car team out of the Onyx Moneytron organization as to eliminate costs for the minority owner?
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:Can I merge the Moseley Shoals and Onyx Moneytron teams together without buying the team by giving the former owner a minority stake (49.9%) and running a one car team out of the Onyx Moneytron organization as to eliminate costs for the minority owner?

I'm pretty Laissez-Faire on that. If you spoke with East Londoner about it, then I'm fine with it.

EDIT: But I can already announce the schedule of the 2016 season:

1. Brahma Grand Prix of Brazil (Autódromo José Carlos Pace)
2. IndyCar Grand Prix of Argentina (Potrero de los Funes Circuit)
3. Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (Long Beach Street Circuit)
4. Ford 300 (Homestead-Miami Speedway)
5. Motorola 250 (Gateway Motorsports Park)
6. Texaco Grand Prix of Texas (Circuits of the Americas)
7. Indianapolis 500 (Indianapolis Motor Speedway)
8. Miller Lite 200 (Milwaukee Mile)
9. Michigan 500 (Michigan International Speedway)
10. Molson Indy Toronto (Toronto Street Circuit)
11. Molson Indy Montreal (Circuit Gilles Villeneuve)
12. Donington Park IndyCar Festival (Donington Park)
13. Deutsche Post 500 (Lausitzring)
14. New Hampshire 200 (New Hampshire International Speedway)
15. Budweiser Grand Prix of Watkins Glen (Watkins Glen)
16. Jack Daniels 300 (Kentucky Speedway)
17. Pocono 500 (Pocono Superspeedway)
18. Honda Grand Prix of Japan (Suzuka International Circuit)
19. Holden Grand Prix of Australia (Surfers Paradise Street Circuit)
20. Bosch Grand Prix of Road America (Road America)
21. Portland 200 (Portland International Raceway)
22. Texas 300 (Texas Motor Speedway)
23. Laguna Seca 200 (Laguna Seca Circuit)
24. California 500 (Auto Club Speedway)

Of course, the team owners can still make suggestions on their own.
MIA SAN MIA!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Of course, it may not be necessary if my Infiniti can actually last the entire race, but if both of the races are DNFs and no money comes in, I will try to make a deal with East Londoner.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

From South America, NeoV Competición wants to take part in the series using the Lola B14/00 Chevrolet combo. I was thinking on the experience of argentinian José María Lopez (2 points in reliability) for one car and the 17-year peruvian rookie sensation Mateo Vásquez (2 points in all fields) in the other.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

SeedStriker wrote:From South America, NeoV Competición wants to take part in the series using the Lola B14/00 Chevrolet combo. I was thinking on the experience of argentinian José María Lopez (2 points in reliability) for one car and the 17-year peruvian rookie sensation Mateo Vásquez (2 points in all fields) in the other.

New chassis next season so the number of the Lola chassis will change.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

McDoggle Racing will run at least three cars for next year for Joao Cavalcanti, Vidal Reyna-Sanchez and Antonio Reyna-Sanchez. As announced before, Dean O'Lauchlan has been sacked by the team. If there are any pay-drivers out there looking for a drive, McDoggle Racing will run a fourth car as the Swift n Shift Motorsport car.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Yeah, I wouldn't mind merging Moseley Shoals with Onyx. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

East Londoner wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't mind merging Moseley Shoals with Onyx. ;)

This will work. We race separately until the 2015 season end. Then merge the resources and I will sell the Infiniti engine for a little extra funding. Clint Hillman will be the first driver as his qualifying results in an inferior car out-qualifying Jerome D'Ambrosio and Damon Cannon at Vancouver. The second car is to be determined at the season's end of the 2015 season with the funding of both teams, but the chassis will be a Swift and the Cosworth engine will be used. The 49.9% share of profit for Moseley Shoals after usual expenses will be sent back to Birmingham, England as to run Moseley Shoals operations in Europe. Hillman will contend for wins and the championship with this engine and talent combo.
As for 2016, the team is now Onyx Moseley Racing.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Ferrarist wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Noticed a problem. I don't see why Bobby Dollar would have to pay when he drives for himself.

You payed for the skills, for driver improvements. I mean, even driver-owners have to improve their skills ;).

Not entirely sure what your saying, what point is there in paying his own salary
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

eurobrun wrote:Not entirely sure what your saying, what point is there in paying his own salary

Then team owners could turn their top-drivers into driver-owners, in order to avoid paying the salary. On the other hand, you won't probably be able to do much with the money you're going to save. For now at least ;). So I'll give it some thought.
MIA SAN MIA!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Ferrarist wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Not entirely sure what your saying, what point is there in paying his own salary

Then team owners could turn their top-drivers into driver-owners, in order to avoid paying the salary. On the other hand, you won't probably be able to do much with the money you're going to save. For now at least ;). So I'll give it some thought.

Especially the likes of Clint Hillman and a few others who are extremely talented. Also, A.J. Foyt didn't race his own car after 1992 nor did Eddie Cheever constantly race in his Team Cheever cars in Indy Car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ferrarist wrote:You'll have to buy new chassis, as IndyCar only allows chassis that are up to 2016 regs.

Come to think of it, wouldn't this only apply to teams running 2013 spec cars? I mean, surely the 2014 and 2015 cars would be well within the rules for 2016.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I don't know.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Phil McCracken, with his RWRS career seemingly over permanently, is looking at the prospect of entering America instead. Should Stefan Kuntz not improve in the F3RWRS, he might be interested as well.

I'd rather not enter a new team as I already have quite enough on my plate, but if there's no interest in either driver I might just do that.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nuppiz wrote:Phil McCracken, with his RWRS career seemingly over permanently, is looking at the prospect of entering America instead. Should Stefan Kuntz not improve in the F3RWRS, he might be interested as well.

I'd rather not enter a new team as I already have quite enough on my plate, but if there's no interest in either driver I might just do that.

Michael Bright Racing are definitely interested in hiring McCracken. It won't influence our decision to hire him, but does he bring sponsorship?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Phil McCracken, with his RWRS career seemingly over permanently, is looking at the prospect of entering America instead. Should Stefan Kuntz not improve in the F3RWRS, he might be interested as well.

Michael Bright Racing are definitely interested in hiring McCracken. It won't influence our decision to hire him, but does he bring sponsorship?

Don't know if moving to NRE lost his backing, but back in the day he had McEwan's Lager sponsorship.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

kostas22 wrote:Don't know if moving to NRE lost his backing, but back in the day he had McEwan's Lager sponsorship.

Oh, he's still got the sponsorship. It's the only reason why he's still driving anyway, by making sure Nurminen has all the beer he wants... :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

The rumor mill around Indianapolis is stating that Onyx Moseley are pursuing Natacha Gachnang, who is know for her mediocre results in F3 and F2 racing in Europe and cousin to F1 reject Sebastien Buemi. She is not being considered a pay driver, but a rather well funded and remarkably mediocre driver (A 4, C 7, D 4).
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Update from Onyx Moseley: Swiss driver Natacha Gachnang has been rumored to have signed to a two year contract worth $300 thousand dollars over the length of the contract. Damon Cannon will drive the 500 mile races at Michigan, Indianapolis, Pocono, and Fontana in as Gachnang's replacement as GP 2 races are barely over 100 miles in length and we want to ease her into IndyCar competition for this season. This may be changed if Gachnang is in the top 10 in points at the time of the Indy 500, though. Hillman is being pursued by other teams and this may promote Damon Cannon to the lead driver for next season if a team is willing to take the $135,000 buyout option on Hillman's contract which means to hire him the team will have to pay Onyx Moseley an additional fee on top of the $270,000 a year contract.
Last edited by Onxy Wrecked on 28 Dec 2012, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Tassie Racing will be entering the 2016 season with a 2 car team
Team: Tassie Racing
Chassis: Swift 026c $190
Engine: Ford $250

56. Steve Narman (AUS) (A: 8, C: 9, R: 9)
57. Elinor Yurko (FIJ) (A: 9, C: 8, R: 9)

60K left
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I think there's no rush to start this up again. It seems generally that people want to align this championship with the rest of the RWRS world, and right now they're all only in mid-season, at the start of July. It will be a while yet before 2016 will begin. It seems quite a few RWRS Rejects will hop across the pond looking for redemption.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cassidy Racing is interested in buying out Clint Hillman's contract, but first we would like an update on our finances.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aurico Autosport has took over Mecha Grand Prix's IndyCar business, after both Dominic Hermann and Mecha founders deemed the project was too expensive.

Team name: Aurico Autosport
Chassis: Whatever is the latest Lola chassis (B16/00?)
Engine: Honda again
Driver: Rafael Carlos (Spain, C6 A5 R4)

Remind me, how many money I have after re-submit? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport