F1RWRS 2016 Rules Discussion (READ THIS TEAM OWNERS)

Archive for the three above subforums
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS 2016 Rules Discussion (READ THIS TEAM OWNERS)

Post by SuperAguri »

I am a litte upset that promoting a top three driver from F3RWRS, RoLFS or RICS gives you bugger all bonus money, where in real life it would give you some wad of cash. It does give zero incentive to promote drivers unless you own the driver...
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

You can still use him/her as a Pay Driver...
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Do you mind giving us a proper overview of all the rule changes just to be absolutely certain everyone knows what's going on? In all my complaining I've forgotten most of it, and you know dr-baker will forget after 1 race :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: Yeah, probably true, that. :(
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

New rules reminder (will post in F1RWRS 2016 thread as well), I've only included those which affect team operation:

New chassis system:
- Teams build their own chassis from now on
- Getting rid of your current chassis is not mandatory, but it will be mandatory to build a new chassis when you get rid of your current chassis.
- Chassis building system: You decide how much you want to spend on your new chassis; then, depending on the ammount, I play a RNG game to determine the final stats of your chassis based on next table:

Numbers go as follows: Number of credits // Max. BHP // Downforce (Affects driver speed, 5 they keep their original stats, under 5 they lose Grip, over 5 they gain grip) // Handling (Affect the regularity of your drivers, 10 it doesn´t, under 10 it affects it) // Reliability

100 -- 660-690 // 1-4 // 1-5 // 10000-16000
200 -- 670-710 // 1-4 // 1-5 // 9000-15000
300 -- 690-720 // 2-5 // 2-6 // 7000-14000
400 -- 710-750 // 3-6 // 3-7 // 5000-12000
500 -- 720-760 // 4-7 // 5-8 // 4000-11000
600 -- 730-770 // 4-8 // 6-9 // 3000-10000
700 -- 730-790 // 5-9 // 7-9 // 3000-9000
800 -- 740-800 // 6-10 // 8-10 // 2000-8000
900 -- 750-810 // 6-10 // 8-10 // 1000-7000

Only the team owner will get to know the stats of the chassis.

NEW: Team owners will now be able to upgrade Downforce (1= 200 credits) and Handling (1= 100 credits) as well as Reliability as in the past.

CHASSIS AGING

We introduce chassis aging, starting to count from 2015 season; so 2016 will be the 2nd season of the chassis for every team. We introduce a series of penalties for chassis age.

2nd Year -- -1000 reliability, -1 Handling
3rd Year -- -2000 reliability, -2 Downforce, -2 Handling
4th Year -- -4000 reliability, -2 Downforce, -2 Handling
5th Year -- -8000 reliability, -5 Downforce, -5 Handling

CHASSIS SELLING & DISPOSAL

You can dispose your chassis at the next rate:

after 1 year: 50% of initial investment/price
after 2 years: 40% of initial investment/price
after 3 years: 30% of initial investment/price
after 4 years: 20% of initial investment/price
after 5 years or more: You get nothing

Inter-team operations will be allowed with the knowledge of the commission. All inter-team operations will include aging and upgrades.

TYRE SYSTEM

You buy tyres from now on the same way you buy engine and chassis. There're 6 tyre manufacturers; 5 controlled by forum users and one controlled by the commission (which will be free); You'll get the stats of each manufacturer at the beggining of the season and you'll choose between a one year deal, or multiple year deals (which offer a 50% discount per year); manufacturers will be able to develop their tyres with the money they get from tyre contracts; being able to update the tyres every fourth race.

ENGINE SYSTEM

There'll be 11 manufacturers, (one of them offering engines for free), each offering one different engine. Teams will pay a yearly rate for engines instead of owning them. Some manufacturers will be able to have special agreements with some teams, which means those teams will get engine upgrades first. Like HRT will have preference over Holden engines or MRT over BMW.

- Teams won't be able to upgrade the engines on demand; instead, each manufacturer will offer a different upgrade plan. Each with their own upgrades and upgrade prices.

- There'll be a limit of 3 teams per manufacturer

- Everything will be very easy to understand when the engine market opens.

DRIVER UPGRADING

Teams won't be able to upgrade their drivers on demand; except through testing (See new Testing rules)

NEW PRIZE STRUCTURE

Drivers championship:

Winner: 150 cred.
2nd: 110 cr.
3rd: 90 cr.
4th: 75 cr.
5th: 60 cr.
6th: 50 cr.
7th: 40 cr.
8th: 35 cr.
9th: 30 cr.
10th: 25 cr.
11th: 20 cr.
12th: 15 cr.
13th: 10 cr.
14-15th: 5 cr.

Constructors:

Winner: 450 cr.
2nd: 350 cr.
3rd: 300 cr.
4th: 220 cr.
5th: 160 cr.
6th: 130 cr.
7th: 110 cr.
8th: 90 cr.
9th: 70 cr.
10th: 50 cr.

** Every other team scoring points outside the Top 10; 25 cr.

TV Money:

20th to 16th: 375 cr.
15th to 11th: 325 cr.
10th to 6th: 250 cr.
5th to 2nd: 150 cr.

PAY DRIVERS

* Teams will only be able to run one pay driver at a time (or can run 2 pay drivers performance-wise, but will only receive money from one)
* Pay drivers will pay more to low teams than to big teams:

20th to 16th (previous season): 40 cr./race (half if the driver doesn't qualify)
15th to 11th: 30 cr./race (half if the driver doesn't qualify)
10th to 6th: 20 cr./race (half if the driver doesn't qualify)
5th to 1st: 10 cr./race (half if the driver doesn't qualify)

** ALL OF THE PAY DRIVER CREDITS WHICH ARE NOT USED BY RACE 15 WILL BE FORFEITED. TEAMS WON'T BE ABLE TO UPGRADE CARS FOR THE LAST RACE OF THE SEASON. This is to stop the used and abused formula used by some teams to run one Pay Driver only to try and get up in the order for next season.

PRE-QUALIFYING;

-- An extra team will be thrown into Pre-Qualifying, Top 4 teams in Pre-Qualifying will go into Qualifying proper. We'll keep the actual formula for all the other rules regarding Pre-Qualifying.

NEW TESTING RULES

From 1st January 2016;

OFFICIAL TEST SESSIONS: Your usual treat of all the drivers. We'll have 3 official test sessions per season at the beggining. This sessions are free to attend for every team BUT WILL NOT BE MANDATORY, so if a team choses to hide their cards, it's ok to do so. The max. number of drivers per team is 2 for official test sessions. No exp. or grip points will be given during official test sessions. All entries to test sessions must be CONFIRMED; so if you don't confirm you're attending a test session, it will be understood you have no interest in attending the test.

PRIVATE TEST SESSIONS:

-- This sessions can have a max number of 4 drivers per team (for a grand total of 6 teams), 13 teams (with 2 drivers per team) and a max of 26 drivers overall.

-- Each test session must have its own wiki page listing the date, drivers and track involved.

-- Test sessions can happen at any permanent track which is available for Grand Prix 2, the commission can refuse a venue if the quality of the track does not meet basic standards (poor track layout, poor CC-Line, poor overall look...). Test sessions can't take part in championship venues before the date of the Grand Prix.

-- Test sessions have a cost for the teams; The cost will be 10 credits per session at the home country of a team or a test held in the 3 days after a Grand Prix, in the case of Grand Prix venues. The cost will be 20 credits por international tests. Teams without a track in their home countries can name a track at a nearby country to count as their "home track", testing there will cost 10 credits.

-- Pay drivers will pay 2 credits per session (only drivers without a race drive apply)

-- A driver shall only test for one team at a time during a test session

-- Each driver will gain 2 exp. points per session

-- Drivers will gain Grip points per session, the team owner must say if the team is focusing on qualifying or race pace during the test. Then the driver will be given grip points accordingly to the focus of the team. The number of grip points will depend solely on the number of drivers present at the team; the more drivers, the less track time your drivers will get and the less points they will gain, so.

1 Driver - 10 Grip points
2 Drivers - 5 Grip points
3 or 4 Drivers - 2 Grip points

-- You can also test your updates back to back to check how they work; Focusing on this won't give your drivers any experience or grip points, but it'll help you know how the new updates work. To make this work, I will set your drivers with a very low random grip range, so the driver gets consistent enough lap times to check how much they improve with the newer version of the car.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

The initial credits don't include the engine and the chassis 50% rate, or do they?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Shizuka wrote:The initial credits don't include the engine and the chassis 50% rate, or do they?

The initial credits DO include the 50% from engine sales, but DO NOT include the 50% from chassis sales.

And the next person that asks that question is gonna get clobbered over the back of the head by me. :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Thanks, that means 962 credits here (yeah, I'm selling the chassis probably).

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Yeah that's more credits for us then too. Gonna stick my neck on the line here, but Kingfisher could move up the grid some more this year.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Gonna stick my neck on the line and say that I am entering a team this year

Also could you rebadge engines if say the one you want is out of stock
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

roblomas52 wrote:Gonna stick my neck on the line and say that I am entering a team this year

Oh roblomas, you so funny.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Gonna stick my neck on the line and say that I am entering a team this year

There are 20 teams. You are 6th on the waiting list. You would need for more than a quarter of all the teams to drop out almost immediately for that to happen. Still, more unlikely things have been known to happen, I suppose...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

:gasmaskpalm:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

I think he was joking, guys...
Trump 2016
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Aerond wrote:You can still use him/her as a Pay Driver...

Only if the manager of the driver wants his driver to be a pay driver. Otherwise I am stuck with a driver that does not bring in any money and might be crap despite topping time sheets in official testing last season. Logically if a top F2RWRS driver brings in money then I should get something for bringing in a top F3RWRS, RoLFS or RICS driver...

Aerond wrote:New chassis system:
- Chassis building system: You decide how much you want to spend on your new chassis; then, depending on the ammount, I play a RNG game to determine the final stats of your chassis based on next table:

I am going to bang on about it again but the new chassis stats are far too linear. The old system did allow you to pick up a cheap chassis that could handle a high power engine, now it can't. The old system did have marked differences between cars and now it looks more like a stock chassis system....

Hopefully next year we can have a system where we can focus on development and be able to build a chassis with emphasis on say BHP and grip with handling suffering...

NEW: Team owners will now be able to upgrade Downforce (1= 200 credits) and Handling (1= 100 credits) as well as Reliability as in the past.

But not the BHP rating, which highlights a flaw in which the top teams can buy high powered engines and a decent chassis to use it but poorer or midfield teams can no longer gamble on getting a decent engine with a chassis that can handle it but may be unreliable or have poor handling. I would like to stiffen a car to handle higher BHP rating, As If I buy a new chassis and get lumbered with say the lower BHP rating for that chassis then I might as well not bother with the rest of the season.

PAY DRIVERS
* Teams will only be able to run one pay driver at a time (or can run 2 pay drivers performance-wise, but will only receive money from one)

Oh come on this is F1 Rejects, I would like to see the teams that scored no points be allowed to have a second pay driver even if they only get 50% of the credits for the second driver.

** ALL OF THE PAY DRIVER CREDITS WHICH ARE NOT USED BY RACE 15 WILL BE FORFEITED.

So basically a pay driver will only give us credits for 15 races with the 16 race being fun and japes?

TEAMS WON'T BE ABLE TO UPGRADE CARS FOR THE LAST RACE OF THE SEASON. This is to stop the used and abused formula used by some teams to run one Pay Driver only to try and get up in the order for next season.

There is a kettle calling a pot black... This really is going to punished the teams at the bottom and it makes no sense. If a team takes a pay driver then they should be allowed to take some credits forward to the next season. As the TV money and prequalifying cup does mean that midfield and the bottom teams get punished and they have no other avenues for extra funding for the next season.

NEW TESTING RULES
OFFICIAL TEST SESSIONS: All entries to test sessions must be CONFIRMED; so if you don't confirm you're attending a test session, it will be understood you have no interest in attending the test.

As long as we can confirm well in advance. I might be away for a few weeks during the testing and I would like to confirm I want to do all official tests...
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

SuperAguri wrote:
Aerond wrote:You can still use him/her as a Pay Driver...

Only if the manager of the driver wants his driver to be a pay driver. Otherwise I am stuck with a driver that does not bring in any money and might be crap despite topping time sheets in official testing last season. Logically if a top F2RWRS driver brings in money then I should get something for bringing in a top F3RWRS, RoLFS or RICS driver...

Aerond wrote:New chassis system:

I am going to bang on about it again but the new chassis stats are far too linear. The old system did allow you to pick up a cheap chassis that could handle a high power engine, now it can't. The old system did have marked differences between cars and now it looks more like a stock chassis system....

Hopefully next year we can have a system where we can focus on development and be able to build a chassis with emphasis on say BHP and grip with handling suffering...

But not the BHP rating, which highlights a flaw in which the top teams can buy high powered engines and a decent chassis to use it but poorer or midfield teams can no longer gamble on getting a decent engine with a chassis that can handle it but may be unreliable or have poor handling. I would like to stiffen a car to handle higher BHP rating, As If I buy a new chassis and get lumbered with say the lower BHP rating for that chassis then I might as well not bother with the rest of the season.

PAY DRIVERS

Oh come on this is F1 Rejects, I would like to see the teams that scored no points be allowed to have a second pay driver even if they only get 50% of the credits for the second driver.

** ALL OF THE PAY DRIVER CREDITS WHICH ARE NOT USED BY RACE 15 WILL BE FORFEITED.

So basically a pay driver will only give us credits for 15 races with the 16 race being fun and japes?

TEAMS WON'T BE ABLE TO UPGRADE CARS FOR THE LAST RACE OF THE SEASON. This is to stop the used and abused formula used by some teams to run one Pay Driver only to try and get up in the order for next season.

There is a kettle calling a pot black... This really is going to punished the teams at the bottom and it makes no sense. If a team takes a pay driver then they should be allowed to take some credits forward to the next season. As the TV money and prequalifying cup does mean that midfield and the bottom teams get punished and they have no other avenues for extra funding for the next season.

NEW TESTING RULES
OFFICIAL TEST SESSIONS: All entries to test sessions must be CONFIRMED; so if you don't confirm you're attending a test session, it will be understood you have no interest in attending the test.

As long as we can confirm well in advance. I might be away for a few weeks during the testing and I would like to confirm I want to do all official tests...

I might add the BHP thing, give me a few extra days.
I think I forfeited the rule of the 2 Pay Drivers the moment I introduced the forfeit of the credits after race 15. In race 16 pay driver credits are counted towards the following season. This formula is used to stop teams running pay drivers to have a big budget for the following season. It's stupid that a team like Tropico ends up with a top budget like at the beggining of the 2015 season. Equalising formulas are Ok, but there must be a difference. Otherwise there's no point in rewarding winners with anything and allowing such practise only penalises mid-field teams which don't get either prizes or much pay driver credits.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SuperAguri wrote:

I have to agree with this. My team would have had zero hope of making any progress without it. The new rules on pay drivers ensures the current hierarchy of teams will remain locked in for the forseeable future.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Stramala wrote:
SuperAguri wrote:

I have to agree with this. My team would have had zero hope of making any progress without it. The new rules on pay drivers ensures the current hierarchy of teams will remain locked in for the forseeable future.

Then there's no increase in Pay driver payments.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Stramala wrote:
SuperAguri wrote:

The costly prices of the new upgrades add that up, Stramala. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I think teams on the waiting list should have a special pre qualifying with the top 2 drivers advancing to the main qualifying
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

SuperAguri wrote:There is a kettle calling a pot black... This really is going to punished the teams at the bottom and it makes no sense. If a team takes a pay driver then they should be allowed to take some credits forward to the next season. As the TV money and prequalifying cup does mean that midfield and the bottom teams get punished and they have no other avenues for extra funding for the next season.

That is wrong; it just means you have to go up in the order in a different way; but you can earn waaaay more money through pay drivers right now.

But, possible ways of going up in the order by running pay drivers:

A) Upgrade your car/engine and finish in higher positions to get more credits.
B) Upgrade your car to sell it to another team for the price you fix.
C) Upgrade your car/engine at the end of the season then you'll know you'll have a competitive car at the beggining of the next and you can focuse your TV earnings in other things like better tyres or testing.

Or if not, propose me a solution; but getting a bazillion credits and do sod-all during the season is no more an option.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

roblomas52 wrote:I think teams on the waiting list should have a special pre qualifying with the top 2 drivers advancing to the main qualifying

I'll remind you, and sorry for the shouting, TEAMS ON WAITING LISTS HAVE NO RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE TO ANY F1RWRS RACE UNTIL THEY ARE OFFICIALLY LISTED IN THE ENTRY LIST.

Read this AGAIN and AGAIN or we will ask the Comission to kick you from the waiting list and ban you from RWRS. :evil:
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

FMecha wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I think teams on the waiting list should have a special pre qualifying with the top 2 drivers advancing to the main qualifying

I'll remind you, and sorry for the shouting, TEAMS ON WAITING LISTS HAVE NO RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE TO ANY F1RWRS RACE UNTIL THEY ARE OFFICIALLY LISTED IN THE ENTRY LIST.

Read this AGAIN and AGAIN or we will ask the Comission to kick you from the waiting list and ban you from RWRS. :evil:

No need to get angry, but basically, you have to wait your turn roblomas
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerond wrote:
FMecha wrote:

But this is getting so annoying so bad that I heard in IRC Salamander put roblomas on his (Salamander's) foe list. :evil:
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Ironic isn't it FMecha, when someone doesn't get the hint or makes stupid posts...

As for all this discussion on the rules and some moaning and others not, I just don't care. The rules are the rules. IT'S JUST A GAME.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

FMecha, your angry rants aren't funny. Tone down your mood.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Aerond wrote:
FMecha wrote:I'll remind you, and sorry for the shouting, TEAMS ON WAITING LISTS HAVE NO RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE TO ANY F1RWRS RACE UNTIL THEY ARE OFFICIALLY LISTED IN THE ENTRY LIST.

Firstly, I'm sorry if my comments have offended anyone.
Secondly, I wanted to add a hint of unpredictability to the racing.
That's the reasons why I said that
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Phoenix wrote:FMecha, your angry rants aren't funny. Tone down your mood.

I did put an advance sorry for that shouting, though. Okay, I'm out from this thread for time being. :|
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

FMecha wrote:
Phoenix wrote:FMecha, your angry rants aren't funny. Tone down your mood.

I did put an advance sorry for that shouting, though. Okay, I'm out from this thread for time being. :|

No, don't go away, but just calm down.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

^That's how I calm down - I think my social skills teacher used to say to calm down, you should go away from the situation... :|
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

SuperAguri wrote:

Now, if you had actually bothered to read the new rulebook like I told everyone too, you would have noticed the new article 4.2.7, which stated the following:

4.2.7 All money that has been earned from pay drivers within the first 12 races must be used before the final race of the season.

Why you may ask? Simple, pay driver credits are only awarded every four races.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I need to bump this up to have quick access; thanks!