Your Reject of the Race - Japan!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Captain Hammer

Your Reject of the Race - Japan!

Post by Captain Hammer »

Two sessions down, and the only Reject candidate so far is Mother Nature. But even then, it could amount to nothing: predictions are suggesting a wet qualifying and dry race.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
TomWazzleshaw

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Japan!

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The only candidate I can think of is the illness that's currently sidelining Timo Glock and even that isn't a very serious contender (Get well soon Timo)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Yes indeed. First candidate: the weather.

If I recall correctly, this entity has yet to receive an award, even though it plays a role of more or less importance in every GP.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Yannick wrote:Yes indeed. First candidate: the weather.

If I recall correctly, this entity has yet to receive an award, even though it plays a role of more or less importance in every GP.

Weather can't be the reject because it livens things up. Imagine how boring it would be if it was 70 degrees and sunny all the time.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Typhoon Ma-on did however get ROTR for the Japanese GP in 2004 ...
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

thehemogoblin wrote:

Weather can't be the reject because it livens things up. Imagine how boring it would be if it was 70 degrees and sunny all the time.

Au contraire. having 70 degrees of heat would make extremely interesting race, as we all would need to guess who even bloody finished.
Wait, you meant Fahrenheit? nvm then, i thought you were using the globally accepted standard of Celcius.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Ulfuls

Post by Ulfuls »

My ROTR vote is Vettel's Renault engine, which disintegrates spectacularly, four laps from the end, in the middle of 130R, with Vettel leading and one of the Brawns about three seconds back. Oil on the circuit sends the Brawn into the wall.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

DonTirri wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Au contraire. having 70 degrees of heat would make extremely interesting race, as we all would need to guess who even bloody finished.
Wait, you meant Fahrenheit? nvm then, i thought you were using the globally accepted standard of Celcius.

I'm American. I fart in the general direction of your globally-accepted anything.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

thehemogoblin wrote:I'm American. I fart in the general direction of your globally-accepted anything.

Yet you reference Python...
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

thehemogoblin wrote:
I'm American.

I'm so sorry for your situation.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

My ROTR thus far is Romain Grosjean for being slower than Kamui Kobayashi in both sessions.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
thalion

Post by thalion »

shinji wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:I'm American. I fart in the general direction of your globally-accepted anything.

Monty Python isn't even "globally accepted" in the entire English-speaking world, let alone the majority that does not speak English.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

DonTirri wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
I'm American.

:lol:

edit: Did this make both of us talibans?
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

So far, just boredom at the lack of track action. Think they'll actually come out of the pits for qualifying?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:
DonTirri wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
I'm American.

:lol:

edit: Did this make both of us talibans?

Yes. I'm calling President Bush and Toby Keith as we speak.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

shinji wrote:

Don't judge.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Lacking any other substancial ROTR I nominate The Hemogoblin for farting over the notorious and globally-accepted Celsius system.

PS: What?... It should be an honour, man!

Edit: :lol:
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Early vote for Kobayashi Debut, only 2 pratice sessions duration.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

Stop that, it's silly!
Making up the numbers
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Red Bull Stable drivers @ Degner curve.

Webber crashed in FP3, Buemi and Alguersuari have done do in qualifying.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Alguersuari's crash was just like both of his teammates' crashes.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

The Red Flag Quartet - Webber, Alguersuari, Glock and Kovalainen. All of them went off.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Captain Hammer wrote:The Red Flag Quartet - Webber, Alguersuari, Glock and Kovalainen. All of them went off.

I believe that unfairly leaves out Buemi, who damaged his car in both P1 and P2.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Degner curve

For now...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Fernando Alonso - Pre-penalty: "I'm sure tomorrow I'll start a lot higher than 12th". Post-penalty? 17th.

Do not advance to Ferrari. Do not collect 20€ million salary.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Has to be Brawn's strategist, probably Ross himself. In both Q2 and Q3 the Brawns were held right until the end so that they could only do one flying lap. This is risky as hell, particularly if you are going for the championship, because it puts you at the mercy of any small thing going wrong.. The incident with Buemi and the 5 place grid penalty was a direct result of this strategy.

Plus the fact that everyone else was doing two flying laps, because the second lap was quickest.

Incomprehensible. Maybe Piquet jnr and Symonds have been hired to do the Brawn strategy this week.

I just think Brawn were trying to be too clever. The Red Bull strategy of putting Vettel on the track and letting him drive quickly seemed much more sensible.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

DonTirri wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Actually the international standard is degrees Kelvin. :geek: At a sunny 70 the hazards would include crashing into lumps of solid carbon dioxide. :shock: Button would continue to have difficulty warming up his tyres.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Archie2K

Post by Archie2K »

Nuppiz wrote:Degner curve

For now...

Not at all. The curve isn't breaking up or having a river running across it or anything else dangerous. The drivers there are simply running out of talent. My limited experience of it on Gran Turismo indeed it is a nightmare to get right.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Archie2K wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Degner curve

For now...

Not at all. The curve isn't breaking up or having a river running across it or anything else dangerous. The drivers there are simply running out of talent. My limited experience of it on Gran Turismo indeed it is a nightmare to get right.

Oh yes, it was pain in the *** to get that Suzuka Driving Challenge with a souped-up NSX cleared, let alone trying to get gold in licence tests...

So drivers who can't navigate Degner properly, then :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Ross Prawn wrote:
DonTirri wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Actually the international standard is degrees Kelvin. :geek: At a sunny 70 the hazards would include crashing into lumps of solid carbon dioxide. :shock: Button would continue to have difficulty warming up his tyres.

Epic lolz :lol:

The obvious candidates so far are everyone except Vettel, Trulli, and Heidfeld. All the other drivers either; a) got penalties (Sutil, Button, Barrichello, Buemi, Alonso), b) binned in (Buemi twice, Kovalainen almost twice, Alguersuari, Glock, Webber), c) had the potential to qualify higher. If I had to single people out, it would be Buemi for crashing twice and being immature by littering the track with debris, and getting in everyone's way), and Brawn for running only one flying lap in the final session.

This gives me hope that at 20, there's still a chance for my to climb the racing ladder. And I consider the Dagner curves to be one of my best corners on Gran Turismo (coast through 1, apex and accelerate through 2, easy), it's the Casio Triangle I have problems with :x
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Denger Curve is great fun, but I take an odd line through it: go as far left as possible, brake as late as you dare, give an almighty swing to the right, let it coast for a moment, then hammer down on the power and graze the apex, letting the car's power pull you though. It's not particularly pretty and it's difficult as hell in a proper racing car, but my word is it fun.

Of course, it's just a video game. I feel like doing a few laps now, come to think of it.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ross Prawn wrote:Actually the international standard is degrees Kelvin. :geek: At a sunny 70 the hazards would include crashing into lumps of solid carbon dioxide. :shock: Button would continue to have difficulty warming up his tyres.

:lol: That's going in my signature.

As for Degner, I never really had problems with it. Spoon, on the other hand, catches me out often.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

Suzuka track is seperating boys from pussies...... My reject is Buemi looking at all his qualifying incidents. Ok he got into Q3 only because car is faster, he is no special talent. He and Algersauri drove like maniacs, if I was one of steward, I would have banned both from race.
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
Mister Fungus

Post by Mister Fungus »

But if he had not crashed and if he had drove carefully, you would call him a pussy?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Nin13 wrote:Suzuka track is seperating boys from pussies

Neither of them is a good thing.

ROTR can't be Buemi because he's spiced up the Championship battle.
I'd say it would be Glock - the Toyota's going very well, but he should had to spoil it all and get the flu and crash.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

shinji wrote:

ROTR can't be Buemi because he's spiced up the Championship battle.
I'd say it would be Glock - the Toyota's going very well, but he should had to spoil it all and get the flu and crash.

He should have just let Kobayashi do the race.
Enrique Bernoldi

Post by Enrique Bernoldi »

Timo Glock is definately the early contender for me so far. Based on where Trulli qualified, the Toyota team have had some real speed at Suzuka and I feel Glock has missed out on a great opportunity to score some points by crashing on what is probably the easiest bend on the circuit. And starting from the pit-lane is reject-worthy for any driver. :)
Supporting the guys at the back since 1999. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Timo Glock for binning it at what isn't really even a corner.
Sebastien Buemi for wrecking a fast car. Ditto Alguersuari.
Heikki Kovalainen for copying the STR noobs.
Sebastien Buemi for ruining Sutil's 4th place.

And yeah, I know, I did Buemi twice.

On video games at least, Degner is actually my best corner in the whole track. Probably because I use 101% of the kerbing on the outside of Degner 1, not the 150% Buemi did :lol: Hate Spoon Curve though.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DonTirri

Post by DonTirri »

kostas22 wrote:On video games at least, Degner is actually my best corner in the whole track. Probably because I use 101% of the kerbing on the outside of Degner 1, not the 150% Buemi did :lol: Hate Spoon Curve though.

I love Suzuka in F1 challenge. Well, save for that GODDAMN CHICANE. I hate chicanes :(
Denger is a fun curve, and Spoon can be a blast if you get your line right. But the GODDAMN CHICANE...

Anyhow, on topic: my ROTR pick atm is Toyota team management for putting Glock out on the track today in the shape he was in.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji wrote:

Huh... :?

ROTR for the idiots who failed to get off the throttle under yellow flags, no discussion about this. 5 place drop is nothing, drop them to the last places on the grid, or make them start from the pit-lane with a 1-lap handicap.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!