F1WRCR 1952 season - driver ratings up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1WRCR 1952 season - United States Grand Prix up!

Post by pasta_maldonado »

BBBM will vote +1 for Rouen, ad -1 for Bremgarten
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fritz will go -1 on Rouen-les-Essarts and 0 Bremgarten

Rouen-les-Essarts 0
Bremgarten +5
8 VOTES
Officially Retired
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

B.Bira says:
It was a good thing that I could finish the race, but the car was very difficult to handle today, so I just couldn't drive faster. It was obviously a race with not a lot attrition, so I failed to get any points. I have to go all for victory in the last race and hope something happens to Farina.

John Fitch says:
I'm happy I got the opportunity. I know the track so I gave all the necessary help to Bira. My car was lacking speed this time and couldn't do any better. Obviously I am happy to finish and this was good experience. I'm probably staying in US though, but I want to race in Sebring next year as well.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Rouen-les-Essarts +1
Bremgarten -1
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Bermgarten +1
Rouen -1 (The track is too unsafe for F1)
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

The vote is over: Bremgarten returns to the calendar, Rouen will be gone for 1953.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

So, before I continue with the final race (which may have to wait, since exams are getting closer), I'd just like to lay out a few plans for next season's entry process.

With seperate members controlling manufacturers and teams, the process will first be open for manufacturers (without which there wouldn't be a championship). The existing manufacturers, if they already have a team themselves, will be reserved for their current owners, unless they do not wish to continue. Once, say, five manufacturers are confirmed, entries may start (of course, manufacturers may still enter at any point after that). Manufacturers may have a works team, and sell cars to customer teams. Manufacturers may build solely engines or chassis if they so wish.

How does this sound?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Yeah
Officially Retired
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

tommykl wrote:So, before I continue with the final race (which may have to wait, since exams are getting closer), I'd just like to lay out a few plans for next season's entry process.

With seperate members controlling manufacturers and teams, the process will first be open for manufacturers (without which there wouldn't be a championship). The existing manufacturers, if they already have a team themselves, will be reserved for their current owners, unless they do not wish to continue. Once, say, five manufacturers are confirmed, entries may start (of course, manufacturers may still enter at any point after that). Manufacturers may have a works team, and sell cars to customer teams. Manufacturers may build solely engines or chassis if they so wish.

How does this sound?

Alfa is going with that, yes.

Also, due to the stubbornness of Enzo Ferrari, I am going to keep my trio of drivers for next season. Unless someone proposes a deal involving Fangio. Whitehead excluded! :twisted:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:Also, due to the stubbornness of Enzo Ferrari, I am going to keep my trio of drivers for next season. Unless someone proposes a deal involving Fangio. Whitehead excluded! :twisted:

If Aston Martin don't mind, we might negotiate over having Fangio and JAMR for 1953 ;)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Exams have just started, so I'll close the entry list for the Australian Grand Prix. I'll start running the weekend when I'm done with them, in two weeks.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

November 1st 1952, Australian Grand Prix qualifying

This season has ended up largely like 1951. Farina has led for most of the way, yet has failed to win a race so far. Gordini and Talbot-Lago both had good starts to the season, but have failed to keep their momentum, while Ferraris have dominated the second half of the season, with five wins, including the preceding four races. Despite this, Farina has managed to score four second places, and comes to Leyburn with a 7.5 point lead over Bira, the only other mathematical challenger. Bira will have to win and hope that Farina does not finish in the top four. If Farina finishes fourth, Bira has to score the fastest lap to take the championship.

Despite the long distance, 35 drivers are present at the remote airfield circuit, including eight locals.

1. B. Bira (Motorsport Bleu)
2. Lex Davison (Motorsport Bleu)
3. Louis Chiron (Scuderia Commesso)
4. Tony Gaze (Scuderia Commesso)
5. Toulo de Graffenried (Scuderia Ferrari)
6. Dorino Serafini (Scuderia Ferrari)
7. Reg Parnell (Scuderia Ferrari)
8. Doug Whiteford (Ecurie Australie)
9. Jack Brabham (Ecurie Australie)
10. David McKay (Ecurie Australie)
11. Robert Manzon (Alexander Racing Team)
12. Consalvo Sanesi (Alexander Racing Team)
14. Johnny Claes (Claes Racing Developments)
15. Lance Macklin (Claes Racing Developments)
16. Harry Schell (Ferrari America)
17. Troy Ruttman (Ferrari America)
18. José Froilan Gonzalez (Jaguar - Aston Martin Racing)
19. Piero Taruffi (Jaguar - Aston Martin Racing)
20. Edgar Barth (Team Ultimate)
21. Paul Frère (Officine Alfieri Maserati)
22. Warwick Pratley (Scuderia Maremmana)
23. John McMillan (Scuderia Maremmana)
24. Eric Brandon (Scuderia Maremmana)
25. Nello Pagani (Redman Racing Team)
26. Stan Jones (Redman Racing Team)
27. Giovanni Bracco (Scuderia Ambrosiana)
28. Porfirio Rubirosa (Scuderia Ambrosiana)
29. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo SpA)
30. Juan Manuel Fangio (Alfa Romeo SpA)
31. Stirling Moss (Alfa Romeo SpA)
32. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix Racing Organisation)
33. Geoff Richardson (British Bentley Racing Motors)
34. Tony Bettenhausen (Jaguar - Aston Martin Racing)
35. Marcel Balsa (Officine Alfieri Maserati)
36. Maurice Trintignant (Jaguar - Aston Martin Racing)

-The second Bleu Talbot-Lago will be driven by the young Lex Davison, who finished third at Bathurst in 1947.
-After taking the season off championship racing to try his hand at non-championship races, Tony Gaze returns for his home race in his first drive for an actual team, Commesso.
-Ecurie Australie make their second appearance after the 1950 Indy 500. The drivers are 1950 race winner Doug Whiteford, young rally driver David McKay and multi-midget champion Jack Brabham.
-After Trintignant's top ten finish at Sebring, Maserati return to two cars, for regular driver Paul Frère and Marcel Balsa.
-Due to a lack of Australia-based drivers, Garage Francorchamps will not be present at this race.
-Scuderia Maremmana return for their final race under this form. Eric Brandon is the sole European driver this time, as the other two cars are handed to 1951 winner Warwick Pratley and New Zealand GP winner John McMillan.
-For their home race, Redman racing team will field a second Maserati for the up-and-coming Stan Jones.
-Maria Teresa de Filippis has chosen not to make the trip to the USA.
-Bentley revert to a single car for Geoff Richardson.
-JAMR will exceptionnally field a foruth car for the drive-less Maurice Trintignant, who brought them their first podium last year.

With less than ten drivers not making the grid, pre-qualifying will not be run.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying performance

Farina - 84
Serafini - 85
Gonzalez - 88
McKay - 89
Jones - 89
Bira - 92
Rubirosa - 92
Parnell - 94
Brabham - 95
Trintignant - 95
Taruffi - 97
de Graffenried - 98
Claes - 98
Barth - 99
Richardson - 99
Davison - 101
Frère - 101
Ascari - 101
Bettenhausen - 101
Chiron - 102
Sanesi - 102
Schell - 103
Brandon - 103
Bracco - 103
Macklin - 104
Pagani - 104
McMillan - 105
Gaze - 107
Manzon - 107
Moss - 107
Whiteford - 109
Balsa - 110
Pratley - 111
Ruttman - 112
Fangio - 113

Much to the depression of Motorsport Bleu and the rest of the field...

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying results

1. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) - 2:45.1
2. Dorino Serafini (Ferrari) - 2:45.3
3. Reg Parnell (Ferrari) - 2:46.7
4. B. Bira (Talbot-Lago-Talbot) - 2:46.8
5. Toulo de Graffenried (Ferrari) - 2:47.4
6. José Froilan Gonzalez (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 2:47.6
7. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix-Ferrari) - 2:48.3
8. Piero Taruffi (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 2:48.4
9. Porfirio Rubirosa (Ambrosiana-Maserati) - 2:48.5
10. Maurice Trintignant (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 2:48.6
11. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) - 2:48.7
12. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 2:49.0
13. Harry Schell (Ferrari) - 2:49.1
14. Johnny Claes (Maserati) - 2:49.2
15. Robert Manzon (Gordini) - 2:49.3
16. Eric Brandon (Ferrari-Jaguar) - 2:49.4
17. Stirling Moss (Alfa Romeo) - 2:49.6
18. Stan Jones (Maserati) - 2:49.7
19. Nello Pagani (Maserati) - 2:49.8
20. Edgar Barth (Ultimate-BMW) - 2:49.9
21. Giovanni Bracco (Ambrosiana-Maserati) - 2:50.0
22. Louis Chiron (Maserati-Ferrari) - 2:50.1
23. Juan Manuel Fangio (Alfa Romeo) - 2:50.2
24. Troy Ruttman (Ferrari) - 2:50.3
25. Paul Frère (Maserati) - 2:50.5
26. Lance Macklin (Maserati) - 2:50.7
27. Lex Davison (Talbot-Lago-Talbot) - 2:50.9
28. Geoff Richardson (Bentley) - 2:51.2
29. John McMillan (Ferrari-Jaguar) - 2:51.5
30. David McKay (HWM-Alta) - 2:51.6
31. Tony Gaze (Maserati-Ferrari) - 2:52.2
32. Warwick Pratley (Ferrari-Jaguar) - 2:52.4
33. Jack Brabham (HWM-Alta) - 2:52.5
34. Doug Whiteford (Talbot-Lago-Talbot) - 2:53.2
35. Marcel Balsa (Maserati) - 2:53.4

Ferrari put all three cars in the top five, Bira is well placed to take advantage of an eventual retirement from Farina, JAMR place all four cars in the top twelve, and Stan Jones stuns the crowd by not only being the only local driver to make the grid, but also by being the quickest Maserati driver in the field. Fangio and Ruttman disappoint majorly, but still make the grid, while Marcel Balsa shows why he's not in a top car at the moment.

Aerospeed

Re: F1WRCR 1952 season - Australia qualifying up!

Post by Aerospeed »

6th place!!!! :)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Gazzetta dello sport (translated) wrote:Dramatic scenes throw Australian GP into chaos as Alfa Romeo pit garage is thrashed by fans

Following the official results of the qualifying that showed Giuseppe Farina on pole, a large group of fans from several other teams, outraged by seeing another year of Alfa and Farina domination, decided to take matters with their own hands and proceeded to subdue the local security, invade the paddock, trash both Alfa's pit garage and motorhome and injuring half a dozen mechanics who were still working on the cars. Many of these fans were later arrested, with the police revealing that most of them were non-Australian citizens, coming mostly from Europe and had merchandise from smaller teams. Many in the paddock believe that much more could have been done to safeguard those who were attacked in terms of security as there were some signs that something like this could happen and a member of other big team, who wished to remain anonymous, promptly blamed F1WRCR organization for implicitly disgruntling fans who were already growing weary of the grip Alfa has had in the sport. Meanwhile, Alfa Romeo's own participation was doubtful for most of the evening and night due to damage made to the cars and lack of still useful spare parts until all the remaining mechanics, with the help of some rival teams mechanics too, managed to assemble one working car using all the material that was spared by the angry fans. Logically, Alfa informed that Farina would get to drive this car which immediately caused Fangio to book a flight home on race day vowing to never drive for Alfa Romeo again and thus ending rumours of this already being his last year driving for the Italian Manufacturer. It was Moss, though, who launched the future of the team into doubt by saying that it depended on the team if he was going to be back for them next year. There were no comments from Alfa on this matter though.
Last edited by DanielPT on 19 Jun 2013, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Race organizers wrote:Following Alfa Romeo's announcement that Fangio and Moss would not take part in tomorrow's race in order to ensure the participation of Giuseppe Farina, we have decided to open their spots on the grid for the two fastest drivers who failed to qualify. Therefore, Lex Davison and Geoff Richardson will start the race from 25th and 26th places respectively.

Also, for the sake of realism, when I add comments after posting results (usually against Farina, true), they're supposed to be comments by the media, not the governing body. Oh, and Alfa haven't been dominating since late 1950. If anything, it's Ferrari that have been dominant. It's just that Farina has the insane luck of the Ferrari drivers not scoring whenever they don't win. In fact, Alfa Romeo hasn't won a single race since the 1951 British Grand Prix :lol:

Oh, and thanks for providing the news stories, it makes things much more exciting :)

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

tommykl wrote:Also, for the sake of realism, when I add comments after posting results (usually against Farina, true), they're supposed to be comments by the media, not the governing body.

:oops: I always though it was some sort of government body. What is more shameful is that I think that you had cleared that up once and I had forgot about it.

tommykl wrote: Oh, and Alfa haven't been dominating since late 1950. If anything, it's Ferrari that have been dominant. It's just that Farina has the insane luck of the Ferrari drivers not scoring whenever they don't win. In fact, Alfa Romeo hasn't won a single race since the 1951 British Grand Prix :lol:

Vettel only was really dominant in 2011. Still... :P

tommykl wrote:Oh, and thanks for providing the news stories, it makes things much more exciting :)

You are welcome! ;)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

By the way, I have a message to Ferrari.

Alfa told me they will now want Whitehead in exchange of Fangio. Unless Aston Martin comes up with a better deal that is.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Race performance

Taruffi -18
Pagani -17
Bracco -17
Davison -16
Richardson -14
Brandon -12
Bira -10
Frère -6
Serafini -5
Macklin -4
Claes -3
Schell -3
Barth -2
Sanesi 1
Manzon 3
Trintignant 5
de Graffenried 9
Rubirosa 11
Ruttman 11
Bettenhausen 12
Ascari 13
Farina 18
Gonzalez 26
Jones 27
Parnell 35
Chiron 39

Discuss.

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Bathplug

In other news I am likely going to withdraw from full time competition for 1953. This is the start of me reducing my involvement in several leagues as I just have almost no spare time at tme monent.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

November 2nd 1952, Australian Grand Prix

Due to the epic nature of the race for the championship, instead of having the media write race reports as usual, the championship organizers decided to gather all the drivers themselves, and have them talk about the race from their point of view. The newspapers would publish the interview themselves.

Giuseppe Farina: "When I learned that the garage had been almost destroyed, I was really afraid that I wouldn't be able to compete. When Gioacchino (Colombo) called me to tell me that a car was put together for me, I was relieved, because I had a chance to race for the championship instead of sitting on the sidelines and hoping."

B. Bira: "When the news came, I remember cursing the fans who did this. This was no way to win a championship. When I learned Nino would be racing, I was happy, because I knew that if I won the title, it would have been in a straight fight. Due to the last-minute nature of his car, I knew he wouldn't be competitive enough to challenge for the win. I was more worried about Dorino."

Dorino Serafini: "My car had been working perfectly in qualifying, and I was confident that I could win again this time. I didn't get away cleanly, so I chose to take a defensive line into the first corner, and I managed to keep second place while Nino flew ahead."

Toulo de Graffenried: "I had a terrific start and passed Bira almost immediately, but Dorino was blocking very nicely, and I couldn't pass him."

Harry Schell: "I also had a great start. I passed three cars into the first corner!"

Farina: "I led the first lap, but the car didn't feel as good as yesterday. It was slower down the straights and unstable through the corners. I knew I wouldn't be able to pick up the pace, and when Dorino came up behind to pass, I let him through. He was on fire, so I hoped he would keep the lead and win me my championship!"

Bira: "I knew from the first lap that the Talbot would be quick enough to win, but I didn't want to push just yet. I let Dorino and Nino have their fun at the front, so I could see what they could do. Dorino was very fast, as expected, and was the biggest threat for an eventual victory, but that threat disappeared quickly, when he lost the back end at the first corner."

Serafini: "I was entering the first corner when Nino tried a deep move. I was really surprised and lost my concentration just a little while. I put a wheel on the grass and ended up in the straw bales. Race over."

Farina: "I had just taken out my best chance at winning the title. I knew I couldn't keep the lead, so now I could only hope that Bira wouldn't win the race."

Reg Parnell: "Like Nino, I had car trouble, and my setup was subpar, so I couldn't keep the pace. I knew I wouldn't be competing for the race win."

de Graffenried: "Speaking of winning, I was succeeding where Reg couldn't, and I was challenging Nino for the lead. Evidently, his car was in trouble."

José Froilan Gonzalez: "Speaking of car problems, I had quite a few problems as well. The gearbox was misfiring from the start, and I simply couldn't do anything other than lose positions. I decided to end the humiliation after eight laps. I had lost nine positions."

Alberto Ascari: "I'd been very quick in the first few laps, and I found myself in third place, having found my way past Parnell."

Bira: "I was seventh, I believe, and biding my time. To show that I had the pace, I decided to give my all on one lap, to ensure I scored the fastest lap of the race. I gained four places on that lap."

Ascari: "And just like that, I was back to fifth place."

Parnell: "That didn't last long, did it? I passed you again two laps later, if you haven't forgotten..."

Bira: "I didn't. It's hard to forget Alberto and Robert both catching up as well."

Ascari and Robert Manzon: "Catching up AND passing!"

Bira: "Yes, that too. Though that didn't matter, because I soon saw a very pleasing sight: an Alfa stopped by the side of the road."

Farina: "I'd pushed my car too hard to keep some points, and the engine blew. As soon as I stopped, I immediately started counting the drivers. I saw a Ferrari first, which must have been Reg, then Alberto, Robert and Maurice before Bira went past. All I could do was hope that five cars would be too much for him. At least Porfirio soon stopped as well to keep me company."

Bira: "As an answer, I passed Maurice on the next lap!"

Schell: "Quit bragging, I left you in the dust on that same lap!"

Trintignant: "And you only passed me because I was distracted by Piero spinning ahead of me!"

Piero Taruffi: "Sorry about that..."

Parnell: "So, I found myself in second place, but a long distance behind Toulo, and having to defend from Alberto."

Ascari: "That didn't last long, though, I couldn't keep the pace."

Manzon: "Neither could I, and Harry and Bira passed me soon as well."

Bira: "That was when I started attacking. It wasn't easy, because Harry, Alberto and Reg gave me a hard time. But I knew from my pit board that even if I got past them, Toulo was too far ahead at the time."

de Graffenried: "I was? To be honest, I never looked at the pitboard, I was too busy enjoying the race lead. Looking back, I probably should have, because my car broke down, and when I got back to the pits, the mechanics started yelling at me in Italian. Oops."

Ascari: "So I was in the lead! I couldn't quite believe it, and with Harry, Reg and Bira just behind, I knew what I had to do."

Schell: "I still have no idea how you managed to pull away like that..."

Ascari: "It's not like it mattered, you were back on my tail in no time."

Bira: "Meanwhile, I took third place after Reg ran into the escape road, for some reason."

Parnell: "That reason was a Talbot spinning just ahead!"

Lex Davison: "Sorry. My bad."

Bira: "That didn't matter much, though, because I started to slow down again a couple of laps later, and you caught up."

Trintignant: "And he brought me along with him!"

Bira: "Don't remind me. So, by the halfway point, I was still only in fifth place, and Harry and Alberto were now well ahead."

LAP 29/58
Last edited by tommykl on 21 Jun 2013, 11:56, edited 2 times in total.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Aaaaand I just realised than I completely forgot to add the performance advantage before the race :oops: So I guess I'll have to start the race report from scratch...

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

tommykl wrote:Aaaaand I just realised than I completely forgot to add the performance advantage before the race :oops: So I guess I'll have to start the race report from scratch...

Just for you to know, I am past my finger nails and blood is starting to pour... :)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

DanielPT wrote:
tommykl wrote:Aaaaand I just realised than I completely forgot to add the performance advantage before the race :oops: So I guess I'll have to start the race report from scratch...

Just for you to know, I am past my finger nails and blood is starting to pour... :)

The retirements don't change, but pace will be different. At the moment, it's like everyone is driving spec cars, really.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Part deux

Schell: "And I was still trying to extend my lead. I knew I could win this race!"

Bira: "So, while you two were having fun, I slipstreamed past Maurice and Reg to take third place again. I was also catching up to Alberto."

Ascari: "I wasn't about to give up, so I started pushing again, and passed Harry for the lead a few laps later."

Schell: "And Bira passed me on the very next lap, so I was third."

Bira: "This left me in a very nice second place, with roughly twenty laps remaining."

Farina: "I was biting my nails, at this point. I had to rely on Alberto winning the race for me to win the title."

Bira: "I wasn't going to make that easy for you, Nino! I started to catch up to Alberto fairly quickly as well. But when I was right behind me, an Aston spun ahead of us."

Tony Bettenhausen: "That must have been me. Sorry guys. I was trying too hard to get past Eric. Nice defending, by the way!"

Eric Brandon: "Thanks, Tony!"

Ascari: "No need to apologise, you gave me a few more laps to breathe!"

Bira: "Not to me, because Maurice ended up just behind me. Luckily, I managed to leave him there. I was focused on Alberto just ahead of me."

Ascari: "You didn't really have to, I skidded on some oil two laps later..."

Bira: "So that's why you were down the escape road!"

Ascari: "I managed to continue anyway, but you were too far away from me, and I was behind Maurice and Harry. That didn't last long though, since I passed them on the next lap anyway."

Schell: "Hey, I was ahead again two laps later, remember?"

Ascari: "Yeah, but you span off on the next lap!"

Schell: "Fair enough. I hit some oil and lost the car. And points."

Brandon: "My bad."

Bira: So, with ten laps to go, I was well ahead."

Ascari: "I was second."

Johnny Claes: "I was third, somehow."

Farina: "I was depressed."

Trintignant: "Fourth..."

Parnell: "Fifth.

Manzon: "Sixth!"

Nello Pagani: "Seventh?"

Consalvo Sanesi: "Eighth, then."

Giovanni Bracco: "Ninth!"

Troy Ruttman: "Tenth..."

Edgar Barth: "Eleventh?"

Paul Frère: "Twelfth"

Lance Macklin: "Thirteenth"

Geoff Richardson: "Fourteenth"

Louis Chiron: "Fifteenth"

Stan Jones: "Which put me last, then."

Bira: "Now, I won the race fairly easily, and ended up lapping all of you, but I ended up in the middle of the huge battle you were all having, so I'll let you tell all about it."

Trintignant: "It was basically seeing who would make the least mistakes. I was the first to do so, and fell back a bit, but everyone was so busy fighting each other that I was back in the pack in only one lap!."

Sanesi: "I, for one, didn't make any mistakes, and quickly broke away. I saw Alberto just ahead earlier than I expected."

Ascari: "I was having trouble. I had pushed the whole day, and I was getting very tired at the wheel. I didn't have the strength to resist you, or Reg for that matter."

Parnell: "I was in the same situation as Consalvo, only I was held up a bit more, so I couldn't make up the gap."

Manzon: "The rest of us were basically constantly changing positions for fourth place. We crossed the finish line just behind Bira. I believe we were five abreast, with Nello, Maurice, Alberto, Johnny and myself."

Bira: "Indeed. While lapping you, I kept wondering how you were managing to stay on the track. Anyway, I won the race, and Nino was having a nervous breakdown."

1. B. Bira (Talbot-Lago-Talbot) 2:46:27.6
2. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) +1 lap
3. Reg Parnell (Ferrari) +1 lap
4. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix-Ferrari) +2 laps
5. Robert Manzon (Gordini) +2 laps
6. Nello Pagani (Maserati) +2 laps
7. Johnny Claes (Maserati) +2 laps
8. Maurice Trintignant (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +2 laps
9. Giovanni Bracco (Ambrosiana-Maserati) +3 laps/Transmission
10. Troy Ruttman (Ferrari) +3 laps
11. Edgar Barth (Ultimate-BMW) +3 laps
12. Paul Frère (Maserati) +3 laps
13. Lance Macklin (Maserati) +4 laps
14. Geoff Richardson (Bentley) +4 laps
15. Louis Chiron (Maserati-Ferrari) +5 laps
16. Stan Jones (Maserati) +5 laps
Ret. Harry Schell (Ferrari) +12 laps/Spun off
Ret. Eric Brandon (Ferrari-Jaguar) +13 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +18 laps/Spun off
Ret. Lex Davison (Talbot-Lago-Talbot) +35 laps/Spun off
Ret. Toulo de Graffenried (Ferrari) +38 laps/Engine
Ret. Piero Taruffi (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +44 laps/Spun off
Ret. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) +46 laps/Engine
Ret. Porfirio Rubirosa (Ambrosiana-Maserati) +46 laps/Engine
Ret. José Froilan Gonzalez (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +51 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Dorino Serafini (Ferrari) +56 laps/Spin
DNS. Juan Manuel Fangio (Alfa Romeo) Car unavailable
DNS. Stirling Moss (Alfa Romeo) Car unavailable

Fastest lap: B. Bira (Talbot-Lago-Talbot) 2:46.7

Ascari, Manzon, Pagani, Claes and Trintignant were separated by less than a second.

Championship standings
Drivers
1. B. Bira - 30
2. Giuseppe Farina - 28.5
3. Reg Parnell - 22
4. Robert Manzon - 20.5
5. Dorino Serafini - 17 (2 wins)
6. Alberto Ascari - 17 (1 2nd, 2 3rds)
7. Consalvo Sanesi - 17 (1 2nd, 1 3rd)
8. Toulo de Graffenried - 13 (1 win)
9. Juan Manuel Fangio - 13 (1 2nd)
10. André Simon - 12
11. Tony Bettenhausen - 10
12. Troy Ruttman - 9
13. Piero Taruffi - 8
14. Harry Schell - 7
15. Giovanni Bracco - 6
16. Eric Brandon - 4
17. Peter Whitehead - 2 (1 5th, 2 6ths)
18. Johnny Claes - 2 (1 5th, 1 6th, 1 7th)
19. Nello Pagani - 2 (1 5th, 1 6th, 1 9th)

Constructors
1. Ferrari - 47
2. Talbot-Lago-Talbot - 41
3. Alfa Romeo - 35.5
4. Gordini - 29.5
5. Phoenix-Ferrari - 17
6. Aston Martin-Jaguar - 14
7. Ambrosiana-Maserati - 6
8. Ferrari-Jaguar - 4 (1 3rd)
9. Maserati - 4 (2 5ths)

Entrants
1. Motorsport Bleu - 41
2. Scuderia Ferrari - 40
3. Alfa Romeo SpA - 35.5
4. Alexander Racing Team - 28.5
5. Phoenix Racing Organisation - 17
6. Jaguar - Aston Martin Racing - 14
7. Group Ultimate - 11
8. Scuderia Ambrosiana - 6
9. Scuderia Maremmana - 4
10. Claes Racing Developments - 2 (1 5th, 1 6th, 1 7th)
11. Redman Racing Team - 2 (1 5th, 1 6th, 1 9th)

B. Bira wins the driver's title, barely pipping Farina. Motorsport Bleu win the entrant's title, becoming the first team other than Ferrari or Alfa Romeo to even finish in the top two. The same goes to Talbot-Lago-Talbot as a constructor, who finish second in the constructor's table behind Ferrari, who successfully defend their title thanks to Troy Ruttman.

A full season review will be up in the coming days.
Last edited by tommykl on 26 Jan 2015, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

Shadaza

Re: F1WRCR 1952 season - Australia race up!

Post by Shadaza »

It's a fix!
- Team Ultimate - Ferrari.
Message me on Discord.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

That was a great race there! Very surprising result. But how will Ferrari explain their way out of this one??[
quote="Shadaza"]It's a fix!
- Team Ultimate - Ferrari.[/quote]
:lol:
Trulli bad puns...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

With Trintignant finishing 8th for Jaguar-Aston Martin, he does one place better than he did for Maserati previous race. As promised, he will choose the team that gave him the best result, namely JAMR. (but it has been close)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Maserati plans to keep one between Frére and Marimón to a full-seat in 1953 (the 'loser' would be entried for selected races)
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

A nice little finish there for the splendid Bentley. At the moment, we would like to resign all of our drivers for next year. tommykl, if possible, could you come up with a list of all drivers this year and their contracts? It'd help to avoid a lot of people trying to claim contracted drivers and whatnot :)

----EDIT: Cant believe I made that mistake....... :| ------
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 23 Jun 2013, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:A nice little finish their for the splendid Bentley. At the moment, we would like to resign all of our drivers for next year. tommykl, if possible, could you come up with a list of all drivers this year and their contracts? It'd help to avoid a lot of people trying to claim contracted drivers and whatnot :)

I'll give such a list shortly :)

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

This wrote:With Trintignant finishing 8th for Jaguar-Aston Martin, he does one place better than he did for Maserati previous race. As promised, he will choose the team that gave him the best result, namely JAMR. (but it has been close)

With that announcement, JAMR will likely sign Trintignant, Bettenhausen and Gonzalez, leaving one car left remaining for Wizzie to choose, and for him to confirm all other entrants. I presume he would allow them all to be signed. :)

Now we aim for the top spot in the constructors! And the entrants :P
Trulli bad puns...
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Pending the relationship with Ferrari our plans for 1953 are:

Ultimate-BMW
- Edgar Barth

Ferrari America
- Troy Ruttman
- Harry Schell
- (extra seat to be potentially decided by Ferrari)

Edgar has impressed by regularly qualifying for races in the entirely new car, sometimes pulling off near miraculous performances against much more fancied efforts.
Meanwhile Ruttman and Schell have both done enough to keep their ferrari drives even if their pace can be a little inconsistent. Ruttman won the Dutch race for us and Schell is very fast in races, nearly winning in Australia.

Though should Harry Schell wish to drive for Motorsport Bleu he is free to leave.

I know the wiki isn't that updated for this series, but Edgar Barth is East German, not from the UK!
Message me on Discord.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

OSCA will announce their plans as soon as the budgets are revealed. The only thing I can confirm now is that OSCA would like to continue with Felice Bonetto.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Shadaza wrote:I know the wiki isn't that updated for this series, but Edgar Barth is East German, not from the UK!

I'm updating the wiki as I type this, and the issue has been fixed in the current draft, but I'l have to complete it tomorrow ;)

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Ferrari are happy to continue our relationship with Ultimate and supply some cars.

Ferrari will keep Serafini and Parnell for next season, and take up Alfa's offer to swap Whitehead and Fangio (if they're still up for it). As for de Graffenried, we'd recommend that Ferrari America run him in their third car, unless we don't get Fangio.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

But there's a consolation prize for Maserati, as ENB is likely to buy one of your cars, part of extending the existing contract. (this gives you a reason te keep Frère, who has been, frankly, totally unnoticeable)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Looks like Mike Hawthorn isn't under contract. I'll snag him if that's the case.
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

The Redman Racing Team confirms that it will keep Nello Pagani for next season, and still run the old Maserati, and after his solid performance in qualifying at Australia, we'd like to enter Stan Jones in a second car for the whole season, if we can afford it.