F1WRCR 1952 season - driver ratings up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1WRCR 1952 season - driver ratings up!

Post by pasta_maldonado »

tommykl wrote:The season review is finally complete. I'll open entries over the coming days, along with any rule clarifications. Budgets will follow afterwards.

BBRM seek to re hire Richardson, Hawthorn, and Salvadori. We would also like to offer Manfred von Brauchitsch, Louis Chiron, and Dries van der Lof contracts for next season alongside our British trio, with all schedules TBA until we know what our budget looks like. Tally-ho chaps!
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 11 Jul 2013, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
tommykl wrote:The season review is finally complete. I'll open entries over the coming days, along with any rule clarifications. Budgets will follow afterwards.

Bentley's driver plans have been outlined above

Indeed, but as for last season, formal entries will be made in the next thread ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

tommykl wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Bentley's driver plans have been outlined above

Indeed, but as for last season, formal entries will be made in the next thread ;)

Well, that changes things doesn't it ;) Anyway, it gives Manfred von Brauchitsch, Louis Chiron, and Dries van der Lof's current employers a chance to decide wether or not they would like their drivers to be driving one of the finest British Bentley Racing Motors :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Is Juan Manuel Fangio still a free agent? I'm picking him up if that's the case.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Phoenix wrote:Is Juan Manuel Fangio still a free agent? I'm picking him up if that's the case.

It is not exactly free agent. I exchanging him (it is a given, now) for someone else or for some sort of deal (costumer teams probably). At the moment Ferrari is in front exchanging Peter Whitehead, but they went silent over this... Meanwhile, I open to negotiations with other teams, of course.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Well, that changes things doesn't it ;) Anyway, it gives Manfred von Brauchitsch, Louis Chiron, and Dries van der Lof's current employers a chance to decide wether or not they would like their drivers to be driving one of the finest British Bentley Racing Motors :P

I plan on keeping Dries Van der Lof and I am not willing to negotiate with sending him to another team
Wizzie wrote:And since Eurobrun's account still hasn't been unlocked yet, he wants to run an ex-JAMR car part-time next year under the 'Asso di Fiori' name with Dries van der Lof as the driver.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

DanielPT wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Is Juan Manuel Fangio still a free agent? I'm picking him up if that's the case.

It is not exactly free agent. I exchanging him (it is a given, now) for someone else or for some sort of deal (costumer teams probably). At the moment Ferrari is in front exchanging Peter Whitehead, but they went silent over this... Meanwhile, I open to negotiations with other teams, of course.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5322&start=480#p245382
the Masked Lapwing wrote:...and take up Alfa's offer to swap Whitehead and Fangio (if they're still up for it).

Attention helps.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Sorry, man. I did saw that but real life made me forget it. Anyway...

Gazzetta dello Sport wrote:Fangio swaps with Whitehead. Moss resigns with Alfa.

In what is, without doubt, the biggest change in this pre season, Fangio ended up switching places with Whitehead and will be driving a Ferrari for 1953 while Whitehead goes the other way. The big Argentinian was ecstatic with the deal and was convinced that 'now I will be able to fight for the championship' and vowed to show the full extent of his talent. Whitehead, meanwhile, was looking forward to race a full season and try to score some wins. "I am happy for this deal to happen, I hope to reward the faith Alfa put in me to back them up for the manufacturers championship", said Peter.

In other Alfa related news, Stirling Moss will keep driving for Alfa in 1953 after a lesser season. Touted as one of the great hopes for the future of the sport, Moss hasn't been exactly setting the fire to the grid. "Next year, I am pretty sure it will be better for me. The rules change means that Alfa will get a new car, from which I hope it will suit to my driving still better".
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.