Your Reject of the Race - Suzuka

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Suzuka

Post by Londoner »

Has to be Mercedes on this basis of this morning. Absolutely no pace at all, and Schumi starting alongside Narain. And with Sauber qualifying very welll indeed, they stand a chance of losing 5th in the Constructors Championship come tomorrow.

Hounourary mention to Keith Collantine from F1 Fanatic, for being the only person in the known universe to dislike Raikkonen's interview style. :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Pamphlet

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Suzuka

Post by Pamphlet »

Mercedes - WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! Sending Michael out for a single lap at the end of Q1...on the harder compound? Your upgrades only made the car worse, you can't even get a single set-up right, and yet you (especially through Ross Brawn) keep pinning it all on Michael. Disgraceful. No, disgusting.

East Londoner wrote:Hounourary mention to Keith Collantine of F1 Fanatic, for being the only person in the known universe to dislike Raikkonen's interview style. :evil:

Does anyone take Keith Collantine seriously these days? He's the worst "known" F1 journalist by a mile. Remember when Button had his slump earlier this season? Keith still put him in his top 10 "up until that point" standings. He's idiotic and biased. He's idiotically biased. He's good as a stat man but nothing more.

His fanbase also leaves much to be desired. d_smedley and Magnificent Geoffrey, anyone? And let's not forget about Kingshark.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Pamphlet wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Hounourary mention to Keith Collantine of F1 Fanatic, for being the only person in the known universe to dislike Raikkonen's interview style. :evil:

Does anyone take Keith Collantine seriously these days? He's the worst "known" F1 journalist by a mile.

coughjowsawardcough
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

eurobrun wrote:
Pamphlet wrote:

Does anyone take Keith Collantine seriously these days? He's the worst "known" F1 journalist by a mile.

coughjowsawardcough

Fun fact: I used to think that his website was called "Joe's Award".

I think they're both about equally as bad.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

East Londoner wrote:Hounourary mention to Keith Collantine from F1 Fanatic, for being the only person in the known universe to dislike Raikkonen's interview style. :evil:

Based on what I've read, I would say that he just hates Kimi. When Kimi won F1 Fanatic's driver of the year voting three years ago, he was crying about the results being manipulated by Kimi fans. :evil:
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

CATERHAM - not just for Petrov's abysmal qualifying but for having a rear wing fall off unprovoked, an extremely dangerous error you wouldn't expect from a team supposedly three years into the sport.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

-Mercedes: 13th and 15th in Qualifying is simply too slow

-Caterham: For weak Qualifying, and Petrov's rear wing falling of.

-Gearbox change penalties
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My nominations:

Caterham - Ok, now this is just plain shite. Rear wing falls off on Friday, fuel filler cap falls off on Saturday and Petrov gets the crap beaten out of him by Marussia and DLR
Mercedes - I still can't quite figure out that call for Schumacher in Q1 and Rosberg fell off the face of the earth yet again
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

pi314159 wrote:-Gearbox change penalties

This could be a ROTY contender as well.

So far, it's Caterham for me. You don't get beaten often by both Marussia drivers in qualifying on merit. Oh, there's a HRT car too ahead of Petrov? That's pretty sad. Also, that rear wing failure is dangerous.
Mercedes is pretty close to it too, but they might turn this around for a possible 9th-10th tomorrow.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jake Humphrey for calling Kobayashi's 3rd place grid spot "the best ever start for a Japanese driver". Forgotten Spa already, have you?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Whoever or whatever destroys Kobayashi's race tomorrow.

Including Kamui himself, in the event that he messes up.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Jake Humphrey for calling Kobayashi's 3rd place grid spot "the best ever start for a Japanese driver". Forgotten Spa already, have you?

In think he said "best ever start for a Japanese driver in the Japansese GP. If not that's almsot certainly what he meant to say.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

tc3j3r wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Jake Humphrey for calling Kobayashi's 3rd place grid spot "the best ever start for a Japanese driver". Forgotten Spa already, have you?

In think he said "best ever start for a Japanese driver in the Japansese GP. If not that's almsot certainly what he meant to say.

Didn't Sato have a front row start in Suzuka one year?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:
tc3j3r wrote:

Didn't Sato have a front row start in Suzuka one year?

No. He did have a front row start at the Nurburgring in 2004, but that was it.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Grosjean, Mr lap 1 crasher
Message me on Discord.
S951

Post by S951 »

the frenchman roooowwwwwwmannnnnn

caterham

mercedes
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Grosjean - same old crap involving punting people off, he needs to be kicked out of the sport now

Dishonourable mention

Croft and Brundle for saying Takuma Sato got podium at Indy 2005 when only six cars raced... Yes, and Sato was sat in the garage you idiots!
Last edited by sswishbone on 07 Oct 2012, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

GRSJN: Thanks for making me look like less of an idiot for not liking you
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Grojean: Ramming into the back of Webber is not a way to clear you're crash reputation.

2. Perez: Made a bad judgement in error that cost Sauber a double points finish.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

For purely selfish reasons, my Reject Of The Race goes to RTL and their painfully long advert breaks. What's that, you say, Mr Legard? Sergio Pérez has got it wrong at the hairpin and spun off? Lewis Hamilton's racing Kimi Räikkönen for the chance to get ahead after his pit stop? Pity I can't see it, because I'm watching adverts for a German website building service or some bloke with a crack in the back of his neck. And just when I think we're about to go back to the action, no, here's another ten seconds to tell us "TRINK KROMBACHER, DAS IST GUT!" Nein, das ist nicht gut, especially as I still haven't seen Sergio's blunder yet. Admittedly FOM may be to blame for deciding not to show any replays of that incident, but surely RTL must have some control over what gets shown after the break? Even that notorious incident on ITV when Damon Hill (in an Arrows) passed Michael Schumacher during a break got a replay immediately afterwards.

I suspect the dishonourable mentions should go to Rrrrrmmmnn Grrrrjjjjnnn for obvious reasons, and to Vitaly Petrov for falling off the radar faster than his rubles are running out.

And, sswishbone - Jonathan Legard made a similar mistake, not quite remembering when it was that Aguri Suzuki took his podium. It was 1990, not 1993 (when there were two Suzukis in the race, and Murray had a nightmare...)
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

The two favourites:

Vitaly Petrov - Kovy was holding off Vergne, di Resta and co in the first stint. What did you do the entire race? And there's the pre-race stuff...
Romain Grosjean - You just don't learn, do you?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My nominations:

Sergio Perez - It's more of an expectation vs reality thing but he really should have aborted the move on Raikkonen at the restart, which incidentally put him behind Hamilton in the first place, and then simply spun his way into retirement whilst Kobayashi scored a podium in the other car.
Romain Grosjean - Stuck his nose in a gap that was always going to close on him
Mercedes AMG Petronas - This is just getting sad now guys. Rosberg gets taken out on lap one with Schumi forced to soldier on with sub-par machinery

But my ROTR is:
Vitaly Petrov - Had the rear wing fall off on Friday and never recovered after that point
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Ferrim wrote:Whoever or whatever destroys Kobayashi's race tomorrow.

Including Kamui himself, in the event that he messes up.

On the basis of this prediction, I would have to nominate myself.

Grosjean was crap again (this guy has a seat assured for 2013 while Our Lord Kobayashi struggles to save his career? I hope not), although I'm tempted to nominate Pérez.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

EDIT: I'm sorry but I have to knock Alonso off this list.

First Lap Nutcase, Grosjean - Get out. Now.
Gary Anderson - Are you stupid or something? Just because his name isn't Pastor Maldonado doesn't mean he gets a free pass to shunt everyone off at the first turn of every second Grand Prix. And 6 of those 8 incidents were his fault. I don't remember anyone defending Maldonado for the incident with Di Resta, or Vettel for the incident with Karthikeyan, and those turned out not to be MAL/VET's fault! And to cap things off you're blaming Raikkonen for the incident with Alonso too? You sicken me.

Honorable mentions:
- Fernando Alonso - His idiocy may have just cost him the championship.
- Mercedes - Hello, Honda.
- Sergio Perez - He needs more experience. He's going to regret moving to a top team so early in his career.
- Will Buxton - Same as Gary Anderson.
- Everyone else that's defending Grosjean - Same as Gary Anderson.
Last edited by Pamphlet on 09 Oct 2012, 00:17, edited 4 times in total.
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

Grosjean - my estimation of him is lower than ever. He has a race ban for first lap incidents, and then comes back and does this? Time to go
Alonso - Massively shot himself in the foot

Honorable mention to Mercedes. Schumi did what he could today but he has taken an unfair amount of criticism when the car has been such an utter dog. When Hamilton steps in and does no better we will see that for sure.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
McDuck

Post by McDuck »

dinizintheoven wrote:For purely selfish reasons, my Reject Of The Race goes to RTL and their painfully long advert breaks.

Speed in America had an extremely long break too. I think it was a problem with the FOM feed.

ROTR goes to the frenchman. Kobayashi should get his drive next year if he's out at Sauber.
The USA is three meals away from chaos.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1. Grosjean

Dishonorable Mentions
- Petrov
- Mercedes
- Perez
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Fernando Alonso: Threw away the championship. The Red Bull is faster, and Alonso's only hope now is if Vettel has another retirement and he wins the race.
Vitaly Petrov: What DIDN'T go wrong with him this weekend? Rear wing, drive through for blue flags, KERS breaking in the middle of the race ... regardless of whether or not they were his fault, way too many things went wrong!!

Honorable Mention:
Romain Grosjean: Once again, he's got a ton of potential, but he just wrecked the hell out of Webber. At least he tried to get past the Red Bull, because otherwise he never would have had the shot.
Mark Webber: If you know Romain Grosjean is behind you on the grid, don't give him the chance to take you out in turn 1.
Mercedes: Just because you have green on your car does not mean get closer to Caterham.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

First-lap nutcase Grosjean (thank you Webber for saying that on TV!)
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I have to nominate TV director for not showing start replays during the SC period, only instantly after SC pulled back to the pits.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Grosjean...need I explain why?

Petrov...nothing went right for him. At all.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

dinizintheoven wrote:For purely selfish reasons, my Reject Of The Race goes to RTL and their painfully long advert breaks. What's that, you say, Mr Legard? Sergio Pérez has got it wrong at the hairpin and spun off? Lewis Hamilton's racing Kimi Räikkönen for the chance to get ahead after his pit stop? Pity I can't see it, because I'm watching adverts for a German website building service or some bloke with a crack in the back of his neck. And just when I think we're about to go back to the action, no, here's another ten seconds to tell us "TRINK KROMBACHER, DAS IST GUT!" Nein, das ist nicht gut, especially as I still haven't seen Sergio's blunder yet. Admittedly FOM may be to blame for deciding not to show any replays of that incident, but surely RTL must have some control over what gets shown after the break? Even that notorious incident on ITV when Damon Hill (in an Arrows) passed Michael Schumacher during a break got a replay immediately afterwards.

Although I watched the Hungarian commentary version, I flipped to the German one pretty often, and I have to say you got a point there.

My nominations:

- Mercedes: Come on. Now none of your cars got into Q3, Schumacher only could finish 11th from 23rd, Rosberg got punted off by Senna, and Sauber is CLEARLY faster than you now, and with 20 points behind you, the team you helped enter F1 might catch you at this rate. Sad.

- Caterham: Kovalainen was 11th in the first stint. What is it with you!? Many times have I seen a "new" team up there, only to drop down the field after the pit stops. Seriously, what is this? Also, Petrov was entirely ragged this weekend.

- Perez: retired by his own error

- Grosjean: without you, Lotus would be AT LEAST third in the WCC, despite not winning a single race. Räikkönen is still somewhat chasing the title, and you keep dropping points away while destroying others' races...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

1. Romain Grosjean - I agree completely what Johnny Herbert said about him on the after-race show on Sky. He should lose his drive at Lotus and even not have a seat in F1 at all. It is painfully obvious that he just does not have what it takes to drive in this sport, in a race. His awareness is worse than the Cucumber's. He has cost Lotus a 3rd place finish in the WCC, for that he should be fired. I'd like to see d'Ambrosio, or Hulkenberg promoted alongside Raikkonen for next year.

2. Sergio Perez - While the error was weird (when have we last seen a driver spin on his own accord and retire in a gravel trap?) for todays standards it shows how hard he was pushing. He was too aggressive and should've known Lewis was not leaving him room on the inside a second time. Bad judgment and ruined a certain top 7 finish and more points for Sauber.

HM - Senna. Mercedes
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

sswishbone wrote:Croft and Brundle for saying Takuma Sato got podium at Indy 2005 when only six cars raced... Yes, and Sato was sat in the garage you idiots!

They didn't say that at all. One of them (I forget which) suggested it might have been then, the other corrected them, saying it was actually 2004 when Sato took the podium. Pay attention!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

fjackdaw wrote:
sswishbone wrote:Croft and Brundle for saying Takuma Sato got podium at Indy 2005 when only six cars raced... Yes, and Sato was sat in the garage you idiots!

They didn't say that at all. One of them (I forget which) suggested it might have been then, the other corrected them, saying it was actually 2004 when Sato took the podium. Pay attention!

To be honest, Sato probably wouldn't have scored a podium if he took part in the 05 race. Monteiro would probably hold him off for the podium.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Romain Grosjean, that was an atrocious performance.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

My ROTR nominee goes to Fenando Alonso. You're binning it Fernando, fingerman Vettel will catch you easily now!! :twisted:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

1. Romain Grosjean: another crash at first lap. It makes the eighth of the season and the tenth of his whole F1 career.

2. Italian TV commentary (includeed Ivan Capelli): they spent all Saturday saying that Senna would have been dropped five places because of the incident with Massa at Singapore, while he wasn'r really penalized, and later on Saturday they first highly criticised Schumacher saying he shouldn't race this six grand prix and later they said the opposite when he qualified better than Rosberg they said he had just shown to be a champion. Today they said that last victory of Williams was in Japanese grand prix 2004, and I think it's another rejectful thing.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Tricky one this time

1.-McLaren: The on-board cameras of Hamilton and Button showed that the car was way too much sluggish for a top team. The gearbox ratio of both cars clearly hampered them (Checo's off road was because Hamilton had to brake earlier for slower downshifting and JB had selection issues) and weren't a real challenge for Vettel.
2.-Fernando Alonso: Throw all caution away, slammed the door on Kimi and his afternoon was over for the childish error. Pressure, Fernando. You're not really good coping with that on a car that can't copy the technology of others anymore.

The I really don't have the pace, but cuz' strategy climbed and hampered another one's race Award goes to Daniel Ricciardo: Blocked Kamui needlessly when Cowboy was catching up Felipe. What a duel that could've been...
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Grosjean. What the bathplug were you doing at the start man?
TORA! TORA! TORA!