1997 F1RGP2C Season - Duel in the Desert RACE Up

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: 1997 F1RGP2C Season - Duel in the Desert RACE Up

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Gustafsson has some sponsorship from Olsbergs
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Does whoever will be Nurminen's team mate have any specific sponsors? Because I'm ready to make a new livery for DAMS.

Don Rennis, at Silverstone after completing a shakedown test with McAllister wrote:We had a very good day of testing today with Rory trying out the new car for the first time, with no major incident to report. I'm yet to hear from Rory as he's currently in a debrief with the engineers but from what I've heard, he says it's the best car he's ever driven. He'll continue testing tomorrow in one car while we get a second one ready overnight for James Davies to have a drive in tomorrow. We'd also like to announce our intention to sign Niko Nurminen as our official test and reserve driver for 1998 where he'll be given seat time in the MP4-13 throughout the various test sessions for this year if he signs for us.

I only just noticed this, if the offer is still on the table I'd like to accept it. Nurminen has some sponsorship from Nokia (which is how his team got them as sponsors as well, up until 2010).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

We at McLaren are disappointed that Nurminen didn't respond to our offer to be our test driver. However, we are now open to applicants for the spot.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:We at McLaren are disappointed that Nurminen didn't respond to our offer to be our test driver. However, we are now open to applicants for the spot.

Check the post above you; I guess I should start reading these news snippets more carefully... :oops:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Nuppiz wrote:
Wizzie wrote:We at McLaren are disappointed that Nurminen didn't respond to our offer to be our test driver. However, we are now open to applicants for the spot.

Check the post above you; I guess I should start reading these news snippets more carefully... :oops:

In that case he's signed on as our third driver for this year. However, we have no problem with him racing with DAMS cocurrently but if Rory or James were to be unavailable for any reason, we'd have priority over Niko's services.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Álvarez would be up for filling a test role if possible; as stated, Telefonica have his back. Also, considering how his son's a talented racer, the genes have to come from somewhere...

How does Williams test driver sound to you?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:In that case he's signed on as our third driver for this year. However, we have no problem with him racing with DAMS cocurrently but if Rory or James were to be unavailable for any reason, we'd have priority over Niko's services.

Consider it done, my Presidente.

Simeon Loth, Nurminen's manager, on the phone with Nurminen wrote:Hey uh, Niko, I was just going through me desk and noticed a piece of paper saying that Don Rennis wants you as McLaren's third driver.

Niko Nurminen wrote:Really? That'd be great, when did he make the offer?

S. Loth wrote:Umm, a week ago.

Nurminen wrote:A WEEK AGO? WHY HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME ABOUT IT EARLIER!?

S. Loth wrote:Err, you know I've been a bit busy lately and...

Nurminen wrote:The only thing you've been busy with lately has been aneating as many donuts as you cstuffing yourself with donuts and decaf coffee. Now get on the damn phone and ask Rennis if the offer is still valid.

S. Loth wrote:Do I have to do it right now? The local coffee shop just introduced a new donut with coconut-banana sprinkles...

Nurminen wrote:YES! That's what I pay you for, as I'm currently too busy trying to make arrangements for my own team*! I'm not passing up on a chance like this!

*This being the 1998 RTCC team, of course

Moments later...

S. Loth wrote:Niko? It's Simeon. I got you that seat, which was miraculously still open. Rennis was understandably quite irritated at how long it took for us to respond and was already looking at other options, but I still managed to persuade him.

Nurminen wrote:Oh, thank gooness. Oh, and one more thing, Simeon.

S. Loth wrote:Yes?

Nurminen wrote:Go find another sucker. I'm not using your services anymore.

S. Loth wrote:Uhh, what exactly do you mean by that?

Nurminen wrote:YOU'RE FIRED, YOU OBESE IMBECILE!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

DAMS will still be fully black, no sponsors whatsoever, I think.
Is da Silva and Scrattenheim free at the moment?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Shizuka wrote:DAMS will still be fully black, no sponsors whatsoever, I think.

I smell a problem here considering TF1 are the title sponsors of the team and have been for some time. Plus, I'd imagine that Peugeot would be looking for some value for their money.
RonDenisDeletraz

Scrattenheim is available, but da Silva has been resigned to Sauber
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Alright, I'd like to sign him. And there is no confirmation about Allen yet, I think.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Álvarez would be up for filling a test role if possible; as stated, Telefonica have his back. Also, considering how his son's a talented racer, the genes have to come from somewhere...

That sounds ideal, thank you :)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

That sounds ideal, thank you :)

Given their mercurial driver management, don't be surprised if he winds up driving a race for them this season! :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Williams also announce Jorg Scrattenheim as our second reserve driver. This is only to please Walik and we stress that Alvarez will be our first port of call if we need a replacement driver during the season. :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
RonDenisDeletraz

pasta_maldonado wrote:Williams also announce Jorg Scrattenheim as our second reserve driver. This is only to please Walik and we stress that Alvarez will be our first port of call if we need a replacement driver during the season. :P

I thought I just signed him for DAMS :lol:

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Why you insist your cars always in black? :lol: For the record, they have a livery - just watch the highlights. ;)

Oh, and I am offering Ralf Alden for your reserve seat, if available. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

FMecha wrote:

Why you insist your cars always in black? :lol: For the record, they have a livery - just watch the highlights. ;)

Don't do it Shizuka. It's not worth it :P
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

^He's a rookie, so what you expect? Besides, why people are crusading against me? Before I pulls something like "The inevitable..."-gate (which involves Stramala), stop making such comments. That is not constructive. :evil:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

FMecha wrote:^He's a rookie, so what you expect? Besides, why people are crusading against me? Before I pulls something like "The inevitable..."-gate (which involves Stramala), stop making such comments. That is not constructive. :evil:

You've forgotten the first rule of Melrose again, haven't you? Never take him seriously as he's probably wrong anyway. Unless it's the F2RWRS, in which case his word is gospel.

EDIT: And in the F1RWRS, not only do you have the right to ridicule anything I say, it's actively encouraged.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 21 Feb 2013, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

^Sorry - I took that too seriously, failing to notice the :P. Give me Reject of the Off-Season, now. :oops:
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

FMecha wrote:^He's a rookie, so what you expect? Besides, why people are crusading against me? Before I pulls something like "The inevitable..."-gate (which involves Stramala), stop making such comments. That is not constructive. :evil:

1. You're stupid ideas for your characters. There was no need for you to make Anderson do that, you even admitted it, yet kept going. Even worse, you nicked the idea from my story for Zimmer, admitted that too, then took it up to 11.
2. Stop forcing your drivers on us. It's been pointed out many times that Jordan didn't have a race spot for Megumi, and you kept posting a reminder every week until you got your way. All Wizzie did here was say that Shizuka shouldn't hire Alden. So what? Shizuka is perfectly able to ignore him without your help.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:

1. You're stupid ideas for your characters. There was no need for you to make Anderson do that, you even admitted it, yet kept going. Even worse, you nicked the idea from my story for Zimmer, admitted that too, then took it up to 11.
2. Stop forcing your drivers on us. It's been pointed out many times that Jordan didn't have a race spot for Megumi, and you kept posting a reminder every week until you got your way. All Wizzie did here was say that Shizuka shouldn't hire Alden. So what? Shizuka is perfectly able to ignore him without your help.

Plus, I offered Alden a reserve seat, and you turned it down for no reason. Then you had him start calling Gauthier an egomaniac... which he's not. He's just fairly ruthless and doesn't like being crossed. That doesn't exactly instill confidence that Alden will be better than your previous characters.

FMecha wrote:^Sorry - I took that too seriously, failing to notice the :P. Give me Reject of the Off-Season, now. :oops:

Now? I'd thought you already sealed it up with Anderson's awful 10 minute comeback, and having Stefano trying to screw over Gauthier for literally no reason at all. Again.
Everything's great.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

FMecha wrote:

I prefer to be the "black sheep" of the crop. I know DAMS has a minimal livery, but I can't make anything that resembles one. :lol: Plus it saves the work for others.
I'd like to refuse that offer, we're waiting for Allen now, as well as a confirmation of what Scrattenheim will do.

takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Well, if anyone is on the lookout for a moneyed third driver/test driver, Edward Restov Jnr wouldn't mind putting his name forward :) As is the norm, Gazprom have his back
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RonDenisDeletraz

Shizuka wrote:
FMecha wrote:

I prefer to be the "black sheep" of the crop. I know DAMS has a minimal livery, but I can't make anything that resembles one. :lol: Plus it saves the work for others.
I'd like to refuse that offer, we're waiting for Allen now, as well as a confirmation of what Scrattenheim will do.

Scrattenheim would like to confirm that he will accept the DAMS offer

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Welcome to DAMS.
Now to wait what Allen wants to do.

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Arrows Open Test Session:

(Note: This takes place before Tucker was signed to Volga. It also conveniently provides a reason why anyone would sign him in the first place. ;) )

Entries:
Ralf Alden
Curtis Gannit
Sebastian Gazurek
Hans Heyer
Alexander von Hegel
Anton Kaliniczenko
Samael Meerwick
Alejandrina Rodriguez
Lawrence Tucker
Tracey Wyndham
Frederic-Maxime Voeckler
Flavius Zinteleman

Results:
1. Alejandrina Rodriguez - 1m 27.844
2. Lawrence Tucker - 1m 28.093
3. Ralf Alden - 1m 28.178
4. Samael Meerwick - 1m 28.469
5. Anton Kaliniczenko - 1m 28.803
6. F.M. Voeckler - 1m 28.925
7. Hans Heyer - 1m 29.490
8. Flavius Zinteleman - 1m 29.734
9. Alexander von Hegel - 1m 29.859
10. Tracey Wyndham - 1m 30.231
NT. Sebastian Gazurek
NT. Curtis Gannit

Unsurprsingly, after two hours of testing, the current Arrows test driver topped the timesheets at Silverstone. Lawrencer Tucker proved that his miserable third of a season with Gauthier may have been just bad machinery and by finishing second. Hans Heyer snuck into the Arrows garage and stole a car. He managed to do five laps before he was stopped by the track marshals and posted a fairly good time. Max von Hegel shook his head in disappointment as his son was completely ineffective. Curtis Gannit, a late entry to the test, collided with Sebastian Gazurek while exiting the pit lane, taking both drivers out of the session. Gazurek later claimed that the maneuver was a conspiracy by Arrows to remove him from the session. No one paid any attention. Thus, Alejandrina Rodriguez receives the Arrows drive for next year.

(OOC: Curtis Gannit was myself. I suck at racing games; the Gazurek thing was a total accident.)
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tristan1117 wrote:[(Note: This takes place before Tucker was signed to Volga. It also conveniently provides a reason why anyone would sign him in the first place. ;)

:lol: My crap drivers have a habit of doing that it seems.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

You know, I'm amazed we've gotten this far into the off-season and Kickert hasn't gotten a seat somewhere for 1998. I mean, someone like DAMS could do far worse than to sign him on as a second driver for this season.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wizzie wrote:You know, I'm amazed we've gotten this far into the off-season and Kickert hasn't gotten a seat somewhere for 1998. I mean, someone like DAMS could do far worse than to sign him on as a second driver for this season.

Even they know that he's too big of a liability...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
Wizzie wrote:You know, I'm amazed we've gotten this far into the off-season and Kickert hasn't gotten a seat somewhere for 1998. I mean, someone like DAMS could do far worse than to sign him on as a second driver for this season.

He's only a 'liability' because Daniel Moreno is an idiot and drove straight into him!
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

He's only a 'liability' because Daniel Moreno is an idiot and drove straight into him!

Someone agrees with me!
But anything short of a race drive at a regular point scoring team isn't going to happen. And since there are very few of those going around, Kickert will probably be out of a drive, barring a midseason problem which I sense happening at McLaren for some strange reason.

EDIT: Also, since Benetton lose Renault as an engine supplier, can we rebadge the Playlifes as Nissans?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Hey, it's not like i didn't offer Kickert a drive. If he is too proud to go to Prost, thats his problem!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:He's only a 'liability' because Daniel Moreno is an idiot and drove straight into him!

Someone agrees with me!
But anything short of a race drive at a regular point scoring team isn't going to happen. And since there are very few of those going around, Kickert will probably be out of a drive, barring a midseason problem which I sense happening at McLaren for some strange reason.

EDIT: Also, since Benetton lose Renault as an engine supplier, can we rebadge the Playlifes as Nissans?

Y'know, Rory McAllister's contract with McLaren runs out at the end of 1998 - I can have Davies vouch for Kickert to join the team for 1999, given that Kickert is pretty much the only person to have actually agreed with Davies on anything ever.
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:He's only a 'liability' because Daniel Moreno is an idiot and drove straight into him!

Someone agrees with me!

Y'know, Rory McAllister's contract with McLaren runs out at the end of 1998 - I can have Davies vouch for Kickert to join the team for 1999, given that Kickert is pretty much the only person to have actually agreed with Davies on anything ever.

It'll depend on their '98 season. If the car is halfway reliable, he'll take the chance. He has bad memories of those crapbox Life cars :lol:

Although the problems I foresee are ticking off Davies as will inevitably happen, and the last time I put one of my drivers in one of Wizzie's cars it did not end well for anyone except Jones and Dagnall Jr :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

If I don't get any official statement from James Allen, then I'd like to go for Kickert for one season.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Someone agrees with me!

Mr Rennis appreciates your input James, and we will consider Kickert but our priority is to keep Rory on for 1999. If worse comes to worse and he moves elsewhere, we will consider him BUT we will put preference on drivers who have experience in this new generation of car, particularly our test driver Niko.
RonDenisDeletraz

Shizuka wrote:If I don't get any official statement from James Allen, then I'd like to go for Kickert for one season.

Didn't you already sign Jorg Scrattenheim?

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

eurobrun wrote:
Shizuka wrote:If I don't get any official statement from James Allen, then I'd like to go for Kickert for one season.

Didn't you already sign Jorg Scrattenheim?

Oops, my bad - I forgot it :oops:

the Masked Lapwing

Did you miss the regular point scoring bit? :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017