1997 F1RGP2C Season - Duel in the Desert RACE Up

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
FMecha

Re: 1997 F1RGP2C Season - Duel in the Desert RACE Up

Post by FMecha »

Prince Walik wrote:Bathplug off Anderson, you are not welcome here

Robert Anderson wrote:JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU SNITCH PIECE OF S**T! I and Rollock know what I am doing. I am not going back to F1RGP2C because everyone condemns me. :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Prince Walik wrote:Bathplug off Anderson, you are not welcome here
Robert Anderson wrote:JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU SNITCH PIECE OF S**T! I and Rollock know what I am doing. I am not going back to F1RGP2C because everyone condemns me. :evil:

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:You know what you are doing? I find this highly unlikely, Anderson. Now, please, stop bothering us.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Prince Walik wrote:Does anyone know the number of the nearest mental institution. I think they have one missing
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas Mann wrote:Pippa, did we ever compete in this series? I remember there was a series where I had a lot of engine failures (for two different teams!) but I don't remember such spiteful bickering...

Pippa Mann wrote:It's odd. It looks strangely familiar, and I have a vague recollection of scoring points in a Simtek once upon a time, but nothing like this. Let's just quietly walk back out of the room again...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James Davies wrote:Well that was weird. I could've sworn I hear the world's leading expert in blowing up engine talking just now...

Honestly, baker, the ridiculous bickering between the various ridiculous characters is half the fun of this series. That page-long argument between Williams and McLaren in Argentina has to be a PMMF highlight for me. :lol:
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Don Rennis, at Silverstone after completing a shakedown test with McAllister wrote:We had a very good day of testing today with Rory trying out the new car for the first time, with no major incident to report. I'm yet to hear from Rory as he's currently in a debrief with the engineers but from what I've heard, he says it's the best car he's ever driven. He'll continue testing tomorrow in one car while we get a second one ready overnight for James Davies to have a drive in tomorrow. We'd also like to announce our intention to sign Niko Nurminen as our official test and reserve driver for 1998 where he'll be given seat time in the MP4-13 throughout the various test sessions for this year if he signs for us.

Long story short: As promised, Rory got his hands on the MP4-13 first and he says it's a rocketship.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James Davies wrote:Ha! Yes! Finally! A car worthy of my talent! ... hopefully.
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

John Zimmer wrote:I got 5 to 1 odds on the engine blowing in Melbourne, 3 to 1 for the transmission! Any takers?

I haven't got a second driver for Benetton yet, have I? Valsattis can drive it, his DNQ at the DITD shows that he cares about the race just as little as Zimmer :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

John Zimmer wrote:I got 5 to 1 odds on the engine blowing in Melbourne, 3 to 1 for the transmission! Any takers?

Prince Walik wrote:I would say 10 to 1 suspension problems. Oh, and him whining and pissing everyone off is practically a dead cert
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Rory McAllister wrote:After testing the new car, I have to say it is indeed a step forward compared to the MP4-12. Last year's car was fast alright, but the transmission kept breaking up. Today, I've done over a hundred laps with the MP4-13 and looks not only faster but also very reliable, and that's something since today was the first day of seriously testing the car. I think we are looking strong for both championships, but we need to keep pushing up the development because Ferrari will also be very strong and Williams and Benneton can still spring a surprise or two.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:

I haven't got a second driver for Benetton yet, have I? Valsattis can drive it, his DNQ at the DITD shows that he cares about the race just as little as Zimmer :lol:

Excellent! Benetton won't regret it.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James Davies wrote:What Rory said. This new car is a goddamn rocketship. And it can be even better. The rest of you losers don't have a hope in hell, now that we have Newey.

Prince Walik wrote:I would say 10 to 1 suspension problems. Oh, and him whining and pissing everyone off is practically a dead cert

James Davies wrote:Ha! You know what? I'm feeling charitable today, losers. So, fifty quid says I don't lap all of those useless trashcans you call racecars in Melbourne. Whaddya say?
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

James Davies wrote:What Rory said. This new car is a goddamn rocketship. And it can be even better. The rest of you losers don't have a hope in hell, now that we have Newey.

James Davies wrote:Ha! You know what? I'm feeling charitable today, losers. So, fifty quid says I don't lap all of those useless trashcans you call racecars in Melbourne. Whaddya say?

Herrmann Mann wrote:I say ein fool und his money are easily parted! I'm in - a hundred quid says you don't win
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:200 quid says that McLaren will be just as shite as the old one, and Jordan will beat them in the WCC this time around. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Herrmann Mann wrote:I say ein fool und his money are easily parted! I'm in - a hundred quid says you don't win

James Davies wrote:Right back at you, doucher. That's gonna be the easiest 100 quid I've ever made. And if neither Williams score, you have to do the chicken dance in the middle of town.

Damon Cannon wrote:200 quid says that McLaren will be just as shite as the old one, and Jordan will beat them in the WCC this time around. :P

James Davies wrote:Why don't you just save yourself some time and give me the money now? You and your Irish posers are gonna be choking on my exhaust fumes the amount of times I'm gonna lap you.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Emanuele Nicchi wrote:Hire meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Emanuele Nicchi wrote:Hire meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Does being the official Equipe Gauthier test and reserve driver sound acceptable to you?
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Does being the official Equipe Gauthier test and reserve driver sound acceptable to you?

Emanuele Nicchi wrote:Yes. :)
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Emanuele Nicchi wrote:Yes. :)

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Then welcome aboard!
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

In order to colour in more background for my drivers, could I possibly put José Álvarez as available for hire? As a Spanish driver, he brings Telefonica backing...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

It is now becaming clear that with everyone making new drivers attempting to join F1RGP2C (including me - just ask Christophe Vans, Ralf Alden, and Mauricio Rossini) as well as the amount of Gauthier's test/reserve drivers (which sounds too damn high IMO), we need a feeder series for F1RGP2C. My idea is, tentaively, named Grand Prix Development Championship.

Thoughts? :)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Before we start something insanely new, maybe we should just try a driver limit first?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:It is now becaming clear that with everyone making new drivers attempting to join F1RGP2C (including me - just ask Christophe Vans, Ralf Alden, and Mauricio Rossini) as well as the amount of Gauthier's test/reserve drivers (which sounds too damn high IMO), we need a feeder series for F1RGP2C. My idea is, tentaively, named Grand Prix Development Championship.

Thoughts? :)

Too damn high? I only have Emanuele NIcchi! I certainly don't plan to hire anyone else, except as a replacement if one of my drivers turns out to be Anderson-levels of fail.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

^ Sorry - I misunderstood. I thought you have more test drivers during the offseason - I mistook it for race drivers during the season. :oops: :oops:

Klon wrote:Before we start something insanely new, maybe we should just try a driver limit first?

But this is not F1RWRS, Klon. But maybe Tristan may want to consider your idea. ;)
(Since I see your team doesn't have a test/reserve driver, remember I am trying to put Megumi on that seat)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

FMecha wrote:(Since I see your team doesn't have a test/reserve driver, remember I am trying to put Megumi on that seat)

Mate, Megumi isn't good enough to even look at a Jordan ;)
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

To be honest, I don't think we need a feeder series for this. We've got enough series as it is for the moment.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

East Londoner wrote:To be honest, I don't think we need a feeder series for this. We've got enough series as it is for the moment.

Agreed. F1RGP2C isnt really the type of series to have a feeder series.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
East Londoner wrote:To be honest, I don't think we need a feeder series for this. We've got enough series as it is for the moment.

I concur. I understand the need for feeder categories in the main RWRS series, but in historical series I don't see any good reasons to have those.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Frederic-Maxime Voeckler wrote:Look meester Gauthier, I don't know vat your openeon on meester Megumi ez, but, eh, I hope, he ez nowhere neer taking a teest driveer role in ze team. Are we agreed on zis?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Please. Stop talking that issue up. Else I'll going to retire her now. :evil:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

FMecha wrote:Please. Stop talking that issue up. Else I'll going to retire her now. :evil:

What issue? I see no issue
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Frederic-Maxime Voeckler wrote:Look meester Gauthier, I don't know vat your openeon on meester Megumi ez, but, eh, I hope, he ez nowhere neer taking a teest driveer role in ze team. Are we agreed on zis?

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:You do not need to worry about zat, Frederic. Not only is our test driver position already filled by ze capable Monsieur Nicchi, but I would not let Reiko Megumi anywhere near a driving position in my team. Ze repair bill from McFry last year was more than enough.

(Just FYI, FMecha: yes, Gauthier does know Megumi is a woman. He just doesn't care enough to correct Voeckler :lol: )

pasta_maldonado wrote:
FMecha wrote:Please. Stop talking that issue up. Else I'll going to retire her now. :evil:

What issue? I see no issue

I'm pretty sure he means saying that Megumi isn't good enough to drive for Jordan, even in a test. Even though it is kind of true. And, FMecha, you might want to work on your threats; you'd be the only one losing anything by retiring Megumi.
Everything's great.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Nuppiz wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

I concur. I understand the need for feeder categories in the main RWRS series, but in historical series I don't see any good reasons to have those.

I thought about creating a feeder series for the F1RGP2C a while back, but I don't think it's a very a good idea. There are way too many series out there already.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
RonDenisDeletraz

No great loss.

She's not getting a Jordan test seat and the sooner you realise that the better

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

eurobrun wrote:

She's not getting a Jordan test seat and the sooner you realise that the better

Well, she can have it if she wants it so badly, however, I think fmecha wouldn't really be happy with that: the internal strategy for replacement drivers at von Gottorp's Jordan is to rather break to bank to sign an active driver from a top or mid-table team than using any third or reserve driver, so Megumi would end up being Badoer'd.
Last edited by Klon on 19 Feb 2013, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

BTW, tristan, would it be okay if I submitted my own livery for Gauthier for 1998?
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Álvarez would be up for filling a test role if possible; as stated, Telefonica have his back. Also, considering how his son's a talented racer, the genes have to come from somewhere...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:BTW, tristan, would it be okay if I submitted my own livery for Gauthier for 1998?

Sure, it's fine.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Allen was in a hurry to sign for Prost/Ligier but didn't bother to confirm. If he doesnt confirm for the first race, he will be permanently replaced. Probably Van Dycke will do that, as he's good enough for interim driver until Ron Mignolet is ready for 1999.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tristan1117 wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:BTW, tristan, would it be okay if I submitted my own livery for Gauthier for 1998?

Sure, it's fine.

Great, thanks. eurobrun, Ataxia, are their any sponsors that your guys are bringing to the team?
Everything's great.