RTCC 2015 - Season over, Twinings champs

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Phoenix

Re: RTCC 2015 - Oran Park results up!!

Post by Phoenix »

How many credits do we have?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Any news on this? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I echo FMecha's impatience, if only a few weeks later. The title of leading F1Rejects touring car category needs to be protected!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Expect a race soon ;)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

I apologise greatly for the huge delay to this series. I apologise for not getting this done properly for 2 seasons in a row. I apologise for basically false promises. I'm really sorry.

In better news, this series will return to complete the rest of the 2015 season. I will be preparing to run the 2016 season, so darkapprentice77 has kindly volunteered to take over the completion of this season. If you'd like to continue in RTCC, please post confirming your drivers/changing them if needs be, as soon as possible so we can get this running.

He will post after me explaining some slight amendments to the rules, including the abolition of the credits scheme that was, quite frankly, shite.

Thank you for showing interest in the RTCC, and again I'm sorry for cocking it up.

Please look out for the RTCC 2016 thread, where there will be discussion of the rules package for next year, when I will be taking back the controls.
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 17 Feb 2013, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RTCC 2015 - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Nuppiz »

NRE will continue as it is.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 17 Feb 2013, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Thanks Pasta. well, here's the rules:
1) If you already have a team in the RTCC and want to continue your 2015 campaign, then confirm it here. If you don't, then your team will be removed and a new free slot will open. This is to check that every team owner is still interested. The deadline is Thursday.
2) Since the credits system is gone...
a) There will be no upgrades. The cars will stay as they are.
b) If a new team enters and wants a car they get it for free but they can only have 2 cars max.
3) To keep in time with every other RWRS series, there will be a new, shorter calender that will be announced shortly.
That's it, I think.

Returning teams:
Nurminen (Nuppiz)
Twinings Earl Grey (BlindCaveSalamander)
Prism Motorsports (Warren Hughes)
Aeroracing (Phoenix)
Restov Racing (takagi_for_the_win)
ZimSport (the Masked Lapwing)
Douglas-Cliff Racing (Wizzie)
RMcG Motorsport (WaffleCat)
Lolvo (MinardiFan95)

New Teams:
IBR (Stramala)
TBA (eurobrun)
Alpha Auto (FMecha)
Nicchi Motori (Me)
CFR (Eurobrun)
Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 23 Feb 2013, 12:03, edited 17 times in total.
Trump 2016
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

And the results of the first two rounds at Oran Park will stand :P
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll keep my team.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Calender
1) Oran Park (Done)
2) Knockhill
3) San Fransiso (From GRID)
4) Spa
5) Suzuka
6) Lienz (Fictional track that comes with rFactor)

All rounds will have 2 races.
Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 18 Feb 2013, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2016
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I'm continuing with Prism Motorsports.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I appreciate your honesty in all this Pasta, that's good of you, and darkapprentice for taking it over.

I'll be withdrawing my entry however, for a number of reasons which I think should be discussed.

First of all, since the RTCC was set up another similar series, the F1RSTC has been established as part of RWRS canon. I personally think it's foolish to have both running parallel to each other. Either combine the two, or ditch one because I think we've got far too many series running now. Expanding on that, and I mean this with the greatest of respect Pasta, but sometimes you need to take a reality check and accept that whilst you'd like to run virtual championships, you haven't got enough free time to do so. I know that's certainly the case for myself, I've had loads of ideas over the years since we started doing all this but I've never had the time to commit to running a championship, and you need plenty of it! This leads nicely onto my next point...

When I originally entered the RTCC, I saw it as a good opportunity to build on Jones Racing's links with Ford. Obviously the series has never really got going, which has meant that plan has slipped out of my mind somewhat. Since then I've decided to keep the team focused on single-seaters, which is why I decided not to enter the GTR series amongst others. This is why I'll be withdrawing my entry. I feel that at the moment we've got too many series running and I can't run a team in as many as I'd like because I simply don't have the time.

Autosport wrote:Jones pulls plug on Ford RTCC entry

Sammy Jones has announced that his team's entry into the re-formed RTCC series is to be disbanded with immediate effect. The RTCC has been plagued with problems and delays since its revival, and despite Jones entering into a close partnership with Ford to spearhead the Blue Oval's entry into a number of different championships, the Briton has called a halt to his operation in the RTCC.

"It's sad for me to announce this today, but ultimately I have no option but to shut down Ford Competition by Jones Racing." Jones told the assembled media in a press conference today. "The series has not met our expectations, and Jones Racing Group has since made the decision to focus purely on single-seater racing, leaving the RTCC out of our plans. We'd like to take the time to thank all those who have worked tirelessly to make the series happen, and to wish our fellow competitors the best of luck for the remaining season. I'll continue to pay close attention to how the championship unfolds and perhaps in future if the conditions are right, re-enter. For the time being though, Jones Racing Group has the full support of Ford Racing to focus fully on our single-seater commitments."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AndreaModa wrote:I appreciate your honesty in all this Pasta, that's good of you, and darkapprentice for taking it over.

I'll be withdrawing my entry however, for a number of reasons which I think should be discussed.

First of all, since the RTCC was set up another similar series, the F1RSTC has been established as part of RWRS canon. I personally think it's foolish to have both running parallel to each other. Either combine the two, or ditch one because I think we've got far too many series running now. Expanding on that, and I mean this with the greatest of respect Pasta, but sometimes you need to take a reality check and accept that whilst you'd like to run virtual championships, you haven't got enough free time to do so. I know that's certainly the case for myself, I've had loads of ideas over the years since we started doing all this but I've never had the time to commit to running a championship, and you need plenty of it! This leads nicely onto my next point...

I understand the points you're making here Andrea, they're very good points in that. My original plan was to let this series slowly die and be forgotten about, but people's interest in this series persuaded me to come round. First of all, no offense taken - I'm the first one to say that I failed with the RTCC, failed miserably and let down everyone involved with it. I feel that the series hasn't got the attention it deserves because of a lack of motivation from my end. I've had plenty of free time, free time in which I could have easily done the races, but for some reason I wasn't motivated to do so. However, after 2 false stats I'm determined to make something good of this, the motivation is back, and whilst dark finishes this season off I'm preparing for 2016.

As for the rivalry with the F1RSTC, I think that it could descend into just that - a rivalry. What's better than a good old rivalry, eh? :P

AndreaModa wrote:When I originally entered the RTCC, I saw it as a good opportunity to build on Jones Racing's links with Ford. Obviously the series has never really got going, which has meant that plan has slipped out of my mind somewhat. Since then I've decided to keep the team focused on single-seaters, which is why I decided not to enter the GTR series amongst others. This is why I'll be withdrawing my entry. I feel that at the moment we've got too many series running and I can't run a team in as many as I'd like because I simply don't have the time.

I understand this, it's fine by me. As for anyone else, do not feel pressured to carry on here if you don't want to.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

If you don't mind, Fusion won't return either. This is mainly because I probably have too many teams in things, and thus I need to cut down on all my entries. I'm probably gonna pull the plug on my Prost GP team too, just because I've neglected them to such a large extent.

As for motivation for series is concerned, I know how you feel. That's the main reason why I canned the 1986 Management Game; it just became tedious for me to do and so I thought I'd concentrate on the RDS (which hasn't been plain sailing itself...). I wish this series all the best, but for the time being I'll leave a space for someone else to come in.

Canonically speaking, Yorke is available for another team to take, but Griffin retired from motorsports as a whole.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aeroracing Engineering will continue.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Restov will continue :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Well, ahead of a potential full-time entry in 2016, IBR is interested in running an Alfa team, for either one or two drivers. Not sure which yet. And whether it would clash with F1RTCS.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Will real teams be allowed? Either way I would like to reserve a couple of Vectras
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

eurobrun wrote:Will real teams be allowed?
No.
Trump 2016
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I don't think I'm gonna return to this series, for the same reasons as Ataxia.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
the Masked Lapwing

ZimSport will be returning with our HOLDEN POWER!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
the Masked Lapwing

Also, now that I think about it, I think the calendar should be closer to the RWRS season, even if we only have fewer races. Why Suzuka when everything else was in Fuji, why San Francisco when there was Long Beach or Laguna Seca? Spa I understand, Knockhill I'm fine with, but why have a non-championship race in a shortened season?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Also, now that I think about it, I think the calendar should be closer to the RWRS season, even if we only have fewer races. Why Suzuka when everything else was in Fuji, why San Francisco when there was Long Beach or Laguna Seca? Spa I understand, Knockhill I'm fine with, but why have a non-championship race in a shortened season?

1) Because Suzuka is better than Fuji for touring car racing.
2) Because San Fransisco is better than Long Beach and Laguna Seca for touring car racing.
3) ...I don't know.
Trump 2016
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Tom Douglas will remain in the series for whaatever team hes driving for.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Force 1 won't come back. Instead a new team will sign up. Stay tuned ;)
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

RMcG Motorsport continues to soldier on in the RTCC
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Round 1 will probably be on Friday 20:00 GMT

Also. Now that I think about it, yeah, having a NC round when it's this short is kind of stupid. Lienz will be part of the championship now.
Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 19 Feb 2013, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2016
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Autosport wrote:Nicchi Motori unveils Mazda Xedos 6 for 2015 RTCC

Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 17 Oct 2013, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2016
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Can Eurobrun confirm his entry as soon as possible please, thanks

Team name:
Driver 1:
Car 1:
Number:
Driver 2 (optional):
Car 2:
Number:
Last edited by Gerudo Dragon on 21 Feb 2013, 18:06, edited 2 times in total.
Trump 2016
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Can Stramala, FMecha and Eurobrun confirm their entries as soon as possible please, thanks

Team name:
Driver 1:
Car 1:
Number:
Driver 2 (optional):
Car 2:
Number:

This will be completed tomorrow. Not really in a position to figure all this out atm.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Not really in a position to figure all this out atm.

I'm just impressed you managed to even post that considering the size of the two blondes balancing on you! ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:

I'm just impressed you managed to even post that considering the size of the two blondes balancing on you! ;)

...I'm missing something important here I think...

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

Yeah, they hand them out for free in secondary schools these days. Naughty boy! :P

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

So, to make it official:

Team name: Alpha Auto (same team as in BTCDS)
Driver 1: Ralf Alden [USA]
Car 1: Honda Accord
Number: 71
Driver 2 (optional): Mauricio Rossini [ITA]
Car 2: Honda Accord
Number: 72

Livery should be based on this:

...but with the decals replaced with the following sponsors: Bridgestone, Castrol, PlayStation, and on Rossini's car only, Barilla. ;)
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Team Lolvo will continue racing, with Garry Jones behind the wheel of the 850 Estate.
This is a cool spot.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Dark, is the race still on today? :) Looking forward to seeing some progress made.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Dark, is the race still on today? :) Looking forward to seeing some progress made.
It will be tomorrow, definately. ;)
Trump 2016
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I'm just impressed you managed to even post that considering the size of the two blondes balancing on you! ;)

Yeah, they hand them out for free in secondary schools these days. Naughty boy! :P

Wait what? They're giving out blondes for free in secondary schools nowadays?! :shock: :o
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Re: RTCC 2015 - RACE 22 FEB

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Team name: IBR Alstom Alfa Romeo
Driver 1: Rafael Modena [ITA]
Car 1: Alfa Romeo 155
Number: 27
Driver 2: Frederic-Maxime Voeckler [FRA]
Car 2: Alfa Romeo 155
Number: 28

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RTCC 2015 - RACE 22 FEB

The provisional calendar for 2016 has been published in the 2016 thread :)