F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Since I can't vote for the Mad Uncle even though he clearly deserves the award, here are my candidates based on this post:

3rd: Ron Mignolet
2nd: Douglas Mann
1st: Holden F1RWRS Racing Team
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - Waiting for NC races

Post by Nuppiz »

Aerond wrote:Did anyone save the chatlog??

http://pastebin.com/rhysKpfj
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - Waiting for NC races

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:
Aerond wrote:Did anyone save the chatlog??

http://pastebin.com/rhysKpfj

I am going to kill you while you sleep.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Reading through the chatlog, will I potentially end up tyre supplying this season?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Ataxia wrote:Reading through the chatlog, will I potentially end up tyre supplying this season?

Quite probably.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Potential tyre suppliers have 3 extra days to show up. andrew and Jeroen still to appear. Pasta, Nuppiz and Wafflecat have their role assured. Ataxia is next on the waiting list. If both andrew and Jeroen fail to appear, I will pass on the 5th slot to whoever wants it first.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:...If both andrew and Jeroen fail to appear, I will pass on the 5th slot to whoever wants it first.

First come, first serve? Why not just give it to Pi to the five, as he's the next one on the waiting list after Ataxia
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

*throws his 5 Hungarian Forints as 5 is the lowest coin here lol*
I'm okay with only the top six scoring points, so the old system should stay.
Yes, I read everything.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

MR.Alexander makes brief return
With the F1RWRS off-season in full swing, and a raft of changes to the sport in place, one might've been surprised to hear nothing from Mr.Alexander and the Kingfisher camp. Indeed, his personal life and his health has taken a priority in the Englishman's future. But he recently took some time to answer some questions over his team's future, and more importantly, his own. The interview was between MR.Alexander and F1RWRS.com journalist Amanda Hugginkiss.

AH: "Thank you for taking time to speak to us. First thing first, how are you?"
MA: "Fine. I'm on the mend, but it's been slow. Although I'm ok mentally, my physical condition has taken a big knock. The medication and regular check-up's with the consultants take a lot of my time. It's a shame, because I want to be back with the team as quickly as possible."
AH: "Is it safe to say you may not be back in time for pre-season?"
MA: "Yeah, pre-season looks difficult. Although it's not difficult for me to pick up the phone or send an e-mail or two, there's still a lot going on besides my illness that needs to be sorted out before I can devote my time with the team as much as I used to."
AH: "Have you at least confirmed anything for the new season, both your F1 and F2 teams are still unannounced."
MA: "Well, I can use this time to confirm everything now. David Neuberg will remain with the team after an agreement between two teams, one being MRT, was not reached in time. He's more than happy to stay, but have signed him to a one-year deal incase he wishes to move on at the end of the year. We won't ever prevent him from moving up the field. The second seat will be taken, again on a one-year deal, by Barri Mori. We reached an agreement with him several weeks ago but only now have I had the time to announce it. It's an exciting line-up. As for the F2 team, Martin van der Maeyede and Matthias Valsattis will remain. Both drivers proved their worth with dragging the team from the bottom of pre-qualifying to point-finishes with a few races. It's a great partnership. Martin is being watched very carefully this year, as we are looking to promote him to the F1 team next season. Maybe this year at some point if the situation calls for it."
AH: "And how about engines, tyres, chassis and anything else that needs sorting out?"
MA: "We are looking to keep the engine again this year. Although I need to go through the raft of rule-changes to see exactly what we can do. The tyres? We will be looking to make an approach to Bridgestone as we have been with them since our Formula 3 days. As for the chassis, we are building our own this year, as I think most other teams are too. We have yet to recieve our budget for the year, but we know it's high so will be looking to use as much as we can to develop our car and then again with David's personal sponsorship to improve the little things."
AH: "And finally, where do you expect the team to be in 2016?"
MA: "Difficult to say this early. Pre-season will tell us a lot. Some teams like Alitalia are speaking highly of themselves whilst others like HRT and Prospec may move backwards. Then there's Autodynamics and the ever-struggling Dofasco, who may string a surprise. Plus there's a new team I believe, so the recent rule-changes may make them competitive from day 1. But I'd be disappointed if we didn't have the midfield pace we showed last year. The unreliability of our aeging chassis really hurt us last year, as we should've had about 10 points instead of the 4 we got at Brands Hatch. I'm confident."
AH: "Thanks for your time."
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

My vote for ROTY goes thusly:

1. Daniel Melrose
2. HRT
3. Sunshine-Daihatsu
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:My vote for ROTY goes thusly:

1. Daniel Melrose
2. HRT
3. Sunshine-Daihatsu

+1

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So... No answers yet as to how the driver rankings will be calculated (or else I missed out and/or didn't understand). Will Pippa's 2012 itle be reflected in her stats? Will Douglas's equal record for number of race entries inflence his rankings? And will Ben Fleet's previous qualifying prowess carry forward?

And in the chat, there was talk of "factory teams" getting priority? How are these determined?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

dr-baker wrote:So... No answers yet as to how the driver rankings will be calculated (or else I missed out and/or didn't understand). Will Pippa's 2012 itle be reflected in her stats? Will Douglas's equal record for number of race entries inflence his rankings? And will Ben Fleet's previous qualifying prowess carry forward?

And in the chat, there was talk of "factory teams" getting priority? How are these determined?

There's a shitload of detailed info on the 2016 rules discussion thread. But yes, Pippa's title will be reflected (but I can't tell how much exactly because the exact number is RNG decided); Douglas record of race entries won't have an inmediate effect per-se, but more experience influences positively. And yes, Ben Fleet qualifying record will influence, as current Pay Drivers part from their current stats, and a RNG of +/-100 is played for each year of career.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

1 point: Sammy Jones' attitude
2 points: Holden
3 points: Sunshine

ROTY votes are OOC, right? And Pasta, what about the avatar challenge? Who wins? If I lose, my avatar of choice is "Di Resta to F1RM, 2016". :twisted:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Votes for ROTY:
1. HRT
2. Dofasco
3. Daniel Melrose

EDIT: Only realized just now that I can't vote for my own drivers. Oops.
Last edited by Aerospeed on 13 May 2013, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

FMecha wrote:1 point: Sammy Jones' attitude

Hahaha there's plenty more where that came from!

Speaking of which, did you fancy doing that Jones interview you were talking about a while back Klon? I was thinking we could open it up to allow questions from other people too?

And my ROTY nominations:

3 pts (1st): Melrose, what a cock for tearing that contract with Jones up!
2 pts (2nd): Sunshine, a pretty poor year from a front-running team in 2014
1 pt (3rd): Mitchell Macklin, F2RWRS champion, promptly gets outperformed by a bunch of past-it veterans and pay drivers in a slow car.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:Speaking of which, did you fancy doing that Jones interview you were talking about a while back Klon? I was thinking we could open it up to allow questions from other people too?

Yeah, I still would like to do it. Just a bit difficult to get a grip on time. Tell me when you can make it work and I will see how that fits with my schedule. As far as opening it up: great idea, since I figure we'd be doing it in the chatroom either way, we could just have anyone with questions join us.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Klon wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Speaking of which, did you fancy doing that Jones interview you were talking about a while back Klon? I was thinking we could open it up to allow questions from other people too?

Yeah, I still would like to do it. Just a bit difficult to get a grip on time. Tell me when you can make it work and I will see how that fits with my schedule. As far as opening it up: great idea, since I figure we'd be doing it in the chatroom either way, we could just have anyone with questions join us.

I'm free pretty much most evenings from about 6pm BST to 10pm BST, or would a weekend be a better fit?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

My Reject of the Year Nominations:

3rd: HRT
2nd: Sunshine
1st: Daniel Melrose
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Since I can't vote for HRT or (I assume) Melrose:

1st: Shinobu Katayama
2nd: Douglas Mann
3rd: Dofasco Racing
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speedcafe.com wrote:MRT to Goodyear in 2016?

Earlier today, MRT boss Daniel Melrose was spotted outside Goodyear Headquaters in Akron, Ohio amid rampant rumours that the defending champions could be switching tyre manufacturers for the upcoming season. While Melrose is currently in Ohio for an Indycar series test with MRT's American subsidiary Horizon Motorsport at the Mid-Ohio track in Lexington, the Australian allegedly took the opportunity to visit the Goodyear bosses in person to potentially flesh out a long-term deal with the manufacuter. While neither Melrose nor new MRT Technical Director James Key were available for comment, it is believed that Melrose is making the move in case fierce title rivals Jones Racing switch over from being the works Goodyear team to Michelin for 2016.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 30 Apr 2013, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie wrote:...new MRT Technical Director James Kaye...

What. :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:I'm free pretty much most evenings from about 6pm BST to 10pm BST, or would a weekend be a better fit?

Well, with that in mind: how about this Friday 9 pm?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Klon wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I'm free pretty much most evenings from about 6pm BST to 10pm BST, or would a weekend be a better fit?

Sounds good to me. So we're going for a live Q+A then?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:
Klon wrote:

Sounds good to me. So we're going for a live Q+A then?

That is the plan if that is cool with you.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yep Friday 9pm BST. I'll make sure I'm there. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Wizzie wrote:...new MRT Technical Director James Kaye...

What. :lol:

Must have somehow gotten Key and Kaye mixed up :oops:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

The 100th race in RWRS is going to be a momentous occasion, with celebrations globally, and will be a landmark in itself.

So why is the event currently scheduled to be the Monaco Grand Prix? :P

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, Monaco is a track which is not culturally attached to F1RWRS. So, I think a vote on a track that means a lot to F1RWRS should be held, with the 100th GP taking place there.

Thoughts?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:The 100th race in RWRS is going to be a momentous occasion, with celebrations globally, and will be a landmark in itself.

So why is the event currently scheduled to be the Monaco Grand Prix? :P

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, Monaco is a track which is not culturally attached to F1RWRS. So, I think a vote on a track that means a lot to F1RWRS should be held, with the 100th GP taking place there.

Thoughts?
I agree, RWRS shouldn't even go to Monaco, it's totally unrealistic.
Trump 2016
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

The other day I proposed changes in the calendar in the chat; I don't know if it's still Monaco scheduled to be 100th (Which is something I don't care about tbh).
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Aerond wrote:The other day I proposed changes in the calendar in the chat; I don't know if it's still Monaco scheduled to be 100th (Which is something I don't care about tbh).

Actually, that change made Monaco the 100th race. It was in Spa before that. We could just switch Belgium and Monaco around and be done with that topic.
Last edited by Klon on 01 May 2013, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

No problem to switch Spa for Monaco if that makes you happy
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As I continue my neverending quest to find Revolution a title sponsor whether they like it or not, the latest rumours that are about are former MRT associates Royal Dutch Shell are allegedly looking at becoming the title sponsors for Revolution. Apparently, it's partially because of MRT's new deal with PDVSA, and partially because it's far cheaper for them to go with Revolution while getting more exposure on the car in the process :P
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Wizzie wrote:As I continue my neverending quest to find Revolution a title sponsor whether they like it or not, the latest rumours that are about are former MRT associates Royal Dutch Shell are allegedly looking at becoming the title sponsors for Revolution. Apparently, it's partially because of MRT's new deal with PDVSA, and partially because it's far cheaper for them to go with Revolution while getting more exposure on the car in the process :P

I should go with a Claptrap quote from Poker Night 2, but...
„ALL CAPS IN” by Sam.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Aerond wrote:Potential tyre suppliers have 3 extra days to show up. andrew and Jeroen still to appear. Pasta, Nuppiz and Wafflecat have their role assured. Ataxia is next on the waiting list. If both andrew and Jeroen fail to appear, I will pass on the 5th slot to whoever wants it first.

I don't want to be "that guy", but you know...I think it's been three days.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ataxia wrote:
Aerond wrote:Potential tyre suppliers have 3 extra days to show up. andrew and Jeroen still to appear. Pasta, Nuppiz and Wafflecat have their role assured. Ataxia is next on the waiting list. If both andrew and Jeroen fail to appear, I will pass on the 5th slot to whoever wants it first.

I'd like to take the 5th slot if Jeroen and andrew don't appear.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Ataxia wrote:

I had it in mind :)

Well, Nuppiz, Wafflecat, Ataxia and pi can choose supplier in order (Michelin was taken by Pasta). andrew and Jeroen will be removed from waiting list too. I'll send you instructions tomorrow via PM
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

And I shall choose... Pirelli! Don't worry Stramala, I'm not going to ruin Alitalia with poor tyres. :)

In fact, would it be allowed to discuss the behavior of the tyres with potential customers?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Nuppiz wrote:And I shall choose... Pirelli! Don't worry Stramala, I'm not going to ruin Alitalia with poor tyres. :)

In fact, would it be allowed to discuss the behavior of the tyres with potential customers?

Yes, you can do that if you want; All I ask is that you don't reveal many info about the mechanics you'll have as tyre suppliers, but the kind of tyre a potential customer may be interested in is totally fine.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:And I shall choose... Pirelli! Don't worry Stramala, I'm not going to ruin Alitalia with poor tyres. :)

I hope so!

Given Pirelli's only customers are Alitalia and Mecha, and only one of those two teams will be competitive next year, I think it's perhaps in Pirelli's interest to make their tyres suit their number one customer to get better result and better exposure ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image