F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
the Masked Lapwing

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Just out of curiosity, did Jantscher even have the slightest relation to Bridgestone before now? I doubt it, since he'll be using Michelins in the F2 this season.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The Mad Uncle's dodgy accounting firm has returned for another year of draft budgets. Before we continue, one should note that neither ROTY credits (because the votes haven't officially been tallied yet), credits for signing F2RWRS drivers (have their own separate system even I can't remember or figure out myself), or proceeds from the sale of existing cars or engines have NOT been taken into account for these initial estimates. Bearing that in mind, I certify these estimates to be accurate to within +/-2%. Unless they're completely wrong, in which case blame Penultimo.

Anyway, here are the estimates:
MRT - 1000 (1450)
Jones - 1000 (1325)
Aeroracing - 1000 (1350)
Gillet - 548 (823)
Foxdale - 601 (876)
ArrowTech - 568 (843)
Kamaha - 580 (905)
Sunshine - 573 (1023)
Boxtel - 588 (913)
Kingfisher - 825 (1150)
Prospec - 528 (853)
HRT - 590 (940)
Tropico - 781 (1056)
Alitalia - 820 (1045)
Revolution - 495 (795)
Mecha - 423 (698)
Simpson - 683 (1008)
Autodynamics - 758 (1008)
Dofasco - 558 (683)
Gauthier - 1000

EDIT: Numbers in brackets are budgets once the mandatory sale of old engines is accounted for
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 19 Jun 2013, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Looks like Mecha and Dofasco will be spending yet another season in the DNPQ Club then :lol:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Just out of curiosity, did Jantscher even have the slightest relation to Bridgestone before now? I doubt it, since he'll be using Michelins in the F2 this season.

Well, they're both managed by me for a start ...actually, that's it really!

Just thought I'd try something completely outrageous just to see if it would work... :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hmm, so Foxdale have one of the smaller budgets then. Gonna have to be careful what I do with it then!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Impressive budgets for kingfisher and Alitalia there. Autodynamics should be moving up too with a healthy amount.

Btw, do we have to sell our engines? Or can we keep them?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Gillet, meanwhile, look like they're in deep trouble :|
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:Impressive budgets for kingfisher and Alitalia there. Autodynamics should be moving up too with a healthy amount.

Btw, do we have to sell our engines? Or can we keep them?

Engines have to be sold before the 2016 season. Teams are free to keep their 2015 chassis, however.

tommykl wrote:Gillet, meanwhile, look like they're in deep trouble :|

You're telling me. I actually had to show Lappy the calculations the first time I did it, simply because even I couldn't believe that Gillet were that deep in shite.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I'm actually reasonably peased with my budget, just hoping I don't end up flushing it down due to general failure. I thought I would be screwed but I seem not to be.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Yikes, at least we only have to buy an engine this year. It's a good thing the team can keep the chassis for this season :)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ataxia wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Aeroracing Engineering will use Bridgestone tyres for 2016. Works team, if possible.

Now then, do I have the deal for you!

You can become Bridgestone's works outfit if you sign Marko Jantscher as a reserve driver. You might want to wait until the tyre stats are released, but considering I think we've got a good tyre I'm sure this deal would suit us both...

OK then, give me Marko Jantscher, I don't really have a proper reserve driver anyway.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Phoenix wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Aeroracing Engineering will use Bridgestone tyres for 2016. Works team, if possible.

You can become Bridgestone's works outfit if you sign Marko Jantscher as a reserve driver. You might want to wait until the tyre stats are released, but considering I think we've got a good tyre I'm sure this deal would suit us both...

OK then, give me Marko Jantscher, I don't really have a proper reserve driver anyway.

Haha, wow...I kinda expected to get laughed out of the thread. That's a deal, then. :)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Haha, wow...I kinda expected to get laughed out of the thread. That's a deal, then. :)

And how much would Aeroracing be paying for the priviledge? ;)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Aerond will release the figures at a later date, I would imagine. All I can say is that it's a very reasonable sum of money, and it's a price that might attract some more teams down the line...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Aerond will release the figures at a later date, I would imagine. All I can say is that it's a very reasonable sum of money, and it's a price that might attract some more teams down the line...

Is this the point where, as one of the co-creators of the system, that I'm fairly certain prices are supposed to be negotiated between teams and manufacturers? Or have I missed something major somewhere along the line?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Wizzie wrote:Is this the point where, as one of the co-creators of the system, that I'm fairly certain prices are supposed to be negotiated between teams and manufacturers? Or have I missed something major somewhere along the line?

I am hoping that there is a rule that limits the prices in setting a minimum and maximum price. Hopefully most of the Tyre companies will charge the top teams with bundles of cash a premium rather then a discount otherwise the playing field is going to be more uneven then it has been. If HRT get a discount on tyres then most of us better forget any chance of the championship, wins, etc.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

SuperAguri wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Is this the point where, as one of the co-creators of the system, that I'm fairly certain prices are supposed to be negotiated between teams and manufacturers? Or have I missed something major somewhere along the line?

I am hoping that there is a rule that limits the prices in setting a minimum and maximum price. Hopefully most of the Tyre companies will charge the top teams with bundles of cash a premium rather then a discount otherwise the playing field is going to be more uneven then it has been. If HRT get a discount on tyres then most of us better forget any chance of the championship, wins, etc.

I believe the maximum price for tyres is 200 credits a season, but discounts can be given for multi-year contracts.

And what on earth are HRT gonna do with a discounted tyre contract? :P
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:And what on earth are HRT gonna do with a discounted tyre contract? :P

I think he means MRT ... as if LonWinsLol wasn't inevitable either way. :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SuperAguri wrote:

The supplies can't hand out discounts based on a team-by-team basis, it's against the rules. Only form of discount is long-term contracts, which are open to everyone.

For example, I will be offered a contract at the same amount as Mecha and Gauthier, even though of the three likely Pirelli teams, mine is the only likely to score points (or even escape PreQ).

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Michelin are offering one year deals to any team who is interested.

Unfortunately, we cannot disclose the, ahem, 'ow you say....price on the forums, but send me an email and I'll discuss the pricing arrangement with you.

However, we are VERY VERY VERY reasonable. Cheapest of all the manufacturers for a one year deal.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Michelin are offering one year deals to any team who is interested.

Unfortunately, we cannot disclose the, ahem, 'ow you say....price on the forums, but send me an email and I'll discuss the pricing arrangement with you.

However, we are VERY VERY VERY reasonable. Cheapest of all the manufacturers for a one year deal.

What? You can't disclose prices on the forum? That's all very underhand an secretive!!! Foxdale demand that there is tranparency in the series over prices! Not performance, let's not get too excited, but at least let the viewing public know what each team is likely to be forking out for the tyres, and let the teams compare the different brands...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Michelin are offering one year deals to any team who is interested.

What? You can't disclose prices on the forum? That's all very underhand an secretive!!! Foxdale demand that there is tranparency in the series over prices! Not performance, let's not get too excited, but at least let the viewing public know what each team is likely to be forking out for the tyres, and let the teams compare the different brands...

BINGO! Someone give this man a beer.

I mean, I have no problem with stating that the draft MRT-Dunlop contract is worth 100 credits a year for works status. It'll be a good reference point for everyone else to work from
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

You'll have the chance; but at the right time :) Be a little patient please
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ataxia wrote:Image

Why delay? WHY DELAY? WHY DELAY??? Do I need to spell it out again? Foxdale are not doing anything at all until ALL chassis, engine and tyre prices are finalised and published publically...
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:

Why delay? WHY DELAY? WHY DELAY??? Do I need to spell it out again? Foxdale are not doing anything at all until ALL chassis, engine and tyre prices are finalised and published publically...

The chassis prices for 2016 have been on the bottom of the wiki page for the better part of six months now :P
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Yeeehaaaa; finished doing drivers standings; This weekend I'll revise Wizzie's budgets and once this is done and ROTY votes are counted; we can start things rolling :)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerond wrote:Yeeehaaaa; finished doing drivers standings; This weekend I'll revise Wizzie's budgets and once this is done and ROTY votes are counted; we can start things rolling :)

Awesome, the wait is coming to an end. :D
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Aerond wrote:Yeeehaaaa; finished doing drivers standings; This weekend I'll revise Wizzie's budgets and once this is done and ROTY votes are counted; we can start things rolling :)

Awesome, the wait is coming to an end. :D

Bout time we got this show on the road. :mrgreen:

And good to see Mad Uncle's dodgy accounting is Commission-approved :P
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort.

*attractive yet slanderous poster*

@BridgestoneRWRS wrote:Oh, Pirelli. The tyre company firmly in the Alitalia camp wishes to talk favouritism, does it? Price for our tyres soon pending approval.

In all seriousness I find it very hard to pick fault, it's a nice poster AND you made a Pulp Fiction reference...damn you.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:I would advise Bridgestone cease their slanderous and baseless accusations against Pirelli. The contract Equipe Gauthier signed with Pirelli guarantees us equal footing with Alitalia, and we have no reason to believe the situation is any different with Mecha.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:I would advise Bridgestone cease their slanderous and baseless accusations against Pirelli. The contract Equipe Gauthier signed with Pirelli guarantees us equal footing with Alitalia, and we have no reason to believe the situation is any different with Mecha.
Alessandro Linari wrote:Yep Gauthier, no kidding. We thought Pirelli were in our back pocket for next season...well, apparently not. And, officially, we ain't even signed a flipping contract yet, we're just in quite advanced negotiations. So shut it Bridgestone, there's a reason we're going with Michelin in F2RWRS...well, because Pirelli was completely unfairly barred from supplying tyres was the first reason, but avoid Bridgestones was second.

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

See, this is what the F1 tyre war should have been like :lol:

Also, Aerond, what is your opinion on the Adelaide race naming thing? The Bathurst Regional Council is getting impatient :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Also, Aerond, what is your opinion on the Adelaide race naming thing? The Bathurst Regional Council is getting impatient :lol:

I'm going to save him the trouble of answering and tell you: he most likely doesn't care and follows the one that bitches the loudest and since eurobrun's whinging about this topic has been much more persistent and long-living, he will win and the current naming will stand. :lol:
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Klon wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:Also, Aerond, what is your opinion on the Adelaide race naming thing? The Bathurst Regional Council is getting impatient :lol:

I'm going to save him the trouble of answering and tell you: he most likely doesn't care and follows the one that bitches the loudest and since eurobrun's whinging about this topic has been much more persistent and long-living, he will win and the current naming will stand. :lol:

Klon may seem stupid at times but living on 3.50 worth of food a week is making him have his clever moments :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I think I'd best brush off these accusations of whatever with a full account of the facts here. No harm in revealing my plans to potential customers...

If you're after a contract, just drop me a PM and we can talk business. If you're not, then it's a shame but I'm not gonna go for the hard sell...

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So... Bridgestones will be 125 credits/year. What about the others? And I was thinking from the above exchange that Aerond was going to announce all prices at the same time. :roll: What do I know eh?
MCard LOLA
the Masked Lapwing

Autosport wrote:Bathurst start refunding tickets, threaten to lock out F1RWRS teams
The Bathurst Regional Council has responded to the F1RWRS Commission's refusal to back down over the recent naming rights issue, by refunding money to fans who have bought tickets to the event and offering remaining tickets for free. A spokesperson for the Council said "The fans have bought tickets to see the F1RWRS Australian Grand Prix at Mount Panorama, so it would be wrong of us to keep their money." The Council said that further measures would be taken if Commission President Daniel Prieto did not at least begin discussions with the council over the naming rights. "Prieto has shown no respect for anyone involved with his conduct, and it seems to us that he is simply being lazy. The Council is prepared to take extreme measures if Prieto continues this behaviour, including locking out all F1RWRS teams from the paddock and having no marshalls for the event. We'll see if Prieto is willing to risk driver safety."
It is believed that the Council is happy with the GTRWC and RTCC continuing to compete at their respective "Rounds of Australia" that same weekend, and will ensure that their teams and drivers are treated fairly.

Adelaide GP or South Australian GP. Simple.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosport wrote:Bathurst start refunding tickets, threaten to lock out F1RWRS teams
The Bathurst Regional Council has responded to the F1RWRS Commission's refusal to back down over the recent naming rights issue, by refunding money to fans who have bought tickets to the event and offering remaining tickets for free. A spokesperson for the Council said "The fans have bought tickets to see the F1RWRS Australian Grand Prix at Mount Panorama, so it would be wrong of us to keep their money." The Council said that further measures would be taken if Commission President Daniel Prieto did not at least begin discussions with the council over the naming rights. "Prieto has shown no respect for anyone involved with his conduct, and it seems to us that he is simply being lazy. The Council is prepared to take extreme measures if Prieto continues this behaviour, including locking out all F1RWRS teams from the paddock and having no marshalls for the event. We'll see if Prieto is willing to risk driver safety."
It is believed that the Council is happy with the GTRWC and RTCC continuing to compete at their respective "Rounds of Australia" that same weekend, and will ensure that their teams and drivers are treated fairly.

Alessandro Linari wrote:I'd like to call the round at Bathurst the "Nobody gives a f*** about your inconsequential tantrum Grand Prix". I mean christ, here I was thinking Aussies were known for having patience, but then we have this flaming galah crying his eyes out over nothing. The guy couldn't run a bath. I hope they lock the gates, then we can f*** off to New Zealand, damn sight better than these losers!

Image Image