F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

Post by Aerond »

Welcome to the 2015 F1RWRS thread!

Seeing as we´re going to need one thread per season F1RWRS discussion moves here.

I don´t think F1RWRS needs much presentation anymore, but there we go with a couple of useful links for users and newbies alike:

Wiki main page: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Rules: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/F ... ries_Rules
2015 season overview page: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2 ... ies_season
2015 chassis and engine list: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2 ... ngine_List

Remember that the 2015 market period will open on Wednesday 22nd August at 11PM Spanish Time. No Market operations will be valid until then. Market will be first come, first serve basis, as usual.

Here are links to past threads of F1RWRS:

2014: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4549
2010-2013: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3654

OFFICIAL WAITING LIST -- Updated as 19th January 2013

1. Pasta_Maldonado (Plus One)
2. Nuppiz
3. WaffleCat
4. Ataxia
5. pi314159
6. roblomas52
7. pycku
8. Ben Purse
9. darkapprentice77
10. Takagi_for_the_win
11. Matt121

Upgrading Update; From now on, team owners will be able to Spend quantities of 1Credit as for;

1 Credit -- 10 Reliability Points
1 Credit -- 2 Points of Qualifying or Race Grip for Drivers

Instead of a minimum of:

5 Credits -- 50 Reliability Points
10 Credits -- 20 Points of Qualifying or Race Grip for Drivers

Engine upgrading stay the same: 10 Credits - 1BHP
Last edited by Aerond on 02 May 2013, 17:16, edited 55 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerospeed

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season

Post by Aerospeed »

Aerond, is it allowed to send emails making offers to sell old chassis to other users right now?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Aerond, is it allowed to send emails making offers to sell old chassis to other users right now?

Yes, but no deal may be announced or official until the market starts. In said deal you must announce here which team sells chassis/engine to which other team and the ammount of credits involved. No other thing appart from credits may be part of said deal.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Aerond, I have a doubt regarding your mail.

When you say "Max Power: <some value> (Pendant engine choice)" are you saying that engine might change this value? I thought that it was regardless the engine and no possible updates could be done to this parameter...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

DanielPT wrote:Aerond, I have a doubt regarding your mail.

When you say "Max Power: <some value> (Pendant engine choice)" are you saying that engine might change this value? I thought that it was regardless the engine and no possible updates could be done to this parameter...

As your team is without an engine right now, it will depend the Max Power of that engine your maximum power. If the engine´s Max Power is lower than the chassis Max Power then the engine Max Power will mark the top, if not it will be the chassis.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Any chance of a link to explain what the Speed and Drivability on Chassis mean?
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

SuperAguri wrote:Any chance of a link to explain what the Speed and Drivability on Chassis mean?

Speed - self explanatory

Driveability - Affects the random grip formula that Aerond explained earlier
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
SuperAguri wrote:Any chance of a link to explain what the Speed and Drivability on Chassis mean?

Speed - self explanatory

But is speed so explanatory? Mainly due to the max BHP ratings of the chassis. The Lola T97 has a speed rating of 1 but you can shove 750BHP into it where as the Leyton House CG911 has a speed rating of 8 but you are limited to a mere 720BHP.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

All chassis/engine deals are done on a first come, first served basis, right?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

SuperAguri wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

Speed - self explanatory

But is speed so explanatory? Mainly due to the max BHP ratings of the chassis. The Lola T97 has a speed rating of 1 but you can shove 750BHP into it where as the Leyton House CG911 has a speed rating of 8 but you are limited to a mere 720BHP.

Speed used to affect how much the power of the engine was affected but now it affects driver performance. A better title for the column would probably be 'grip' or something like that
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

NOTICE TO ALL TEAM MANAGERS

Because it turns out I am dyslexic with numbers, two errors within the 2015 engine and chassis list have been found and rectified before the market opens on Wednesday night. The first concerns the Rial ARC-02 chassis. On the list, the chassis was initially listed as having 7000 reliability points. After reviewing the spreadsheet against the list, it turns out the chassis has, in fact, 2000 reliability points. The second concerns the Peugeot A7 engines. Again, it was listed as having 4000 reliability points but upon review, this was corrected to 6000 reliability points. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and I wish you all the best of luck in 2015.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:NOTICE TO ALL TEAM MANAGERS

Because it turns out I am dyslexic with numbers, two errors within the 2015 engine and chassis list have been found and rectified before the market opens on Wednesday night. The first concerns the Rial ARC-02 chassis. On the list, the chassis was initially listed as having 7000 reliability points. After reviewing the spreadsheet against the list, it turns out the chassis has, in fact, 2000 reliability points. The second concerns the Peugeot A7 engines. Again, it was listed as having 4000 reliability points but upon review, this was corrected to 6000 reliability points. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and I wish you all the best of luck in 2015.

OK, this is good that it has been corrected.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I have a question for Aerond - will you post to declare the market open or will it open on the dot of 11pm CET without any announcement?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Wait, wasn't it 10PM CET?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Shizuka wrote:Wait, wasn't it 10PM CET?

Correct. The opening is 11pm CEST, therefore it is 10pm CET/BST and 9pm GMT.

I have a question. How does the market actually work?? Do we email Aerond our chassis choice, do we have to form a queue like at the cheese counter and post on the 2015 thread when it's our turn, or something else entirely?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kostas22 wrote:

I have a question. How does the market actually work?? Do we email Aerond our chassis choice, do we have to form a queue like at the cheese counter and post on the 2015 thread when it's our turn, or something else entirely?

If it's anything like last year, we just post in the thread after the market opens on a first come, first serve basis.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

If it's anything like last year, we just post in the thread after the market opens on a first come, first serve basis.

Oh man, this is going to be one hell of a clusterf***....

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

kostas22 wrote:

I meant CEST, terminology fail. My question still stands.

The market is a mad scramble, and whoever's Internet is on form at the right time will get the best deal. In part that's the reason for my question.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Warren Hughes wrote:I have a question for Aerond - will you post to declare the market open or will it open on the dot of 11pm CET without any announcement?

I will post to declare the market open
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I am considering doing something absolutely batshite insane here...hmm...

Image Image
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I'm probably screwed. Hell yeah!

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Only 4 hours until this thread explodes with new and old teams fighting over their chassis and engine choices! Should be pretty intense :lol:

By the way, do the performance and reliability upgrades remain the same from 2014?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

AdrianSutil wrote:Only 4 hours until this thread explodes with new and old teams fighting over their chassis and engine choices! Should be pretty intense :lol:

Well, there are some teams that will stay out of it (Castrol Jones, for example), and then there are teams that only seek for a chassis (my team, for example).
At least in my case, I could buy a better "hand-me-down" chassis and that would still be an improvement! Hopefully I can be here in ... wait, I forgot, actually I can't be here, 23:00 is too late and I usually sleep by then. Well, fingers crossed.

RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

AdrianSutil wrote:Only 4 hours until this thread explodes with new and old teams fighting over their chassis and engine choices! Should be pretty intense :lol:

I can't wait, and I'm not in the F1RWRS yet. :D
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

By the way, do the performance and reliability upgrades remain the same from 2014?

Performance upgrades remain if you keep the same engine and reliability upgrades remain if you keep the same chassis
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Shizuka wrote:

Well, there are some teams that will stay out of it (Castrol Jones, for example), and then there are teams that only seek for a chassis (my team, for example).
At least in my case, I could buy a better "hand-me-down" chassis and that would still be an improvement! Hopefully I can be here in ... wait, I forgot, actually I can't be here, 23:00 is too late and I usually sleep by then. Well, fingers crossed.

Stop moaning, if your team sucked last season was because you blew your credits in a big reliability upgrade before making sure the car had enough speed before, and nothing else.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Shizuka wrote:

Gillet is another team I think are staying away tonight. I'm keeping my cards close to my chest but I do have money and selling either my chassis or engine pushes me into the 800 mark too.

As for sleeping, unless you want your team to suck again I'd stay awake. Heaven knows other members are going to do so.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Shizuka wrote:

Gillet is another team I think are staying away tonight. I'm keeping my cards close to my chest but I do have money and selling either my chassis or engine pushes me into the 800 mark too.

As for sleeping, unless you want your team to suck again I'd stay awake. Heaven knows other members are going to do so.

Still waiting for Plus One's time to shine, but...

THIS
IS
GONNA
BE
EPIC!!!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

We might not suck that much! Our target is to pre-qualify once anyway.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I like this. It's a real life mercato. Not calciomercato, but automercato. I was about to ask the question, who is going to do a Branca? And well, I already know the answer;

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:AUTOMERCATO: Trueba chassis transferred

GDS has learned that with only hours remaining before the RWRS market opens, Scuderia Alitalia have sold their 2014 chassis to another team ahead of next season. The exact team is not yet known, however the team in question is likely to be one of the various squads stuck in pre-qualifying for most of last season, rather than a top team.

When pulling into the team's factory car park, team principal Alasdair Lindsay was questioned by journos waiting for soundbites. His response was brief;

"A sale of the chassis has been concluded. Full economic rights will be trasferred at 2300 CEST. No other details will be disclosed at this time."

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Kingfisher planning a swap?
A handful of Kingfisher mechanics and designers have been spotted moving several key components from one department into a sealed storage unit near the Sevenoaks base recently. This may just be a little shuffle of equipment on the eve of the RWRS market opening, or it could be a hint as what Kingfisher are wanting to sell. The last few days has seen the usually open and talkative Mr.Alexander stay inside the office with the door closed, which as any journalist knows, is 'always open for a cup of coffee and a chat'. Many mechanics have refused to answer questions and neither Ashley Watkinson or David Neuberg have been visiting the factory in the last two weeks. Whether this is just down to the team getting on with pre-season development or something more serious, hopefully all the answers will be in the open tomorrow.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Sammy Jones: "Wake me up when this is all over."

As the announcements on F1RWRS teams' plans for the upcoming 2015 season reach boiling point this evening, Sammy Jones has declared the whole situation "a pathetic joke" and that he has requested some of his mechanics to wake him up later on when things have calmed down somewhat. It's a well-known fact that Jones had finalised the plans for his team for 2015 some time ago, with factory support from Ford coming in, and an updated chassis being designed, so the current activity is of little interest to him. Nonetheless, the Briton will want to keep a close eye on developments to see what his rivals plan to do for 2015.

Autosport understands that Gillet and Jones are currently well clear of the rest of the field as far as the bookmakers are concerned on the outcome of both championships. Currently William Hill are offering 4-1 odds that Gillet will scoop both titles, with Jones at 7-1 for the same result. The next best are DGNgineering, which, with their plans still not yet announced, are some way behind on 15-1.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Seeing as I cocked up my evening by thinking that Waterloo Road started tonight (it actually starts tomorrow :? ), this should bring great entertainment. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wow. I get back from holiday at lunchtime today to find the internet not working; it was sorted just before dinner; I come on in time to discover that the market is less than an hour away from opening! :o :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I'd like to remind team owners that any upgrade operation must be done via email and that I will not atend any upgrade petition done through the forum
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to end very badly for me? :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Is it a problem that the stress of waiting for this has literally kept me up for half the night?

Then again, that might have been due to the fact that I'm coming to the realisation that my Business Report might just be a pile of excrement :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerond wrote:I'd like to remind team owners that any upgrade operation must be done via email and that I will not atend any upgrade petition done through the forum

I've had a lot of posts to catch up on since I disappeared on holiday last Thursday, so thanks for the reminder. We email you what we want via the button below your avatar photo? Can we post on here as well anyway?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
Aerond wrote:I'd like to remind team owners that any upgrade operation must be done via email and that I will not atend any upgrade petition done through the forum

I've had a lot of posts to catch up on since I disappeared on holiday last Thursday, so thanks for the reminder. We email you what we want via the button below your avatar photo? Can we post on here as well anyway?

You can post them here as well if you want us muppets to find out. It just won't be counted for anything :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kostas22 wrote:
La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:AUTOMERCATO: Trueba chassis transferred

GDS has learned that with only hours remaining before the RWRS market opens, Scuderia Alitalia have sold their 2014 chassis to another team ahead of next season. The exact team is not yet known, however the team in question is likely to be one of the various squads stuck in pre-qualifying for most of last season, rather than a top team.

When pulling into the team's factory car park, team principal Alasdair Lindsay was questioned by journos waiting for soundbites. His response was brief;

"A sale of the chassis has been concluded. Full economic rights will be trasferred at 2300 CEST. No other details will be disclosed at this time."

5 bucks says it's Shonan :lol: