F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

Post by Nuppiz »

Aerond wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:And I shall choose... Pirelli! Don't worry Stramala, I'm not going to ruin Alitalia with poor tyres. :)

In fact, would it be allowed to discuss the behavior of the tyres with potential customers?

Yes, you can do that if you want; All I ask is that you don't reveal many info about the mechanics you'll have as tyre suppliers, but the kind of tyre a potential customer may be interested in is totally fine.

Yeah that's what I had in mind - no numbers or anything (except for the projected price), just general discussion on where to concentrate and where to put less resources into.

Stramala wrote:Given Pirelli's only customers are Alitalia and Mecha, and only one of those two teams will be competitive next year, I think it's perhaps in Pirelli's interest to make their tyres suit their number one customer to get better result and better exposure ;)

Hit me a message on Skype and we can discuss the matter. :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Anyone burning to ask a question to Sammy Jones, get over to the chatroom now! :)

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23F1Rejects
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AndreaModa wrote:Anyone burning to ask a question to Sammy Jones, get over to the chatroom now! :)

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23F1Rejects

Transcript of the interview:

Sammy Jones: AndreaModa
Willi van de Bloedevotz: Klon
Tom Sutton: Pasta
Mike O'Kane: Atax1a

Willi van de Bloedevotz: Well, Mr. Jones, first off I am thankful for you joining us for this interview. Only a few weeks have passed since what appears to be your final F1RWRS race, the Baltic Sea Grand Prix, where you finished fifth after battling with young talents Yuka Katayama and Jordan Davies. Was that race the way you'd imagine your final race?

Sammy Jones: Well, if I'm honest, I still feel great, and I think I could compete for at least another two seasons. But I'm a realist, and I know what whilst I had success in F1, in these later years I've struggled somewhat for competitiveness. I had the chance to sign Rhys, and took it. Doing that was the best thing I've done for my team for a long time. He may be the same age as me, but he has a lot more to give yet, you'll see that for sure.

Tom Sutton: Some have called for a return to the wilder days of F1RWRS, with more open regulations and spats between drivers, most notable between yourself, McAllister and Morii, dominating the headlines. Do you echo these calls?
SJ: I don't think it's ever gone away really, there's been a whole host of incidents this year, and not all of them involving me. I think F1RWRS is as healthy as it's ever been, both on track and off. The rivalries are what make it so great, people want to see genuine people with genuine passions for racing, that's all it is at the end of the day. There are some arseholes in the paddock, but if there wasn't, it would be a lot more boring

WVDB: You just said that Rhys Davies has a lot to give. With him and Rosco Vantini, how do you see your team's chances for 2016? And who will be your strongest rivals for whatever goal you want to achieve?

SJ: It's definitely the best line-up we've ever had. Having Dagnall in 2011 and 2012 comes close, but here we've now got the blend of youth and experience. It's an old cliche, but these boys have it in them to win the title, we've seen that this year.....and Vantini, what can you say about the kid? He's blown everyone out of the water this year - put him in the MRT and he'd give Dagnall Jr a run for his money that’s for sure, especially now his daddy isn't around to wipe his arse.

TS: It has been 5 years since the unfortunate passing of your father, Harvey Jones. How much have decisions you've made been influenced by him, and if he were alive today, do you think he would be proud of the achievements of Jones Racing?

SJ: It was tough in 2011, I'd just set the team up, there was a whole load of shite going on, my performances on track were affected massively, I DNPQd so many times that year whilst Dagnall did all the work. He inspired me to go out there and make the bold decisions without having second thoughts. He was a man of conviction, and knew right from wrong, and whilst I've sometimes strayed from that belief at times since his death, I'd like to think I've done him proud in what I've achieved so far with my team, and what we'll go on to achieve in future. I always knew he wanted his own team, so I think for him to see me set my own up just before he died was the perfect present to him, and in a way, having supported my career his whole life, it sort of completed him. It made it easier for him to die, knowing that his son had achieved everything he'd wanted to himself.

WVDB: Speaking of your father: with him being a Formula One race-winner, it seemed obvious that you would try your hand at motorsport. What I am pondering is was just something that came "with the flow", so to speak, or was there a specific moment when you decided you wanted to do motorsport for a career?

SJ: Well I was born when Dad was starting out in F1, so for me growing up, I would always see pictures, and meet people who knew him from his racing days. He was such a racer himself that I think he always wanted me to replicate what he'd done, so I'd definitely say he nudged me towards competing, but at no point did he ever buy me a kart and point at the thing and say "I want you to drive this" or whatever. It was my choice to start out back in the mid 80s, I think it was 87 that I first started to dream of racing at the highest level, and that's when we started to take it seriously, and of course my Dad was there to support me at every opportunity.

TS: Is there any truth to rumours that Castrol are seeking to pull out of Jones Racing by the end of 2016?

SJ: This is an interesting one, I wasn't expecting a question like this because I thought we'd kept this under wraps but some shit-for-brains must have let it slip. What I'll say for the time being is that Castrol has been a superb partner for Jones Racing, their support got the team off it’s knees in 2013, and allowed us to jump right back into F1RWRS after Marlboro pulled the plug. They have stood by the team through some tough times image-wise and allowed us to maintain ourselves at the front of the grid. They are reviewing their global sponsorship commitments at the present time, and that includes their deal with us. There's no plans for any exit, but we're prepared if the decision to leave comes through. It's no sweat for us, as a top team we have a number of parters in line to replace Castrol if they choose to walk away - and we've already confirmed Marlboro will be returning to the team for 2016.

WVDB: You said Castrol helped you immensely in 2013. Generally, that year must have been a rather challenging one for you with the not-quite withdrawal of your team, the return with a win at the third race of the season and a driver change shortly before the end of the year. Would you say 2013 was the toughest year of your career as a team owner?

SJ: Arguably yes, but 2011 when we set the team up was hard too. The thing with 2013 was the upheaval with the rules. The commission left it so late, we'd already developed a car, and when everything came through, we needed more money from Marlboro, and they weren't interested and pulled out. As soon as that happened, we lost the contract for the Renault engines as we couldn't pay the bill, and it spiralled from there. I kept it hushed at the time because the team had enough trouble as it was without speculation is going to be wound up on top of it too. Fortunately, the search for a new sponsor didn't take too long, Castrol came in and we were good to go for Mexico. Signing Lon to the team was fortuitous, but he'd had enough of Kamaha, so we grabbed the opportunity with both hands and he had nothing to loose. The issues later on in the year were a real shame. I think with Lon still young, even now, we could have really built a team around him and gone from there. But things were getting out of hand with the allegations, I had Nabisco on my back threatening to pull the Oreo sponsorship, and the bastards did in the end anyway. We had a deal with Embassy to come in, and the bad press was enough to put them off, so in the end, I felt I had no choice but to cut loose and start afresh.

TS: Jones Racing Group have arguably dealt with a lot of young talent in it's existence, but the most notable has to be Danny van Rijkens. Having raced for Jones Racing's RoLFS operation, would you be pleased to work with van Rijkens again in F1RWRS?

SJ: Definitely. I saw Danny during a trip to South Africa, and he's a really impressive kid. He's done great things in the Tropico car, and he's really grabbed that opportunity with both hands. If he continues to improve, and the opportunity arises, then I'd definitely like to see him back in a Jones Racing car.

WVDB: Before van Rijkens's success, however, the one driver of your squad tipped for a great future was Terry Hawkin. However, you removed him from your Formula 2 squad and moved him to the IFRC. Some pundits fear that this could hurt his career with it being difficult to proceed from that series to F1RWRS. Would you consider those fears irrational?

SJ: Definitely. The way I see it, F2RWRS is on a slippery slope. We've seen it all the time with the feeder series below the main championship - Formula 2, F3000, GP2, all have fallen away to be shadows of what they once were, and I think F2RWRS will go the same way. Terry is still very young, my original plan for him was to have him compete for two years in F3RWRS, but he almost took the title despite missing a whole race weekend, and he really impressed in his stints for Gillet, and the Jones Italia, don't get me started on that bathplug, so I felt it was only right to give him a full time drive in F2RWRS in 2015. But it's clear the apparent "parity" between engine suppliers is virtually non-existent, and the racing itself is very poor. The IFRC is a fresh start for that series, and I think it's got massive potential. We've seen many drivers come through it's predecessor, least of all van Rijkens who we've already spoken about, and I think in a year or two we'll be mentioning Hawkin in the same breath. The IFRC is a steady ship, it's run by people who know what they're doing, and I think that's vital when you have young drivers' careers on the line. bathplug it up for them is so painfully unfair, and that's why I don't want Hawkin in F2RWRS anymore.

WVDB: If'd you have to give someone who is currently in a junior series, maybe Formula Ford like you were, one critical piece of advice: what would it be?

SJ: To not take shite from anyone. Get yourself someone to back you up, on the same wavelength as you, and push to the limit. People will try and kock you down at every turn, and the important thing is, every time, dust yourself off and come back harder. It's the only way you'll ever shut them up.

Mike O'Kane: Whilst driving for you, Rosco Vantini was a massive success. However, his former championship rival Mitchell Macklin floundered somewhat. Do you feel that the talent in F2RWRS is a bit hit and miss?

SJ: Undoubtedly. It's one of the big flaws of F2RWRS, hence why I don't want Hawkin in it. Look at Alberto Cara for example - top driver, massive potential, and yet he's been left to flounder without a chance in F1RWRS where he deserves to be. The same thing can be said of Marie Simon. She was shafted by MRT who threw the title to Macklin like you'd throw a bone to a bathplug dog, and she came through it with an offer from me on the table for 2015. She never returned my calls though, so we went for Vantini instead once Melrose didn't want to play ball. And instead she's rocked up at Revolution, which is a good team, and I think she's been given a hard time by some sections of the press, but she can definitely take that team somewhere in future.

TS: With several teams now lodging entry applications, although a space has not yet opened up, who out of the hopefuls would you most like to see on the F1RWRS grid?

SJ: To be honest, right now it's hard to say. I like the look of the Nebula/Fusion set-up, it's a bit complex from what I understand with them, but I think from what they've achieved in the lower series, they can be a good team for F1RWRS. Plus One are another well run team, though I despise the "Good Call" marketing ploy. Whoever thought of that idea needs to be shot. Good Call is 2012 vintage! Luke Knight is a bit too arrogant as well, I think he'll find himself on the wrong side of a few of us next year, least of all because he likes getting too cosy with that scumbag Linari.

WVDB: Well, the media has talked a lot about who is your wrong side but one thing that, well, kind of is unknown to most: who does Sammy Jones consider friends on the grid? Does the sport allow for friendships at all or are the competitive spirits too hard to handle?

SJ: No absolutely, I've always had a good relationship with Rhys, it made it so much easier signing him to the team. And all of the drivers I've worked with I'd like to think they see me as I see them, mutual friends all enjoying what we do. I've always been good mates with Chris Dagnall as well, right from when I drove alongside him at Arrows in Germany in 1999. He's an absolute legend, a credit to motorsport.

WVDB: You hired a lot of former Formula 1 drivers for your team, not only Chris Dagnall but Daniel Melrose as well. You have driven against both during your own Formula One career, mostly against Daniel Melrose though - he won many F1 championships a few years ago. Would you say that you could have been a F1 world champion if not for him?

SJ: Yes, I've no doubt about that. I made some poor career choices back then as well, but yeah Melrose was around at precisely the wrong time for me. I've heard a lot of rumours that he and his team broke a lot of rules back then, which explains why he did so well. It always seemed to good to be true, and maybe the truth will come out one day I don't know. But I won races, and enjoyed a lot of success in F1, and made a lot of friends as well. There was a crop of us in F1 that moved to F1RWRS when it started up, and in a way, although we've had our differences, it's been like being in a class at school, going through things with the same people around you. That shouldn't be forgotten, we all wanted the same thing, success and glory, and we've all worked damn hard to try and achieve that.

TS: Spanning 16 years, you've driven many different F1 and F1RWRS cars. However, is there a car you haven't raced in that stands out in the history of either F1 or F1RWRS as a car you'd love to drive?

SJ: I'd have loved that MRT last year! You could have put a monkey in that car and it could have won the title, only the genius of Dagnall stopped Melrose's boys from sweeping the titles, and even then he eventually won the title in a bathplug MRT. Funny how the world works. But aside from that, I would have liked to have been teammate to Melrose in F1, just to see how good I would have been directly up against him. And I would love to have a drive in one of my Dad's cars. Maybe his 1980 Lotus, he had some great drives in that.

WVDB: One more question: what does the future hold for Sammy Jones?

SJ: The future? Well team ownership is where it's at, some say it's a bit dull, but I'm loving it. Not driving is going to be tough to get used to but it had to happen at some point, and now I have the opportunity to put all my efforts into making Jones Racing the best motorsport organisation in the world. We have some big plans for chassis building, the start of which is being seen in F3RWRS. When F2RWRS opens up, we'll be tendering there, and we'll no doubt be examining other options in future as well. America has always been somewhere I'd like to try out, so maybe a move over there perhaps, but for now, my main focus is knocking MRT and that smug bastard Melrose off the top of his perch, and make Jones Racing the best team in the F1RWRS.

TS: Thank you for your time, Mr Jones.

SJ: It's been a pleasure. Thank you for attending!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

E-mail sent to tyre manufacturers!!!
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ROTY voting ends today!!!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

3 points for DGNgineering
2 points for Kay Lon
1 point for Dofasco
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

3 punti: Daniel Melrose
2 punti: DGNgineering
1 punto: Kay Lon
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

3 points: Daniel Melrose
2 points: Dofasco
1 point: HRT
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

ROTY

1 - Sunshine Daihatsu - Not a patch on the last few seasons, it was them or HRT...
2 - Mitchell Macklin - 16 Failures to qualify and the only one that does is a pay driver who was critisised for being slow...
3 - Kay Lon - Did basically bugger all most of the seaon. At least Melrose buggered off for most of the season.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Autosport wrote:Bathurst likely to commence legal action over GP name
A spokesman for the Bathurst Regional Council has today admitted that the New South Wales town "is considering taking legal action against the F1RWRS Commission over the name of the F1RWRS Grand Prix to held in 2016." Mount Panorama Circuit has hosted the F1RWRS Australian Grand Prix since 2011, and is scheduled to continue holding a race until 2018. However, the draft calendars published by the Commission have shown Bathurst as hosting the New South Wales Grand Prix, a title previously held by Eastern Creek Raceway in Sydney, while the Australian Grand Prix is to be the name of the race in Adelaide. The change was brought on by residents of Adelaide complaining of the previous name, the Tasman Grand Prix, and the Commission responded by changing the names of the two Australian rounds.
The spokesman said that "we [the Regional Council] have a contract with the F1RWRS Commission to host the Australian Grand Prix until 2018, and we are disappointed the Commission has removed the title without our approval. We view this as a breach of contract and we will consider taking legal action if an agreement cannot be reached."
The spokesman also suggested that Adelaide could easily come up with a new name, rather than taking the Australian GP title, such as the Adelaide Grand Prix, South Australian Grand Prix or Pacific Grand Prix, and also recommended "using the Tasman GP name like they have happily done since 2010, as it is a part of F1RWRS history in a significant season for the sport."

So it begins :twisted:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

The Tasman GP name is stupid and totally inaccurate as Adelaide is nowhere near either Tasmania or the Tasman sea.

TMLW, did you include that sentence just to troll me?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

eurobrun wrote:The Tasman GP name is stupid and totally inaccurate as Adelaide is nowhere near either Tasmania or the Tasman sea.

TMLW, did you include that sentence just to troll me?

Yes, yes I did :lol:

You couldn't expect me to write something about this and not say "keep it the same!" could you?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alessandro Linari wrote:Adelaide? They can call it the New Zealand Grand Prix for all I care.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:
Alessandro Linari wrote:Adelaide? They can call it the New Zealand Grand Prix for all I care.

I vote for "Voeckler Grand Prix".
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I'll say it's the Adelaide GP and call it a day.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ataxia wrote:
Stramala wrote:

I vote for "Voeckler Grand Prix".

I second this proposal.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann, Douglas Mann, Ben Fleet wrote:MANX GP! MANX GP! MANX GP!

Because, why not? It makes about as Tasman or New Zealand and a lot more sense than the punny Voeckler GP...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:
Pippa Mann, Douglas Mann, Ben Fleet wrote:MANX GP! MANX GP! MANX GP!

Because, why not? It makes about as Tasman or New Zealand and a lot less sense than the AWESOME Voeckler GP...

Fixed.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

The Nicchis wrote:VATICAN GP! VATICAN GP! VATICAN GP!
Trump 2016
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Aren't there more important things than race names? Anyway, just call Adelaide the South Australian GP, and the problem is sorted out.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JeremyMcClean wrote:I'll say it's the Adelaide GP and call it a day.

Wait wait wait, I've got an excellent idea. Let's combine this with the Voeckler GP proposal to get... the Adélaïde Voeckler GP! :D
Everything's great.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:I'll say it's the Adelaide GP and call it a day.

Wait wait wait, I've got an excellent idea. Let's combine this with the Voeckler GP proposal to get... the Adélaïde Voeckler GP! :D

Yes. :)

A quick vote of ROTY shows Melrose way ahead of everyone else in 1st place voting.
Trulli bad puns...
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Here something, the Adelaide not Tasman GP
Officially Retired
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Nah. We have more than enough Grand Prix designations in Australia, so we don't need a new one - I for my part would have prefered to stick with Tasman, but the way it is right now is acceptable.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Hi guys!!

Just a quick update: For the first time in ages I've had a few spare hours and I've advanced a lot in stat making. I'll try to get more hours tomorrow to finish them. I already have all of the tyre stats as well :) Hope we get going soon!!
the Masked Lapwing

Aerond wrote:Hi guys!!

Just a quick update: For the first time in ages I've had a few spare hours and I've advanced a lot in stat making. I'll try to get more hours tomorrow to finish them. I already have all of the tyre stats as well :) Hope we get going soon!!

While you're available, can we be told who's in charge of each tyre? And how the Commission is to respond to Bathurst's threats?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Aerond wrote:Hi guys!!

While you're available, can we be told who's in charge of each tyre? And how the Commission is to respond to Bathurst's threats?

Michelin - Pasta
Pirelli - Nuppiz
Dunlop - pi1314
Goodyear - Wafflecat
Bridgestone - Ataxia
-----
Goodride - Aerond
RonDenisDeletraz

Goodride? I thought the tyre manufacturers were decided to be the ones from 2015 minus Engelbert

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As announced earlier, MRT will become the Dunlop works team for 2016 and 2017, with a 100 credit a year contract with the Japanese manufacturer.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

eurobrun wrote:Goodride? I thought the tyre manufacturers were decided to be the ones from 2015 minus Engelbert

I assume Goodride is the cheap and "cheerful" option.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Goodride? I thought the tyre manufacturers were decided to be the ones from 2015 minus Engelbert

I assume Goodride is the cheap and "cheerful" option.

No, there is no truth to the rumours that it's merely a Mad Uncle ponzi scheme involving a scrapyard with Goodride signs plastered all over it. :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

IMO the cheap tyre company should not be Goodride. They're too well known.

Instead, the cheap manufacturer should be Woosung, with their trademark tyre model Darkhorse. Now those are some really awful tyres!

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aeroracing Engineering will use Bridgestone tyres for 2016. Works team, if possible.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Foxdale wants to be the works Dunlop team if possible. But in any case, Foxdale would like a multi-year contract.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Never heard of Goodride before. Good to know you're back Aerond!!

(P.S. Any luck on the stage? :) )
Trulli bad puns...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

My advice regarding tyres is to wait until I publish the list of manufacturers with stats, prices, and everything. Have in mind that the commission may impose some changes to tyre stats :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerond wrote:My advice regarding tyres is to wait until I publish the list of manufacturers with stats, prices, and everything. Have in mind that the commission may impose some changes to tyre stats :)

Cool. I would like to know what I am letting myself in for before I definitely commit to anything.

Any idea of timescales for these things? When prices and budgets will be announced etc?
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

dr-baker wrote:
Aerond wrote:My advice regarding tyres is to wait until I publish the list of manufacturers with stats, prices, and everything. Have in mind that the commission may impose some changes to tyre stats :)

Cool. I would like to know what I am letting myself in for before I definitely commit to anything.

Any idea of timescales for these things? When prices and budgets will be announced etc?

Basically when I get all the stuff done. I don't want to say a date in case my schedule goes crazy again, but it shouldn't be as bad as it's been in the last 45 days for the next few months.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerond wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Basically when I get all the stuff done. I don't want to say a date in case my schedule goes crazy again, but it shouldn't be as bad as it's been in the last 45 days for the next few months.

OK. Just that my schedule after 1st July is crazy, so if you could give at least 7 days' notice before any markets open, that would be much appreciated!
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Phoenix wrote:Aeroracing Engineering will use Bridgestone tyres for 2016. Works team, if possible.

Now then, do I have the deal for you!

You can become Bridgestone's works outfit if you sign Marko Jantscher as a reserve driver. You might want to wait until the tyre stats are released, but considering I think we've got a good tyre I'm sure this deal would suit us both...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...