The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Ed Wood Movie Thread

Post by Faustus »

I'm going to see 'Rush' in the cinema 10 days before general release. Cineworld Unlimited is great!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Faustus wrote:I'm going to see 'Rush' in the cinema 10 days before general release. Cineworld Unlimited is great!

It's fair to say I envy you right now.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

FullMetalJack wrote:
Faustus wrote:I'm going to see 'Rush' in the cinema 10 days before general release. Cineworld Unlimited is great!

It's one of the perks of Cineworld Unlimited. Every month there is an advance preview just for Unlimited cardholders and luckily in September it's 'Rush'.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Faustus wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:

It's one of the perks of Cineworld Unlimited. Every month there is an advance preview just for Unlimited cardholders and luckily in September it's 'Rush'.

Lucky bastard! There was a similar thing in my area when they were showing "The Dark Knight Rises" You could see it at one place the day before the general release, but it was $25, and part of an all-nighter that showed "Batman Begins", and "The Dark Knight" beforehand. Still, I kick myself for not doing it.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Just for that, I'm going to see if my cousin, who works for Odeon head office, can sort out us out with premiere tickets.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

What's the best and worst Pixar films you've seen. The best for me was Finding Nemo which was colorful and touched my heart while the worst was Cars 2 which had too much focus on the annoying Mater.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What's the best and worst Pixar films you've seen. The best for me was Finding Nemo which was colorful and touched my heart while the worst was Cars 2 which had too much focus on the annoying Mater.

The Toy Story films are the best, in fact most of what Pixar creates is good e.g the Incredibles, WALL.E and Up.
I don't know the worst film is in my opinion and also I haven't seen Cars 2.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

A Bug's Life is massively underrated.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What's the best and worst Pixar films you've seen. The best for me was Finding Nemo which was colorful and touched my heart while the worst was Cars 2 which had too much focus on the annoying Mater.

I was in that generation were there was no such thing as a CGI animated movie. But to answer the question. "Up" would probably be my favorite of the bunch. Great storyline that you can enjoy both as a kid, and an adult. My most disliked is "A Bugs Life", uses that "exaggerated liar" plot which has been done way to many times, and I hate so much. (It makes the plot way to predictable.)

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

DOSBoot wrote:

I was in that generation were there was no such thing as a CGI animated movie. But to answer the question. "Up" would probably be my favorite of the bunch. Great storyline that you can enjoy both as a kid, and an adult. My most disliked is "A Bugs Life", uses that "exaggerated liar" plot which has been done way to many times, and I hate so much. (It makes the plot way to predictable.)

Come on, you've got to love PT Flea, haven't you?
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

watka wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:

Come on, you've got to love PT Flea, haven't you?

Not really, no. I'll take "Up", the "Toy Story" trilogies, and "Wall-E" any day of the week.

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Am I the only one here who's never seen one of these CGI films, whether they're from Pixar or that other lot?

It must be something to do with not having any kids.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

dinizintheoven wrote:Am I the only one here who's never seen one of these CGI films, whether they're from Pixar or that other lot?

Hell, it was brand new when I just started getting out of that thing. I was one who grew up in the hand drawn era. (if anyone is old enough to remember that.)

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Least favourite:Cars 2--Wow,this was the moment I though Pixar had lost it. Thank goodness for...

Best Feature Film:Brave--Great story,jaw-dropping visuals,all-round amazing story.But,although it is the best Pixar feature-length film,it's not the best Pixar film....

Best Pixar Film:The Blue Umbrella--The main reason I'm planning to buy Monsters University on DVD. To watch this. At first I thought this was a live-action short,and I think this might be the best thing to come out of Pixar...ever.

Sorry,getting a little dreamy about Pixar being a fan of its work.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Best: Up or Toy Story 3, phenomenal stories and downright tear jerkers.

Worst: Cars 2, no question. Let's have a movie about cars, that doesn't involve any! Instead let's focus on a tow truck and a hovercraft! Plus Pixar's strength was putting in a bunch of stuff for adults as well, nope Cars 2 was 100% kiddie-fluff all the way.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Just watching the recent Star Wars Movies and i don't understand why Hayden Christiansen was so maligned by critics as he won 2 Golden Raspberry awards for Worst Supporting Actor. Can someone clear up why that was the case.

Also What's Ewan McGregor been doing since then. I last saw him at the MotoGP Silverstone round Last year.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Also What's Ewan McGregor been doing since then. I last saw him at the MotoGP Silverstone round Last year.

His post-2005 filmography includes:

Stormbreaker (who remembers that?!)
Angels and Demons (is the Vatican cardinal/priest who eventually set himself alight)
I Love You Phillip Morris (jail film I think)
The Men Who Stare at Goats (film about psychics or something)
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (rom-com)
The Impossible (2004 tsunami story)
Jack the Giant Slayer (Oh dear)

Of course, I'm guessing McGregor went to attend a MotoGP race because he rides bikes when he's not acting, making famous autobiographies and TV programmes out of it.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Also What's Ewan McGregor been doing since then. I last saw him at the MotoGP Silverstone round Last year.

His post-2005 filmography includes:

Stormbreaker (who remembers that?!)
Angels and Demons (is the Vatican cardinal/priest who eventually set himself alight)
I Love You Phillip Morris (jail film I think)
The Men Who Stare at Goats (film about psychics or something)
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (rom-com)
The Impossible (2004 tsunami story)
Jack the Giant Slayer (Oh dear)

Of course, I'm guessing McGregor went to attend a MotoGP race because he rides bikes when he's not acting, making famous autobiographies and TV programmes out of it.

I watched Angels and Demons on our tour bus when we went to Italy in July. Never thought it was him. What about this Renton character he played in some show called Trainspotting?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What about this Renton character he played in some show called Trainspotting?

I am yet to watch Trainspotting (which is a film) but I am told it is really good, a classic. It was made in the mid-1990s by Danny Boyle about some drug abusers in Edinburgh, with hardly anything to do with trainspotting. One scene which has been mentioned to me several times is when McGregor is looking for drugs in a toilet and he hallucinates, thinking he is swimming in a lake! :lol:

DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

good_Ralf wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What about this Renton character he played in some show called Trainspotting?

I am yet to watch Trainspotting (which is a film) but I am told it is really good, a classic. It was made in the mid-1990s by Danny Boyle about some drug abusers in Edinburgh, with hardly anything to do with trainspotting. One scene which has been mentioned to me several times is when McGregor is looking for drugs in a toilet and he hallucinates, thinking he is swimming in a lake! :lol:

Think that's crazy, wait until you see the "dirty bed sheet" scene. ;) No man can call himself a Danny Boyle fan until he's seen "Trainspotting".

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Anyone watched the Bourne Identity trilogy? I have.

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

good_Ralf wrote:Anyone watched the Bourne Identity trilogy? I have.

Love them. 'Bourne Legacy' is not as good, but it's still a good film.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

DOSBoot wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:

Think that's crazy, wait until you see the "dirty bed sheet" scene. ;) No man can call himself a Danny Boyle fan until he's seen "Trainspotting".

Also, anyone who hasn't seen Trainspotting needs to do so to get all the parallels I've drawn between Adrian Sutil and Begbie.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Soooooo, it turns out I can get into the premiere of Rush at Leicester Square tomorrow! I'll let you guys how it goes, it's not like I can give away any plot spoilers!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

watka wrote:Soooooo, it turns out I can get into the premiere of Rush at Leicester Square tomorrow! I'll let you guys how it goes, it's not like I can give away any plot spoilers!

Look forward to the review. :)

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:Soooooo, it turns out I can get into the premiere of Rush at Leicester Square tomorrow! I'll let you guys how it goes, it's not like I can give away any plot spoilers!

In the trailer, I saw Niki Lauda's crash at the Nurburgring. I bet Hollywood will make out that he only just survived that and was back in the car within 6 weeks. As if that could happen in real life! :roll:

;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

The Rush premiere was brilliant last night, even managed to get into the afterparty too! No pictures though, most of the celebs went straight to the VIP area, Ross Brawn was loitering about but I was too shy to ask for a picture!

Anyway, the movie was pretty good, pitched at the right level. No glaring inaccuracies by my count, right balance of action and story line, no overblown Hollywood dramatics. I would say that the Hunt and Lauda relationship in the film was more vitriolic than friendly rivalry, but it wouldn't have made for such a good film if that hadn't been egged up a bit.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:In the trailer, I saw Niki Lauda's crash at the Nurburgring. I bet Hollywood will make out that he only just survived that and was back in the car within 6 weeks. As if that could happen in real life! :roll:
;)

I think Tom Cruise got back on the road in Days Of Thunder in half that ;)
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:In the trailer, I saw Niki Lauda's crash at the Nurburgring. I bet Hollywood will make out that he only just survived that and was back in the car within 6 weeks. As if that could happen in real life! :roll:
;)

I think Tom Cruise got back on the road in Days Of Thunder in half that ;)

It's been a while since I saw that film - wouldn't be surprised at that claim, though!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I watched 'Rush' last night. I'll start a separate for 'Rush' here in the EvdP forum.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

'Thor: The Dark World' is shite.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I watched Gravity in the cinema today. It wasn't bad at all (really interesting, to say the least) and it offered a new concept for space films, but although I hope it is remembered for a long time, sadly it may not be. Saying that, Empire gave it 5-stars, meaning it is to them a classic. I guess it was a little too unrealistic for my liking.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This doesn't really count here, but derives from a movie, so ;) .

Paul McGann [the 8th Doctor in The Doctor Who Movie (1996)] features in a mini-episode, a prequel to the fiftieth anniversay of Doctor Who on the 23rd. Exciting stuff. Can't wait til my trip to the cinema on 23rd November!
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

dr-baker wrote:This doesn't really count here, but derives from a movie, so ;) .

Paul McGann [the 8th Doctor in The Doctor Who Movie (1996)] features in a mini-episode, a prequel to the fiftieth anniversay of Doctor Who on the 23rd. Exciting stuff. Can't wait til my trip to the cinema on 23rd November!

That's got me into a childlike state of fervour! (translation: I'm equally excited!) :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:
dr-baker wrote:This doesn't really count here, but derives from a movie, so ;) .

That's got me into a childlike state of fervour! (translation: I'm equally excited!) :D

I know. Definitely wasn't expecting HIM to turn up!
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:
watka wrote:

I know. Definitely wasn't expecting HIM to turn up!

You mentioned Paul McGann; I immediately put Withnail & I on. Great film.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Don't know if this was the right place. But "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker was killed in a car accident today. :cry:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Heard that Dr Who got to number 3 in the UK Box Office last week!
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

For the first time in over 5-6 years I watched the first Mission:Impossible film, made in 1996 and directed by the epically-named Brian de Palma. It failed to disappoint. In fact, I like all of the MI films I have seen so far (the first 3). The cast is quite good, featuring famous actors such as T. Cruise, Jon Voight, Jean Reno and Vanessa Redgrave. As the main moments, the vault scene is easily one of the best scripted in modern action film history and although the final scene on the TGV/Eurostar in the Channel Tunnel is ludicrous, it was still spectacular. Watching the film, I remembered seeing it repeatedly as an 8-9 year old and liking it enormously. I still do.