The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
RealRacingRoots

The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Since with the interest in gaming as seen at the Perry McCarthy forum, why not have it have it's own thread? Now, I don't think a F1 Rejects would get his/her namesake on the title of a game, why not a World Touring Car reject who heads a major gaming studio in Japan? (It's Yuke's) Also, it doesn't need to be about Video Gaming only, board games, trading card games can all be talked about here. Have fun.

The big news, personally, is the reveal of what the next big Team Fortress 2 update will be; Tower Defence against robots that come out of a building-thing that looks like a 2010 Dodge Charger.

I'm not going crazy. Although some say I already am.

My steam Id, PSN Id, and Xbox Live Gamertag all is Crashbroke23.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
DOSBoot

Re: The Yukinori Taniguchi Gaming Thread

Post by DOSBoot »

I was going to start a thread like this, but I wasn't sure. I was going to call it the "Active Enterprises" Video Game Thread. Since I just bought Action 52 for my NES collection. But anyways, I like to play TF2 sometimes, even though I'm mosty a Heavy Weapons guy, or Pyro most of the time. Been thinking of getting Garry's Mod, but I would probably suck at making videos for it. Here's a video below to show you guys what a Gmod video is.

(Yeah it's long, and has some language, but it's still worth it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzMq5_thk4o

Anyways, my Xbox Live Gamertag: G I Junk

My TF2 name: thegreatlamina
Last edited by DOSBoot on 14 Aug 2012, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Waiting with eagerness for F1 2012, Fifa 13 and Black Ops 2 this autumn. Started getting back into Battlefield 3 too, forgot just how much better it is over MW3.

PSN: lillyart_14
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I thought this is what the "Only in a game?" thread in PMC forum was for?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Great idea guys. I'm currently wasting my time with Forza 4 on the 360 and Skyrim on the PS3. However, my buddies and I are going to crack open Risk Legacy, which just came out last year. It allows you to change the game permanently via writing on the board, tearing up and throwing away game cards and opening sealed envelopes. This article explains it very well http://www.armchairgeneral.com/risk-legacy-boardgame-review.htm So I'm excited to try it.

EDIT: I don't have an Xbox live gold thingy since I refuse to pay to play my own games, but my PSN name is Wallio102.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

kostas22 wrote:I thought this is what the "Only in a game?" thread in PMC forum was for?

Isn't that just for silly things in games? This is more for in-depth discussion (and Xbox/PSN link-ups by the looks of it)
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Skyrim still does it for me. It's just terrific.

PSN Name - TheIncredibleBL

DOSBoot wrote:I was going to start a thread like this, but I wasn't sure. I was going to call it the "Active Enterprises" Video Game Thread. Since I just bought Action 52 for my NES collection.

Action 52 just makes me laugh. It's so brilliantly bad.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I personally think this thread should be named inhonour of Big Rigs:Over the Road Racing :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I personally think this thread should be named inhonour of Big Rigs:Over the Road Racing :lol:

That or The You Testament (NSFW).
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I personally think this thread should be named inhonour of Big Rigs:Over the Road Racing :lol:

I second this motion.

Image Image
Phoenix

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by Phoenix »

How about now? :lol:
RealRacingRoots

Phoenix wrote:How about now? :lol:

:cry:
GT Super Series
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Was Big Rigs the game that had to be patched just so the AI would move at all? Epic rejectdom there.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Wallio wrote:Was Big Rigs the game that had to be patched just so the AI would move at all? Epic rejectdom there.

:lol: Big Rigs was the game with terrain that didn't work, Ai that didn't race, a missing main campaign, no sound, a 3 handled trophy, and warp-speed reverse :lol:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Wallio wrote:Was Big Rigs the game that had to be patched just so the AI would move at all? Epic rejectdom there.

:lol: Big Rigs was the game with terrain that didn't work, Ai that didn't race, a missing main campaign, no sound, a 3 handled trophy, and warp-speed reverse :lol:

Hey! You're being too negative about it! They did put the game inside the box, right?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Hey! You're being too negative about it! They did put the game inside the box, right?

They sure did.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

kostas22 wrote:I thought this is what the "Only in a game?" thread in PMC forum was for?

This thread also covers non-racing games. So there is a difference.

You're Winner FTW
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

How dissapointed would you be if on your birthday you received this:

RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:

You're Winner FTW

I talked about Team Fortress 2 when I opened the thread, and my reasoning why I wanted to be clever with the thread name.

But you all threw it in a fire, conformists. :cry:
GT Super Series
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

You're Winner FTW

I talked about Team Fortress 2 when I opened the thread, and my reasoning why I wanted to be clever with the thread name.

But you all threw it in a fire, conformists. :cry:

You're Loser.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

pasta_maldonado wrote:How dissapointed would you be if on your birthday you received this:

The more I think about it, I wouldn't be too surprised if Big Rigs was a troll game, deliberately designed to annoy people. Because in all seriousness, how could a 'game' that had no AI, graphics which make the Sega Mega Drive console of the early 1990s look space-age nowadays, loading times that would rival the Life L190 for speed and YOU'RE WINNER be a legit effort. Probably some smart-arse one day fancied a bit of trolling, and managed to convince everyone else at the company.

Someone needs to whip up a Conspiracy Keanu meme pronto! ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Ever heard about Taxi Racer? Stellar Stone is behind that too. You should give that a spin, that game is also pretty rejectful, although not as much as BRotRR is.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

You guys ever play "Hot Rod Magazine's American Street Drag"? Not overly rejectful per say (the gameplay was rather fun, but repetitive) but it had the most rejectful damage system ever. Every part had a life bar, and making passes would deplete it. When it ran out, it would break and the car would be sidelined, because regardless of the part, it was essential. Just drop $10k on a new motor? Better pray your bathplugging radio holds out until you get enough cash to replace it. And how is your nitrous bottle taking damage? Are you beating your crew with it? :P

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:How dissapointed would you be if on your birthday you received this:

The more I think about it, I wouldn't be too surprised if Big Rigs was a troll game, deliberately designed to annoy people. Because in all seriousness, how could a 'game' that had no AI, graphics which make the Sega Mega Drive console of the early 1990s look space-age nowadays, loading times that would rival the Life L190 for speed and YOU'RE WINNER be a legit effort. Probably some smart-arse one day fancied a bit of trolling, and managed to convince everyone else at the company.

Someone needs to whip up a Conspiracy Keanu meme pronto! ;)

Clearly you have never tried to program a game. Or anything, really. It's incredibly easy to screw something up by a mistyping, or a bad step of logic, and it's not always obvious what's causing what. Not that this excuses it from being rubbish, but I'm reasonably sure it isn't a troll game.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Away from Big Rigs, anyone that plays Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero will notice that one of the members of the Harmonize gang/team is named Ken Anderson. You know, that guy at USF1. :lol:

Speaking of which, I just beaten Unhappy Angel on the said game. :)

No online IDs, sorry. :(
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RealRacingRoots

FMecha wrote:Away from Big Rigs, anyone that plays Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero will notice that one of the members of the Harmonize gang/team is named Ken Anderson. You know, that guy at USF1. :lol:

Speaking of which, I just beaten Unhappy Angel on the said game. :)

No online IDs, sorry. :(

I thoroughly enjoyed Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 (the fourth game). Sure it handled a bit loose, but it was a fun game.

But right now, I've been playing Mann vs Machine on Team Fortress 2.
GT Super Series
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I dislike TF2 because it is the sole reason Valve won't publish any new games, specially Portal expansions/DLC and Half-Life 2 Episode 3, or even Half-Life 3. TF2 is a great game, it just is a money pit for Valve.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:I dislike TF2 because it is the sole reason Valve won't publish any new games, specially Portal expansions/DLC and Half-Life 2 Episode 3, or even Half-Life 3. TF2 is a great game, it just is a money pit for Valve.

I'm pretty certain Valve have produced new games since TF2. Such as both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. Yeah, Half-Life 2 Episode 3 is taking absolutely forever, but I really don't think it's worth losing any sleep over - it's not like there aren't any other good games to play
Everything's great.
mario

Post by mario »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:I dislike TF2 because it is the sole reason Valve won't publish any new games, specially Portal expansions/DLC and Half-Life 2 Episode 3, or even Half-Life 3. TF2 is a great game, it just is a money pit for Valve.

I'm pretty certain Valve have produced new games since TF2. Such as both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. Yeah, Half-Life 2 Episode 3 is taking absolutely forever, but I really don't think it's worth losing any sleep over - it's not like there aren't any other good games to play

You can add Portal 2 to that list of games - Valve hasn't been totally idle, but it seems that some of their recent work has been more "behind the scenes" (quite literally, as there have been a few hints here and there that they are working on a major upgrade, or possibly an entire replacement, for the Source game engine).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Whis

Post by Whis »

well, the title of the thread itself comes from the game :D
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

mario wrote:

You can add Portal 2 to that list of games - Valve hasn't been totally idle, but it seems that some of their recent work has been more "behind the scenes" (quite literally, as there have been a few hints here and there that they are working on a major upgrade, or possibly an entire replacement, for the Source game engine).

There's also Garry's Mod. Although that wasn't an offical Valve release. That's more of a physics editor that is exculsive only to Valve games, which is often used to make these kind of videos.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Whis wrote:

well, the title of the thread itself comes from the game :D

That wasn't the origin al titl of the thread, mate. It originally was The Yukinori Taniguchi Gaming Thread :)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

mario wrote:

Is there anything you don't know about? :shock:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Phoenix wrote:Is there anything you don't know about? :shock:

I want to see Mario either on University Challenge, or Mastermind! He'd wipe the floor with those smart-arse rich kids wearing stuff my 50 year old father still doesn't fancy trying on! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Gary's Mod wasn't Valve, they just gave it mainstream release once it got popular (like Portal: Still Alive). I know they put out Portal 2 (which was EPIC), but the promised DLC hasn't surfaced yet that I know of. I know theres plenty of games out, it just seems to me like if Valve isn't releasing more TF2 stuff, there tacking it onto seemingly random games like Poker Night at the Inventory.

Regardless, I might actually buy Madden this year (first since 2001 on the N64) for this new coach mode. Looks like those NFL Head Coach games that nobody (but me) bought.

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wallio wrote:Gary's Mod wasn't Valve, they just gave it mainstream release once it got popular (like Portal: Still Alive). I know they put out Portal 2 (which was EPIC), but the promised DLC hasn't surfaced yet that I know of. I know theres plenty of games out, it just seems to me like if Valve isn't releasing more TF2 stuff, there tacking it onto seemingly random games like Poker Night at the Inventory.

Regardless, I might actually buy Madden this year (first since 2001 on the N64) for this new coach mode. Looks like those NFL Head Coach games that nobody (but me) bought.

Doesn't Portal 2 have two DLC packs? (Peer Review and the Perpetual Testing Initiatve)

Really? They are putting in a coach mode! I've always wanted to be an NFL coach but it seems that they only hire guys who've played football. It would be my first Madden game since Madden '06 for the Gamecube.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

If those DLC packs are out, I withdraw all my prior posts in this thread and will happily eat crow (while playing them!)

Tristan go on ebay and look ip NFL Head Coach 09. Its old and was a huge bomb, so I got an unopened copy for 9 bucks. Its fun, just slow paced and rather complicated. It didn't help that I play as Carolina (my favorite team) who were ranked dead last in the game.

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

R.I.P. Sony Studio Liverpool (nee Psygnosis). :cry:

Not only they were known for Lemmings and WipEout, they also developed some Formula One games back in the day. A sad day. :cry: :cry:

EDIT: And also the Destruction Derby games on PlayStation.
Last edited by FMecha on 23 Aug 2012, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:R.I.P. Sony Studio Liverpool (nee Psygnosis).

Not only they were known for Lemmings and WipEout, they also developed some Formula One games back in the day. A sad day. :cry:

They did F1 05 & F1 06 right? But I remember them most back when they were Psygnosis and made Colony Wars. Great PS1 game.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

kostas22 wrote:
FMecha wrote:R.I.P. Sony Studio Liverpool (nee Psygnosis).

Not only they were known for Lemmings and WipEout, they also developed some Formula One games back in the day. A sad day. :cry:

They did F1 05 & F1 06 right? But I remember them most back when they were Psygnosis and made Colony Wars. Great PS1 game.

And to add it up, F1:CE. :cry: