The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
FMecha wrote:R.I.P. Sony Studio Liverpool (nee Psygnosis).

Not only they were known for Lemmings and WipEout, they also developed some Formula One games back in the day. A sad day. :cry:

They did F1 05 & F1 06 right? But I remember them most back when they were Psygnosis and made Colony Wars. Great PS1 game.

And to add it up, F1:CE. :cry:

They also did Destruction Derby, which was one of the best PS1 games around
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

kostas22 wrote:
FMecha wrote:R.I.P. Sony Studio Liverpool (nee Psygnosis).

Not only they were known for Lemmings and WipEout, they also developed some Formula One games back in the day. A sad day. :cry:

They did F1 05 & F1 06 right? But I remember them most back when they were Psygnosis and made Colony Wars. Great PS1 game.

And I just bought 06 for my recently gotten PS2 :( Damn, Psygnosis was awesome :cry:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

F1 05 looks bloody good, the only thing is that the fools didn't release it in North America! :evil:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
mario

Post by mario »

AndreaModa wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Is there anything you don't know about? :shock:

I want to see Mario either on University Challenge, or Mastermind! He'd wipe the floor with those smart-arse rich kids wearing stuff my 50 year old father still doesn't fancy trying on! :lol:

Flattered though I may be by your comments, there is plenty that I do not know or understand - such as why people watch "The only way is Essex"...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

I want to see Mario either on University Challenge, or Mastermind! He'd wipe the floor with those smart-arse rich kids wearing stuff my 50 year old father still doesn't fancy trying on! :lol:

Flattered though I may be by your comments, there is plenty that I do not know or understand - such as why people watch "The only way is Essex"...

One of the great mysteries of the universe...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

AndreaModa wrote:

Surely he'd do better than Murray Walker :lol:
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'm really tempted to play Hidden & Dangerous 2 now...that was a cracker of a game.

I've been trying to play Deus Ex, but I suck badly at it...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:I'm really tempted to play Hidden & Dangerous 2 now...that was a cracker of a game.

I've been trying to play Deus Ex, but I suck badly at it...

I did as well at first, but then I started abusing save games, and I eventually figured out what works and what doesn't.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
mario wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I want to see Mario either on University Challenge, or Mastermind! He'd wipe the floor with those smart-arse rich kids wearing stuff my 50 year old father still doesn't fancy trying on! :lol:

While on holiday, we were exposed to ITV for a week-and-a-half. By day 2, my little brother was hooked on TOWIE, to the general dismay of me and my parents...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

tommykl wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
mario wrote:Flattered though I may be by your comments, there is plenty that I do not know or understand - such as why people watch "The only way is Essex"...

While on holiday, we were exposed to ITV for a week-and-a-half. By day 2, my little brother was hooked on TOWIE, to the general dismay of me and my parents...

Is it wrong that I'd like to do Amy Childs? I get that she's a real dumbass, but the words 'golfball' and 'hosepipe' spring to mind... :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

RE Psygnosis discussion earlier, while Psygnosis didn't exactly make the games, they did publish F1 and F1 97 on the PS1, too.. Sad anyway.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Is it wrong that I'd like to do Amy Childs? I get that she's a real dumbass, but the words 'golfball' and 'hosepipe' spring to mind... :lol:

What is this filth doing on F1 Rejects :shock:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

kostas22 wrote:
BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Is it wrong that I'd like to do Amy Childs? I get that she's a real dumbass, but the words 'golfball' and 'hosepipe' spring to mind... :lol:

Mega apologies, you can blame this on F1 Deprivation...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Baker's Law is infectious. Close down this area at once, everybody into isolation immediately, and ensure that WMetcalf keeps far,far away!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

kostas22 wrote:

What's next? The BaconLettuceNinja Chasing Skirt thread? I hope not! :lol:
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

I have never seen F1 Deprivation get this desperate. ;)
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Chasing skirt...that's one hell of a phrase :lol: :lol:

Please resume service as usual, I feel I've ruined the thread now...Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Chasing skirt...that's one hell of a phrase :lol: :lol:

A phrase first used by AdrianSutil. You can thank him for that.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Holy crap, I'm starting to get scared now. Come on people, only another week to go and all will be well. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

East Londoner wrote:Holy crap, I'm starting to get scared now. Come on people, only another week to go and all will be well. ;)

Erm, I fear BaconLettuceNinja is suffering from deprivation of a different kind... :lol:

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

kostas22 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Holy crap, I'm starting to get scared now. Come on people, only another week to go and all will be well. ;)

Erm, I fear BaconLettuceNinja is suffering from deprivation of a different kind... :lol:

If it's girls with orange faces, revealing outfits, and all the intelligence of a snail that he wants, come down to Romford... :lol:
mario

Post by mario »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

If it's girls with orange faces, revealing outfits, and all the intelligence of a snail that he wants, come down to Romford... :lol:

Deprivation, or deviation in all senses of the word? I'm quite disconcerted that what was meant to be a throwaway remark has caused such unintentional uproar...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

mario wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Erm, I fear BaconLettuceNinja is suffering from deprivation of a different kind... :lol:

Deprivation, or deviation in all senses of the word? I'm quite disconcerted that what was meant to be a throwaway remark has caused such unintentional uproar...

I think you are mistaking joking around for genuine uproar mario. I was just slagging off BaconLettuceNinja for having such a poor taste in skirt. :lol:

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:
mario wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:If it's girls with orange faces, revealing outfits, and all the intelligence of a snail that he wants, come down to Romford... :lol:

I think you are mistaking joking around for genuine uproar mario. I was just slagging off BaconLettuceNinja for having such a poor taste in skirt. :lol:

Do I sense a BaconLettuceNinja's Law being passed soon.

Or Ninja's Law for short.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

FMecha wrote:R.I.P. Sony Studio Liverpool (nee Psygnosis). :cry:

Not only they were known for Lemmings and WipEout, they also developed some Formula One games back in the day. A sad day. :cry: :cry:

EDIT: And also the Destruction Derby games on PlayStation.

Noooooo!!! They made some of the best fifth generation racing games to ever grace the video game world! I loved Destructon Derby 2! I still have both F1, and F1 97 for my PS1! Damn you Sony!
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

kostas22 wrote:
mario wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:If it's girls with orange faces, revealing outfits, and all the intelligence of a snail that he wants, come down to Romford... :lol:

Each to their own, I guess... :|

Been playing a bit of H&D2, oh how I've missed tactical shooters. Seems that all games producers are going for straight FPS games, so you can't really sneak around and pick off some Germans with a silenced Sten Gun or anything...

I've found a lot of shooters just have crap single-player options now. They're just so one-dimensional; it's just shoot and go to the next checkpoint. With H&D, you can control 4 team members, each with a different weapon load-out, and use each member strategically. Tons more fun that just picking up an LMG and running through hordes of soldiers.

The last memorable mission on Call of Duty for me was on CoD4, which was the 2-part sniping mission in Pripyat. THAT was a good mission.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Been playing a bit of H&D2, oh how I've missed tactical shooters. Seems that all games producers are going for straight FPS games, so you can't really sneak around and pick off some Germans with a silenced Sten Gun or anything...

I've found a lot of shooters just have crap single-player options now. They're just so one-dimensional; it's just shoot and go to the next checkpoint. With H&D, you can control 4 team members, each with a different weapon load-out, and use each member strategically. Tons more fun that just picking up an LMG and running through hordes of soldiers.

The last memorable mission on Call of Duty for me was on CoD4, which was the 2-part sniping mission in Pripyat. THAT was a good mission.

Is that on Steam? I might give that a try...

On the other end of the shooter spectrum, has anyone here played Serious Sam 3? It's pretty damn good if you're into old-school run-and-gun shooters like Quake and Doom. Admittedly I find the first couple of levels a bit slow, but it really picks up after that - the last half of the game is pretty much the best gameplay I've come across in a shooter.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I know its a different studio, but all this talk of old PS1/2 F1 is making me want to pop in F1 Career Challenge again. Anyone here have that? The development tests were the best, you never knew what part would fail next! :D
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

redbulljack14 wrote:

*Takes a bow*

It's a shame to hear about Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis. Anyone remember Wipeout? What a stunning PS1 game that was. Something like that had never been released before and it blew kids minds :lol:

And of course, the F1 titles.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AdrianSutil wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

*Takes a bow*

It's a shame to hear about Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis. Anyone remember Wipeout? What a stunning PS1 game that was. Something like that had never been released before and it blew kids minds :lol:

And of course, the F1 titles.

I'm looking for my copy of Wipeout as we speak...that was one hell of a game.

I still play F1 and F1 '97 fairly frequently...I still think they're the best F1 games to date.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

At the moment, I'm playing Destruction Derby 2 (another Psygnosis title). I've wondered if NASCAR actually looked like that... :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:On the other end of the shooter spectrum, has anyone here played Serious Sam 3? It's pretty damn good if you're into old-school run-and-gun shooters like Quake and Doom. Admittedly I find the first couple of levels a bit slow, but it really picks up after that - the last half of the game is pretty much the best gameplay I've come across in a shooter.

I haven't, but anything Doom-esque should be fine in my book. Although, likely as not, I will continue to play Doom/Heretic/Hexen wads that I find lying around the internet as opposed to finding anything all-new that I have to play on a console I don't have.

I picked up a cheap N64 a few months ago - it came with GoldenEye, and how anyone managed to get past the first mission with those hateful controls I will never know. If it'd been a PC game I'd have obliterated all of the Bond baddies in ten minutes.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dinizintheoven wrote:I haven't, but anything Doom-esque should be fine in my book. Although, likely as not, I will continue to play Doom/Heretic/Hexen wads that I find lying around the internet as opposed to finding anything all-new that I have to play on a console I don't have.

Ahh, good old classic DOS games. I'd personally add Wolfenstein 3D and Rise of the Triad to that list.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

dinizintheoven wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:On the other end of the shooter spectrum, has anyone here played Serious Sam 3? It's pretty damn good if you're into old-school run-and-gun shooters like Quake and Doom. Admittedly I find the first couple of levels a bit slow, but it really picks up after that - the last half of the game is pretty much the best gameplay I've come across in a shooter.

I haven't, but anything Doom-esque should be fine in my book. Although, likely as not, I will continue to play Doom/Heretic/Hexen wads that I find lying around the internet as opposed to finding anything all-new that I have to play on a console I don't have.

I picked up a cheap N64 a few months ago - it came with GoldenEye, and how anyone managed to get past the first mission with those hateful controls I will never know. If it'd been a PC game I'd have obliterated all of the Bond baddies in ten minutes.

Really? Goldeneye was considered to have one of the greatest control schemes ever. So much so that many ahooters that came out afterwards had "Goldeneye" as a selectable option. Turok and South Park come readily to mind.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

It could be worse, the game could be Deadly Towers *cringe*
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

golic_2004 wrote:It could be worse, the game could be Deadly Towers *cringe*

Or Sonic 2006 *shudders*
Everything's great.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Or Sonic 2006 *shudders*

AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE

Sorry, couldn't control myself.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Nuppiz wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:I haven't, but anything Doom-esque should be fine in my book. Although, likely as not, I will continue to play Doom/Heretic/Hexen wads that I find lying around the internet as opposed to finding anything all-new that I have to play on a console I don't have.

Ahh, good old classic DOS games. I'd personally add Wolfenstein 3D and Rise of the Triad to that list.

I've just spent the best part of two days investigating more Doom II wads, and two of them were pretty much Wolfenstein 3D II. I think I have the original version, somewhere, but I have no idea where. And yes, you're right with Rise Of The Triad - Doom may have been a superior technical package but the amount of guts and gore in ROTT certainly made up for it. As did the quite literal interpretation of "God" mode.

Wallio wrote:Really? Goldeneye was considered to have one of the greatest control schemes ever. So much so that many ahooters that came out afterwards had "Goldeneye" as a selectable option. Turok and South Park come readily to mind.

That can only have come from people who never used a keyboard for gaming. 18 years of arrow keys plus shift, control, Alt and space plus a few others (A/Z for jump/crouch) is very hard to wipe out.

Of course, the very best games only had five controls - Q, A, O, P and either M or space for the fire button. Marvellous.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Since I have a large NES collection, there are a few that are even worse. Hydlyde, Cybernoid, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Action 52. Just to name a few. Probably the worst video game I ever played was Superman 64 for the Nintendo 64. Man that was an awful game.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dinizintheoven wrote:

No need to worry about that with Serious Sam 3 - it's a PC title first and foremost, and it's fairly lax in it's requirements to boot.

Nuppiz wrote:Ahh, good old classic DOS games. I'd personally add Wolfenstein 3D and Rise of the Triad to that list.

I'd add Star Wars: Dark Forces as well. Any game where you punch out a dragon is awesome in my book, to name but one awesome thing you do in the course of completing it.
Everything's great.