The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
KL-racer

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by KL-racer »

roblomas52 wrote:Man that Corvette C7 SEMA concept is a bad car to drive!

Is anyone having trouble with the X2014 standard challange?

No, not me, I got the remainder of it finished yesterday. Still need to get a win on races 1 and 3 on the standard championship at a later time. And just in case anyone didn't noticed, there are new seasonal events featuring the Jaguar XKR-S and the Toyota 86.
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Finished the X2014 Standard Championship in GT6. The Silverstone race turned out to be my dirtiest offline race I ever had in this game, but I won at Fuji, gaining advantage from a pileup at turn one, lap one. My finishes were 3-2-3-1-3, and I got second in the standings (silver). :D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

FMecha wrote:Finished the X2014 Standard Championship in GT6. The Silverstone race turned out to be my dirtiest offline race I ever had in this game, but I won at Fuji, gaining advantage from a pileup at turn one, lap one. My finishes were 3-2-3-1-3, and I got second in the standings (silver). :D

I got second in the standings with a 1-4-11-1-1 :shock:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:
FMecha wrote:Finished the X2014 Standard Championship in GT6. The Silverstone race turned out to be my dirtiest offline race I ever had in this game, but I won at Fuji, gaining advantage from a pileup at turn one, lap one. My finishes were 3-2-3-1-3, and I got second in the standings (silver). :D

I got second in the standings with a 1-4-11-1-1 :shock:

I won first time out with 1-3-2-1-1. It was hard to win if you finished lower than the top 4, as the guy who starts on pole usually is able to hold off everyone but the human player, so they basically finish second to you or first every time. The AI sucks at racing against each other in equal cars.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I've started playing the Mass Effect saga again, and sadly I'm not enjoying the first one nearly as much as I did the first time through. I'm not sure why though....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:I've started playing the Mass Effect saga again, and sadly I'm not enjoying the first one nearly as much as I did the first time through. I'm not sure why though....

Have you tried using a shotgun in combat? I recently replayed ME1, and tried using shotguns for the first time, and I found them surprisingly fun, if overpowered.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:I've started playing the Mass Effect saga again, and sadly I'm not enjoying the first one nearly as much as I did the first time through. I'm not sure why though....

Have you tried using a shotgun in combat? I recently replayed ME1, and tried using shotguns for the first time, and I found them surprisingly fun, if overpowered.

This game I am actually. First time through I played as a male soldier on normal, this time through a female (which hysterically annoys the wife) vanguard on veteran. Like I said i'm not sure what I don't like about it. I never played the series until the Triolgy came out, and I heard all the "first game is the worst, blah, blah, blah" stuff, but I actually liked the first the best. But now, 5 hours in, it feels slow and clunky, like a chore to get through until the "real games". Story's still awesome, characters are still cool, so its probably just me. I'm going to keep at it though, its still just as addicting.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Doing the Red Bull Standard Championship only to get money and collect cars.

What's funny? I lost the Apricot Hill race by 0.002 of a second.

Are you kidding me?! I just lost the Fuji race by 0.001 of a second?! Bloody hell, that's called unlucky!

And with that, another Buy, Sell, Sleeper, but for Le Mans Cars!

BUY

Bentley EXP Speed 8 - It's so drivable. Quite easy to drive without aids.

Pescarolo Courage C60 Judd GV5 - It's better than the '03 Pesca with a more powerful engine, and much much better than the '05 Pesca in terms of drivability. It is the prime medium of the Pescarolo cars.

Sauber Mercedes C9 - Damn, it's fast, and so much fun to drive without aids on.

SELL

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - It's still on my sell list for its pathetic drivability, and I still don't want it back after I sold it.

Pescarolo Courage C60 Peugeot - Okay-ish handling, but crap speed in a straight line.

Jaguar XJR-9 - It's okay, but the handling could be improved.

SLEEPER

Audi R18 TDI - I have said before, great handling, but crap straight line speed. If you want to race it at Le Mans, do a setup that will get you about 340 km/h instead,of the stock settings. Oh, and buy an aftermarket turbocharger. After that is when you have some fun :D

Audi R8 Race Car - Yes, it's bloody fast, but the handling was not up to my liking. It's okay without driving aids, so that gives it more points.

Peugeot 908 HDI FAP - It's fast, and it handles well without aids IMO, but it just feels boring. There's nothing special about this car.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

go_Rubens wrote:And with that, another Buy, Sell, Sleeper, but for Le Mans Cars!

Have you tried the DeltaWing? It is fun to drive and very quick but it is easy to lose control.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

good_Ralf wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:And with that, another Buy, Sell, Sleeper, but for Le Mans Cars!

Have you tried the DeltaWing? It is fun to drive and very quick but it is easy to lose control.

Yeah, my review of it, which is a longer explaination of what you've just said, is on the previous page. It's very fun, although I can't put together a lap of the Nürburgring without spinning out or hitting a wall :lol:

Edit: Does anyone have an idea as to when PD are going to release the Course Maker?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

One of the best forgotten supercars since 2000 has to be Volkswagen's W12e. It was abandoned because Volkswagen were focusing on projects such as the Veyron. Anyway, as I hadn't got enough credit to buy another LMP1 car I brought one and it is the time I have ever driven it in a video game. Like most fast cars the handling is heavy in a racetrack but it is so beautiful and only available in orange (which a good thing BTW). I won races in it immediately and then I tuned it. On the lakeside speedway (I can't remember the name :? ) I reached nearly 280mph. What a great car :D .

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

As of this post, my score on Flappy Bird (Android version) is 19. Anyone care to share their scores? ;)
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

FMecha wrote:As of this post, my score on Flappy Bird (Android version) is 19. Anyone care to share their scores? ;)

1 :oops: (and on my friend's phone as I don't know how go get apps on my phone)

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

0 because I mainly use my phone for music and my iPod for gaming an web browsing.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

roblomas52 wrote:0 because I mainly use my phone for music and my iPod for gaming an web browsing.

Early nomination for most irrelevant post of the year?

I managed 21, my wife was very unhappy when I told her because she was struggling to get 5 haha
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I managed 30...feet.

At least, that's how far I chucked my phone after I couldn't make the first gate. Deleted the app briefly afterwards.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

roblomas52 wrote:0 because I mainly use my phone for music and my iPod for gaming an web browsing.

Say hello to my new signature.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'm pretty proud at reaching 25 :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

FMecha wrote:As of this post, my score on Flappy Bird (Android version) is 19. Anyone care to share their scores? ;)

I know I'm going to regret asking, but what is flappy bird? It sounds like something you do when you take your phone in the bathroom and lock the door for 20 minutes......

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wallio wrote:

I know I'm going to regret asking, but what is flappy bird? It sounds like something you do when you take your phone in the bathroom and lock the door for 20 minutes......

It's a stupid app that many people have taken up. Stupid in the fact that it can turn from ridiculously easy to impossibly hard in an instant.

To see more, just look at this video :lol:
Trulli bad puns...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

http://kotaku.com/i-am-sorry-flappy-bir ... 1518959784

Flappy Bird is going to be removed from App Store and Play Store today, and no, it has nothing to do with legal issues. :|
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I read that this guy gets 50k a day from ad revenue. This guy must be really pissed at someone to pull down the app now.
Trulli bad puns...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerospeed wrote:I read that this guy gets 50k a day from ad revenue. This guy must be really pissed at someone to pull down the app now.

The dev is not pissed at anyone. The dev can't handle the game's success for some reason. People has talking about the fact the game uses Super Mario props, but that's not the reason either. ;)

I found this comment on an Reddit (don't bash me, please) thread on this:

The guy [developer] wrote the game about a year ago, posted it up on iTunes and the Play Store, and about a week ago, it exploded in popularity, so he started earning tonnes of ad revenue. The downside of this is that he's being hounded by the press and people trying to merchandise the game, the money is making his life more complicated than he wants it to be, he's getting emailed and tweeted at all the time, and he's stressed out by the whole thing and just wants it to stop.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

So, i finally got GT6 now, for just 40€...
I don't have patches but i have to say: after 3 races i like it. Hopefully this will continue :)
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Has anyone ever played the iPhone game Grand Prix Story by Kairosoft? If you're looking for a casual, Formula-1 based management simulator that you can play on your phone, I highly recommend it. You basically get to operate your own racing team and develop cars in order to rise up the ranks and eventually compete in Formula 1.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

tristan1117 wrote:Has anyone ever played the iPhone game Grand Prix Story by Kairosoft? If you're looking for a casual, Formula-1 based management simulator that you can play on your phone, I highly recommend it. You basically get to operate your own racing team and develop cars in order to rise up the ranks and eventually compete in Formula 1.

Is it a free app by any chance? If it is I will download it tomorrow morning, if it isn't, I will have to talk my dad into it since the iTunes account at home is linked to his debit card
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

roblomas52 wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Has anyone ever played the iPhone game Grand Prix Story by Kairosoft? If you're looking for a casual, Formula-1 based management simulator that you can play on your phone, I highly recommend it. You basically get to operate your own racing team and develop cars in order to rise up the ranks and eventually compete in Formula 1.

Is it a free app by any chance? If it is I will download it tomorrow morning, if it isn't, I will have to talk my dad into it since the iTunes account at home is linked to his debit card

I thoroughly enjoyed wasting hours of my time on the Android version. From memory it cost something like $2, but it might have been free.

Have to say though that the game did get a little repetitive after a while, and I wanted much more detail, but for what it is it's great fun.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

AustralianStig wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

I thoroughly enjoyed wasting hours of my time on the Android version. From memory it cost something like $2, but it might have been free.

Have to say though that the game did get a little repetitive after a while, and I wanted much more detail, but for what it is it's great fun.

Cheer for that mate! It turns out there is a lite version and a paid version on iOS with the paid version costing £2.49.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Yeah, today is my birthday. On GT6, I got a 1991 Toyota Aristo 3.0V as the birthday gift car! I wonder how many other people on here have gotten their birthday gift yet?
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

You evil, evil man. There goes my weekend! The beginning reminds me a lot of Lotus. Especially if you name the car the "Mark I".

Same studio has Game Dev Story as well. Wicked addicting.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Since there is a fairly big Gran Turismo following here, I thought I would post this…

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g ... -8.304100/

I for sure am deffinently taking part.

EDIT:

I have failed at that :(
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Currently addicted to Payday 2. Basically a 4-player co-op bank robbery sim. Heat, meets dead presidents, meets point break, meets oceans 11. Pretty ballin actually.

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

KL-racer wrote:Yeah, today is my birthday. On GT6, I got a 1991 Toyota Aristo 3.0V as the birthday gift car! I wonder how many other people on here have gotten their birthday gift yet?

Nope, as I didn't get the game until a few days after my birthday.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Has anyone here played the 2D platformer "Save the Sheriff"? I had completely forgotten that game until I found it on my old computer an hour ago.

I remember that it was really popular at our school (at least in our class) 10 or 11 years ago. Those were the days... When you start thinking about it, you really feel old. :|
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Facebook buys Oculus VR

Shitstorm ensues over the interwebs because of this :roll:
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

pfft, Nintendo came out with Virtual Reality nearly 20 years ago.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wallio wrote:pfft, Nintendo came out with Virtual Reality nearly 20 years ago.

So few people brought that, apparently, there are second hand game stores in Tokyo with those things stacked floor to roof.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yes, but the Oculus Rift does it properly.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:

Yes, but the Oculus Rift does it properly.

True, but the Virtual Boy started many things we take for granted today (VR, 3D, wireless (aftermarket) controllers, and a crude form of LAN, not to mention Wario, and the first "Mario Sports" type game). It wasn't that bad of a system honestly. The problem was people thought, and Nintendo made no effort to address this, that it was a successor to the SNES. Which it wasn't. It was a side project. That killed it. You have the PSX, Saturn, 3DO, and...this?

Funny how history repeated itself with the WII U. People still don't realize its a new system, and Nintendo has done nothing about it.