The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
Salamander

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:The visuals though, oh my god. I have need seen such beauty.

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

anyone play f-zero?
Trump 2016
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

So just downloaded Game Stock Car Extreme demo 2 days ago to see what all the hype is all about. Quite a nice game! Anyone have the full version? I'm thinking of buying it and I'd like to hear what you guys think about the game.
#GetWellWickens
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Any of you Euro typed getting Project CARS tomorrow? We have to wait until next week over here, but I'm curious if it lived up to 3+ years worth of hype. I'll probably still get it since its the only game coming out until Payday 2:Crimewave Edition in June.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wallio wrote:Any of you Euro typed getting Project CARS tomorrow? We have to wait until next week over here, but I'm curious if it lived up to 3+ years worth of hype. I'll probably still get it since its the only game coming out until Payday 2:Crimewave Edition in June.

Yeah, definitely getting it though it won't be tomorrow. Maybe at the weekend if I have time. It's one of the main reasons I bought a PS4 recently. Looks phenomenal and that plus F1 plus the next Gran Turismo when that comes out will pretty much be my dream game line-up (plus a bit of GTA on the side for a laugh!)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

It beckons me, but I'm doing the whole iRacing thing at the moment. (Not to mention that DIRT is tempting me too).

I suspect if I buy Project CARS, I'll end up not playing either it or iRacing as much as I want to. I might wait for it to come down in price a little.
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

I probably won't get Project CARS until I get a PS4 in 3 years :P
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Odds are I'll get it for the Wii U when it gets released later in the year. I'm not convinced in the slightest that it will be as good as everbody who bought in shilled for this game says it will be. Also there are major motion blur issues on the PS4 version, and you lose all sound going off track on the Xbox One version, and you might as well not even try on a PC with a AMD anything.

I'll stick to playing good games, like F-Zero GX.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I played Project CARS today in my local game store because I was on a free lesson from college and it was amazingly good. The visuals are stunning and the physics are the best I have witnessed on a racing game. It is well worth buying.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I went out and bought Grid Autosport, which with 3 DLCs was only $26.99, so for the first time since October when I bought my PS4, I dusted off my PS3. Fun game, the drag racing is equal part realistic, and silly (Standing mile drags with AA Funny Cars? 440+ mph trap speeds?).

The "normal" career mode is ok, I just wish the AI knew how to pass without using the chrome horn (especially silly since I foolishly picked Open Wheel first), but once the first lap insanity is over its quite fun.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

For anyone still playing Gran Turismo 6, the new Nissan LMP that will race at Le Mans is the prize for participating in the last round of this year's GT Academy (assuming you've done the other 3 events beforehand) :

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4439755.html

Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

madmark1974 wrote:For anyone still playing Gran Turismo 6, the new Nissan LMP that will race at Le Mans is the prize for participating in the last round of this year's GT Academy (assuming you've done the other 3 events beforehand) :

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4439755.html

And of course, it's faster than the real-life version :P

I didn't find this thing easy to drive, as I just couldn't get used to the idea of it being a front-wheel drive LMP1. I eventually managed a 3:34 after about 50 attempts to simply complete one lap without hitting those bathplugging cones.
#FreeGonzo
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

How about this then for rejectful racing games?

This Awful Looking F1 Game Was Released Just Two Weeks Ago

Not quite as bad as the game which gave this thread its title, but it's not far off!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Simtek wrote:I didn't find this thing easy to drive, as I just couldn't get used to the idea of it being a front-wheel drive LMP1. I eventually managed a 3:34 after about 50 attempts to simply complete one lap without hitting those bathplugging cones.

Same here its a weird feeling. The worst thing for me was that i couldn't get the nose pointed where i wanted it. It also doesn't seem to like changing direction well. the one thing i do like though is it doesnt want to swap ends when you go to accelerate
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

peteroli34 wrote:
Simtek wrote:I didn't find this thing easy to drive, as I just couldn't get used to the idea of it being a front-wheel drive LMP1. I eventually managed a 3:34 after about 50 attempts to simply complete one lap without hitting those bathplugging cones.

Same here its a weird feeling. The worst thing for me was that i couldn't get the nose pointed where i wanted it. It also doesn't seem to like changing direction well. the one thing i do like though is it doesnt want to swap ends when you go to accelerate

I found that I had to lift off of the throttle to get the nose of the car pointed into the corner but again there is a weird feeling about an FWD LMP1.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Simtek wrote:And of course, it's faster than the real-life version :P

I didn't find this thing easy to drive, as I just couldn't get used to the idea of it being a front-wheel drive LMP1. I eventually managed a 3:34 after about 50 attempts to simply complete one lap without hitting those bathplugging cones.

For now at least, that Smiley can be deleted, as the best time the car has done in real-life was 3m43.383sec, the gold time
in the trial is a 3:37 I believe, so at the moment virtuality wins! I'm sure it must be able to go a bit faster (surely)?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

AndreaModa wrote:How about this then for rejectful racing games?

Not quite as bad as the game which gave this thread its title, but it's not far off!

I think i can find better games for free on the internet :P
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Reminds me of this (skip to 2:55 for relevant parts). :facepalm:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

anyone still play PGR4?
Trump 2016
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Great news for console sim-racers as Assetto Corsa is coming to PS4 and Xbox One next year. It'll definitely give both the console exclusives (Forza and Gran Turismo) and PCars a bit of a shake up in terms of the actual driving experience, however the structure of the game and amount of content may seem a bit 'bare-bones' for the console crowd.

There's also some neat new content coming up before the console release for all platforms, including Zandvoort, the Ferrari F138, Audi R8 LMS ultra, Toyota GT86, plus more shown in the console reveal trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdejU7orTuk
This is a cool spot.
Bobby Doorknobs

Normal32 wrote:

Indeed.
#FreeGonzo
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

madmark1974 wrote:
Simtek wrote:And of course, it's faster than the real-life version :P

For now at least, that Smiley can be deleted, as the best time the car has done in real-life was 3m43.383sec, the gold time
in the trial is a 3:37 I believe, so at the moment virtuality wins! I'm sure it must be able to go a bit faster (surely)?

So after Quali 1, they're down to a 3:38.468, still outside the gold time! Funny to think that two of their GT Academy drivers are racing the car in real life and are slower than many of the virtual competitiors ...

EDIT : They did it! GOLD (just) ... 3:36.995!
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Am I the only one here with an EA Sports NASCAR game? I have their last game (NASCAR 09) and it's quite a lot of fun, IMO. The career mode can take a while, even with the shorter races though. The AI is also quite laughable too (In the career mode, I have had at least 2 moments when AI cars forget what brakes are and run up the back of someone), as are the physics (the cars have jelly suspension once they go up on 2 wheels). Overall though, I find it quite fun, and there always seems to be something to do (even after you finish the career mode, it can take a while to unlock some of the custom tracks and fantasy drivers).
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Currently updating my GT6 game. Needs to go through the last 4 updates because I haven't been able to or have a desire to play it. I played a little bit a few days ago without getting updates. Now that school's out, I have more time than I want with boredom, so GT6 is getting updated. I also want to drive that Nissan LMP1 just to see how shite it is at going around corners. From some video I've seen, it looks like it goes too fast compared to real life.

In other news, any idea as to how to make the Toyota TS030 do laptimes at La Sarthe that are anywhere close to realistic?! I can only do laps between 3:30 and 3:40 on hard and soft tyres; it doesn't matter how the car is set up!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Bobby Doorknobs

go_Rubens wrote:Currently updating my GT6 game. Needs to go through the last 4 updates because I haven't been able to or have a desire to play it. I played a little bit a few days ago without getting updates. Now that school's out, I have more time than I want with boredom, so GT6 is getting updated. I also want to drive that Nissan LMP1 just to see how shite it is at going around corners. From some video I've seen, it looks like it goes too fast compared to real life.

In other news, any idea as to how to make the Toyota TS030 do laptimes at La Sarthe that are anywhere close to realistic?! I can only do laps between 3:30 and 3:40 on hard and soft tyres; it doesn't matter how the car is set up!

Yeah, the performance of the Nissan seems to be based on what it might have achieved had its development gone a little more smoothly! :P

As for the Toyota, try this setup. I just did a 3:27.865 on soft tyres using it, which is about 2 seconds off what the #7 car achieved in qualifying for the 2012 race. I'm sure better times can be achieved, even with a controller (which was what I was using), as I kept messing it up at Arnage.
#FreeGonzo
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Simtek wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Currently updating my GT6 game. Needs to go through the last 4 updates because I haven't been able to or have a desire to play it. I played a little bit a few days ago without getting updates. Now that school's out, I have more time than I want with boredom, so GT6 is getting updated. I also want to drive that Nissan LMP1 just to see how shite it is at going around corners. From some video I've seen, it looks like it goes too fast compared to real life.

Yeah, the performance of the Nissan seems to be based on what it might have achieved had its development gone a little more smoothly! :P

As for the Toyota, try this setup. I just did a 3:27.865 on soft tyres using it, which is about 2 seconds off what the #7 car achieved in qualifying for the 2012 race. I'm sure better times can be achieved, even with a controller (which was what I was using), as I kept messing it up at Arnage.

I'll have to give it a go. I use a wheel instead of a controller, so I'll find out soon enough whether it works or not on behalf of the wheel. Thanks for providing the link!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Am I the only one here with an EA Sports NASCAR game? I have their last game (NASCAR 09) and it's quite a lot of fun, IMO. The career mode can take a while, even with the shorter races though. The AI is also quite laughable too (In the career mode, I have had at least 2 moments when AI cars forget what brakes are and run up the back of someone), as are the physics (the cars have jelly suspension once they go up on 2 wheels). Overall though, I find it quite fun, and there always seems to be something to do (even after you finish the career mode, it can take a while to unlock some of the custom tracks and fantasy drivers).

It's what I've been using for Douglas Mann's NASCAR career, on PSP (possibly the 06 version). Career mode does take a while, largely in part to real life in my case.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Normal32 wrote:

The only thing good about that game is the track layout.

Can someone make this track for Grand Prix 2 or something? :D
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

After driving the GTR LM Nismo in Quick Race on GT6, I can't help but think Nissan's FWD LMP1 is a publicity stunt. How on earth did they think FWD was a good idea? It's a workout for anyone on a wheel in game, never mind real life. Prepare to build up your biceps and triceps!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

go_Rubens wrote:After driving the GTR LM Nismo in Quick Race on GT6, I can't help but think Nissan's FWD LMP1 is a publicity stunt. How on earth did they think FWD was a good idea? It's a workout for anyone on a wheel in game, never mind real life. Prepare to build up your biceps and triceps!

Maybe this is just all some big act for Max Talent to show how good he REALLY is :D
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Bobby Doorknobs

Changing the direction of this thread slightly, but sticking to the overall topic, Sony made an announcement at E3 that I never thought they would announce, despite all the speculation over the years, and has had me jumping with excitement: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final- ... 0-6428174/

Yes, Square-Enix are remaking Final Fantasy VII for the PS4! No, not a re-release on Steam or PS Store, an actual, proper remake! :dance: :D :dance:
#FreeGonzo
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

go_Rubens wrote:After driving the GTR LM Nismo in Quick Race on GT6, I can't help but think Nissan's FWD LMP1 is a publicity stunt. How on earth did they think FWD was a good idea? It's a workout for anyone on a wheel in game, never mind real life. Prepare to build up your biceps and triceps!

It's supposed to be a part time 4WD hybrid, but problems happen and the car have to be rushed. :geek:

Also, trailers for Last Guardian and Shenmue 3 are out.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

ooooo... Assetto Corsa's 50% off on Steam for those interested. Really have to think about whether I'd have the time to play it.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:Also, trailers for Last Guardian and Shenmue 3 are out.

Apparently the latter is a big deal.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Salamander wrote:

People have been begging for Shenmue 3 all day. ;)

Oh, and plans for Project Cars 2 are up... after around 6 weeks of the release of the original.
Bobby Doorknobs

FMecha wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Oh, and plans for Project Cars 2 are up... after around 6 weeks of the release of the original.

And I still have yet to play either of the first two Shenmue games, but I suppose that's what I get for not investing in a Dreamcast :P

Anyway, I just got rFactor and played it for the first time. That's right, I have never played rFactor before, despite all the kickass mods I've seen for it over the years that greatly appealed to me (like the Targa Florio). It's been a very... humbling experience so far, coming from Gran Turismo, which I consider myself pretty good at. Although the fact that I've been using a PS3 controller to play a PC sim probably has at least something to do with it, as the sensitivity is ridiculously high :P Time to get a wheel, methinks...
#FreeGonzo
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

FMecha wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Too bad they never finished the first one....

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:
FMecha wrote:Oh, and plans for Project Cars 2 are up... after around 6 weeks of the release of the original.

Too bad they never finished the first one....

Yeah... that killed any thoughts I had about buying Project Cars...
Everything's great.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Simtek wrote:Anyway, I just got rFactor and played it for the first time. That's right, I have never played rFactor before, despite all the kickass mods I've seen for it over the years that greatly appealed to me (like the Targa Florio). It's been a very... humbling experience so far, coming from Gran Turismo, which I consider myself pretty good at. Although the fact that I've been using a PS3 controller to play a PC sim probably has at least something to do with it, as the sensitivity is ridiculously high :P Time to get a wheel, methinks...

I know what you mean with the PS3 controller.

Anyway, there are a few great F1 mods that i'd recommend. F1SR 1992 is a fantastic mod, and I like their other mods too, aside from the 1993 one.

Other mods i'd recommend include WCP 1997, CTDP 1998 and MMG 2007. There was also a really good 2011 mod, but I can't remember which one it was, as there are so many mods for every season since 2010.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Well, there is now a 2.0 version of Project Cars coming.

https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-v ... rovements/
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote: