F1RDS - 2015 Season - Preparation for 2016/Driver Signups

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: F1RDS - 2015 Season - Italian GP Online (NEW CHAMP. LEAD

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Why are my drivers always falling back in the race? Is it the engine? Or are the drivers just too slow over a full race distance?

That's the deal with the VW engine. Usually, Suomanen's good for pole, but in the race it falls behind.

On some tracks (like Monaco and Adelaide) it wasn't too bad, but on the faster tracks it's more noticeable.

It's looking like it'll be single-spec engines next season though, so don't worry too much...

Pykalisto and Kwol-Cho have the same engine. The former dropped like a stone while the latter only lost one place. NO FAIR :cry:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Good job Miguel, if you keep doing this you may get promoted to the F3RWRS after all.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Behrman Reith wrote:Erm.....That isn't me that spin out after race.That....some other guy that invade my car.Still happy for Kwol-Cho for championship lead.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Finally, we are back on form. Congratulations to both our drivers scoring a double podium in this race. I hope the momentum keeps up high.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Standings updated on the wiki.

It shouldn't escape your notice that we've got the last round of the season coming up. Therefore, a big thank you goes to everyone who got involved; I'm very sorry about all of the arsing around that came at the start of the season, but I was trialling a load of things and getting a feel for running it.

We'll be having single-spec engines next season (rebadgable, of course) so there should be none of the faffing about. Also, after Zandvoort I'll take suggestions where the 2016 Winter Cup could be held. I seem to remember the USA being moderately popular last season, so that could be one option.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

So the championship is all but lost now. Well, at least we got one win, but apart from a few occasions the second car seems to be cursed...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

DMR has won more races than any other team so far, and yet will probably end up finishing 7th in the championship. Says a lot about our qualifying performance, doesn't it? :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Standings updated on the wiki.

It shouldn't escape your notice that we've got the last round of the season coming up. Therefore, a big thank you goes to everyone who got involved; I'm very sorry about all of the arsing around that came at the start of the season, but I was trialling a load of things and getting a feel for running it.

We'll be having single-spec engines next season (rebadgable, of course) so there should be none of the faffing about. Also, after Zandvoort I'll take suggestions where the 2016 Winter Cup could be held. I seem to remember the USA being moderately popular last season, so that could be one option.

How about a tour of South America? Let's see these teenagers deal with racing in 45 degrees celcius air temperature! :lol:

Suggested Calendar:
R1: Autódromo Juan y Oscar Gálvez (aka Buenos Aires)
R2: Autódromo Víctor Borrat Fabini (aka El Pinar)
R3: Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba
R4: Autódromo José Carlos Pace (aka Interlagos)

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Mustafa Kurniawan, and the entire Mecha GP crew, wrote:YES! YES! YES! :D

We should have an NC Helsinki Thunder-like race. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Eurobrun: You were right. I bathplugged up. BLN, just give Plus One Reject of the Year already! :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Eurobrun: You were right. I bathplugged up. BLN, just give Plus One Reject of the Year already! :lol:

You got me thinking about it already...there's no way I can give it to Good Call because (up until now) they were at the head of the championship.

It's difficult to do for the first season, as everything's brand new and thus there's no form to compare to. There's only one or two names that stand out at the minute, but I'll make a call on it after Zandvoort.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

pasta_maldonado wrote:Eurobrun: You were right. I bathplugged up. BLN, just give Plus One Reject of the Year already! :lol:

It was a total mistake, but there were more rejectful things that happened so I would give it third if it was my choice. Engine parity would be my ROTR
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Even though I don't have any real involvement in this series apart from being on the waiting list, I'd suggest these 3 British circuits for the Winter Cup:
Knockhill
Thruxton
Oulton Park
Trump 2016
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Even though I don't have any real involvement in this series apart from being on the waiting list, I'd suggest these 3 British circuits for the Winter Cup:
Knockhill
Thruxton
Oulton Park

I don't know if any of those tracks exist - they're certainly not here: http://www.grandprix2.de/tracks.html
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:I don't know if any of those tracks exist - they're certainly not here: http://www.grandprix2.de/tracks.html
Unfortunately not, they definately exist though ;)
Trump 2016
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Adelaide / Melbourne / Bathurst could be a good Winter Cup
or Imola / Monza / Mugello
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Kamaha step up pressure to sign Hwok Kwol-Cho
Kamaha tried once again to sign Hwok Kwol-Cho who is currently leading the F1RDS championship despite not winning a race. Kamaha see Hwok Kwol-Cho as an upcoming star and would fit in next to Victoria Desai in the second F3RWRS car. However Hwok Kwol-Cho management have not returned any of Barii Mori's calls.

Who owns Hwok Kwol-Cho as I would like to sign him for the Kamaha F3RWRS team...
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

SuperAguri wrote:
Kamaha tried once again to sign Hwok Kwol-Cho who is currently leading the F1RDS championship despite not winning a race. Kamaha see Hwok Kwol-Cho as an upcoming star and would fit in next to Victoria Desai in the second F3RWRS car. However Hwok Kwol-Cho management have not returned any of Barii Mori's calls.

Who owns Hwok Kwol-Cho as I would like to sign him for the Kamaha F3RWRS team...

I think it's Ferrarist.

Also, Võsu will drive the last round, as Hämäläinen already has a confirmed seat for next season.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

SuperAguri wrote:

Wow, for once I have a successful driver for my team :lol:

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Zandvoort Race 1 Qualifying

Race will be done Thursday/Friday.
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: F1RDS - 2015 Season - Netherlands GP Q1 Online

Bathplug, Silva is so inconsistent it's almost comical

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

20th? That's not going to win the title

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Shizuka wrote:20th? That's not going to win the title

Yeah, especially when you've somehow ended up behind the world's worst qualifier in James Douglas.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

How,in the name of bathplug,did Nestra Aya get 3rd on his first quali session after being fired.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

With the VW enignes it will be difficult to stay up there, but being 1 second faster than anyone else is quite an achievement, even with the best qualifying engine.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Come on Tonu, ten places ahead of Kwol Cho, this is your big chance to get back in the title race. Win or bust.

Ekdal did alright too but I expect he'll go backwards in the race as per usual...

Edit: Hang on a minute...is that really NESTRA AYA in THIRD PLACE?! WHAT????

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Come on Tonu, ten places ahead of Kwol Cho, this is your big chance to get back in the title race. Win or bust.

Ekdal did alright too but I expect he'll go backwards in the race as per usual...

Edit: Hang on a minute...is that really NESTRA AYA in THIRD PLACE?! WHAT????

That's the power of the fairly large Random Grip value...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Sorry for the double post, but I'm starting to test out a few circuits for next year and wanted to properly share my plans for next season

Of course, the RWRS calendar has not been finalised so I cannot yet choose what support races I will run yet. I'm not expecting this for a while, but I'm tempted to expand the calendar so that we have 20 individual races (in short, we'll have 5 more races.)

I will be including Circuit Ricardo Tormo and the Red Bull Ring onto the calendar. I've tested these, they look fine so that's all sorted. Whether or not they're support races I don't yet know (that's more in relation to RB Ring, I doubt RWRS will use Valencia). I would also like to do a longer race at the end of the season; probably a one-stop half race distance event. Although preferably in Europe, I'm sure I could use the one-race outside Europe guideline I used for this season's calendar. I am thinking that we could have it in any one of Fuji, Sepang, Interlagos or Montreal.

I won't be retaining Monaco, though. I don't care how prestigious it is, it produced dull racing last time and I don't feel any obligation to keep it.

I will also try to a) add commentary to imgur coverages and b) will attempt a video coverage if I can sort out a microphone.

As I've said before, it's gonna be a single-spec series for 2016. You may rebadge your engine (I would expect Alitalia to stick the old Lancia name to it, for example) and thus I will be willing to produce new liveries if any team managers are dissatisfied with theirs.

Although numbers are just a formality for the wiki, they will be handed out relative to the positions in the teams' championship. Whichever team finishes first will be handed #1 & #2, and so on.

Pre-season tests will be done away with; we jump straight into the Winter Cup over the off season. We've had suggestions for a South America Cup, an Australia Cup and for ones in Italy and Great Britain. Personally, I'd prefer to include circuits that won't be used in the main season (so the Italy cup is probably unlikely), and I'll put forward a California Cup (Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Long Beach). I'll take more suggestions, then I'll put it up for a vote after Zandvoort.

Another note about the Winter Cup; do not feel obliged to use the same drivers you have signed for 2016. As long as they haven't taken part in an RWRS race (excl. SuperPrixs) and they are under 21 then you may put them in a car. For example, if Aeroracing wanted to give Francesco Fagioli some experience prior to his F3 campaign, then they can use him. (as long as he doesn't race in F3RWRS beforehand).

I hope this is suitable; I notice this post is a little erratic but I'm just trying to get everything I can think of down.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Liam McGuigan wrote:OH MY WORD! Don't you dare bathplug this up, drivers, otherwise you'll be sacked on the spot! And if any of the other cars bathplugs you over, I'll personally see that they won't be walking for a week! :twisted:

Noel Arthurs, under his breath wrote:I guess we should book a cell for him in advance. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Zandvoort Race One:

Race coverage here: http://imgur.com/a/RvK0R

(apologies for some missing images, imgur was being an anusraptor...)
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

John Zimmer wrote:Grr...

Although Wener has pretty much guaranteed an offer from ZimSport for the F3, or even the RDS next season if she wishes to stay.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Bleh. Terrible race for Echoften.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Thomas Butler wrote:That was, in a word, garbage. Thank the heavens that this car only has one race to go until it can be shipped off to the scrappers and made into razor blades. Next year's mount should and will be better.

Laura Wener, having just stepped out of the car wrote:OMG OMG OMG OMG! I'VE JUST WON THE RDS!

Liam McGuigan wrote:YES YES YES YES YES F*** YES!!!!! That's how DMR roll around here! Not only has Laura silenced her critics and got an offer from the F3RWRS (which I'll let her take if she wants it), Jerry mate COULD BE THE F***ING CHAMPION after the next race! HOLY F***ING HELL! ImageImageImage

Laura Wener, in tears of joy wrote:I'd like to dedicate my victory to my family, to Liam who gave me the chance to prove myself, to everyone at DMR. I'm gonna bloody miss you loads if I get the ZimSport F3 seat. Thanks so much!

A nice little reference to the Olympic rowing in 2012, when Katherine Copeland and Sophie Hosking won gold and they shouted 'We've just won the Olympics!'. ;)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

So Pykälistö lost, what, four positions in the last two laps? Damn...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aya was surely going to score well this race and the engine ruins everything! F***

Image Image
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Dá-lhe Jalmerson... Bathplug, Patri!
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Ataxia/BLN, could I please be stuck on the waiting list for this please? Edward Restov Jnr is feeling pretty poky following his row with his father :twisted:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Ataxia/BLN, could I please be stuck on the waiting list for this please? Edward Restov Jnr is feeling pretty poky following his row with his father :twisted:

Sure thang :)
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

*maskpalms*

Ow.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Zandvoort Race 2 Qualifying