F1RDS - 2015 Season - Preparation for 2016/Driver Signups

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: F1RDS - 2015 Season - Netherlands GP Last Race Online! (

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Grovey wrote:Considering Matt Grove has been sacked he will take any free seat in RDS

I personally think he should have got another year but it's been decided now so nevermind

He does have the Surfers SuperPrix to prove he deserves a promotion, but it'll be his last chance with ZimSport if he blows it.

And if he does blow it, there's always Eurobrun's Autodynamics/Red Bull WRT to fall back on. Unless the situation between you two is as dysfunctional as myself and Lappy where we usually take turns to sack each other's drivers after three races :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Grovey wrote:Considering Matt Grove has been sacked he will take any free seat in RDS

I personally think he should have got another year but it's been decided now so nevermind

He does have the Surfers SuperPrix to prove he deserves a promotion, but it'll be his last chance with ZimSport if he blows it.

And if he does blow it, there's always Eurobrun's Autodynamics/Red Bull WRT to fall back on. Unless the situation between you two is as dysfunctional as myself and Lappy where we usually take turns to sack each other's drivers after three races :lol:

Knowing how crap my teams are I would pretty much take any driver I could get not called Beniot Voeckler :lol: And if this was real life he would make Olivier Grouillard look like a respectful backmarker :lol:

And I would crash in to almost everything :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Grovey

Post by Grovey »

eurobrun wrote:And I would crash in to almost everything :lol:

Yes you certainly would, you seem to have developed an intimate relationship with the nearest trye barrier :lol:

This makes me think that we should get a certain Max Chilton lookalike into a series somewhere here
The amount of WHINCUPWINSLOL is too damn high
RonDenisDeletraz

Grovey wrote:
This makes me think that we should get a certain Max Chilton lookalike into a series somewhere here

Bathplug yeah, that would be epic :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I'm so happy that our team's driver scored the first F1RDS title. Best of luck to Kwol-cho in F3WRS next season!
Reith should stay, so V-Sport has an opening.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Foster's will be retaining Angel Jose Castanda, but Marsden will not be returning next year. Which means there's a seat free at FGCR! It's not as bad as it seems - We won two races and came 3rd in the teams championship, so sub,it your applications now! :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Sorry to pull the rug from underneath you Nuppiz, but Tonu Pykälistö won't be returning to NRE next season. I have other plans for him.

Oh, well actually that's a slight relief, as I was already running out of slots to put my drivers into.

Anu Võsu will continue with NRE next year (this will be her last chance), while we'd like to offer the second seat to Jari Lappalainen.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Sorry to pull the rug from underneath you Nuppiz, but Tonu Pykälistö won't be returning to NRE next season. I have other plans for him.

Oh, well actually that's a slight relief, as I was already running out of slots to put my drivers into.

Anu Võsu will continue with NRE next year (this will be her last chance), while we'd like to offer the second seat to Jari Lappalainen.

This is a little awkward...Lappalainen signed with DMR last night. I can offer you Florian Grunewald if you'd like...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

This is a little awkward...Lappalainen signed with DMR last night. I can offer you Florian Grunewald if you'd like...

What about Hamalalalalalalalalainen?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Oh, well actually that's a slight relief, as I was already running out of slots to put my drivers into.

What about Hamalalalalalalalalainen?

Sorry, he signed for Foster's in F3 after the Monaco SuperPrix.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Is any driver interested in driving for Autoroute for 2016?

Would Kurniawan or de Boer like to drive for the Mazzacane Motorsport F3RWRS team?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pi314159 wrote:Is any driver interested in driving for Autoroute for 2016?

Would Kurniawan or de Boer like to drive for the Mazzacane Motorsport F3RWRS team?

de Boer already went to an F3RWRS teams but I don't remember which one - I was beaten to his signature by someone else. But AFAIK Kurniawan is on the market.

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Well kingfisher have two available seats for next season for anyone wanting to prove themselves. Thomas Butler, if your reading this, do you want to join Kingfisher in F3 next year?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianSutil wrote:Well kingfisher have two available seats for next season for anyone wanting to prove themselves. Thomas Butler, if your reading this, do you want to join Kingfisher in F3 next year?

Benoit Voeckler is interested in a seat at Kingfisher :D

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The F1RDS ROTY Podium

3rd: Kastazumo Nakaya - The Japanese driver was the lowest scoring driver that had taken part in all of the races. Although that's not a crime in itself, the fact that he got ousted at Red Bull with one point in the first six races after Miguel Silva had won a race then was outclassed at Mecha by his championship-hunting teammate shows that the guy isn't really a top-level driver.

2nd: Engine Parity - In short, if you didn't have an Opel or Renault engine, you weren't going to do too well. Toyota didn't make the headway expected in the race, and VW just fell back far too much. It was never a real display of driver talent, so it's single-spec engines next season.

1st: Scuderia Alitalia - The only Opel team not to win, Alitalia finished 12th in the Teams' Championship. Bjorn Ekdal managed a pair of podiums, but he left the team at the end of the season after a strop. Things were worse in the #22 car though; Velikonja started well but tailed off. Voeckler was as dreadful as ever, and Tantovich was very average indeed. One last throw of the dice was Nestra Aya; the Malaysian qualified 3rd in both Zandvoort races but the engine died on the first try, then in the second he ran wide and took his front wing off. Not an ideal season for the Italian team, but things should definitely improve next season.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

can i please go onto the reserve list please
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

AdrianSutil wrote:Well kingfisher have two available seats for next season for anyone wanting to prove themselves. Thomas Butler, if your reading this, do you want to join Kingfisher in F3 next year?

Benoit Voeckler is interested in a seat at Kingfisher :D

Anyone but him lol
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Yup, Butler would like to move up to F3.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:can i please go onto the reserve list please

Of course, seeing as you double-pleased. :lol:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

roblomas52 wrote:can i please go onto the reserve list please

Of course, seeing as you double-pleased. :lol:

Two pleases, no capital letters, and no full stops :lol:
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pi314159 wrote:Is any driver interested in driving for Autoroute for 2016?

de Boer already went to an F3RWRS teams but I don't remember which one - I was beaten to his signature by someone else. But AFAIK Kurniawan is on the market.

Since I had a self imposed 4-driver limit (out of official 5 - the fifth slot is always reserved except in extreme cases), Kurniawan will stay with Mecha, if possible. :)

We need new second driver, Nakaya being on ROTY podium made us going against renewing his contract. (No Aya or Voeckler, please! 8-))
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

To make things a little clearer, I thought I'd make a nice list of all the drivers that, as far as I know, are unconfirmed and eligible for next season.

Mestach (ditto?)
Butler (F3 with Kingfisher?)
Frankham (possibly F3?)
Wener (offers from ZimSport and West Cliff in F3)
Reith (staying at V-Sport?)
Einhrin (eichy disappeared, so I would expect Einhrin not to carry on)
Lampredi (the personification of 'meh'.)
Scalabroni (staying at Aeroracing?)
Nakaya (leaving altogether?)
Aya (showed he's got potential...)
Voeckler (HA.)
Marsden (wouldn't expect him to stay...)
Grove (surprised Rosenforth got rid of him...)
Last edited by Ataxia on 22 Jan 2013, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
RonDenisDeletraz

Nakaya will go back to Japan unless someone wants to employ him and all his money. And I would like to make an offer for Einhrin to move to F3RWRS with Red Bull World Race Team

FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Feldhoffer would like to stay at Echoften for another year
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Velikonja will focus on rolling Trabants. But Voeckler is still looking for a drive :D

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:To make things a little clearer, I thought I'd make a nice list of all the drivers that, as far as I know, are unconfirmed and eligible for next season.

Reith (staying at V-Sport?)

Behrman Reith will be staying at V-Sport for next season,Nestra Aya in the meantime is also looking for a drive.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Given a lack of other options, Marsden will stay on at FGCR
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Given a lack of other options, Marsden will stay on at FGCR
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

For some consistency, I'd like Reith to stay at V-Sport, but Kwol-Cho's seat is empty at the moment.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Mazzacane Motorsport offer an F3 contract to Scalabroni. Suomanen will stay in RDS at least until the management situation is sorted out.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Mestach will also gladly stay at Echoften for a second season.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

There is still a second seat available at Octan Young Drivers, though only for a rookie.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

This wrote:There is still a second seat available at Octan Young Drivers, though only for a rookie.

Terenzio Nicchi wrote:I'm available. :D
Trump 2016
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
This wrote:There is still a second seat available at Octan Young Drivers, though only for a rookie.

Terenzio Nicchi wrote:I'm available. :D

Alright, do you agree with the conditions?
This wrote:1) He needs permission from Octan whenever he signs for a new team (this will not be a problem)
2) He must not spend more than 2 seasons in one series (if he's good enough, this will not be a problem)
3) He must not go to RoLFS (if this is a problem, then your driver is a problem)
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

This wrote:1) He needs permission from Octan whenever he signs for a new team (this will not be a problem)
2) He must not spend more than 2 seasons in one series (if he's good enough, this will not be a problem)
3) He must not go to RoLFS (if this is a problem, then your driver is a problem)

Terenzio Nicchi wrote:Yes, yes and yes.
Trump 2016
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Alright, deal done.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Benoit Voeckler, wearing a wig and a dress, wrote:Bonjour, my name is Benoi...I mean, Brigitte Voeckler. I am a rookie and I would like to drive for your team next season!

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Benoit Voeckler, wearing a wig and a dress, wrote:Bonjour, my name is Benoi...I mean, Brigitte Voeckler. I am a rookie and I would like to drive for your team next season!

You can drive the forklift. Both racing seats are filled up.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RDS - 2015 Season - Preparation for 2016/Driver Signup

Foster's Good Call Racing have made significant changes to their 2016 lineup. Angel Jose Castaneda is out in favour of an all British lineup in the form of Scott Marsden and Fusion driver academy protege Jack Connelly
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

East Londoner wrote:

Yup, Butler would like to move up to F3.

Ok that's confirmed and I'll add it to the wiki.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015