Rejected from the word go?

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rejected from the word go?

Post by shinji »

Oh my. This screams 'ripping the piss' to me, he surely couldn't be that oblivious as to the tone of that letter.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Last edited by fjackdaw on 06 Jul 2012, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

fjackdaw wrote:This is Don Pentecost's facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/u.s.energysolution

But guys, did you not see? Don has published the fake Mike Coughlan letter, believing it to be real!!!

http://force1usa.com/williams-f1-manager-comments-on-force-1-usa-future-f1-racing/

Oh dear god... :lol: I can't stop laughing... :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Comment removed due to controversy. Kindly remove all references to this post. :oops:
Last edited by FMecha on 07 Jul 2012, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Tch, FMecha, you've ruined the fun now.

If Mr Pentecost really had the speed gene, why isn't he already a racing driver of note, even on the amateur scene, I wonder? It reminds me of the film King Of Comedy - a comedian trying to go straight for a prime time television slot without ever working a club or honing his craft.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

He is also trying to start a Christianity based racing team, bless his cotton socks:

I am attempting to acquire funding (and network connections) for a start-up Christian motorsport (ministry-related) team.
Last edited by fjackdaw on 06 Jul 2012, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

fjackdaw wrote:Tch, FMecha, you've ruined the fun now.

Indeed. Anyone have the keys to the papaya cannons? :evil:
Last edited by Londoner on 06 Jul 2012, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Now it's beginning to look promising!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:This is Don Pentecost's facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/u.s.energysolution

But guys, did you not see? Don has published the fake Mike Coughlan letter, believing it to be real!!!

http://force1usa.com/williams-f1-manager-comments-on-force-1-usa-future-f1-racing/

Oh dear god... :lol: I can't stop laughing... :lol:

How the bathplug did he fall for that? :shock:

Also, why did you have to go and spoil it, FMecha? :(
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hopefully he'll realise his massive error and delete the killjoy comment before it's too late. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I hope so too... though I'm not sure that's possible while it's waiting moderation.

You just know this Don guy, when he inevitably gets ignored by the F1 community, won't say, "Well, I gave it my best shot, but I can see now that Formula 1 is really the place for massive corporations these days", he'll say, "I was treated disgracefully by the bigoted and blinkered F1 community, who didn't want their imagine challenged by a 59-year-old American Formula 1 champion racing for Christ".
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

FMecha wrote:Trivia: If you check the F1RMGP '14 thread, I ran a rumor that Pentecost has (fictionally) bidded for a entry in 2015 F1RMGP season. :lol: ;)

Ya see, there's this thing called real life, and I often find it's more fun than a fictional universe.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:I told him to bathplug off and to realise that the Coughlan letter is actually from Kostas by commenting it. ;)

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Unless this guy has serious mental problems, there's no chance that he believes the message is actually from Coughlan. He's just using the opportunity it gives him to name-drop in order to spam everyone about his project/scam. Something funny would be to alert the real Mike Coughlan as to the existence of all this, and see his reaction.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha you f***ing idiot, if real life Mike Coughlan decides he's absolutely furious that someone has done a parody of him and decides it was deliberate impersonation for malicious means, he can f***ing sue me. Don't go around making statements like that! While the intent was not of deliberate malice to deride him, rather to mock Mr Pentocost's stupid F1 team plan, if he decides to pursue a case in that direction I am so very screwed. I will find your address and send you the legal bill if it does come to that. Because that was just plain unnecessary and stupid. Don't you understand how these things work?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:FMecha you f***ing idiot, if real life Mike Coughlan decides he's absolutely furious that someone has done a parody of him and decides it was deliberate impersonation for malicious means, he can f***ing sue me. Don't go around making statements like that! While the intent was not of deliberate malice to deride him, rather to mock Mr Pentocost's stupid F1 team plan, if he decides to pursue a case in that direction I am so very screwed. I will find your address and send you the legal bill if it does come to that. Because that was just plain unnecessary and stupid. Don't you understand how these things work?

Hadn't thought of that. Identity theft I suppose?

Considering he did tweet pretty much every prominent figure in the paddock with that info, what you're worried about isn't totally outside the bounds of reality.

Overall, for a multitude of reasons, FMecha, that was a really, really stupid thing to do.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

WaffleCat wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
Monstrobolaxa wrote:For a minute there I thought the project was doomed! But wait he's posting job vacancies:

http://force1usa.com/future-f1-employme ... mployment/

Certainly the project is starting to roll! :shock: :lol:

I tried to post a reply to this page, however it appears moderation is switched on for posts and therefore there's no way it will make it onto the page. But, here's what I tried to submit;

What happens if Mr Pentecost actually asks you for the blueprint and asks whether Mr Villeneuve is available?

Called it....sort of.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The question is, why did FMecha do what he did? Not only did he ruin a good laugh, but he's potentially led F1 Rejects up shite creek if word of this gets around. :? :|
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

shinji wrote:
kostas22 wrote:FMecha you f***ing idiot, if real life Mike Coughlan decides he's absolutely furious that someone has done a parody of him and decides it was deliberate impersonation for malicious means, he can f***ing sue me. Don't go around making statements like that! While the intent was not of deliberate malice to deride him, rather to mock Mr Pentocost's stupid F1 team plan, if he decides to pursue a case in that direction I am so very screwed. I will find your address and send you the legal bill if it does come to that. Because that was just plain unnecessary and stupid. Don't you understand how these things work?

Considering he did tweet pretty much every prominent figure in the paddock with that info, what you're worried about isn't totally outside the bounds of reality.

Overall, for a multitude of reasons, FMecha, that was a really, really stupid thing to do.

Agreed, and I've had personal experience of something like this, having got caught up in an incident whilst at university which put some lecturers in a compromised position. My name was leaked by some grasser douchebag and I nearly got my university career finished midway through my first year! Fortunately I was able to convince the powers that be that all wasn't as it seemed, and I escaped with just an official warning, but this could be far more serious.

I mean, just why man? WHY? :roll:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I am afraid that I must agree with those saying that this really was not a wise decision. Luckily kostas22 won't be able to do anything to you should this go down the drain, but still it is not too kind. On the other hand, we could delete the evidence with kostas22 removing the screen shot.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Klon wrote:Luckily kostas22 won't be able to do anything to you should this go down the drain, but still it is not too kind.

It's Kostas. He's a Glaswegian. Therefore he's more than capable of kicking someone's teeth down their throats from halfway around the world :lol:

Seriously though, that was poor form Mecha, poor form.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:
Klon wrote:Luckily kostas22 won't be able to do anything to you should this go down the drain, but still it is not too kind.

It's Kostas. He's a Glaswegian. Therefore he's more than capable of kicking someone's teeth down their throats from halfway around the world :lol:

He's a mental Italian, Italians couldn't kick arse if they wanted too - we Germans had to learn that the hard way.

Oh no, I didn't! :o
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

When I saw FMecha's comment I facedesked so hard I got brain damage.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

shinji wrote:

Not sure about identity theft, but defamation of character or somesuch is not out of the question, considering some of the comments (Xerox machine, FW34 blueprints, etc). I imagine Mike Coughlan wouldn't take such light-hearted ribbing very well. That said, if I were him I'd just want to leave Spygate in the past and just ignore the whole thing - if it does catch wind, it'll only be news for a day or two unless someone makes a big thing of it.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Hey guys, I'm rejectful sometimes. Sorry for treating Pentecost's saying seriously, and sorry for that comment I posted. :oops:

I will nominate myself for Forums' Reject Of The Year.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

FMecha wrote:Hey guys, I'm rejectful sometimes. Sorry for treating Pentecost's saying seriously, and sorry for that comment I posted. :oops:

The point still remains: why did you choose to ruin our fun, and risk a lawsuit?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
FMecha wrote:Hey guys, I'm rejectful sometimes. Sorry for treating Pentecost's saying seriously, and sorry for that comment I posted. :oops:

The point still remains: why did you choose to ruin our fun, and risk a lawsuit?

I was, mistakenly, and needlessly, treating it seriously. I don't have any intention to ruin everyone's fun. I repeat, I was mistakenly and needlessly treating Pentecost's statement seriously. :oops: :cry:

I will remove my post.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

In fairness, if Coughlan sued me for defamation of character, I'd have Veritas on my side. He was proven to have copied Ferrari documents, he was part of Stefan GP for a brief period. For that, I'd win any court case, but it would be a massive inconvenience nonetheless if it did happen.

Image Image
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

"Your joke has some legal consequences. the only “rejects” are the losers that live off of f1 forums."

http://force1usa.com/williams-f1-contacts-force1usa/#comment-257

Mind you, the guy was dumb enough to believe it, despite it *clearly* being a joke.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

fjackdaw wrote:"Your joke has some legal consequences. the only “rejects” are the losers that live off of f1 forums."

Mind you, the guy was dumb enough to believe it, despite it *clearly* being a joke.

And he's apparently unable to distinguish between "living off of" and "occasionally frequenting".
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

fjackdaw wrote:"Your joke has some legal consequences. the only “rejects” are the losers that live off of f1 forums."

Well, we had a good run.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Shag me sideways, didn't realise this happened...

...do we know any good lawyers? Otherwise, we're f**ked.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Shag me sideways, didn't realise this happened...

What's his case?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

What's his case?

Fraud? Misrepresentation?

Of course, pleading insanity might work... :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

What's his case?

Fraud? Misrepresentation?

Of course, pleading insanity might work... :lol:

Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't beleive you can sue over false 'promises' on a comment on a website about a pipe dream
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't beleive you can sue over false 'promises' on a comment on a website about a pipe dream

I'm messing, it should be fine. I mean, this Pentecost fella has no grounds to sue because technically, he has no assets relating to the 'F1 team' other than a website and 500 Twitter accounts. And a photograph of himself on a dirtbike.

I wouldn't imagine Coughlan would see it, as the tweets will get a) lost under mountains of other fans or b) be seen as the ravings of a crazed lunatic.

Who knows?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I was afraid of Mike Coughlan suing me. But the American clown who runs this website?

This is absolute laugh a minute stuff!

Image Image
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

What is actually going on now? :?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:What is actually going on now? :?

The kettle...I'm parched from all this legal talk.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Wow. In his recent posts,he's naming random multi-billionaires from all around the world as possible investors like as if they give a bathplug. It's like he searched the list of multi-billionaires list on Wikipedia and just naming them out one by one.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!