1979 rFactor F1 - Please go to 1980 thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
the Masked Lapwing

Re: rFactor Alternate F1 - 1979 Season

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I'll keep Lauda till the end of the year, I'll worry about a replacement after that.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Oooh. Can ATS/JLD sign Lauda for 1980? :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
JJMonty wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:I'm afraid I don't, sorry! The mod being used doesn't have templates, you have to paint directly off of the original skin. Your team will a customer team, so for your entry to be accepted, you first have to choose one of the following chassis:

Brabham BT48
Lotus 80
Williams FW06
Arrows A2
Arrows A1
Wolf WR7
Fittipaldi F5
McLaren M28
ATS D3
Renault RS01

So I can send you the original livery to paint on.

And also can you name your engine supplier :P Your drivers can be real or fictional.

This is rFactor yeah? If so, the GP79 skins are a real bugger to try and work with! However at the moment it is the Brabham BT48 I am interested in - would you mind sending me your file just so I can see if we are working on the same file?

Engine Supplier & drivers: Can I keep that on hold for now just to see how the story develops please?

Yeah, sure, after all 1979's not over yet :) And here's the original file for the BT48:

Damn! It is the same skin file that I'm working on! :( Life would have been so much easier had there been a template! :P

Nevermind....

Anyways to my story... The Unknown German Manufactor has been expressing an interest in advertising their products in the Motosport world. With rivals such as Mercedes, BMW and Porsche getting their fair share of lime-light and success so far in various catagories - this Manufactor (with a reputation for innovation) has an Inline-5 engine that is currently used in production cars, their hope is to use this engine in several catagories of motorsport to great success. However, due to the restriction of forced-inducted engines only being allowed to run up to 1500cc, this means the engine has had to be modified, the "F1 prototype" will sport only 3 cylinders!

They are also interested in using a tried and tested customer chassis - so they can focus mainly on the engine. Engineers of the manufactor have been in talks with Gordon Murray, into seeing whether they can purchase blue-prints of their BT48 chassis. Intentions are to reproduce a car very similar to the BT48, apart from with a lower centre of gravity thanks to the much smaller engine (in comparison the the V12 unit that Brabham used), aerodynamic modifications and for the car to be made out of a revolutionary material called Carbon Fibre - initial crash tests on their production cars show that the material is stronger than steel (so long as the correct mixture has been applied) but can weigh significantly less.

They are also seeking to promote German Motorsport with the intention of bringing German drivers to the grid, however to help develop the car - they are looking at an experienced pair of hands to help develop the car. It has been reported that the two recent Champions Mario Andretti and Niki Lauda (both of whom have been struggling in cars whilst being thrashed by rookie team-mates) have been seen at the Manufactors HQ in Ingolstadt, Germany.

More news will develop soon, but the manufactor has expressed great interest in trying to get a car ready for an end of season test!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Bidding war between Porsche and this unknown manufacturer for Lauda's services? Bring it on :twisted:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

May the best man win! :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With Saras money filtering through from the Moratti family, Merzario is going to be ambitious and offer both Lauda and Andretti contracts for 1980.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Shadow Ford have promoted Stefan Bellof to a full-time drive next season. As for Watson and Rosberg, I'll wait a while.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

@JJMonty, I know, it's a real bugger to work with, some skins you can sort of see the car lines but otheres it's pratically educated guessing :| I'll be interested to see what you can do with that though :P

@Everyone interested in Lauda and Andretti, to keep things fair I won't take control of them, the owners of the teams they are contracted to can decide :)

At the end of the year I will rate all the driver's performances that took part this year, on a scale of 1-10, so it will be easier to see who has talent.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

How many races are left anyway?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AdrianSutil wrote:How many races are left anyway?

5, not including the Dutch GP, which has just been completed
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

*** Breaking News*** !!!

A spy shot has been released showing a new car testing at Zolder!!! - Unfortunatly the photo is of a poor quality so it is hard to make out who the team is! Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JJMonty wrote:*** Breaking News*** !!!

A spy shot has been released showing a new car testing at Zolder!!! - Unfortunatly the photo is of a poor quality so it is hard to make out who the team is! Image

As soon as it's done can you send it to me please :)
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

Shall I PM it?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JJMonty wrote:Shall I PM it?

Can you upload it to an internet site please? (Mediafire, etc)? (My email's a pile of crocked shite - just like Rio Ferdinand most of the time! :lol: )
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JJMonty, I've got the skin and I like what you've done :) I had a shrewd guess at who it might be and you didn't dissapoint
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Rebaque would like to lock up either Ghinzani or O'Connell to a contract for 1980. Hector Rebaque has announced that he will be sitting out for the rest of the season to let the two fight for the seat alongside Marc Surer for next year. He also noted that Ghinzani is currently winning the battle.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ferrari will definitely resign Rene Arnoux. We're undecided about Villeneuve, though.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1979 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort

Newsflash

Michael Bleekemolen will be replacing Hans Stuck as a one-off.

An actual tumbleweed was spotted rolling through news departments across the globe. Well, except for Japanese Autosport, who gave away 4 foot tall manga dolls of Hiroshi Takagi with their latest issue.

QUALIFYING

Williams took their third consecutive pole position, leaving certain Honda members very very happy indeed. Again. Callum McAllister took his 6th pole position, but Jody Scheckter was only 10 hundredths of a second from stealing McAllister's glory. Rene Arnoux lined up ahead of Jacques Laffite, with Villeneuve ahead of both Renaults. Piquet and Gauthier both continued to show up their more experienced team-mates, while Shadow dropped outside the top 10. Geoff Lees put in Tyrell's best qualifying performance for ages, Kevin was dissapointing, and the least said about Lotus the better. Padraig O'Connell put in the best lap of his life to secure 17th, while at the back of the gird, Riccardo Patrese was out of position in 28th. Beppe Gabbiani qualified his Merzario in 29th, while de Angelis didn't - more decisions to make in a team that has had more driver changes than anyone else. ATS sent a few jaws hurtling to the floor, as not only did one of their cars top the non-qualifiers, but Michael Bleekemolen qualified for his first race! Depault, although fast (relatively), failed to qualify, along with Sedlak, de Angelis, Jenkins, Fittipaldi, Rossler, Keegan, and Ongais.

RACE - 73 LAPS

McAllister had a good start, but Scheckter bogged down off the line, and found himself under attack from Arnoux! Villeneuve and Laffite all had looks, but Scheckter was able to fend them off. The midfield was crazy, and in the space of 1 lap, while McAllister now lead by 1.2 seconds, Laffite had fallen back to 11th position ! Laffite would be stuck behind Gauthier, Watson, and Piquet for most of the race.

Arnoux was holding Scheckter up like crazy, McAllister now lead by 3.3 seconds. Scheckter would ahve to wait until lap 3 to get past Arnoux, by which time McAllister had built a 5 second lead. Nevertheless, Scheckter was undettered - and set about catching McAllister.

It took 6 laps, and when McAllister went a little wide into Tarzan, Scheckter took adavantage and went into the lead! By lap 12, Scheckter lead by 4 seconds, but only to have it wiped away for a second race in succession, as his gearbox failed. McAllister inherited the lead, and now with an 8 second advantage over Arnoux in second, proceeded to pull away.

Reutemann had now closed on Arnoux in second place, while more importantly for Arnoux, Laffite was still stuck behind Piquet. Reutemann found a way through on lap 16 into Tarzan, but Arnoux took the place back the following lap.

By lap 22, McAllister led by 17.2 seconds over Arnoux, and Laffite had got past Piquet and Villeneuve, and was now in fourth. But, that wouldn’t last for long, as a lap later, Piquet outbraked himself into Tarzan, and slid into Laffite’s rear wing! The title contender and championship leader span into the barriers, and was out! Piquet continued, and after a stop for a new nose, was a lap down until he retired on lap 61 with brake failure.

Rene Arnoux could now relax a little, but not for long, as Ed Kevin worked his way up through the field into 3rd on lap 27. McAllister now lead by 31 seconds, but the next six cars – Arnoux, Kevin, Reutemann, Villeneuve, Jabouille and Andretti were covered by just 2 seconds. Jabouille wouldn’t see the end of the race, however, as on lap 28, he launched a lunging move down the inside of Villeneuve, but collided with the Canadian’s right sidepod. The impact tore off Jabouille’s left-front, Villeneuve continued, albeit with a massive dent in the right sidepod.

By lap 33, Arnoux and Kevin had pulled away from the rest of the pack, and were still 31 seconds behind McAllister. Villeneuve, however, was experiencing cooling problems with the engine, which would see the end of his day on lap 35. Two laps later, and hesitation from Arnoux when lapping Horford allowed Kevin to close right up. Kevin slipstreamed past Arnoux on the pit straight into Tarzan, and was through! Kevin was now 34 seconds behind McAllister, and set about eating into the Spaniard’s lead!

On lap 59, Arnoux’s tires began to go off, allowing Alan Jones in 4th to close and pass the Ferrari. Arnoux knew if things stayed like this Kevin would lead the championship, but he couldn’t do anything about it.

Kevin had managed to get the gap to McAllister down to 18.5 seconds on lap 57, but now was dropping back steadily every lap, and decided to settle for second.

Everything depended on whether McAllister’s Honda would last the distance. The Williams team waited with bated breath as the laps kept on coming. 5 laps to go, 4 laps to go, 3 laps to go and with the engine still holding on, the Williams team finally let themselves believe they had won the race. The final two laps went by with the engine still holding on, allowing McAllister to win his second race of the year, and Honda’s first as an engine supplier. McAllister had been coasting the last few laps, with Kevin only 15 seconds behind across the line. Alan Jones was 2 tenths behind the Irishman in 3rd, while Arnoux managed to hold off Reutemann to finish 4th. John Watson scored his second points finish of the year in 6th, ahead of Gauthier in 7th, and Piercarlo Ghinzani scoring Rebaque’s second consecutive points finish in 8th. Takagi was the last man on the last lap in 9th, while Bellof had a disappointing day in 10th a lap down, with Lauda, Horford, and Bleekemolen also a lap down.

Driver's Championship-After 12 rounds

1: Ed Kevin - 50
2: Jacques Laffite - 49
3: Rene Arnoux - 48
4: Callum McAllister - 38
5: Jody Scheckter - 34
6: Carlos Reutemann - 28
7: Gilles Villeneuve - 26
8: Harvey Jones - 24
9: Jan Lammers - 21
10: Nelson Piquet - 21
11: Alan Jones - 20
12: Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 13
= Hiroshi Takagi - 13
14: Gianfranco Brancatelli - 11
15: Mario Andretti - 8
= Guilliame Gauthier - 8
17: James Hunt - 6
= Alain Prost - 6
= John Watson - 6
20: Stefan Bellof - 5
= Keke Rosberg - 5
22: Andrea de Cesaris - 4
= Geoff Lees - 4
= Derek Daly - 4
= Kieran Sutherland - 4
26: Niki Lauda - 3
27: Roberto Horford - 2
= Piercarlo Ghinzani - 2
29: Thomas Nurmester - 1
= Davey Clarke - 1

Constructor's Championship-After 12rounds

1: Ligier-Ford - 99
2: Ferrari - 74
3: Williams-Ford - 62
4: Renault - 41
5: Lotus-Ford - 40
6: Ram-Ferrari -27
7: Brabham-Ford - 23
8: McLaren-Ford - 21
9: Tyrrell-Ford - 18
10: Shadow-Ford - 16
11: Williams-Honda - 10
12: Alfa Romeo - 8
= Arrows-Ford - 8
= Wolf-Ford - 8
15: RAM-Ford -5
16: Rebaque-Ford - 2

PICTURES

The grid

First corner

Scheckter behind Arnoux and Reutemann

Scheckter passes McAllister for the lead...

Only to retire with gearbox failure.

Early race Watson train

Reutemann passes Arnoux

Piquet smashes into the back of Laffite

Horford holds up Arnoux

Kevin in front of Arnoux

Villeneuve-Jabouille incident

Jabouille out

Post-race

The FIA hands out a formal warning to Nelson Piquet.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Lotus wrote:It is good to get another podium after a poor qualifying.
Last edited by RonDenisDeletraz on 24 Aug 2012, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

After his fantastic showing in the Netherlands, Michael Bleekemolen will remain in the car for the next two races.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

John Watson:
"I'm delighted to score points again. There was a fair but of attrition today so to last the distance and score again shows Shadow are finally moving up the grid. Hopefully we can keep this sort of performances up and fight the McLaren and Brabham teams. If Shadow continue their good form, there's no harm in trying for 6th place in the constructors."
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Frank Williams wrote:That's another race where an Honda engine has remained intact. Both, in fact, and one of them has even lasted the full distance to come triumphant across the line. However, we must keep working out reliability. The gearbox in particular is proving troublesome, though the engine will also be worked out just in case, and to prove this was not a fluke. I am extremely happy to have Honda on board, they are doing a supremely skilled job.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

So, apart from Bleekemolen continuing at ATS, is there any more changes for Italy?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:So, apart from Bleekemolen continuing at ATS, is there any more changes for Italy?

Guidetti in for De Angelis at Merzario.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Harvey Jones wrote:Qualifying was awful for both of us, and to retire from the race is deeply frustrating. My patience with the team is wearing thin, we've dropped down the order significantly, our mid-season upgrade has had little effect, and it appears that the team has given up on the season. When I sigined for Lotus I was under the impression that I would be driving for a strong team capable of challenging for podiums at the very least, on a consistent basis. Right now I'm wondering if I'll even qualify in the top 20, and as far as I'm concerned, that just isn't good enough. If things don't start improving, I shall look for a drive elsewhere.

Marshal Jenkins wrote:Piss off, I'm on the phone looking for new sponsors! Yes we did try to qualify, and there's no truth in any rumour of us just turning up and not properly attempting to make the start. We're a professional team and we want to make sure we're here for years to come.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Davey Clarke wrote:BATHPLUG OFF! :evil:

Bruno Giacomelli wrote:Eh, who made the suspension out of spaghetti?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Gilles Villeneuve wrote:Jabouille, you turkey.

Luca di Montezemolo wrote:I'm not pleased with the way Jabouille crashed into Gilles. But at least Arnoux is two points behind the lead in the Drivers' championship. And I'm going to question the legality of the Ligier car. It's obvious that their suspension is illegal since they're the only team so far not to have a suspension failure! :evil:
Trulli bad puns...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Teddy Mayer wrote:Brilliant drive Gauthier.I really have faith in him.He does not push the car extremely hard,but keeps the car in his limits and he is always consistent.For Mario,however,he is fast,no doubt about that,but he is making too many mistakes,something which is not World Champion Material.So,Andretti will be released after this year,and Derek Daly will be set to take his place until further notice.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Hector Rebaque wrote:YES! Another points finish for us! I do find it disconcerting that as soon as I stopped driving, the team started scoring points though.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1979 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

Newslash

Michael Bleekemolen continues at ATS after an impressive debut

The Merzario merry-go-round keeps on turning, as Elio de Angelis is back out of the car again, as Simone Guidetti gets a second bite of the Merzario shaped cherry.

Gimax replaces Jan Lammers at RAM for this race only

QUALIFYING

Williams was expecting a Williams pole. Ferrari were expecting a Williams pole. Rebaque was expecting a Williams pole. I was expecting a Williams pole. Everyone was expecting a Williams pole. Gilles Villeneuve came out of no-where to claim pole by just 8 tenths of a second ahead of Callum McAllister, with Jean-Pierre Jabouille half a second slower in third. Rene Arnoux took 4th ahead of Niki Lauda, who was a second behind the top 4 turbo cars. Reutemann in 7th and Scheckter in 9th couldn't scrape a complete lap together, while the two Ligiers could only manage 8th and 11th while in the title hunt. Guilliame Gauthier in 12th was over a second faster than team-mate Andretti, while the two Arrows showed improved pace in 13th and 14th. Alan Jones had a poor qualifying in 15th, but Harvey Jones had it even worse, only managing the 24th fastest time. Gabbiani managed to set the 27th fastest time in his Merzario, ahead of Sedlak and Keegan. Simone Guidetti also made the grid in 30th, which meant that both Merzarios would make the grid for the first time since France. Michael Bleekemolen was just 28 thousandths of a second shy of qualifying his ATS for a second straight time, a feat which no-one has managed this year. Ongais showed improved speed but it wasn't enough, Jenkins will be disappointed to not qualify for the 3rd time in a row, while Bruno Giacomelli was doing a great job of convinving Wolf to hire him for 1980. Depault couldn't find as much speed as his team mate, Rossler was just slow, and somehow, Alain Prost managed to set the 37th fastest time in an Alfa Romeo which is capable of qualifying regularly. Emerson Fittipaldi was just awful, his time 8 seconds slower than Villeneuve's, and 2 seconds slower than Prost's.

RACE - 50 LAPS

Villeneuve had a great start to lead into turn one, driving the tifosi crazy, while Jabouille and Arnoux both leapfrogged McAllister. Further down the field, Harvey Jones, after a poor start, was hit from behind by Sedlak in the second Retifilo, sending the Czech out on the spot, while Jones continued to the Roggia chicane, before spinning out into the barriers. McAllister was back past Jabouille into the Variante Ascari, and on lap 2, passed Villeneuve for the lead into the Roggia chicane to the dismay of the tifosi.

Engine failure for Alan Jones on lap 6 eneded another disappointing day for Lotus, while Piquet suffered brake failure on lap 8 at the Roggia chicane. Piquet was saved from an extremely nasty accident by the fact that he had already completed half of his braking for the corner. He was able to walk away from the car unaided. Frustration in the Ligier camp as championship leader Kevin pulled into the pits to retire with gearbox failure on lap 5.

By lap 10, Jabouille and Arnoux had got past Scheckter, demoting the South African to 5th. Callum McAllister was still in the lead, and a battle between Jabouille, Scheckter, Arnoux and Villeneuve for second allowed him to pull away. McAllister couldn't pull away as much as he liked, and on lap 22, had a 9 second lead. McAllister didn't complete the lap, as the Honda cried enough between the two Lesmos. Scheckter inherited the lead, with a 3 second advantage back to Arnoux in second. But the Ferraris had the tifosi on their side, and with the encouragement of the crowd, began to reel in Scheckter. Arnoux was right behind Scheckter on lap 27, and slipstreamed past him into the Parabolica, sending the crowd wild. Scheckter wasn't ready to give up without a fight, however, and attempted to get past at the Rettifilo chicane, and at the Roggia chicane, but Arnoux held him off.

The second round of the Andretti/Takagi fight commenced on lap 28. Andretti and Sutherland went into the Roggia chicane side by side, but Sutherland got out of shape halfway through and nudged Andretti into a spin. Mario proceeded to rejoin straight away into the path of Hiroshi Takagi, who was behind team mate Lees. Once the dust and wheels settled, Takagi got out of his car and went over to Andretti, holding his racing suit and punching him in the face. Andretti responded with a left hook and a right uppercut, followed by a straight punch from Takagi, before the two brawling drivers were restrained by marshals.

A lap later, Arnoux and Villeneuve were tucked up right behind Scheckter down the back straight, with Arnoux using the slipstream to pass Scheckter into the Parabolica, and Villeneuve followed him through! The tifosi went wild, as Ferrari were now 1-2, and starting to pull away from the Williams! A mistake by Arnoux into the Rettifilo allowed Villeneuve into the lead! Scheckter retired on lap 38 from third place, promoting Jabouille to 3rd with Bellof right behind in 4th position.

Villeneuve now had a 5 second lead over Arnoux in second place with 9 laps to go, and although Arnoux was able to close the gap down to 3 seconds, Villeneuve was untouchable to claim his first win and Ferrari's first 1-2 of the year. The tifosi went wild, and proceeded to invade the track, waving Ferrari flags like crazy!
Jabouille was able to keep Bellof at bay to claim 3rd, while Jacques Laffite had an anonymous race to finish 5th, keeping himself in the title hunt. Guilliame Gauthier managed to not crash his McLaren into a Tyrell to finish 6th, Patrese kept it together to come home 7th, while Simone Guidetti kept the Merzario out of trouble and in one piece to claim the first point of his career, and Merazarios first ever point, at their home Grand Prix! Sutherland, Lees, and Horford were on the lead lap, with O'Connell and Clarke a lap down.

Driver's Championship-After 13 rounds

With 4 rounds to go, Laffite, Arnoux, and Kevin are covered by just 6 points.

1: Rene Arnoux - 56
2: Jacques Laffite - 53
3: Ed Kevin - 50
4: Callum McAllister - 38
5: Gilles Villeneuve - 36
6: Jody Scheckter - 34
7: Carlos Reutemann - 28
8: Harvey Jones - 24
9: Jan Lammers - 21
10: Nelson Piquet - 21
11: Alan Jones - 20
12: Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 19
13: Hiroshi Takagi - 13
14: Gianfranco Brancatelli - 11
= Guilliame Gauthier - 11
16: Stefan Bellof - 10
17: Mario Andretti - 8
18: James Hunt - 6
= Alain Prost - 6
= John Watson - 6
21: Keke Rosberg - 5
22: Andrea de Cesaris - 4
= Geoff Lees - 4
= Derek Daly - 4
= Kieran Sutherland - 4
26: Niki Lauda - 3
27: Riccardo Patrese - 2
= Roberto Horford - 2
= Piercarlo Ghinzani - 2
30: Thomas Nurmester - 1
= Davey Clarke - 1
= Simone Guidetti - 1

Constructor's Championship-After 12rounds

1: Ligier-Ford - 103
2: Ferrari - 92
3: Williams-Ford - 62
4: Renault - 47
5: Lotus-Ford - 40
6: Ram-Ferrari -27
7: McLaren-Ford - 24
8: Brabham-Ford - 23
9: Shadow-Ford - 21
10: Tyrrell-Ford - 18
11: Williams-Honda - 10
12: Alfa Romeo - 8
= Arrows-Ford - 8
= Wolf-Ford - 8
15: RAM-Ford -5
16: Rebaque-Ford - 2
17: Merzario-Ford - 1
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Stefan Bellof:
This car is getting better and better every weekend. It's a pleasure to drive. The Ford turbo has got over its reliability issues and it's simply flying! We really believe 6th place is ours in the championship.

Shadow Ford:
Another solid run for Stefan today, we are delighted with him quickly he has come up to speed. We also send a bottle of Chanpagne to merzario for their first point. Congratulations!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Harvey Jones wrote:I'm not one to normally get that angry, but that weekend was f***ing awful, not just for me, but for Alan as well. The team are just throwing away any chance either of us had of making a decent fight of the championship, and the car is just woeful. We don't even have a turbo and the engine still packs up straight away for Alan. There's no way I'm going to spend 1980 in the same situation as I'm in now.

Marshal Jenkins wrote:Bloody Ford engine packed in before it even got going for Rupert. I'm gutted for him because I think he could have had a good race, but that engine has done five races now so it's no surprise it gave in. We've had a good few weeks on the business front though, we've cut a few deals with some film-makers and we've got a new line of magazines coming up so the income from that will get us some new engines and a few more bits for the cars. We'll definitely make Brands Hatch, but those overseas races are looking a bit of a stretch at the moment.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Luca di Montezemolo wrote:Well, put a driver on risk of losing a contract and he'll win the race in a 1-2! A great day for the team... :twisted:
Trulli bad puns...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Teddy Mayer wrote:ANDRETTI!

Mario Andretti wrote:Er,yes?

Teddy Mayer wrote:Why the bathplug did you crash into Takagi?!AGAIN?!

Mario Andretti wrote:Erm....

Teddy Mayer wrote:Don't know now,huh?And why did you brawl in the gravel at Retifilio?!At least Takagi had some sense to keep his helmet ON!*points to bruise by Andretti's nose*

Mario Andretti wrote:But Takagi starte-

Teddy Mayer wrote:TAKAGI DIDN'T START IT,YOU DID!*entire McLaren garage faces Mayer* Good.They're now listening.Andretti,it doesn't matter if you are the defending champion.It doesn't matter if other people start crashes.You wouldn't be involved in them anyway if you are not over ONE BATHPLUGGING SECOND BEHIND GAUTHIER!And enough bullshite excuses,because,as of right now,you are FIRED!

Mario Andretti wrote:Wha?...

Teddy Mayer wrote:You heard me? FIRED!

Mario Andretti wrote:Boss,I have one thing left to say.

Teddy Mayer wrote:WHAT IS IT?

Mario Andretti wrote:We're in Brands Hatch now.

Teddy Mayer wrote:*facepalm*...FINE! You have to show that world champion "you" this weekend!It's only *checks calendar* Thursday,you have three days left at McLaren! Either you score a podium here,or you're OUT!

So yes,as a summary of that argument, Andretti will be fired unless he scores a podium.Reason being that he has crashed into too many Hiroshi Takagis in three races.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

With the much needed money Gimax' drive gave us, RAM will be able to come back into the title hunt! As both drivers are underperforming, Lammers and Brancatelli will swap places! (just change numbers, nothing else :P )
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

This wrote:With the much needed money Gimax' drive gave us, RAM will be able to come back into the title hunt! As both drivers are underperforming, Lammers and Brancatelli will swap places! (just change numbers, nothing else :P )

That has got to be up there with one of the most pointless changes I've ever seen. You're not even mathematically in contention for the constructors title anyway :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

WOOHOO!! Forza Guidetti!!!! We finally scored a point!! :D

Image Image
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Ladislav Sedlak wrote:What The F*ck?!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jean-Pierre Jabouille wrote:FUUUU-- wait, I actually finished. And on ze podium as well.

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:I would be very 'appy to continue with McLaren, I feel zat I am getting better with every race as I get more experience with ze team and F1 in general, and zat we can do even better next year.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Edward Kevin wrote:Well, after a lovely second place back in Zandvoort, that was a bit of a jolt back to reality. Qualifying was a mess as usual, but for once the race never got started either. I lost 5th gear on the first lap, and a few laps later the whole thing packed in. Ah well, we'll move on, and at least I'm still well in the championship hunt.

Jacques Laffitte wrote:That was a very satisfactoire race pour moi, while the result wasn't fantastique it's good to gagner points even when you don't have beaucoup de vitesse, particularly when on est dans le combat championship.

Guy Ligier via a translator wrote:I am delighted to announce that the Ligier Gitanes team will maintain its driver line-up of Jacques Laffitte and Edward Kevin for the 1980 Formula 1 season. Furthermore, we want to make it known that our current test driver, Patrick Tambay, is available for recruitment by other teams, his time at the team coming to an end by mutual agreement. He will be replaced in this post by last year's French F3 co-champion Jean-Louis Schlesser.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that we will be using turbo Talbot engines next year, which we will start race testing once the respective championships have been decided this season. If the situation arises that both come down to the last grand prix, well... we will have to make do with a more race-raw engine at the start of next season. I passionately believe in turbo technology, after seeing the evidence put forward primarily by Honda in recent Grands Prix.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.