RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Team Wales is next, then Astral Motorsport, and then it's GO GO GO! :D

Martini Nissan Racing cars are complete. Also tried one last attempt to make the exterior windows work, so include those please.

#8 John Cleland
#28 Fabrizio Giovanardi
#29 Rickard Rydell
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

kostas22 wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Team Wales is next, then Astral Motorsport, and then it's GO GO GO! :D

Martini Nissan Racing cars are complete. Also tried one last attempt to make the exterior windows work, so include those please.

#8 John Cleland
#28 Fabrizio Giovanardi
#29 Rickard Rydell

I discovered it was my computer, the computer I'n on now (and can only use at weekends) loads the windows. I'll try to copy the settings from this installation and see if it works back home.

Anyway, here's Team Wales, hope you like it FMecha:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

#8 John Cleland
#28 Fabrizio Giovanardi
#29 Rickard Rydell

I discovered it was my computer, the computer I'n on now (and can only use at weekends) loads the windows. I'll try to copy the settings from this installation and see if it works back home.

Anyway, here's Team Wales, hope you like it FMecha:

Not bad! :D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Screenshots of Martini Nissan Racing cars please? Want to see if there's anything I need to fix :)

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

kostas22 wrote:Screenshots of Martini Nissan Racing cars please? Want to see if there's anything I need to fix :)

Just uploading to Imageshack :) I must say they're nice skins :) Oh, you sent me Giovanardi twice so I cahnged the numbers and made it Rydell's car. Also, you will see windows for the reason stated earlier
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Screenshots of Martini Nissan Racing cars please? Want to see if there's anything I need to fix :)

Just uploading to Imageshack :) I must say they're nice skins :) Oh, you sent me Giovanardi twice so I cahnged the numbers and made it Rydell's car. Also, you will see windows for the reason stated earlier

That was unnecessary. I just pasted the same Dropbox link twice. Here is the correct link for Rydell's car, including windows; http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61327712/MNR29.zip

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Here is the Martini Niussan Racing livery:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

OK, I will do some small revisions all three cars and then I'll be finished :)

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Here's the Astral Motorsports livery. Hope you like it Pamphlet :) (sorry your livery was left till last):

The first test will be tomorrow, at Silverston (Full pre-2010 circuit). Full pictures and rules for this season will be posted. Should I start a new thread?

And Hermann Mann's on a boozer, so I don't know if he'll make it or not. I told him not to go, but they had a Jagermeister jacuzzi....
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'd say it would be better to keep this thread rather than start a new one, for now at least.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Also, feel free to predict who will be on top tomorrow :D
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Here's the Astral Motorsports livery. Hope you like it Pamphlet :) (sorry your livery was left till last):

[img]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5320/astral1.jpg
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7093/astral3.jpg
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9089/astral2.jpg

The first test will be tomorrow, at Silverston (Full pre-2010 circuit). Full pictures and rules for this season will be posted. Should I start a new thread?

And Hermann Mann's on a boozer, so I don't know if he'll make it or not. I told him not to go, but they had a Jagermeister jacuzzi....

Hey, I myself told you to leave it last. And it looks gorgeous! Excellent job, thanks a ton.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pamphlet wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Here's the Astral Motorsports livery. Hope you like it Pamphlet :) (sorry your livery was left till last):

[img]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5320/astral1.jpg
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7093/astral3.jpg
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9089/astral2.jpg

Hey, I myself told you to leave it last. And it looks gorgeous! Excellent job, thanks a ton.

Glad you like it :D Georghiu has connex on the bonnet instead of dyonyx as requested
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

12th April 1998 - RTCC first official pre-season test, Silverstone Full Circuit
The entire RTCC circus rocked up at Silverstone for a first glimpse of who will swim, and who will sink. Hermann Mann managed to pull himself out of the Jacuzzi and the semi-naked girls (Silvio Bersceloni's treat), and was sat at the back of the Zakspeed garage. Team Wales turned a few heads when the mechanics turned up sporting large Welsh flag capes over their uniform, and then proceeded to shear some sheep that had somehow found ther way into Hywel Jones' Accord. Manzx T.A.R.T. drivers Douglas Mann, Ben Fleet and Martin McFry arrived at the paddock in, according to an eye-witness, a 'Silver Doorwedge that appeared in a cloud of smoke, fire, and vulgarisms'. McFry was later heard to exclaim: "Bloody flux capacitor. We've been to Silverstone 10 times, but they weren't in the right bathplugging time frame..." and apparently was clutching a Juan Manuel Fangio signed leather cap and a "Kay Lon Blows" T-Shirt. The local B&Q did good business as several teams purchased Gaffa tape and a large bucket of Polyfilla to dodgily rebadge their cars. Martini Nissan Racing arrived in a haze of vanity, and their big-name drivers proceeded to have a punch-up over who was better. The only sound coming from The Good Will Out (Race You) team garage was that of the album they were crappily plugging being blared out across the paddock.

Once all the teams he atmosphere was good, the weather was pleasant, and even the guy selling hookie RTCC merchandise in the paddock did suprisingly good business. (A Catalin Georghiu-signed Astral T-Shirt, anyone? Just 75 quid...)

French-German Michael Prost proceeded to set the fastet time out on the track, the Team Ultimate Fords looking good. Rumour has it the car is so bright that it even hurts blind people's eyes...

Rickard Rydell looked good in the MNR, but lost it half way around his lap

Rck Tyryn looked good in the Honda, as he momentarily topped the timesheets with a sterling effort.

Audi Team Phoenix announced their presence in the paddock with a lap of German effiency from Briton Jody Radcliffe, jumping straight to the top of the time sheets.

Douglas Mann could only manage 17th, the highest place Manx effort

Both Kickerts looked good, getting into the top 10.

Team Ultimate BMW, driven by Rob Collard, goes top with a stunning lap.

Nurmester was last with a time 2seconds of the pace. With his team-mate only 4 positions better off, there looked like a whole lot of work for the Nurminen Engineering boys to do. Maybe the flat-pack Volvo S40 wasn't such a good idea after all.....

Jody Radcliffe went back on top before retiring to the garage as the track quitened down.

Ben Fleet in the T.A.R.T. Vectra all alone out on track

"Racing for Belgium" the footwell of the ECB Peugeot proudly announces, as De Bock is on a hot lap.

John Thorne looking good, getting his Prism up into 12th place.

Fabrizio Giovanardi was down in 35th position , but a good lap from the Italian put him in 16th place.

The track was crowded in the dying minutes of the session, as Robert Anderson puts in a mesmorising lap to go 3rd!!!

TESTING RESULTS

Team Ultimate top the timesheets then with a good lap from Michael Prost. With Rob Collard 4th in the BMW and Cave Johnson 5th in the other Mondeo. Jody Radcliffe in the Phoenix Audi turns it in 2nd. A wonderful lap from Robert Anderson puts the Team Wales Accord in 3rd position, but the Hondas overall look strong. The Kickert Motorsports Vectra looks good, with Pieter Kickert in 6th and Zimmer in 8th. John Thorne in the Prism Nissan must be feeling good, going faster than the three works Nissans. A good yet lacklustre performance for MNR on the whole, with Cleland and Rydell in 14th and 15th, and Giovanardi slotting in 16th. T.AR.T. will be dissapointed with this performance, Douglas Mann only managing 21st, Ben Fleet 28th and Martin McFry 34th. Towards the back of the grid, ECB needs to break into the top 20 if they want to make Belgium proud. Nothing was expected from Sweetcorn Motorsports and nothing was delivered, Garry Jones going 33rd fastest. Percival Carrington- Smythe was either: a) dreadfully slow or b)having toilet trouble as he managed to go slowest in the Renault Laguna, which is capable of going faster.

After the test, all the teams were invited to dinner in a field next to the Sweetcorn Motorsports hospitality unit ( a 20 year old Sprite caravan). Unsurprisingly, the meal was sweetcorn based: corn on the cob starter with Roast Mutton (courtesy of Team Wales) and sweetcorn for the main course. TGWORY brought Yorkies, Zakspeed brought Jagermeister (Hermann Mann was very pleashed) Taiwan Motorsport brought dodgy DVDs and MNR brought vanity and violence. Which was only made worse by the Jagermeister. What a season this is shaping up to be
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

The next test will be at Oulton Park in approximately 2 hours time....
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Thrilled with the performance of the Team Ultimate cars, up the Norwich Union.
Message me on Discord.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

14th May 1998 - 2nd Official Pre-Season Test, Oulton Park
Lat time out, we were treated to a Team Ultimate masterclass. Can anyone beat them? Will Team Wales ever take those capes off? Will Zakspeed get their act together? Will Porky still be rejectfully slow? Will the guy selling hookie merchandise sell all of his Cave Johnson-signed Team Ultimate pictures? Will Martin McFry leap time frames when the Peugeot reaches 88mph? Can the Peugeot reach 88mph? Well, we were about to find out...

Paul Jenkins set the first time of the day in the Renault Laguna, but the first competitive time was by Rickard Rydell in the MNR. Promising German Theo Lutz set the next fastest time in his Audi, to be usurped not long after by MNR's Fabrizio Giovanardi. Jody Radcliffe leaped to the top in the Audi, before Pieter Kickert in the orange Vauxhall went astest. Wlsh Htsht (See what I did there? :lol: ) Rck Tyryn set a good lap to go quickest. NothinG had been seen of the Team Ultimate cars to this point, but Cave Johnson went third quickest and Collard went 6th fastest. In the afternoon , Theo Lutz reclaimed first position in the Phoenix Audi, while Michael Prost could only manage 28th qucikest, being held up by John Thorne! While that was happening, Ben Fleet slipped out of the T.A.R.T. garage to go fastest, that Vauxhall looking impressive. Then, Prost had managed to get past Thorne and immediately lit up the timing screens, setting a blisteringly fast lap to go top. Rob Collard, however, looked to be going even faster, setting a lap time 1 thousandth of a second quicker than Prost! Prost reacted quickly and soon was back on top of the pile, before one last effort from Collard put the Team Ultimate driver in the BMW on top! The fascinating Team Ultimate inter-team battle continues.
John Cleland was the best of the MNR's in 12th position; the Italian squad left with some head scratching to do before the season opener.

Team Ultimate Head out to conquer the time sheets..

Thomas DeBock appears to be holding up Sweetcorn Motorsport's Garry Rogers, or is that an illusion? Maybe the Belgian driver has just swept past....

Cave Johnson out on track for Team Ultimate

A Mike Burns-led train of cars rounds the first corner. Could he be the RTCC Trulli?

Audi Team Phoenix look to have a good car, works team status can only help them

MNR, on the oher hand, are not as competitive as they hoped to be. Consistancy may be the key for John Cleland and co.

Not much Out Racing appears to have been done by TGWORY, the squad establishing themselves in the midfield.

Rob Collard out on track trusting his BMW to not chuck him in the wall

Rafeal Modena doesn't seem to have the pace to challenge his team-mates Lutz and Radcliffe

Micheal Bartels unders the bridge. Zakspeed appear to be mid field runners, but would want to establish themselves as best of the rest.

Michael Prost would be foolish to think about running away with the title.

Catalin Georghiu out on track. Gheorghiu has been no-where near his team mate Sutherland

Team Ultimate can't get out of the limelight, can they?

John Thorne will proably have some calculated revenge thrown at him for holding up Michael Prost

Results will follow min the next post.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

RESULTS

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:Perkele.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:Dop de baie.

Kieran Sutherland wrote:Seconded.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas Mann wrote:It's nice to see my future brother-in-law to go third-fastest, but what the heck are Martin and I doing all the way back here? Although, to be honest, he wasn't great himself in the first test. Maybe the TART cars will one-by-one all rise to the top? Or we all take turns near the top of the charts? Who knows?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

RTCC Rules

1) Team owners must pop into the thread to say hi at least twice during the season otherwise their entry will close at the end of the year and offered to someone else
2) You may change drivers at any point during the year; but each team is limited to 6 drivers having raced for them during the year
3) You are welcome to post any rumours you wish
4) Any bad behaviour by drivers will be punished by a team of stewards. The penalties are: Exclusion from the Drivers Championship, Race meeting ban, DQ from race, DQ from Championship, and a 20kg weight penalty for the next event
5)You can add/ change entries at any point during the year.
6) Credits
Everyone nos has £5000
Credits can be earnt and spent. The prize money you can get at a race meeting is illustrated below:
Win:£5000
2nd:£4000
3rd:£3000
4th:£2000
5th:£1000

The prize money awarded for drivers position in the championship at the halfway point of the season is as follows:
1st/2nd: £10000
3rd/4th: £9000
5th/6th: £8000
Etc etc

The prize money awarded for dtivers champipnship position at the end of the season is as follows:
1st/2nd: £15,000
3rd/4th: £14,000
Etc...
What can I spend my money on?
You can spend money at different points of the season.
What can I buy at a race weekend: For 5 times a year, you can pay £5000 to have your mechanics try and shed some weight. They may be successful, they may not.
What can I buy at the halfway point of the season? You csn update your drivers skill. A skill point costs £5000. Each driver is limited to 5 skill point changes at a time.
What can I buy at the end of a season? Skill points can be updated.You can also buy a new chassis, if you can afford it. A chassis that cost £450,000 in the first post now costs 450,000
AT THE END OF A SEASON, IF YOUR CREDIT VALUE EXCEEDS £30,000 IT WILL BE RESET TO £25,000 UNLESS YOU USE THE MONEY TO BUY A NEW CHASSIS

So to recap, 5 skill points can only be added to a driver per skill update.

Is everyone clear on the rules and regs? If so, the first race will be tomorrow. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND OR THINK HERMANN MANNS DOING IT ALL WRONG PLEASE SAY.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Rory McGately wrote:Rck Tyryn did us prood the-day,especially as we arenae runnin' Knockhill on th' bloody calender.Time tae shaw these laddies what we can dae at th' front!
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I approve of the Terms & Conditions.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Motorsport Aktuell wrote:Zakspeed sacking Volvo in favor of another manufacturer?

The test session haven't been satisfying for Zakspeed, and some sources close to the team officials state that Zakspeed might ditch the Volvo S40s mid-season, in favour of a touring car of another manufacturer. Zakspeed isn't an official works team, and is also disappointed by the performance of the Volvo. The plan is to revive the Zakspeed-Opel partnership from the ITC days, if the mediocre performance of the Volvo continues.
MIA SAN MIA!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Oi! Is there a free slot to take? I'd love to make a last-minute entry, if you don't mind ;)

Team Name: Apollonia Racing
Name: Franciszek "Francis" Wojnar
Nationality: Polish
Agression: 78
Car: #62 Peugeot 406
Livery: http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/58445778/file.html

Composure: 1
Speed: 2
MinSkill: 2
Last edited by Pointrox on 14 May 2012, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:RTCC Rules

1) Team owners must pop into the thread to say hi at least twice during the season otherwise their entry will close at the end of the year and offered to someone else
2) You may change drivers at any point during the year; but each team is limited to 6 drivers having raced for them during the year
3) You are welcome to post any rumours you wish
4) Any bad behaviour by drivers will be punished by a team of stewards. The penalties are: Exclusion from the Drivers Championship, Race meeting ban, DQ from race, DQ from Championship, and a 20kg weight penalty for the next event
5)You can add/ change entries at any point during the year.
6) Credits
Everyone nos has £5000
Credits can be earnt and spent. The prize money you can get at a race meeting is illustrated below:
Win:£5000
2nd:£4000
3rd:£3000
4th:£2000
5th:£1000

The prize money awarded for drivers position in the championship at the halfway point of the season is as follows:
1st/2nd: £10000
3rd/4th: £9000
5th/6th: £8000
Etc etc

The prize money awarded for dtivers champipnship position at the end of the season is as follows:
1st/2nd: £15,000
3rd/4th: £14,000
Etc...
What can I spend my money on?
You can spend money at different points of the season.
What can I buy at a race weekend: For 5 times a year, you can pay £5000 to have your mechanics try and shed some weight. They may be successful, they may not.
What can I buy at the halfway point of the season? You csn update your drivers skill. A skill point costs £5000. Each driver is limited to 5 skill point changes at a time.
What can I buy at the end of a season? Skill points can be updated.You can also buy a new chassis, if you can afford it. A chassis that cost £450,000 in the first post now costs 450,000
AT THE END OF A SEASON, IF YOUR CREDIT VALUE EXCEEDS £30,000 IT WILL BE RESET TO £25,000 UNLESS YOU USE THE MONEY TO BUY A NEW CHASSIS

So to recap, 5 skill points can only be added to a driver per skill update.

Is everyone clear on the rules and regs? If so, the first race will be tomorrow. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND OR THINK HERMANN MANNS DOING IT ALL WRONG PLEASE SAY.

Martini Nissan Racing would like to raise an objection to the rules. Teams that start the season on the back foot will remain there for the rest of the series' existence, the fast teams at the first few rounds will earn money, the rest won't, those fast teams will continue to streak away at the front a gaping divide between fast and slow cars will emerge. The series will be terrible if this is allowed to go ahead. We would like a rethink of the awards structure asap.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

There's something about that entire credit system that strikes out as 'fundamentally flawed' to me but I can't quite put my finger as to what it is right now. I'll get back to you in a few days when it finally occurs to me what it is.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Once the rules have been decided, I would like them added to the first page of the thread, so they can be easily refered to.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:Once the rules have been decided, I would like them added to the first page of the thread, so they can be easily refered to.

& on F1Alternate Wiki

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

The whole ECB team wrote:Bordel.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:Are we going to a brothel?! Count me in!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Okay, seems as it looks like i made a major cock-up, how about this:

Win a race: £1000
2nd in race: £1000
3rd in race:£1000

Come 35th in race: £5000
Come 34th in race: £5000
Come 33rd in race: £4000
Come 32nd in race: £4000
Come 31st in race: £3000
Come 30th in race: £3000
Come 29th in race: £2000
Come 28th in race: £2000
Come 27th in race: £1000
Come 26th in race: £1000
Come 25th in race: £1000

This should allow the smaller teams to improve
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Okay, seems as it looks like i made a major cock-up, how about this:

Sutherland asks if he could throw a race on purpose. Or if retirements count.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pamphlet wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Okay, seems as it looks like i made a major cock-up, how about this:

Sutherland asks if he could throw a race on purpose. Or if retirements count.

I was thinking no retirements. But that system may be flawed too. I need something that give bonuses to smaller teams as well
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

That system isn't good either, as backmarkers could rack up some bonuses for a while and then BAM! use all of them at once (if it's allowed, that is), and suddenly become top teams.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Any suggestions would be welcome as I am struggling to think of a system that is fair but also allows smaller teams to stay competitive. Maybe pay drivers? Maybe a pay driver could pay between £2000 per race. ( A skill point costs £5000). Or we could just do away with money after all. Or maybe a fund for smaller teams that is shared evenly between them at the halfway point
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

How about the bottome 8 teams atthe halfway point in the championship get £100,000 each? It would still encourage them to race properly as there would be awards for podium finishes..
Points System:
1st: 15
2nd: 14
3rd: 13
4th: 12
5th :11
6th: 10
7th: 9
8th: 8
9th: 7
10th: 6
11th: 5
12th: 4
13th: 3
14th: 2
15th:1
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:Are we going to a brothel?! Count me in!

The whole ECB team wrote:No, that was an interjection that didn't need to be translated literally.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Regarding bonus money, I suggest you learn from F1RWRS's equalized TV money formula. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport