RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AUTOSPORT; 2nd January 1998
Break - away BTCC series formed due to rising costs
A break-away group from the BTCC have formed a new touring car series, it has emerged. The breakaway group consists of engineers and personnell from the BTCC. The new series is owned by the shady Hermann Mann, a 50 year old German entrepreneur, who has business interests in around the world. Rumour has it that he was behind the Onyx Formula 1 team of the late 80s. Rumour has it that he was behind the pathetic MasterCard Lola F1 team last year, but got bored with it all and shut it down. The new series is to be named Rejects Touring Car Championship, and will attempt to drive costs down. Hermann Mann, speaking at the RTCC press conference, said: "This series is now inderpendent form der BTCC. We have agreed ein deal with der manufactures Audi, Renault, Honda, Ford, Vauxhall, BMW, Nissan, Peugeot, and Volvo to supply das cars for der new teams." The series has opened it's doors for new teams to compete, with further details being released soon. The BTCC was unavailable to comment. The series could race on tracks across the globe, and is expected to be full of door banging, wheel to wheel, on the edge racing.

Hermann Mann is determined for this series to become a success. 1990s BTCC was the preferred choice in this thread http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4943 I wil be running the series using Rfactor, and it will be an offline series.
HOW DO I ENTER THE RTCC?
First you need to select a chassis.
The following money is given for the following entries:
One car entry in the RTCC - £500,000 to spend on car and driver
Two car entry in the RTCC - £550,000 to spend PER car and driver
Three car entry in the BTCC - ££600,000 to spend PER car and driver

The following cars are available:
AUDI A4
PRICE: £50,000 per chassis

BMW 320i
PRICE: £50,000 per chassis

Ford Mondeo
PRICE: £50,000

Renault Laguna
PRICE: £45,000

Volvo S40

Nissan Primera

Peugeot 406

Honda Accord

Vauxhall Vectra

DRIVERS
Drivers can be fictional or real. When you submit your team, please tell me the following
Team Name::
Name: You don't need an explanation here.....do you?
Nationality: Pretty easy
Agression: A value between 50 - 100, including decimals. Hermann Mann said:
Aggression 50 - 100
As this number increases the AI will give other cars less room, both while passing and while following. It also increases the frequency at which they try to pass and the increases the threshold they are willing to endure before giving up a pass (or crashing, as the case may be...)

Biography: Any other information, back story etc you feel is neccesary for Hermann to know.

DRIVER SKILLS
You also need to tell Hermann howe skillful your driver is. The skill categories are:
Composure- The more compusure a driver has, the less he crashes, runs wide, etc. Values from 1 - 10
Speed - How fast a driver is compared to the total pace. Values from 1- 10
MinSkill - How good a driver is, when he's driving at his worst. Values from 1-10
MAXIMUM SKILL POINTS PER DRIVER: 30

CAR SKINS
You can create your own skins for your entries.
*Open the .psd file (you will need Photoshop or PaintDotNet)
*Create your skin
*Save it as a .dds (you will need the .DDS plugin for Photoshop and Paint.NET)
*Upload it on the internet (e.g. Mediafire) and I will put it in the game for you
TEMPLATES DOWNLOAD LINK:

RULES

1) Team owners must pop into the thread to say hi for at least 90% of the race meetings. If you do not, your entry will be folded and offered to someone else on the Reserve Entry List
2) You may change drivers at any point during the year; but each team is limited to 6 drivers having raced for them during the year
3) You are welcome to post any rumours you wish
4) Any bad behaviour by drivers will be punished by a team of stewards. The penalties are: Exclusion from the Drivers Championship, Race meeting ban, DQ from race, DQ from Championship, and a 20kg weight penalty for the next event
5)You can add/ change entries at any point during the year.

CREDITS
The winner of each race gets £2500

Pay drivers, should you choose to employ them, can earn you £1,000 per race. This money is padi out at the halfway point of the season and at the end. A Pay Driver can only earn you £20,000 in a season. (e.g. You race a PD for the first 4 races of the season. After the halfway point, you get £4,000. At the end of the season you get nothing for his services.) A Pay Driver will have random attributes, so could be a hotshot or rejectfully slow.

A skill point costs £5,000

At the end of the season, money is awarded as following for Driver's Championship position:
1st: £35,000
2nd: £30,000
3rd: £25,000
4th: £20,000
5th: £15,000
6th: £10,000
7th, 8th, 9th, 10th: £5,000

There will be a Manufacturer's championship and a Teams championship.
Teams Championship:
1st: £5,000

Manufacturer's Championship:
The total points of each make of car regardless of mthe teams and drivers. (Highest position per race only)
1st: Each team using that make of car during the season receives £15,000
2nd: Each team using that make of car during the season receives £10,000
3RD: Each team using that make of car during the season receives £5,000

Pooled Money
The teams receive extra money based on the reverse order of the Constructors championship. There are 16 teams this year.
16th: £35,000
15th: £35,000
14th: £30,000
13th:£30,000
12th: £25,000
11th:£25,000
10th:£20,000
9th:£20,000
8th:£!5,000
7th:£10,000
6th:£5,000
5th:None
4th:None
3rd:None
2nd:None
1st:None

RTCC 1998 FINAL Entry List

Equipe de Course Belge
Car: Peugeot 406
Driver 1: Thomas De Bock (BEL) #25
Driver 2: Aurelien Moll (BEL) #26

Kickert Motorsport Engineering
Car: Vauxhall/Holden Vectra
Driver 1: Pieter Kickert (NED) #16
Driver 2: John Zimmer (AUS) #31

Sweetcorn Motorsport
Car:Nissan Primera
Driver 1:Garry Jones (NZE)

Astral Motorsport
Car: Volvo S40
Driver 1: Kieran Sutherland (SCO) #35
Driver 2: Catalin Gheorghiu (ROM) #53

Prism Motorsports
Car: Nissan Primera
Driver 1: Mike Burns (ENG) #4
Driver 2: Robbie Thorne (ENG) #5

RMcG Motorsports
Car: Honda Accord
Driver 1: Rory McGatley (SCO) #2
Driver 2: Rck Tyryn (WAL) #02

Team Wales
Driver 1: Hywel Jones(WAL) #37
Driver 2: Robert Anderson ( #38

Touring Auto Racing Team/T.A.R.T.
Car1: Peugeot 406
Driver1: Martin McFry (USA) #88
Car2: Vauxhall Vectra
Driver 2: Ben Fleet (ENG) #888
Car3: Renault Laguna
Driver 3: Douglas Mann (IOM) #89

Zakspeed
Driver 1: Klaus Ludwig (GER) #7
Driver 2: Uwe Alzen (GER) #6
Driver 3: Michael Bartels (GER) #9

Twinings Earl Grey Renault Racing
Car: Renault Laguna
Driver1: Percival "Porky" Carrington-Smythe #27 (GBR)
Driver2: Driver: Paul "Jenks" Jenkins #30 (GBR)

Team Ultimate
Car1:Ford Mondeo
Driver 1: Michael Prost (FRA/GER) #97
Car2: Ford Mondeo
Driver 2: Cave Johnson (USA) #98
Car3: BMW 320i
Driver 3: Jason Neal (ENG) #99

Martini Nissan Racing
Driver1:John Cleland (SCO) #8
Driver2:Fabrizio Giovanardi (ITA) #28
Driver3:Rickard Rydell (SWE) #29

Taiwan Motorsport
Car:Volvo S40
Driver 1: Yuen-Ching Leung(F) (PRC) #78

The Good Will Out (Race You)
Driver 1: Richie White (ENG) #45
Driver 2: Florence Briggs (WAL) #46

Nurminen Engineering
Driver 1: Nathan Nurmester (ENG) #91
Driver 2: Nikolai Nurmovitsch(RUS) #92

Phoenix Racing Engineering Audi
Car: Audi A4
Driver1: Jody Radcliffe(ENG) #90
Driver2:Rafael Modena (ITA) #94
Driver3: Theo Lutz (GER) #95

RESERVE ENTRY LIST/WAITING LIST
1) eurobrun
2)Pointrox
3) AndreaModa

CALENDAR

There will be two races at each event - A 25 lap feature race and a 15 lap sprint race.
1 Silverstone Circuit

2 Donington Park

3 Castle Combe Circuit

4 Rockingham Motor Speedway

5 Circuit Park Zandvoort

6 Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari

7 Hockenheimring

8 Norisring - *A 26-CAR GRID LIMIT*

9 Oulton Park

10 Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit

11 Thruxton Circuit

12 Croft Circuit

13 Mallory Park

14 Autodromo Nazionale Monza

15 Brands Hatch

16 Birmingham Superprix

17 Oran Park Raceway

NC 1 1st Isle Of Man Touring 24hours TT
NC 2 Inaugral Rockingham Touring TwoHundred

LINK FOR TEMPLATES http://www.mediafire.com/?4168oaa8opo01xo
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 14 May 2012, 18:01, edited 5 times in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Re: RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

Post by tommykl »

I will enter two Peugeot 406s

Thomas De Bock (BEL)
Agression: 80
Skills:
Composure: 4
Speed: 3
MinSkill: 3

Biography: Driver currently racing in the F1CC (this is 1998, I believe), having already competed in F3000 with varying levels of success. Also the team manager of Jordan in Formula 1.

Aurelien Moll (BEL)
Agression: 95
Skills:
Composure: 2
Speed: 5

Biography: Also racing in F1CC, he is less experienced and tends to get in trouble very often.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

tommykl wrote:I will enter two Peugeot 406s

Thomas De Bock (BEL)
Skills:

Biography: Driver currently racing in the F1CC (this is 1998, I believe), having already competed in F3000 with varying levels of success. Also the team manager of Jordan in Formula 1.

Aurelien Moll (BEL)
Skills:

Biography: Also racing in F1CC, he is less experienced and tends to get in trouble very often.

tommy, what is your team name?
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I'll get on to entering a team of drivers sometime soon, however I know for a fact that there are some older spec cars in the latest version of the mod - would it be possible to include these for privateer entrants?

On the subject of tracks, I'll suggest Bathurst and Loch Rannoch (I had many great races on that track in TOCA 2)
This is a cool spot.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

MinardiFan95 wrote:I'll get on to entering a team of drivers sometime soon, however I know for a fact that there are some older spec cars in the latest version of the mod - would it be possible to include these for privateer entrants?

On the subject of tracks, I'll suggest Bathurst and Loch Rannoch (I had many great races on that track in TOCA 2)

If you want to , tell me the car you want and its yours. I dont knpw how rejectfully slow ot'll be though :) it'll cost you £400 000. I'll reserve an entry for you MinardiFan for a day
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
tommykl wrote:I will enter two Peugeot 406s

Thomas De Bock (BEL)
Skills:

Aurelien Moll (BEL)
Skills:

tommy, what is your team name?

Equipe de Course Belge (Gillet hasn't yet gotten involved in the team, and neither has Jacques Swaters)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Autosport wrote:Kickert Motorsport Engineering to enter RTCC
Former F1 driver Pieter Kickert has announced plans to enter the new Rejects Touring Car Championship. The Dutchman has recently started racing in tin tops, and after competing part time in the British Touring Car Championship and appearing at the endurance rounds of the Australian Touring Car Championship last year, Kickert will run for his own team. Kickert has also secured the services of John Zimmer, who after testing for the failed Precision Motorsports team in F1 last year, wanted something to race. It is understood that the two drivers will both race in Vauxhall Vectras.

Car 1: Vauxhall Vectra (#16)
Driver: Pieter Kickert (NED)
Aggression: 95 (tends to defend his position aggressively, which never ends well.)
Bio: Former F1 driver, not really any good (based on my 700 attempts to finish his first bloody race...), drove for Tyrrell in 1994 and someone in 1995 (likely a backmarker). Raced in CART in 1996, switched to BTCC/ATCC in 1997.
Skills -
Composure: 1
Speed: 4
MinSkill: 5

Car 2: Vauxhall Vectra (#31)
Driver: John Zimmer (AUS)
Aggression: 65 (fairly calm, probably partly responsible for his lack of F1 chances.)
Bio: Test driver for Forti in 1995/96 and Precision in 1997. When Precision bit the dust, he raced in the ATCC for his own team, finishing 7th in the championship. Finished 3rd at Bathurst (the ATCC one, not the crappy Super Tourers one).
Skills -
Composure: 3
MinSkill: 4

Liveries: I can't make them. If you can, can you please make Kickert's car bright orange, with a Dutch flag on the roof. His only sponsor is, well, Orange, although there is a very large Vauxhall logo on the rear end. Zimmer's car will be similar, except red, white and black and with an Australian flag. Obviously though, I can't have a Vauxhall logo, that's not the way I work. So, instead, his will have a Holden logo. Major sponsorship is from Repco.

As for the calendar, as long as there is a race in the Netherlands (Zandvoort) and Australia (Eastern Creek/Oran Park/Bathurst), then I'm happy.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
If you want to , tell me the car you want and its yours. I dont knpw how rejectfully slow ot'll be though :) it'll cost you £400 000t. I'll reserve an entry for you MinardiFan for a day

I've decided against using one of these cars (for my main team at least), but good to know that they're allowed.

Team Name: Sweetcorn Motorsport (the origin of this team name comes from the fact that I gave the Primera the name "Nissan Sweetcorn" - don't ask me how or why I thought of that, perhaps it was because my Dad ended up in what looked like a field of sweetcorn when racing it in TOCA 2)
Car 1: Nissan Primera
Driver: Garry Jones (New Zealand)
Agression: 91
Bio: Relatively unknown driver who's career highlights include finishing 7th in the New Zealand Touring Car Series using a very highly tuned (but also very highly outclassed) Lonsdale Satellite in 1992 and an astonishing 12th at last year's SuperTouring Bathurst 1000 using a Daewoo Nubira that's most positive feedback was "it's a bucket of horse excrement" (other comments are not to be mentioned due to excessive profanity). Finally given a chance in an almost factory car with the oddly named "Sweetcorn" team, how will Jones cope?
Skills: Composure: 2 (£10,000), Speed: 2, MinSkill: 1(£10,000)

I'll try and make the livery myself.
Last edited by MinardiFan95 on 06 May 2012, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
This is a cool spot.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

EDIT: Might as well make my entry as people are already flocking in here.

Astral Motorsport, based in the outskirts of the small town of Cardington in Shropshire, England, have recently announced their intention to enter multiple motorsport series. They have already seemingly made the first move by announcing their entry into the newly made RTCC series.

Car 1: Volvo S40 (#35)
Driver: Kieran Sutherland (SCO)
Aggression: 85 (aggressive, yet mindful...to an extent. Do NOT get on his nerves.)
Bio: WIP. I have good plans for him. Plans which involve killing him off and setting him up for Allie Sutherland's career.
SKILLS

Car 2: Volvo S40 (#53)
Driver: Catalin Gheorghiu (ROM)
Aggression: 65 (A pushover by any other name.)
Bio: WIP
SKILLS

Will try to make my own livery once the templates are up.
Last edited by Pamphlet on 06 May 2012, 14:23, edited 7 times in total.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Prism Motorsports, a new team based in County Durham, near Croft circuit in North-east England, have announced their intentions to enter two Nissan Primeras for local drivers Mike Burns and Robbie Thorne. Prism is determined to become a real trailblazer for motorsport in the north-east which was key to their decision to partner with a manufacturer which has a major factory in the region. The team has also acquired locally-based sponsors in the shape of Greggs (title sponsor), Magnet Kitchens, Darlington Building Society and video games developer Eutechnyx, who are already planning a racing game based on the team's exploits. Prism are also lobbying for a round of the RTCC to be held at their local circuit, Croft.

Driver info:

Mike Burns
Aggression: 77
Skills: Composure 3 Speed 4 MinSkill 3

Robbie Thorne
Aggression: 93
Skills: Composure 1 Speed 6 MinSkill 3

(Can someone else please do my livery based on these 4 sponsors, preferably with 1998-spec logos and colour schemes, as I don't have the software. Thank you)
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

RMcG Motorsports are launching a two car assault,although the second driver has yet to be announced.All we know is that the team is entering two Honda Accords and the driver of the first car.

Driver:Rory McGatley
Car No. 2
Nationality:Scottish
Aggresion:98.7
Bio:Self-proclaimed "Ruler of Knockhill" and Very hot tempered if someone even runs close to him,let alone challenge him.

Composure:1
Skill:6
Min.skill:3

About circuits....well,the "Ruler of Knockhill" would like to have a race at "his" track.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Hywel Jones (Welsh, the driver in SuperAguri's championship, which is now on a endless cliffhanger) will take the #37 Accord. The car costs 450,000.

Driver data:

Aggression: 96
Skill: C5 S4 MS4 (130,000)

The team will be known as Team Wales (yes, after the BATracer team of same name). :)

(EDIT: Robert Anderson (British, C3/S3/MS2 - 80,000) will also drive the car :))
Last edited by FMecha on 06 May 2012, 17:52, edited 2 times in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pamphlet wrote:Reserved for my entry (Volvo S40, 2 drivers, will delete this post and make another one with all the needed information once everything's clear enough). But before that - how much money do we have at the start? And I'm guessing we should generally keep the driver skills low enough to manage that cash early on? I see some spending 10 stats worth of cash, others 5, etc.

Also, when will the templates go up?

EDIT: Might as well make my entry as people are already flocking in here.

Astral Motorsport, based in the outskirts of the small town of Cardington in Shropshire, England, have recently announced their intention to enter multiple motorsport series. They have already seemingly made the first move by announcing their entry into the newly made RTCC series.

Car 1: Volvo S40 (#35)
Driver: Kieran Sutherland (SCO)
Aggression: 85 (aggressive, yet mindful...to an extent. Do NOT get on his nerves.)
SKILLS

Car 2: Volvo S40 (#53)
Driver: Catalin Gheorghiu (ROM)
Aggression: 65 (A pushover by any other name.)
SKILLS

Will try to make my own livery once the templates are up.

I'm just uploading the templates now
And it depends, you could go for a slightly worse car but with better drivers of a better car with worse drivers
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

FMecha wrote:Aggression: 96
Skill: C5 S4 MS4 (13,000)

A skill point costs £10,000, not £1000, so you have a maximum of 5 in total as you're entering a one-car team.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I'm just uploading the templates now
And it depends, you could go for a slightly worse car but with better drivers of a better car with worse drivers

I'm dumb. :oops: I re-read the first part, should be fine now.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

RTCC Provisional Entry List

Equipe de Course Belge
Car: Peugeot 406
Driver 1: Thomas De Bock (BEL) #25
Driver 2: Aurelien Moll (BEL) #26

Car: Vauxhall/Holden Vectra
Driver 1: Pieter Kickert (NED) #16
Driver 2: John Zimmer (AUS) #31

Sweetcorn Motorsport
Car:Nissan Primera
Driver 1:Garry Jones (NZE)

Astral Motorsport
Driver 1: Kieran Sutherland (SCO) #35
Driver 2: Catalin Gheorghiu (ROM) #53

Prism Motorsports
Driver 1: Mike Burns (ENG)
Driver 2: Robbie Thorne (ENG)

RMcG Motorsports
Driver 1: Rory McGatley (SCO) #2
Driver 2: Rck Tyryn (WAL) #02

Team Wales
Driver 1: Hywel Jones(WAL) #37
Driver 2: TBC

Touring Auto Racing Team/T.A.R.T.
Car1: Peugeot 406
Driver1: Martin McFry (USA) #88
Car2: Vauxhall Vectra
Driver 2: Ben Fleet (ENG) #888
Car3: Renault Laguna
Driver 3: Douglas Mann (IOM) #89

Zakspeed
Driver 1: Klaus Ludwig (GER) #7
Driver 2: Uwe Alzen (GER) #6
Driver 3: Michael Bartels (GER) #9

Driver1: Percival "Porky" Carrington-Smythe #27 (GBR)
Driver2: Driver: Paul "Jenks" Jenkins #30 (GBR)

Team Ultimate
Car1:Ford Mondeo
Driver 1: Michael Prost (FRA/GER) #97
Car2: Ford Mondeo
Driver 2: Cave Johnson (USA) #98
Car3: BMW 320i
Driver 3: Jason Neal (ENG) #99

Martini Nissan Racing
Driver1:John Cleland (SCO) #8
Driver2:Fabrizio Giovanardi (ITA) #28
Driver3:Rickard Rydell (SWE) #29

Taiwan Motorsport
Driver 1: Yuen-Ching Leung(F) (PRC)

The Good Will Out (Race You)
Driver 1: Richie White (ENG) #45
Driver 2: Florence Briggs (WAL) #46

Nurminen Engineering
Driver 1: Nathan Nurmester (ENG) #91
Driver 2: Nikolai Nurmovitsch(RUS) #92

Phoenix Racing Engineering Audi
Car: Audi A4
Driver1: Jody Radcliffe(ENG) #90
Driver2:Rafael Modena (ITA) #94
Driver3: Theo Lutz (GER)

That's 32 entries, should Team Wales enter 2 cars . There are NO MORE ENTRIES AVAILAIBLE
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 06 May 2012, 23:03, edited 20 times in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This looks facinating!

Can I run a three-car team with three different manufacturers and still spend £600,000 per car? If so, take the entries as below. If not, put them all in the Renault Laguna.
Team Name: Touring Auto Racing Team/T.A.R.T.

Driver 1: Martin McFry
Car: Peugeot 306
Nationality: American/Californian
Mini Biog: Following the end of his time travelling adventures with the Doc in the DeLorean in 1985 (and before catching up with the 2015 Doc counterpart, where he 'borrowed' the DeLorean to continue his motor racing in other periods), he got into motor racing to go alongside a parrallel music career.
Composure: 5

Driver 2: Ben Fleet
Car: Vauxhall Vectra
Nationality: Essex, England
Mini Biog: Befriended Martin McFry as he was time travelling to further his motor racing career, and introduced McFry to the Manns (Douglas and Pippa, not Herman!).
Agression: 75
Composure: 6
Speed: 6

Driver 3: Douglas Mann
Nationality: Isle of Man
Mini Biog: Martin McFry helps this time traveller to compete in numerous series, technically while he is too young to be able to do so.
Agression: 82.5
MinSkill: 6
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Zakspeed

Car 1: Volvo S40
Name: Klaus Ludwig
Nationality: German
Aggression: 75
Composure: 6

Biography: Klaus Ludwig needs no introduction. He won the German Touring Car Championship three times, as well as the 24 Hours of Le Mans. He's competed in all major series except Formula One. This man is very experienced, and even though he's past the age of 50*, he wants to show that he still has what it takes to drive a touring car.

Car 2: Volvo S40
Name: Uwe Alzen
Aggression: 90
Speed: 7

Biography: Uwe Alzen is a very quick driver, but he can be a hotshot at times. But that's why his fans love him. His upbringing is also special. While other drivers went from karting over Formula 3, Formula 3000 and beyond, Alzen fought his way through various Porsche cups, as well as the Nürburgring endurance championship. But he eventually made it into DTM, and he has shown there that he can compete eye-on-eye with the best drivers in the world.

Car 3: Volvo S40
Name: Michael Bartels
Aggression: 55
Composure: 8

Biography: Bartels is the only one with some Formula One experience, and even though his attempts with Lotus were not successfull, he has shown his qualities in other series. Zakspeed knows that and signed him to drive their third car.

As for the calendar; We would be happy as long as the Nürburgring-Nordschleife is in the schedule.

As for the liveries: I try to make them myself. I perhaps need some advice on logos though. :D

* Assuming that we are in the end-90's.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 06 May 2012, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

As for circuits that Touring Auto Racing Team wish to go to (if available):

Brands Hatch Indy
Loch Rannoch
Knockhill
Thruxton
Manx TT (all 37.73 miles of it please - a home race finally for Douglas???)
Mondello
Pau
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll have 2 Renault Lagunas to go, please. Which should leave me with 10 skill points for my drivers

Car 1
Driver: Percival "Porky" Carrington-Smythe #27 (GBR)
Bio: Although his main reason for being in the series is his hefty Twinings sponsorship money, Carrington-Smythe has proven over the past couple of seasons that he does deserve a spot in the series on merit. Called Porky because of his somewhat large frame, what he lacks in raw speed, he makes up for in consistency.
Aggression: 60
Composure: 5
Speed: 2

Car 2
Driver: Paul "Jenks" Jenkins #37 (GBR)
Aggression: 90
Bio: Hailed as the next big thing for Britain in touring cars after winning the Renault Clio Cup, Jenks was very quickly snapped up by the Twinings team. His speed is undoubted, but after several high-profile offs late in the seasons, coupled with a couple of low-key performances, leaves question marks over his ability to contest the whole season at peak ability.
Speed: 7
MinSkill: 2

The team has little in the way of suggestions on tracks, other than Donington should be there, the Birmingham Superprix track should be the season closer, and AVOID KNOCKHILL LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I won't be able to paint the cars, but they should be pretty easy to do - just base them off of my REECCS cars.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

A touring car series, excellent. So By entering three cars I get more money? Do teams have to run the same car, I wouldn't mind 2 Fords and 1 BMW.

Team Name: Team Ultimate
Car 1: Ford Mondeo (£500,000)
Driver: Michael Prost (Father of Sebastian Prost)
Nationality:French-German
Skills: Composure: 1 (£10,000), Speed: 6(£60,000), MinSkill: 3(£30,000)
Aggression 92.5

Car 2:Ford Mondeo (£500,000)
Driver: Cave Johnson
Nationality:USA
Skills:Composure 3 (£30,000), Speed 4 (£40,000) MinSkill:3 (£30.000)
Aggression 80.0

Car 3:BMW 320i (£500,000)
Driver: Jason Neal
Nationality:English
Skills: Composure 5 (£50,000) Speed 3 (£30,000) MinSkill 2 (£20,000)
Aggression: 99.9

As Far as circuit choices go, Brands Hatch is a must, Lydden Hill would be awesome and a race around Goodwood would be the business.

The cars Are to be coloured black, with red WAR stripes.
Last edited by Shadaza on 06 May 2012, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Message me on Discord.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Can Paint.Net really open psd-files? If not, I'm probably not able to paint my Volvo. :D

EDIT: Nevermind that. I just had to install a plug-in.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 06 May 2012, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

MARTINI NISSAN RACING
CAR: NISSAN PRIMERA

#8 JOHN CLELAND (SCO)
AGGRESSION 95
COMPOSURE 3
SPEED 8
MIN SKILL10

#28 FABRIZIO GIOVANARDI (ITA)
AGGRESSION 80
COMPOSURE 7
SPEED 7
MIN SKILL7

#29 RICKARD RYDELL (SWE)
AGGRESSION 75
COMPOSURE 8
SPEED 8
MIN SKILL5
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 06 May 2012, 15:00, edited 4 times in total.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Wait, am I the only one finding it a little unfair that teams with 3 cars also get better drivers? Unless, of course, there is a money cap for each season and those with 3 cars will have to struggle with that more, but if not, what's the point to having less than 3 drivers/cars on a team?

I may have to add another driver to my entry...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

dr-baker wrote:
Mini Biog: Martin McFry helps this time traveller to compete in numerous series, technically while he is too young to be able to do so.
Agression: 82.5
MinSkill: 6

Hermann Mann has two questions: 1) Are Douglas and Pippa related to him?
2) I take it Douglas wants to race with a Manx licence

You can enter more than one type of manufacturer.
Shadaza wrote: So By entering three cars I get more money?

More cars = more money!! This is bcause smaller one car entries wouldn't have enough funds to buy the best cars (Audi, Ford, BMW)

Pamphlet wrote:Wait, am I the only one finding it a little unfair that teams with 3 cars also get better drivers? Unless, of course, there is a money cap for each season and those with 3 cars will have to struggle with that more, but if not, what's the point to having less than 3 drivers/cars on a team?

I may have to add another driver to my entry...

There will be some sort of budget-cap system in place, which will be announced soon.

Ferrarist wrote:Can Paint.Net really open psd-files? If not, I'm probably not able to paint my Volvo

Yes, it can, I'll upload the.psd file plugin if you like.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Hermann Mann has two questions: 1) Are Douglas and Pippa related to him?
2) I take it Douglas wants to race with a Manx licence

You can enter more than one type of manufacturer.

Hermann Mann does not know if Pippa and Douglas Mann are related to him? Considering he seems very German when he speaks, and my Manns are Anglo-Manx, the answer would seem a very likely no. Unless they are 20th cousins 32 times removed or something...

And being from the Isle of Man does indeed make Douglas Manx. Hence why he would like a home race round the 37.73 mile Manx TT course!
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

dr-baker wrote:Hermann Mann does not know if Pippa and Douglas Mann are related to him? Considering he seems very German when he speaks, and my Manns are Anglo-Manx, the answer would seem a very likely no. Unless they are 20th cousins 32 times removed or something...

And being from the Isle of Man does indeed make Douglas Manx. Hence why he would like a home race round the 37.73 mile Manx TT course!

They might be cousins or something, he could be their long-lost German Uncle....... Anyway, Hermann realised that Douglas was indeed Manx, but he enquired as to whether he would like to rae with a Manx license or a British licence :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Autosport wrote:Kickert Motorsport Engineering to enter RTCC
Former F1 driver Pieter Kickert has announced plans to enter the new Rejects Touring Car Championship. The Dutchman has recently started racing in tin tops, and after competing part time in the British Touring Car Championship and appearing at the endurance rounds of the Australian Touring Car Championship last year, Kickert will run for his own team. Kickert has also secured the services of John Zimmer, who after testing for the failed Precision Motorsports team in F1 last year, wanted something to race. It is understood that the two drivers will both race in Vauxhall Vectras.

Car 1: Vauxhall Vectra (#16)
Driver: Pieter Kickert (NED)
Aggression: 95 (tends to defend his position aggressively, which never ends well.)
Bio: Former F1 driver, not really any good (based on my 700 attempts to finish his first bloody race...), drove for Tyrrell in 1994 and someone in 1995 (likely a backmarker). Raced in CART in 1996, switched to BTCC/ATCC in 1997.
Skills -

Car 2: Vauxhall Vectra (#31)
Driver: John Zimmer (AUS)
Aggression: 65 (fairly calm, probably partly responsible for his lack of F1 chances.)
Bio: Test driver for Forti in 1995/96 and Precision in 1997. When Precision bit the dust, he raced in the ATCC for his own team, finishing 7th in the championship. Finished 3rd at Bathurst (the ATCC one, not the crappy Super Tourers one).
Skills -

Liveries: I can't make them. If you can, can you please make Kickert's car bright orange, with a Dutch flag on the roof. His only sponsor is, well, Orange, although there is a very large Vauxhall logo on the rear end. Zimmer's car will be similar, except red, white and black and with an Australian flag. Obviously though, I can't have a Vauxhall logo, that's not the way I work. So, instead, his will have a Holden logo. Major sponsorship is from Repco.

As for the calendar, as long as there is a race in the Netherlands (Zandvoort) and Australia (Eastern Creek/Oran Park/Bathurst), then I'm happy.

TML, would you like both of your cars to be Holdens? I can rebadge the Vauxhalls (using a hammer, chisel, some Polyfilla and Gaffa Tape) so they are Holdens on the entry list
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Just noticed two #27s and #37s on the entry list.

Anyway,here is RMcG Motorsport's second entry,which is also a Honda Accord

Name:Rck Tyryn(Pronounced Rick Ti-rin)
Nationality:Welsh
Aggresion:70
Bio:Only person to get a podium in Welsh Touring Cars without having a vowel in his name.
Composure:3
Skill:2
Min.Skill:5

Also,Rory McGatley will take Car #2 while Tyryn will take car#02.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Team Ultimate would like to take the numbers, 97,98 and 99.
Message me on Discord.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Shadaza wrote:Team Ultimate would like to take the numbers, 97,98 and 99.

God DAMNIT, everyone keeps taking my numbers!!!!

Fine, John Cleland will take #8 then...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Oh, car numbers! Martin McFry needs to have 88. Ben Fleet would like 888 if 3 digits are allowed, otherwise anything will do. Same for D. Mann. Maybe 87 and 89?
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

dr-baker wrote:Oh, car numbers! Martin McFry needs to have 88. Ben Fleet would like 888 if 3 digits are allowed, otherwise anything will do. Same for D. Mann. Maybe 87 and 89?

3 digits are allowed, and Douglas can have 89
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I'll take 7,8 and 9, if they are free.
MIA SAN MIA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ferrarist wrote:I'll take 7,8 and 9, if they are free.

7 and 9 are free, 8 has already been taken
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

If possible, I'll take 25 and 26.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

tommykl wrote:If possible, I'll take 25 and 26.

Yep, that's possible
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Team Name:Taiwan Motorsport
Driver Name:Yuen-Ching Leung(Female,Taiwan)
Skills: Composure: 2 (£20,000), Speed:2 (£20,000), MinSkill: 1(£10,000)
Aggression: 99.9
The car are to be coloured blue and Red.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Right, that's 28 entries. There is room for another 4 entries.

The link for creating your liveries is now up, it's in the first post.

Could I please have the Race Numbers for Sweetcorn Motorsport and Prism Motorsports.

Calendar
Suggested Tracks so far:
Bathurst
Loch Rannoch
Zandvoort
Eastern Creek
Oran Park
Croft
Nordschleife
Brands Hatch Indy
Knockhill
Thruxton
Manx TT
Mondello
Pau
Donington
Birmingham Superprix
Lydden Hill
Goodwood

Fell free to suggest a calendar (Between 12-18 rounds please). For the races, do you think that each round should be a double-header, or one long(ish) race? (Excluding Manx TT and the Nordschleife or any other similar length track proposed)
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 06 May 2012, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Calendar
Suggested Tracks so far:
Bathurst
Loch Rannoch
Zandvoort
Eastern Creek
Oran Park
Croft
Nordschleife
Brands Hatch Indy
Knockhill
Thruxton
Manx TT
Mondello
Pau
Donington
Birmingham Superprix
Lydden Hill
Goodwood

Fell free to suggest a calendar (Between 12-18 rounds please). For the races, do you think that each round should be a double-header, or one long(ish) race?

Any race(s) at Nordschelife or Manx TT would have to be 1 long(ish) race. Otherwise, double-headers would be realistic and in-period.
MCard LOLA