F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series (Season finale on!)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ferrarist

F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series (Season finale on!)

Post by Ferrarist »

I guess this marks my comeback in the PMCMF...seemingly five minutes after I closed my former series. :lol:

But this time I try do a serious attempt. I'm gonna simulate an Indy-Style series with my newest favorite tool, Xkoranate. It's easy, quick and thus should prevent any longer delays. So now I introduce to you the...

F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series

Walther Williams is back, and richer than ever. In the first moment, he is bankrupt because of rather fishy loan businesses combined with the breakdown of his oil business, but in the next moment he is rich once again. Rumour has it that he owes his newly found wealth to a mysterious sports almanac in combination with a strange version of the DeLorean DMC-12. Now that he's rich again, he can make his dream of his own racing series come true. Some people insist that he already ran a series called the "Street Racing League". But no records could be found of such a series, thus these people must surely be dreaming...
The new series is actually an old series, as he bought the remnants of the old IndyCar Series, as well as the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Thus, the new series got the name "Indy Championship Series". The name stands for this very championship, while it also includes the centerpiece of this series, the Indy 500. The rest of the schedule has yet to be announced. However, the team managers of the new teams should and probably will have a say about the tracks on the ICS schedule.

How do I start an ICS-team

Every team gets 500.000 $ for each car-driver combination they want to enter. So for example a four-car entry would get 2.000.000 $. But you can only spend a maximum of 500.000 $ on each car+driver. Just buy an engine and a chassis, and invest the rest of your money into driver skills. In case you don't have enough money for a driver, a lot of pay-drivers are out there, aspiring to drive your car. Of course their skills may vary... But first, we go to the chassis and engines the ICS has to offer:

Chassis
- Reynard 15i - 250.000 $
- Lola B15/00 - 250.000 $
- Swift 026.c - 190.000 $
- Reynard 14i - 190.000 $
- Lola B14/00 - 190.000 $
- Lola B13/00 - 145.000 $
- Panoz DP09 - 145.000 $
- Reynard 13i - 130.000 $
- Swift 025.c - 130.000 $
- Panoz DP08 - 130.000 $
- Panoz DP07 - 100.000 $
- Swift 024.c - 70.000 $

Engines (All engines are V6 Turbos, except for the Aston Martin R6 Turbo)
- Honda - 250.000 $
- Chevrolet - 250.000 $
- Ford - 250.000 $
- Toyota - 185.000 $
- Cosworth - 185.000 $
- Judd - 130.000 $
- Infiniti - 100.000 $
- Aston Martin - 55.000 $

Driver Skills
One skill point costs 10.000 $. You can purchase not more than 30 Points, but how you distribute them is up to you. There are three areas which you can awards skills to: Acceleration, cornering and reliability. The driver skills will be then added with the respective acceleration, cornering and reliability skills of your engine-chassis combo, and then again halved (or divided into thirds in case of reliability). Here's an example:

Test Racing (500.000 $)
Chassis: A (100.000 $; Cornering: 5; Reliability: 9)
Engine: Z (200.000 $; Acceleration: 7; Reliability: 5)
Skills: 20 (200.000 $)

Driver: Gordy Robbon (Acceleration: 10; Cornering: 6; Reliability: 4)
The Gordy Robbon-Car-Combo: Acceleration: 8,5; Cornering: 5,5; Reliability: 6

So it works more or less like Jeroen's Big Car Championship. Only with money.

Schedule

This is where you come in. You can put together a wishlist about any real-life circuit, which you want to have on the ICS schedule. The only fixed race is the Indianapolis 500, somewhere in the middle of the schedule. The maximum size of the schedule is 22 tracks.

Yeah that's all and well, but how do I earn money?

You can earn prize money at every race. Here's the prize table for race wins:
A win at the Indy 500: 250.000 $
A win at any other 500-mile race: 200.000 $
A win at a 400-mile race: 175.000 $
A win at a 300-mile race: 150.000 $
A win at a road race: 125.000 $
A win at a 200-mile oval race: 100.000 $

Of course all other finishing drivers will earn some prize money, too.

Got any questions? Then ask. If not, enter your team into the F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series now!
Last edited by Ferrarist on 27 Dec 2012, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
Aerospeed

Re: F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series

Post by Aerospeed »

Just one thing, what is Xkoranate?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Just one thing, what is Xkoranate?

The same program Jeroen used to simulate his Big Car Championship. ;)

Seriously, it a tool where you can simulate many forms of sports, including auto racing. You can find it here: http://www.thirdgeek.com/ns/xkoranate/
It's a little bit tricky in the beginning, but once you get past it, it's actually a great tool.
MIA SAN MIA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

If its okay to enter now.....
Press Release Said

Hello and welcome to the Pole Star Racing Team press conference. The team have decided to enter the F1 Rejects Indy Championship. We will be entering a three car team of Swift 023.c chassis. All the cars will be powered by Chevrolet
Engines. Our driver line up consists of: Martin van der Maeyede, a 29 year old Dutchman from Amsterdam, Andrea Bianchi, a youthful 23 year old Italian, and Pastor Maldonado, a 27 year old Venezualan with F1 experience. I assure you he is NOT a pay driver. Pole Star Racing Team has not are delighted to announce that we have received sponsorship from Mastercard, PDVSA, Heineken and Coca-Cola. PSRT is confidet of being early front-runners in this promising championship

PSRT team boss Luke Knight
How hard can this be? As long as the drivers dont turn right or crash we should win this..... America here we come..... *Plays Born in the USA*

Pole Star Racing Team ($1500)
Chassis:Swift 023.c ($190) - 2 Cornering
Engine: Chevrolet ($250) 2 Reliability
Driver: Martin van der Maeyede(NED) - 2 Cornering

Chassis: Swift 023.c ($190)2 Cornering
Engine : Chevrolet ($250) 2 Reliability
Driver: Andrea Bianchi (ITA) 2 Acceleration

Chassis: Swift 023.c ($190)2 Cornering
Engine: Chevrolet ($250) 2 Reliability
Driver: Pastor Maldonado (VEN) 2 Acceleration

That leaves me with $0 :lol:

I think there should be races at Laguna Seca, Mid Ohio, Road America, Watkins Glen and Pocono
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 03 May 2012, 06:26, edited 5 times in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Autosport wrote:Midlands-based motorsport team to contest F1RICS

Autosport sources have confirmed that Moseley Shoals Racing, a south Birmingham based motorsport team, have announced their intention to contest the inaugral season of the F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series. Team principal Simon Craddock has this to say:

"We're really passionate about getting Birmingham on the motorsport map, which is why we have campaigned for another Birmingham Superprix for quite some time now. By competing in this new series 'across the pond', we can show off our West Midlands heritage. I have decided to field a two-car entry for the first season, and am currently negotiating with a range of drivers, some of whom have competed in top racing series around the world. A deal has been done with Reynard for two type 11i chassis, of which Cosworth V6 engines will be fitted in the back. I feel this will be a solid combination with the potential to surprise many. And finally, the team have secured a major sponsorship deal with Cadburys, who happen to be based in Birmingham. So, see you on the ovals of the US of A, where we'll be playing this song over and over again."

Moseley Shoals Racing
Chassis: Reynard 11i (Reliability = 6, Cornering = 6)
Engine: Cosworth (Acceleration = 7, Reliability = 5)
Driver 1: TBC
Driver 2: TBC
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Mastercard Lola joins F1RICS

Il Barone Rampante's junior squad has entered the new F1RICS under the Mastercard Lola banner, with an vast four car programme to boot. In the lead car is experienced CART racer Roberto Moreno in the #27, with another driver with previous Indy experience Vincenzo Sospiri in car #28. They are backed up by two junior racers, Argentine rookie Diego Mauricio Batistuta in car #29 and Italian pay-driver Salvatore Miccoli bringing sponsorship from Gruppo Doimo and La Gazzetta Dello Sport in car #13. IBR have confirmed they will use the Lola B11/00 chassis for the season, but have yet to finalise a deal with an engine supplier.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Campbell-Scrugham Racing would like to announce their All-American entry into the Indy Championship Series to show all these wussy teams how it's done. Our All-American team will feature All-American drivers, engines and chassis. We have successfully secured backing from Walmart and Chevron, and will be running Ed Weaver, an All-American boy from Goodhue, Minnesota, and Tony Scrugham III, the son of co-owner Tony Scrugham II, and definitely only in the team on All-American merit, not just because he's related to the boss.

Chassis - Swift 023.c - $190,000 X 2
Engine - Chevrolet - $250,000 X 2
Ed Weaver - 2 Acceleration 2 Cornering 2 Reliability - $60,000
Tony Scrugham III - 4 - Acceleration 1 Cornering 1 Reliability - $60,000

As an All-American team we want to have an All-American calendar, none of these wussy tracks with twists and turns, just ovals, ovals, ovals.

Indianapolis, Milwaukee Mile, Phoenix, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Kansas, Las Vegas, Texas World, Michigan, Auto Club, Texas Motor, Iowa, New Hampshire Motor, Homestead-Miami, Richmond International, Nashville, Pikes Peak, California Speedway, Nazareth, Gateway International, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Walt Disney World, Charlotte Motor, Dover International, these would all be acceptable All-American tracks.
Last edited by Backmarker on 02 May 2012, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Dreadnought to join Indy Championship Series

Dreadnought Racing, a medium-sized racing team based in Charlotte, North Carolina, has announced their plans to enter the F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series with three drivers. The drivers are: Hobson Tarantino (also in the Lotus Racing League), David Lee (in SuperAguri's series) and Veronika Asimov (a distant cousin of the great sci-fi writer). The team has had minor successes in other motorsport categories and is ready to enter the series with backing from Lola and Cosworth.

Team: Dreadnought Racing
Chassis: Tarantino will be running Lola B11/00 and the other two will get Lola B10s.
Engine: All three will be have Cosworths

Should leave $465,000, if I'm not mistaken.

Driver 1: Hobson Tarantino (USA) Acc: 5 Cor: 2 Rel: 5
Driver 2: David Lee (KOR) Acc: 5 Cor: 5 Rel: 5
Driver 3: Veronika Asimov (RUS) Acc: 7 Cor:4 Rel: 5

As for the calendar, Dreadnought would like to have a balanced calendar with an equal amount of road and oval courses. Specifically, we would like to see Lime Rock Park, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Infineon, Pocono, Nazareth, Road America, Lausitzring, Phoenix and Richmond on the calendar.

Will this series be in real-time (as in 2015) or in some other time? Just to keep the wiki straightened out. Also, do I have to buy an individual engine and chassis for each driver or is it all lumped together?

Should be fixed. We apologize for the convenience.
Last edited by tristan1117 on 06 May 2012, 00:37, edited 5 times in total.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Bild wrote:Volks.Racing to conquer Indy Championship

As part of our Volks. brand, we have decided to purchase an entry in the American racing scene to show them who really is the "nation of cars". Our effort has managed to sign former DTM drivers Ralf Schumacherand Johannes Seidlitz along with the new German karting sensation, 17 years old Kenan Ardaoglu.

Volks.Racing (1.500.000 $)
#54 - Ralf Schumacher
Chassis: Lola B10/00 - 145.000 $
Engine: Infiniti - 100.000 $
Skills: Accerlation 5 ; Cornering 11 ; Reliability 9

#74 - Johannes Seidlitz
Engine: Honda - 250.000 $
Skills: Accerlation 3 ; Cornering 2 ; Reliability 2

#90 - Kenan Ardaoglu
Engine: Toyota - 185.000 $
Skills: Accerlation 5 ; Cornering 5 ; Reliability 7

Money remaining: 40.000 $

Also, some track proposals:
Oxford Plains Speedway
Motorsport Arena Oscherleben (B Circuit)
Denver Street Circuit

One of every kind, that should do it from me.

Edit: Fixed all errors, and decided to follow suit in the mix of fictional and real drivers.
Last edited by Klon on 02 May 2012, 23:50, edited 2 times in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:
Bild wrote:Volks.Racing to conquer Indy Championship

As part of our Volks. brand, we have decided to purchase an entry in the American racing scene to show them who really is the "nation of cars". Our effort has managed to sign former DTM drivers Ralf Schumacher, Johannes Seidlitz and Christian Abt.

Volks.Racing (1.500.000 $)
#54 - Ralf Schumacher
Chassis: Lola B12/00 - 250.000 $
Engine: Judd - 130.000 $
Skills: Accerlation 5 ; Cornering 15 ; Reliability 10

#74 - Johannes Seidlitz
Skills: Accerlation 3 ; Cornering 1 ; Reliability 2

#90 - Christian Abt
Skills: Accerlation 6 ; Cornering 6 ; Reliability 6

That leaves me, if my math is correct, with 30.000 $ reserves, right?

Also, some track proposals:
Oxford Plains Speedway
Motorsport Arena Oscherleben (B Circuit)
Denver Street Circuit

One of every kind, that should do it from me.

Nope...Ralf is too highly skilled, the chassis-engine combo costs $380K, meaning you have $120K left over to spend on skills, i.e. 12 skills to distribute. You've given Ralf 30!

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

kostas22 wrote:Nope...Ralf is too highly skilled, the chassis-engine combo costs $380K, meaning you have $120K left over to spend on skills, i.e. 12 skills to distribute. You've given Ralf 30!

I knew I've forgotten something, that 500,000 $ limit was it. Thanks. ;)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cassidy Racing announces entry
Cassidy Racing, owned by American racing legend Brendon Cassidy, will be entering the Indy Championship Series. The team will hope that their deal to run with factory backing from Panoz and Toyota will pay dividends. Driving the cars will be two of Cassidy's children, Brendon Jr, and Ashley. In the third car is the very quick but crash-prone Canadian rookie, Ryan McReynolds. In addition to being plastered with Toyota sponsorship, Brendon Cassidy Jr's car sports sponsorship from Exide batteries, Ashley's car is sponsored by Pepsi, and Ryan's car with Quaker State sponsorship.

Team: Cassidy Racing
Chassis: Panoz DP06 ($145k)
Engine: Toyota ($185k)

Driver 1: Brendon Cassidy Jr (USA) A:4, C:7, R:6 ($170k) #64
Driver 2: Ashley Cassidy (USA) A:6, C:8, R:3 ($170k) #50
Driver 3: Ryan McReynolds (CAN) A:9, C:8, R:0 ($170k) #65

Cassidy Racing would like to see a balanced calendar. Preferred circuits include Michigan, Milwaukee, Long Beach, Pocono, Road America, Montreal, Rockingham(GB), Lausitzring, Toronto, and Vancouver. Toyota would also be very pleased if Fuji Speedway was given a spot on the calendar.
Last edited by Salamander on 03 May 2012, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor International will announce soon their entry to the F1RICS and who will be at the helm of the project
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Provisional F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series entry list

Good Call Racing
Chassis: Swift 026.c (2x); Lola B15/00 (1x); Reynard 15i (1x)
Engine: Chevrolet
Drivers: Pastor Maldonado (VEN); Martin van der Maeyede (NED); Andrea Bianchi (ITA); Gordon Martin (USA)*
Credit: 2.137.614 $

Moseley Shoals Racing
Chassis: Reynard 14i
Engine: Cosworth
Drivers: Damon Cannon (GBR); Jerome D'Ambrosio (BEL)
Credit: 1.532.856 $

Mastercard Lola
Chassis: Lola B15/00
Engine: Honda
Drivers: Roberto Moreno (BRA); Vincenzo Sospiri (ITA); Diego Mauricio Batistuta (ARG); Salvatore Miccoli (ITA)
Credit: 3.684.358 $

Campbell-Scrugham Racing
Chassis: Swift 026.c
Engine: Chevrolet
Drivers: Ed Weaver (USA); Tony Scrugham III. (USA)
Credit: 1.017.386 $

Dreadnought Racing
Chassis: Lola B14/00 (1x); Lola B13/00 (1x); Lola B15/00 (1x)
Engine: Cosworth
Drivers: Hobson Tarantino (USA); David Lee (KOR); Veronika Asimov (RUS)
Credit: 1.753.360 $

Volks.Racing
Chassis: Lola B13/00
Engine: Infiniti (1x); Honda (1x); Toyota (1x)
Drivers: Ralf Schumacher (GER); Johannes Seidlitz (GER); Kenan Ardaoglu (GER)
Credit: 2.711.822 $

Cassidy Racing
Engine: Toyota
Drivers: Brendon Cassidy Jr. (USA); Ashley Cassidy (USA); Ryan McReynolds (CAN)
Credit: 2.483.224 $

Euromotor International
Chassis: Reynard 13i(1x); Reynard 15i(1x)
Engine: Judd
Drivers: Bertrand Gachot (BEL); Beth Lestrade (GBR)
Credit: 978.120 $

McDoggle Racing Team
Engine: Cosworth (2x); Ford (2x)
Drivers: Dean O'Lauchlan (AUS); Vidal Reyna-Sanchez (USA); Antonio Reyna-Sanchez (USA); Joao Cavalcanti (BRA)
Credit: 1.350.585 $

Mecha Grand Prix
Drivers: Dave Anderson (USA); Harold Watson (USA)
Credit: 1.867.690 $

Pan-Asia Rally Team Indycar Division
Chassis: Panoz DP09 (1x); Panoz DP08 (1x)
Engine: Ford (1x); Cosworth (1x)
Drivers: Ryota Wong (JPN); Rio Haryanto (IND)
Credit: 1.071.420 $

ZimSport (part-time entry)
Engine: Holden (Rebadged Cosworth engine)
Driver: John Zimmer (AUS)
Credit: 264.470 $

Rockstar Engineering
Chassis: Reynard 15i
Drivers: Claude Speed (USA) (injured until the end of the season); Lance Vance (USA); Rusty Gannit (USA)
Credit: 1.622.142 $

Hydook Grand Prix
Chassis: Reynard 15i
Engine: Infiniti
Drivers: Goran Jordanovic (HR); Andries van Heel (NED)
Credit: 1.084.574 $

Yagami Racing
Engine: Toyota
Driver: Mika Yagami (JPN)
Credit: 387.700 $

Williams-AMR
Engine: Aston Martin
Drivers: O.N. Duck III. (USA); John Bean (UK)
Credit: 81.210 $

Bobby Dollar Racing
Chassis: Reynard 13i (1x); Lola B15/00 (1x)
Engine: Honda (1x); Cosworth (1x)
Drivers: Bobby Dollar (USA); Johannes das Schaf (GER)*
Credit: 513.218 $

Onyx Moneytron Infiniti
Chassis: Reynard 13i
Engine: Infiniti
Driver: Clint Hillman (CAN)
Credit: 34.000 $

*Paydriver

I've seen that some of you have assigned skill points to your chassis or your engine, which you don't have to do. All your skills points have to go to the driver.

tristan1117 wrote:
Will this series be in real-time (as in 2015) or in some other time? Just to keep the wiki straightened out. Also, do I have to buy an individual engine and chassis for each driver or is it all lumped together?

The series will be in 2015, as it's more or less the sequel to the SRL. And yes, you have to buy an individual package for each driver. Any Driver-Car-Combination must not exceed 500.000 $. You can't save money on one guy, so you can spend it for the other guy.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 14 Jan 2013, 16:50, edited 51 times in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

McDoggle Racing Team

Car 73
Lola B10/00 - Cosworth
Dean O'Lauchlan (Acceleration: 8, Cornering: 4, Reliability: 5)
Total: $500 000

Car 74
Lola B10/00 - Cosworth
Vidal Reyna-Sanchez (Acceleration: 7, Cornering: 5, Reliability: 5)
Total: $500 000

Car 37
Lola B11/00 - Cosworth
Antonio Reyna-Sanchez (Acceleration: 5, Cornering: 4, Reliability: 3)
Total: $495 000

Car 47
Lola B11/00 - Cosworth
Joao Cavalcanti (Acceleration: 5, Cornering: 5, Reliability: 2)
Total: $495 000

Better give the McStooges something to do in their spare time :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ferrarist: SRL was set in 2012, so I consider this as a sucessor of F1RBCC. ;)

Mecha Grand Prix (yes, the very same team from F1RWRS and F1RBCC) will enter the following:

Dave Anderson (USA) - car 41
Lola B11/00: $190.000
Honda engine: $250.000
Driver skill: C3/A4/R3
Total: $480.000 (car only)

Harold Watson (USA) - car 42
Lola B10/00: $145.000
Driver skill: C3/A4/R3
Total: $425.000 (car only)

:)
Last edited by FMecha on 03 May 2012, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Pan-Asia Rally Team Indycar Division-($1.000,000)

Chassis-Panoz DP05-$130,000
Engine-Ford-$250,000
Driver-Ryota Wong(JPN)(Cornering-4,Acceleration-6,Reliability-1)

Chassis-Panoz DP06-$145,000
Engine-Cosworth-$185,000
Driver-Rio Haryanto(IND)(Cornering-6,Acceleration-6,Reliability-3)

$30,000 left to spare by my reckoning.

Pan-Asia Rally Team IndyCar Division team manager Dimitri Aya states his intentions to put Johor,Sentul,Zhuhai or Suzuka on the IndyCar calendar.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

@tristan1117: On further notice, I discovered that you've overspend on driver skills. I'm afraid you'll have to assign them again. ;)
@FMecha: You also have to assign the driver skills.

Here's the list with all suggestions so far:
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Road America
Watkins Glen
Pocono
Milwaukee Mile
Phoenix
Chicagoland
Kentucky
Kansas
Las Vegas
Texas World
Michigan
Auto Club
Texas Motor
Iowa
New Hampshire Motor
Homestead-Miami
Richmond International
Nashville
Pikes Peak
Nazareth
Gateway International
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Walt Disney World
Charlotte Motor
Dover International
Lime Rock Park
Infineon Raceway
Lausitzring
Oxford Plains Speedway
Oschersleben (B-Circuit)
Denver Street Circuit
Montreal
Rockingham (GB)
Toronto
Vancouver
Fuji Speedway
Johor
Sentul
Zhuhai
Suzuka
Long Beach
Surfers Paradise
Calder Park Thunderdome
Sepang
Portland
Akrotiri Bay
Talladega
Bristol
Motegi
Yas Marina
Interlagos

Since Indianpolis is already set, and the maximum schedule is only 22 races (so far...), we'll have to kick out more than half of your suggestions. I don't want to influence you too much in that matter, but I'd like to see a grand slam of 500-miles races (Indy, Pocono, Michigan, Fontana), with a fifth 500-mile-race at the Lausitzring. But I don't to have an all-oval schedule, and I'd prefer a 50/50-mix. And now to the news:

Speed.com wrote:Lola and Reynard upset over lack of demand for their new Indy racers.

Normally Lola and Reynard should be happy, since many of their cars have already been entered for the 2012 Indy Championship Series. But these aren't new 2012 cars, but used year-old models. So far, Lola and Reynard have sold NONE of their new cars. Their competitors Swift and Panoz have already sold a couple of new models, which may be due to their lower prices. After all, a new Lola or Reynard chassis costs 250.000 $, engine excluded. But both manufacturers haven't thought about sinking their prices so far, thus they'll have to wait until someone finally buys their new chassis.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 03 May 2012, 17:04, edited 2 times in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:Ferrarist: SRL was set in 2012, so I consider this as a sucessor of F1RBCC. ;)

Mecha Grand Prix (yes, the very same team from F1RWRS and F1RBCC) will enter the following:

Dave Anderson (USA) - car 27
Lola B11/00: $190.000
Driver skill: $40.000
Total: $480.000

Harold Watson (USA) - car 28
Lola B10/00: $145.000
Driver skill: $30.000
Total: $425.000

:)

You will have to change numbers. I called dibs on #27, #28 and #29 earlier in the thread. And #13 for Miccoli, too.

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

ZimSport will enter a part time schedule, with 2004/5 (I can't remember which year I made it on the wiki :roll: ) IndyCar champion John Zimmer returning, despite being well into his forties. His schedule will be announced when the calendar is, although he intends to compete at Indy.

ZimSport - #31
Chassis: Lola B10/00 ($145,000)
Engine: Cosworth ($185,000) - Can this be rebadged as a Holden?
Driver: John Zimmer (Acceleration: 6, Cornering: 7, Reliability: 4) ($170,000)
Should equal $500,000 if my maths is right (and knowing me, probably isn't :lol: )

As for the calendar, here's my suggestion:

Surfers Paradise*
Calder Park Thunderdome*
Sepang
Fuji
Laguna Seca*
Portland
Gateway
Nashville
Indianapolis*
Lausitz
Rockingham (GB)
Akrotiri Bay (Hey, if it's xkoranate, we can do this!)*
Montreal*
Vancouver
New Hampshire
Talladega*
Road America*
Bristol
Motegi*
Suzuka*
Yas Marina*
Interlagos*

*Tracks Zimmer would likely race at.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Volks.Racing proposed the following 22 race calendar (order not specified):

Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Pocono
Phoenix
Chicagoland
Kansas
Las Vegas
Michigan
Texas Motor
Iowa
Nashville
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Walt Disney World
Infineon Raceway
Lausitzring
Oxford Plains Speedway
Oschersleben (B-Circuit)
Denver Street Circuit
Montreal
Vancouver
Suzuka
Akitori Bay
Last edited by Klon on 03 May 2012, 12:51, edited 2 times in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ferrarist wrote:Here's the list with all suggestions so far:...

I think you're missing Long Beach.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Il Barone Rampante has decided to sign up with Honda for its F1RICS engine supply. Driver skills to be announced soon.

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Pan-Asia Rally Team IndyCar Division Schedule proposal(Not In Order,500 mile race proposals noted)

Kansas
Watkins Glen
Pocono-500 miles
Milwaukee Mile
Kentucky
Indy
Michigan
Auto Club -500 miles
Texas Motor
Iowa
New Hampshire Motor
Homestead-Miami-500 miles
Richmond International
Dover International
Infineon Raceway
Lausitzring
Montreal
Vancouver
Fuji Speedway
Johor
Zhuhai
Long Beach
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Since Aeroracing Engineering would look a bit out of place here, I feel, I present to you... ROCKSTAR ENGINEERING

Number of cars entered - 2
Chassis - Reynard 11i
Engine - Honda

Driver 1 - Claude Speed
Driver 2 - Lance Vance

Skills - 6 for both drivers (split 2 apiece)

Sponsors - Rockstar Energy Drink, Rockstar Games, Mobil 1, Firestone
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Autosport wrote:]Moseley Shoals announce drivers
Moseley Shoals Racing, the Birmingham-based motorsport team entering the F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series this year, has announced it's drivers for the season. Former F1RWRS driver Damon Cannon has been signed as lead driver. Partnering him will be Jerome D'Ambrosio, formerly of Virgin F1. The signing of D'Ambrosio means that in addition to Cadburys sponsorship, Ambrosia Custard will also be present on the car.

Moseley Shoals Racing
Chassis: Reynard 11i
Engine: Cosworth V6
Driver 1: Damon Cannon (Acceleration: 5, Cornering: 4, Reliability: 5)
Driver 2: Jerome D'Ambrosio (Acceleration: 3, Cornering: 3, Reliability: 5)

For the wiki: Damon Cannon is a time-traveller. One incarnation of him competed in the F1CC between 1997 and 1999. Another incarnation is currently competing in the F1GP2C in 1995, and this incarnation competed in the F1RWRS between 2012 and 2013, with a one-off appearance in the REECCS. Hope that makes sense :P :lol:
Last edited by Londoner on 03 May 2012, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pole Star Racing Team announces further plans for F1RICS
Pole Star Racing Team have decided to enter a fourth car at selected events for up and coming drivers. The car will be the same Swift 023.c chassis powered by the same Chevrolet engine as our main drivers. Further details will be released soon. PSRT would also like to use the numbers 0 for van der Maeyede, 4 for Bianchi, 16 for Maldonado, and 55 for our fourth car. We also ask the series stewards if our planned move is permitted, and to consider races at Sebring, Indy Road Course, Fontana, Auto Club, Texas Speedway, and Edmonton
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Publikkrappen Avis wrote:Hydook enters F1RICS
We are pleased to announce that Hydook Grand Prix have been allocated an entry for the 2012 season of F1 Rejects Indy Championship Series.

Hydook Grand Prix Team Principal Anton Bosevic commented: “We are very excited to be part of F1RICS and I would like to thank the organisers for giving us this entry. This Series is the most prestigious and competitive category after F1. I am proud that we have reached such an important agreement with the Croatian sponsors. With their help, we have been able to enter the prestigious Indy Championship Series. We know this will be a big challenge but we are ready for it and cannot wait to get started.”

Hydook Grand Prix
#52 - Image Goran Jordanovic
Reynard 12i - Infiniti
CORNERING - 4
ACCELERATION - 4
RELIABILITY - 4

#54 - Image Andries van Heel
Reynard 12i - Infiniti
CORNERING - 5
ACCELERATION - 4
RELIABILITY - 5
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

@ East Londoner: I'm afraid you'll have to assign the skills again, because I mistakingly gave you higher credit than you should have normally had. Sorry about that!
@ Everybody: Please check if I calculated your credits right.
MIA SAN MIA!
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

My Entry
#99-Yagami Racing(JPN)
Chassis: Lola B10/00 ($145,000)
Engine:Toyota - 185.000 $
Driver:Mika Yagami(Female,JPN)(Acc:2 Cor:3 Rel: 5)-100.000$
Should equal:495.000$?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Ferrarist wrote:@ East Londoner: I'm afraid you'll have to assign the skills again, because I mistakingly gave you higher credit than you should have normally had. Sorry about that!

Edited my post. Hopefully it's correct.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

East Londoner wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:@ East Londoner: I'm afraid you'll have to assign the skills again, because I mistakingly gave you higher credit than you should have normally had. Sorry about that!

Edited my post. Hopefully it's correct.

Not quite. You're 10.000 $ over the spending limit for Damon Cannon, you have to remove one skill point from him. In terms of Jerome d'Ambrosio however, I don't see anything wrong.

With 33 cars entered, I think I can start to create a schedule. Or rather, you can! Wafflecat, Klon and the Masked Lapwing have shown how to do it. You don't have to put together you're favorite schedule, but if you do, you may get some of the races you wanted. The full list of suggestions can be found a couple of posts above.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 03 May 2012, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Right, remove one reliability point from Damon Cannon, then we should be good to go.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor announces their entries to the F1RICS.

Car No 44
Car: Reynard 10i
Driver: Bertrand Gachot (BEL)
Skills: Cornering (5), Acceleration (4), Reliability (6)

Car No 69
Car: Reynard 10i
Driver: Beth Lestrade (GBR)
Skills: Cornering: (4), Acceleration (5), Reliability (7)
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Ferrarist wrote:With 33 cars entered, I think I can start to create a schedule. Or rather, you can! Wafflecat, Klon and the Masked Lapwing have shown how to do it. You don't have to put together you're favorite schedule, but if you do, you may get some of the races you wanted. The full list of suggestions can be found a couple of posts above.

Is there a limit to the number of cars per race?
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pole Star Racing Team skill points:

Martin van der Maeyede: 4 cornering, 2 reliability
Andrea Bianchi: 2 acceleration, 4 reliability
Pastor Maldonado: 3 acceleration, 3 cornering

Is the rule about skills driver specific or car specific? Say fir instance driver A raced at race Y, then driver B raced at race Z,, would either: the skills from driver A be carried over to driver B,the skills from driver A wiped and given money back for driver B, or the skills from drier A wiped with no money for back for driver B?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Backmarker wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:With 33 cars entered, I think I can start to create a schedule. Or rather, you can! Wafflecat, Klon and the Masked Lapwing have shown how to do it. You don't have to put together you're favorite schedule, but if you do, you may get some of the races you wanted. The full list of suggestions can be found a couple of posts above.

This is something I was bearing in mind. I was considering an entry, but if races will only involve 20-25 cars for example, I think it would be best if I sat this one out. I'm not too fussed either way. :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Backmarker wrote:

I'm thinking about a 28-30 cars limit for ovals under one mile. On ovals over one mile there won't be any limit, except for the traditional 33-car-grid at Indy.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 03 May 2012, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ferrarist wrote:
I'm thinking about a 28-30 cars limit for ovals until the one mile length. On ovals over one mile there won't be any limit, except for the tradition 33-car-grid at Indy.

How about a 28 or 30 car limit for road courses. Also, will there be an official testing session before the season gets started? And will there be prequalifying?
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:
I'm thinking about a 28-30 cars limit for ovals until the one mile length. On ovals over one mile there won't be any limit, except for the tradition 33-car-grid at Indy.

How about a 28 or 30 car limit for road courses. Also, will there be an official testing session before the season gets started? And will there be prequalifying?

There won't be limits on road courses. There also won't be a prequalifying session. But at races with grid limits, there will a bump day, just like in Indy.
MIA SAN MIA!