The TM Master Cup Series thread (NR2003)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Cynon

The TM Master Cup Series thread (NR2003)

Post by Cynon »

After realizing that more than just me would be interested in this series here, I decided to make a thread for it.

This series spawned after I decided that real-world NASCAR could be better, and then went around at planning what would make it perfect yet somewhat-feasible. I've been doing it since 2007, but it's 'existed' since the 1950s. It, along with its feeder categories have their own wiki. Not just American drivers participate -- a fair number of European, Japanese, and Australian drivers have taken part. The series is divided 50-50 between ovals and road courses, and of the ovals, a majority of them are short ovals.

The series is run with NASCAR Racing 2003 Season using the ASA1990 mod because I think the cars look better than the current NASCAR cars. I use entirely fictional manufacturers and mostly fictional sponsors as well in place of real-world marques. There's a simple reason for that; I like to make stuff up because it's more fun.

When I design a livery, I don't think of the sponsor, I think of what colors I want, and if I can't think of a sponsor that goes with the livery, I make one up (like the Launch Energy, Haas Manufacturing and Lynxe paintjobs). Sometimes I blatantly replace a real company with the name of a fictional one, because then I can have a bit more fun with designing the car/livery. For example, Inglesby is Ford, and Saar is Chevrolet.

The series does not require a lot of crashing in order to have drama, but sometimes drivers turn Brian Vickers/Jason Plato mode on, and avoidable collisions result in either time penalties, points penalties, or both.

Series history located here, if you're interested in that.

36 cars start every TM Master Cup Series race except the Karjala Grand Prix, the Round of Indianapolis (at the Brickyard) and the Round of Decatur (at the Decatur Raceway, a fictional track set in the middle of southern Illinois), which start 42 cars and allow for one-off entries.

32 of those 36 cars are the series regulars, the other four are Independent's Trophy cars, who only run four races each and compete for their own championship (but are still eligible for championship points). In regard to the 32 full-time cars, it's a bit like Formula 1, all of them make their own cars and there are two cars per team (but they're not required to have the same livery). For the three crown events (Karjala, Indy, and Decatur), the full-time teams are allowed to enter a third car, usually driven by their respected reserve drivers.

The team chart can be viewed here.

Points system (as of 2011) is as follows;

1st: 60
2nd: 50
3rd: 45
4th: 40
5th: 35
6th: 30
7th: 28
8th: 26
9th: 24
10th: 22
11th: 18
12th: 16
13th: 14
14th: 12
15th: 10
16th: 8
17th: 6
18th: 4
19th: 2
20th: 1

Pole: 5 points.
Lead the most laps: 5 points.

Commentary for all races is provided on YouTube by me, with the pre-race done in a somewhat questionable David-Hobbs-accent and actual race commentary with my normal somewhat-nasal Chicago accent.

The 2011 campaign can be viewed here.

The 2012 campaign so far, complete with all of the important pre-race storylines before the actual race starts:
Race 1: Las Vegas (not the NASCAR track)
Race 2: Georgia (@ Road Atlanta!)
Race 3: Carbondale (fictional track, imagine Pocono with uber-short straights)
Race 4: England (@ Brands Hatch)
Race 5: France (Fictional Road Course)
Race 6: Sweden (Ditto)
Race 7: Karjala Grand Prix
Race 8: Russia (Fictional airport track)
Race 9: Wales (Fictional Road Course)
Race 10: Michigan (Fictional track that's a clone of Mesa Marin)
Race 11: Quebec, Canada (Fictional track because Montreal sucks in NR2003)
Race 12: Ohio (Fictional quarter mile oval)
Race 13: Quincy (Fictional high banked short oval)
Race 14: Wisconsin (@ Road America)
Race 15: Indianapolis (@ the Brickyard)
Race 16: Victoria, Australia (Calder Park Thunderdome)
Race 17: Queensland, Australia (Wait and see)
Race 18: Brazil (Fictional 1 mile oval with really quick speeds)
Race 19: British Columbia, Canada (Fictional 4 mile road course)
Race 20: Decatur (Fictional 3 mile road course... very fast!)

Results in HTML Form
Points Standings After 4 of 20 races

While signups aren't exactly open to run the whole season, the major event of the season, the Karjala Grand Prix, in Finland, is coming up. Most of the drivers in the series are either mine or belong to users at EFR (a forum I operate only because the founder of the EFR site has MS and can't be around as much). A few of them (Zelda Ashby, Yamino Tenchi, Louis Kingston) belong to my friends, with my girlfriend's entry being a Pikachu-mobile.

Since this is F1 Rejects, I would imagine there will be a lot of Tutino fans here. Tutino's car numbers (42 and 50) pay homage to EuroMotorsport, that legendary fail of a CART team. They have two pay drivers and their cars are a mess of decals, and they're generally slow as hell, but despite that, they have some points at the moment.

There is also the Katzev Engineering team, which was failtastic in its first two seasons but is back with former Karjala winner Yuliya Nosova and last year's Daytona winner Jose Luis Martinez of Mexico. Nosova is easily the star of that team, and she is threatening to be a possible championship spoiler because Katzev has gone from crap to good in one season, seemingly...
Last edited by Cynon on 26 Apr 2012, 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RealRacingRoots

Re: The TM Master Cup Series thread (NR2003)

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Cynon wrote:with my girlfriend's entry being a Pikachu-mobile.

I enjoy the pokeballs painted on the wheels. :D

Go Gessler!
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Race 4 was just posted. Rain in qualifying (read: I edited the track.ini to simulate rain for qualifying) left a pretty shuffled grid.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I feel that I need to announce that Marcos Leonard is awesome.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

eurobrun wrote:I feel that I need to announce that Marcos Leonard is awesome.

That's another one of my non-racing-forum friends' entries. :lol:

RonDenisDeletraz

Cynon wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I feel that I need to announce that Marcos Leonard is awesome.

That's another one of my non-racing-forum friends' entries. :lol:

I know :lol:

I am actually registered at EFR just in case you were wondering.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

When the backround music is the same theme used in Robot Wars you know your in for a chaotic race.
Message me on Discord.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I've been secretly been watching this for a few months now. Any way to put in an entry?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

JeremyMcClean wrote:I've been secretly been watching this for a few months now. Any way to put in an entry?

In 2009 I kind of put a stop to open entries because otherwise, I kid you not, I'd have 100+ cars attempting each race, and going through all the qualifying sessions for every race is something I don't have time for anymore. :(

However, for the three big races you can put in an entry, I just haven't put the entry form up yet. :D

News Items leaving Brands Hatch: (I had a few hours to kill and I wasn't feeling well enough to do the commentary properly)

Kekkonen Wins Round of England

A chaos-filled Round of England was won by Finland's Arto Kekkonen in a fine drive, leading all but four laps. Kekkonen's championship ambitions were assisted when cheif rivals Adrien Devereux and Luciano Soveral dropped out of the race and failed to score points.

"The Carl Richter Gessler was unbelievable... we were very fast today." Kekkonen said.
"The team was good in the pits, and it felt good to be out front. Some of the backmarkers were a little annoying but I didn't have too many problems."

Kekkonen took some time to hit out at the detractors to the rival Hodges-Walter Racing.

"They have a good team, good drivers and a good car... I don't see what's wrong with one team being better than everyone else... we won by the biggest gap this year."

Kekkonen drives for Gessler, another big manufacturer team, however Gessler's TM Master Cup Series car is in the same spirit as Calton-Morel's Altair. Even though it appears similar to some of Gessler's road cars, the MTW-12 has no road car equivelant.

Of all the manufacturer teams in the TM Master Cup Series, only Hodges-Walter (CM), Gessler, Volpi, Nemoto, and Power Steering Incorporated (Tonare) have not protested the CM Altair. Of those five, only Nemoto is running a car that can be purchased at a dealership. Bolden is also represented in the series through engine deals with Katzev and James Dalton, but both teams are technically privateer outfits.

Devereux Furious with Johaanes After Brands Hatch Collision

Adrien Devereux and Chris Johaanes battled hard for the championship in 2011, with the latter losing out by a single point. The rivalry between the two flared up at times, in particular at Road America, where they made contact late in the race, and both men have made their mutual enmity public.

On lap 22 of the Round of England, that rivalry flared up, after the pair made contact again, sending both into a tire wall and out of the race from what was sure to be podium results. Devereux ran a little wide coming out of Druids Bend in order to give Johaanes racing room when the American hooked Devereux's right rear and never lifted off the throttle. The resulting crash prompted a shouting match between the two, and an invitation from both to the Steward's Office. It was the continuation of an already overly-eventful weekend for Devereux, who believed that the contact was intentional.

Johaanes had made several unsuccessful attempts to pass Devereux in the same place, and there were complaints from Mitchell & Sons Racing that Devereux had been blocking Johaanes. The stewards refuted the team's argument.

Devereux had no doubts in his mind that the contact was intentional.

"[Chris Johaanes] knows what he did. Going out to intentionally crash into people like that is not the essence of racing." Devereux said after the race.
"You're not allowed to drive like that in the TM Master Cup series, you're not allowed to crash into other cars. We are supposed to be professionals out here, that was just ridiculous."

Any announcement of penalties will be coming in the following week.

Roderick Disappointed with Brands Hatch Exit

The collision-filled Round of England may have stirred up controversy left and right, but the incident between Leonid Roderick and Mathias Taube left few long-term hard feelings. Roderick was on an out lap before he was hit from behind by the Swede and sent into the tire wall and out of the race.

"Mathias hadn't pitted yet and he was on a really fast in-lap, I had just pitted..., you know, cold tires, full fuel load, so I was going to be a lot slower than he was." Roderick said after Taube ran him off the track.
"He doesn't make many mistakes but when he does they're pretty boneheaded. Nobody's perfect, but there's a difference between just making a mistake and driving way over your head. I'll talk to him later in the week and straighten things out with him, he's pretty good about doing that.

Taube, to his credit, assumed full responsibility for the collision with Roderick.

"I came on him really fast and the radio said he was for position. I saw him going slower and I needed to make up time so I made a very aggressive move and I made a big mistake. I feel bad for his team and for mine because of what happened... I just can't wait until next week." Taube said.
"At least Arto [Kekkonen] had a good day and ended up winning, I just hope I could have gotten more points to make a run at the title."

Henton, Sykes Were Top Performers -- Andrews

Former TM Master Cup Series driver and current Channel 44 color commentator Lance Andrews identified Englishwoman Divina Henton and Welshman Michael Sykes's performances as the best showings of the 2012 Round of England.

"Divina Henton and Michael Sykes were awesome. Both of them ran into trouble early but used their raw speed to make up for a huge deficit." Andrews said.

Henton had a troubled day, she was on a different pit strategy due to being run off the track and hitting one of the tire barriers early in the event, and at one stage of the race fell off the lead lap. But after rallying to a top-10 result, Henton has shown herself to be a capable replacement for Alexis Rainsford, the former two-time Master Cup champion who abruptly departed for Champ Car in the middle of last season.

Sykes made his debut here two years ago, but the Welshman mastered the art of the 'drive from behind', making up time in the pits and on the track to earn a 6th place, albeit almost a minute behind eventual winner Arto Kekkonen.

Keyes: TM Master Cup Series Cannot Ignore Manufacturers

Team Saar USA owner Peter Keyes was quick to blast the decision by the TM Master Cup Series to allow the Altair to race in the Round of England, and decried Gessler's use of a car not available at Gessler dealerships.

"The officials must stop catering to Omecha and the private cars. No other racing body would allow the Altair to race." Keyes said.
"They created this situation by banning customer cars, and if they keep ignoring the manufacturers and road relevant technology, then manufacturers will begin to leave because there won't be any incentive. Manufacturers make up the backbone of the sport, they have always been there and provide the best opportunity for drivers and engineers. The ASCC has a manufacturer's championship, and ARLA has done the right thing as well and stamped most of those private cars out. They're not bringing the fans in like Saar, Lenard and Inglesby do.

Keyes's comments were echoed by Adam Samson of FLASH Racing, who indicated that the lack of customer cars was not beneficial for Inglesby.

"We'd really like to give out customer cars, because that's more Inglesby Sonicbooms out there, and more advertising for Inglesby therefore." Samson said.
"The rules are what they are, the only thing we share with the Juneau guys is the engine, everyone's allowed to do that. But we'd like to have more Inglesby cars on track, preferably customer teams or Independent's Trophy cars."

Keyes followed up his statements by hinting that manufacturer teams could band together to force the hand of the rules to ban privateer cars.

"Terry Schoffner knows well enough that the manufacturer teams won't let this happen... every single manufacturer that is following the spirit of the rules except for Nemoto is adamant on changing the rules for the better. I've talked to some of the other team owners and we hope to change the state of the TM Master Cup Series for its own long-term survival... maybe we can get Bolden and Lenard back in the series, they have lots of fans."

Cooper Not Apologetic After First Lap Contact with Carroll

One of the most controversial collisions of the day was the first lap contact between Volpi driver Packer Carroll and EFR driver Ian Cooper. Cooper's crew cheif, Marcus Jones, said that Cooper was sorry only for knocking teammate Scott Bates and good friend Louis Kingston out of the race.

"He said that Packer just cut him off, and that's what it looked like. Ian just said that he should have known Packer would race him like that, so he's still not happy about it." Daris was quoted as saying after the race.
"After I saw Cooper get run on the grass I knew Pack was going to get wrecked at some point, because that was a pretty chicken move to make on lap 1. If it was later on I'd probably not make a big deal about it but it is what it is, and the amount of damage we received out there means we must construct additional racecars.

Cooper and Carroll both made it home at the end of the race, finishing 14th and 11th respectively. Cooper's post-race interview indicated his frustrations with Carroll and he cited some of Carroll's earlier incidents in the season.

Could Both Power Steering, Incorporated Drivers Be Parked for France?

After both Power Steering, Incorporated drivers hit everything but the pace car during the Round of England, rumors went around that both of their regular drivers, Anthony Griffith and Kurt Plissken could be suspended from the upcoming Round of France. Griffith has already incurred penalties for causing an avoidable collision, and many insiders believe that his first lap collision with Nemoto driver Tom Delgado will result in Griffith being suspended from the Round of France. In four races in the 2012 campaign, Carbondale was the only race Griffith had not incurred a penalty of some sort.

Plissken, unlike his teammate, has a reputation of slithering his way into results and capitalizing on other people's misfortunes. However, he was handed two time penalties during the race for avoidable collisions with Kraig Mummert, and later Blake Camphausen. The latter collision would have been for 11th place had Plissken not received his first active time penalty.

The only other driver to be handed two active time penalties in the same event (and as a result, the only other driver to be handed a 45 second time penalty) is Charlie Waters at Russia last year. Waters was not suspended from the subsequent race because the stewards deemed his incidents were not intentional or reckless enough to warrant a suspension. However, Plissken has apparently not been given the benefit of the doubt, and there is some doubt over his participation in the Round of France.

If both drivers are in fact suspended, the driving lineup for PSI remains unclear for the Round of France. Majestic Motorsports reportedly intended to run Jacques Bouvier in Ryan Matthews's car for his home race, but one rumor has PSI putting Bouvier in Griffith's car, and running reserve driver Max Goose in Plissken's car. Another rumor has Power Steering, Inc. not even showing up to the next race, which could incur a massive fine unless their entry is bought by another team for that race.

Finntech: Finnish Teams Will Be Stronger at Karjala

Finnish teams will surprise the TM Master Cup series regulars at Karjala in 2012. That is the claim of Heikki Annala, owner of Finntech, who believes that the amount of testing that Karjala-only teams have been able to do since 2010 will continue to play in their favor, despite the new chassis regulations for 2012. Annala went on to state that he believed the new chassis regulations were intended to give the big manufacturer teams a much easier chance of making the grid at Karjala and Indianapolis after several debacles in 2011 that saw all but 1 Saar car fail to qualify and Gasnier cars shut out entirely at Indianapolis.

Needless to say, Annala believes that Finnish teams will have an advantage, along with local drivers that have in recent years popped up in some frontrunning cars.

"The Omecha is a good car, and most of the teams here have a manufacturer giving us engines or blueprints for engines." Annala said.
"The American teams will have to up their game, because we showed that last year that the people here that want to race here can beat the regulars. Local drivers in regular cars can do well, like Erik Bohlender last year, but the regular teams should not be deluded into thinking that the locals will be so easy to beat."

Finntech last won the Karjala Grand Prix in 2000 with Benny Dwyer, who would habitually run Karjala with local teams because of the amount of testing they were able to do and because it would save transportation money for his regular team. Annala has two Independent's Trophy entrants, Mika Tervo and Carlos Donzelo, along with a third entry with Nils Tolonen as the driver. Of the other local teams known to be entering, one is Silven Racing, which ran Mikael Hesso and Elina Varjo last year, and the other is TH Racing, who finished second with Mika Tervo in 2010.

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

The inevitable Brands Hatch penalties:

Car #2 - Packer Carroll - Volpi Racing Team:
- 15 points for causing an avoidable collision.
- Start in the rear for the Round of France.

Car #08 - Anthony Griffith - Power Steering, Inc.:
- 30 points for causing an avoidable collision.
- 1 race suspension.

Car #10 - Mathias Taube - Gessler Richter MC Team:

Car #16 - Kurt Plissken - Power Steering, Inc.:
- 30 points for causing multiple avoidable collisions.
- 1 race suspension.

Car #30 - Charlie Waters - James Dalton Racing:

Car #37 - Tom Delgado - Star Nemoto Racing:

Car #64 - Chris Johaanes - Mitchell & Sons Racing:

Car #74 - Scott Steudler - Mitchell & Sons Racing:
- Warning for causing an avoidable collision.

Car #777 - Ian Cooper - Team EFR:

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Could there be any more penalties?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Wait does that mean Delgado is now on a rather hilarious -15 score?
Message me on Discord.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Oooh. Can Melrose have a seat at Power Steering Inc for the next race? :D

I mean, who can turn down a multiple time F1 World Champion and F1RWRS race winner? :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:Oooh. Can Melrose have a seat at Power Steering Inc for the next race? :D

I mean, who can turn down a multiple time F1 World Champion and F1RWRS race winner? :lol:

This would be awesome.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Oooh. Can Melrose have a seat at Power Steering Inc for the next race? :D

This would be awesome.

Yes, especially to see just how much chaos Melrose would cause when he inevitably loses his temper :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:

I mean, who can turn down a multiple time Fa World Champion and FaRWRS race winner? :lol:

This would be awesome.

Fixed, for the sake of the Cannon.
GT Super Series
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Shadaza wrote:Wait does that mean Delgado is now on a rather hilarious -15 score?

Not even the REECS can go that low...
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

WaffleCat wrote:
Shadaza wrote:Wait does that mean Delgado is now on a rather hilarious -15 score?

Actually, if you're crap enough, it's entirely possible :lol:
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

WaffleCat wrote:

Actually, Anthony Griffith has -46 points... even worse then that...

Pretty sure this race set a record for most penalties in one race. Not even the Grand Detour wreckfests had that many...

Round of France is up!

Arto Kekkonen (FIN) is on the pole.
Adrien Devereux (FRA) on the outside pole.

Jacques Bouvier replaces the suspended PSI driver Anthony Griffith. Bouvier qualified 6th.
Libby Bell replaces the suspended PSI driver Kurt Plissken. Bell will make her debut from towards the back of the field.

The Independent's Trophy cars:

#20 - Mika Tervo (FIN)
#21 - Carlos Donzelo (BRA)
#67 - Morgan Hamburg (USA)
#71 - Chris Allen (USA)

All but Tervo are making their first starts of the year.

Mathias Taube didn't bother to set a time in qualifying and starts last. Charlie Waters starts second-last. The track is a former Formula A(1) circuit that was abandoned for safety reasons (fictional track), in particular a huge hill on one part of the course. It's been good for GT racing, but that's about all the full course has been used for...

Also, the Karjala Grand Prix is coming up, so I opened signups for it over on EFR, but if you don't want to read that thread, here's a copypasta of the first post;

Cynon wrote:

Code: Select all

[b]Driver Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]: (At least 21 unless the driver has started a TMMC race already or has a win in either TM Lights, TM Junior, or ARLA, in which case, 18)
[b]Car Number[/b]: (Any that isn't taken by someone else. Check the Team Chart on TMPedia)
[b]Sponsors[/b]: (See Sponsor Restrictions For Details. Unsponsored is fine too.)
[b]Nationality[/b]: (Country of Origin)
[b]Chassis[/b]: (See Below)
[b]Team[/b]: (Maximum cars per team is 3)
[b]Team Location[/b]: Where is the team from? Giving me a country only works.
[b]Where is this Driver Racing[/b]: List all series this driver is racing in, even those not in the TMMC canon.

Cars available for use:
- Omecha MA03
- Lycoia Brute
- Any others you want? PM me(edit: PM me on EFR or reach me on AIM or MSN. My AIM is Cynon228 and my MSN is cynon98 at hotmail dot com. :D

I will accept as many entries as I feel like. Independent's Trophy cars are automatically entered, so they do NOT need to be posted. Also, as before, all the third cars are running, so it's in your best interests to check and see if those numbers are taken too. :)

A number is not taken unless it's on the entry list. I will resolve all number conflicts however I see fit.

You can post entries here, I'll be a bit generous on people making number goofs here. Karjala is a pretty difficult race to qualify for, as last season I had something like 118 entries for 42 grid spots. If you can't paint cars (or find the ASA90 models a bit frustrating), I'll probably throw something together for you.

As far as the ratings for the cars go (part of how NR2003 AI work), get them to me if your cars get accepted (note: if you're at least trying to be original, you'll get in). The ratings system is available here. Generally speaking, people don't share ratings much....

RealRacingRoots

Does F1Rejects want to send a FaRWRS (cannon's equivalent to F1RWRS) contingency to Karjala?
GT Super Series
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Wow, that was quite a race! Congratulations, you've won a fan! :D
Waris

Post by Waris »

I used to follow the TM Master Cup Series, but I stopped after I was disappointed when a fatal accident happened soon after a string of real life fatal accidents. I now watch your friend's championship, the ARLA Elite Series.

I also think I know who Ian Cooper is and why R.J. Bandsma will never drive in the TM Master Cup.

EDIT: oh, also I take inspiration from TMMC for my fictional stock car championships, so sue me perhaps. :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
RonDenisDeletraz

Waris wrote:I used to follow the TM Master Cup Series, but I stopped after I was disappointed when a fatal accident happened soon after a string of real life fatal accidents. I now watch your friend's championship, the ARLA Elite Series.

I also think I know who Ian Cooper is and why R.J. Bandsma will never drive in the TM Master Cup.

EDIT: oh, also I take inspiration from TMMC for my fictional stock car championships, so sue me perhaps. :lol:

Which I have a driver in. (only part time though)

RJ Bandsma wrote:THATS IWEGAL I WILL KIL YOU AND PUT YOU IN JAIL FOR A ZILLION YEARS :evil: :evil: :evil:

ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

WTF DAN, I hit Dwyer and all of a suddern I "CONSTANTLY" Hit drivers?

Oh sh....t I mean MIchael Hits Dwyer and....ah screw it, yes its me, the friggin cabbage lol
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
eichy

Post by eichy »

I'm currently the driver of the 231....I've scored in both my races.

LOLWUT
American
JORDAN GRAND PRIX FOREVER
RonDenisDeletraz

Karjala GP coming up soon, the Pre-Qualifying races were posted earlier.

RonDenisDeletraz

The grid for Karjala has been set.

The top 10.

Row 1

#27 Alexis Rainsford 1:31.642
#26 Erik Bohlender 1:31.811

Row 2

#32 Alvar Setterberg 1:31.840
#38 Andreas Ringdahl 1:31.844

Row 3

#90 Brian Sendack 1:31.867
#04 Juho Kivela 1:32.343

Row 4

#80 Lev Azarov 1:32.387
#59 Joonas Hannula 1:32.438

Row 5

#77 Esko Koskela 1:32.649
#99 Larson Jensen 1:32.701

And the other cars that made it past Pre-Qualifying.

F S # DRIVER INTERVAL LAPS LED POINTS STATUS
1 9 10 M Taube 123.782 21 1 180 Running
2 6 3 L Soveral -0.90 21 6 175 Running
3 5 78 V Simonov -1.54 21 0 165 Running
4 10 34 M Alanko -1.84 21 0 160 Running
5 2 8 Y Nosova -2.13 21 10* 165 Running
6 22 6 D Henton -8.01 21 0 150 Running
7 14 1 A Devereux -8.74 21 0 146 Running
8 11 9 A Kekkonen -11.13 21 0 142 Running
9 29 5 Z Duff -12.35 21 1 143 Running
10 30 999 M Leonard -13.10 21 0 134 Running
11 8 21 C Donzelo -I- -18.42 21 3 135 Running
12 12 290 M Paasonen -19.62 21 0 127 Running
13 7 85 L Vladimirovich -25.34 21 0 124 Running
14 4 28 C Davenport -27.01 21 0 121 Running
15 34 4 L Roderick -27.03 21 0 118 Running
16 13 20 M Tervo -I- -28.15 21 0 115 Running
17 25 39 M Hesso -30.70 21 0 112 Running
18 20 256 F Jaeger -30.99 21 0 109 Running
19 19 97 S Halvari -31.81 21 0 106 Running
20 1 44 M Sykes -34.90 21 0 103 Running
21 16 74 S Steudler -35.39 21 0 100 Running
22 26 03 P Short -35.88 21 0 97 Running
23 18 36 H Eichel -36.43 21 0 94 Running
24 42 88 S Bates -36.66 21 0 91 Running
25 24 81 D Savin -I- -40.45 21 0 88 Running
26 31 17 L Kingston -47.03 21 0 85 Running
27 36 55 Z Ashby -50.82 21 0 82 Running
28 28 72 K Dwyer -R- -52.14 21 0 79 Running
29 32 96 J Dahlgren -52.44 21 0 76 Running
30 40 25 Y Tenchi -53.64 21 0 73 Running
31 15 51 A Virtanen -55.07 21 0 70 Running
32 23 35 E Varjo -57.52 21 0 67 Running

This was copied from EFR.

RealRacingRoots

Is it just me, or do the Manticore cars kinda look like the Corsa cars from a few years ago?
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

RealRacingRoots wrote:Is it just me, or do the Manticore cars kinda look like the Corsa cars from a few years ago?

I didn't really notice that before. Also, I actually have a driver in this race. (#290. Mika Paasonen)

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:Is it just me, or do the Manticore cars kinda look like the Corsa cars from a few years ago?

I didn't really notice that before. Also, I actually have a driver in this race. (#290. Mika Paasonen)

As do I (#256 Friedrich Jaeger).
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

I wonder who is going to do better in the race?

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I didn't really notice that before. Also, I actually have a driver in this race. (#290. Mika Paasonen)

Considering you're starting ahead of Chris Davenport (who's been doing a fantastic impression of Jarno Trulli in the buildup to the race) and I'm not, probably you.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

eurobrun wrote:

Considering you're starting ahead of Chris Davenport (who's been doing a fantastic impression of Jarno Trulli in the buildup to the race) and I'm not, probably you.

Meh, maybe I wasn't paying attention but I didn't think that the Pre-Qualifying results determined the grid order, just who made the race.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:Meh, maybe I wasn't paying attention but I didn't think that the Pre-Qualifying results determined the grid order, just who made the race.

Oh right, of course, silly me. I suppose it's still up in the air then.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

eurobrun wrote:Meh, maybe I wasn't paying attention but I didn't think that the Pre-Qualifying results determined the grid order, just who made the race.

There should be a F1Rejects cup for whoever does better out of the 290 and the 256.

RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:

There should be a F1Rejects cup for whoever does better out of the 290 and the 256.

Why don't Cynon make the FaRWRS (F1RWRS with a letter swapped out) canon for TMMC so we could have Wizze (cheat) win in another series?

I'd pay to have that happen for next season.

EDIT: I wonder if Greg Woodard snoops around F1Rejects and saw what I said about the Corsa kinda looking like a Manticore. He had to ruin my bliss. Boo. :cry:
GT Super Series
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
eurobrun wrote:There should be a F1Rejects cup for whoever does better out of the 290 and the 256.

Why don't Cynon make the FaRWRS (F1RWRS with a letter swapped out) canon for TMMC so we could have Wizze (cheat) win in another series?

I'd pay to have that happen for next season.

Might help me with student loans and the like! :lol:

RealRacingRoots wrote:EDIT: I wonder if Greg Woodard snoops around F1Rejects and saw what I said about the Corsa kinda looking like a Manticore. He had to ruin my bliss. Boo. :cry:

I've linked him here before so it wouldn't surprise me.

Also...

The 47-minute Karjala Grand Prix video is up, complete with the full starting grid, some neat liveries, probably a few mispronunciations out of ignorance, dodgy track maps, and Luciano Soveral's name appearing twice on the points cards(oops)!

RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:There should be a F1Rejects cup for whoever does better out of the 290 and the 256.

I think we know who won that one, WOW. Still, Gessler got a podium which makes me a happy boy.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

RealRacingRoots wrote:

I think we know who won that one, WOW. Still, Gessler got a podium which makes me a happy boy.

AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHH

RealRacingRoots

A huge hunk of teams have walked out of the Round of Michigan because they won't get Provisional Entries at Indy and Karjala.

I really want a huge nWo style invasion of the TMMC in the future after the MCMA walks out and makes their own series, like what happened with the STCC and TTA.

Oh, and Melrose Racing Team taking part with current Formula A drivers Daniel Melrose and Nathan McKane at Michigan or in the future.
GT Super Series