The TM Master Cup Series thread (NR2003)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Cynon

Re: The TM Master Cup Series thread (NR2003)

Post by Cynon »

Since this is F1 Rejects, I can tell you that it is a good day for minnows. Treven Terrell's car, the totally-not-Euromotorsport tribute car, made the field despite being terribad for the rest of the season.

I'm working on the video right now. Should be around 45 minutes, with about 35-37 minutes of racing. :D

11 points separate the top 4 cars in the title hunt, and all of them can realistically win it.

As far as 2013, the series will get even more tributes to reject teams of the past, as Manticore Engineering will carry numbers 28 and 29 and paintjobs looking oddly like the 2007 Pacific Coast Motorsports Champ Cars, and BlackDiamond Racing will carry numbers 19 and 39... and if you've watched a CART race you would associate #19 with Dale Coyne... and if you watched one before Coyne partnered with Walter Payton you would know the second Coyne car was usually #39.

There's a possibility that one of the Independent's Trophy teams will have a very Morgan Shepherd-inspired paintjob, and another one might have a flair of Kirk Shelmerdine... stay tuned for those... 8)

Michael Sykes will be back with Chris Davenport in the new ALERT cars, ALERT, the American Launch Energy Racing Team, rises from the ashes of FLASH Racing. Roderick is off to Volpi, Henton and Clévenot take the race seats in the new Lynxe team, but most importantly, the little Russian team that could, Katzev Engineering, will partner Yuliya Nosova with Yevgeny Kuznetsov.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

The Ai under the hotel is bad. That AIW needs looking at probably, but who knows. ;)

Good finish to the race, I was expecting a big crash from the 1 and the 3 numerous times. Sadly Arto became a muppet much like McKane has these last few races in the RoLFS, but clearly that could have happen to anyone in the top 4 of the title hunt. Also congrats to Jaeger who won the battle between him and Passonen, although Mika kinda was marooned with the Gasnier. Perhaps we could see Mika go to Wernstrom and create the ultimate tag team?

Cannot wait for the next season, TMMC has rarely disappointed.

Cynon wrote:...Manticore Engineering will carry numbers 28 and 29 and paintjobs looking oddly like the 2007 Pacific Coast Motorsports Champ Cars...

Personal request, could the third Manticore car have the colours of the Pacific Coast Corvette C5-R?
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Good finish to the race, I was expecting a big crash from the 1 and the 3 numerous times. Sadly Arto became a muppet much like McKane has these last few races in the RoLFS, but clearly that could have happen to anyone in the top 4 of the title hunt. Also congrats to Jaeger who won the battle between him and Passonen, although Mika kinda was marooned with the Gasnier. Perhaps we could see Mika go to Wernstrom and create the ultimate tag team?

That would be epic, I honestly don't know what he will do in 2013 yet. Looking forward to next season anyway
Last edited by RonDenisDeletraz on 19 Jan 2013, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

The Race
Results
Points*
Season Overview

I think Chris Davenport is erroneously scored as being in the 19 car for a race or two that he didn't actually take part in, because IIRC he only ran the first two races in the 19, then ran Karjala in the 28 before poofing.

But it's okay, he'll be back to scare the straights.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RonDenisDeletraz

I love how Larson Jensen and Andreas Laporta have been showing up for almost every one off race since around 2010 yet never pop up anywhere else, There are a couple if other drivers that do this as well but those two spring to mind for some reason.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

There are also rumors that Lenard may return to the series as Lynxe Racing's Chassis, what will happen to Lycoia and PSI?! I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lenard and Lycoia duke it out against Inglesby/Juneau and Saar/Tremwell. As long as Lenard doesn't pull 'rank' and do what they did to that Pontiac knockoff* :lol:. Seeing that Team Saar USA isn't on the unofficial 2013 roster, it's hard to say where Saar may wind up... Of course that's totally up to Cynon.

*AKA Fortner. They were pulled out of the TMMC because the owner of said brand basically had his management rage hard after failing to show up at Indianapolis in 2011. He didn't even get them in after being reminded by several people to get the cars in (myself included, and I was the newbie of the site at the time).
Lycoia Motors - Pushing the Limit
Helsing Racing Technologies - Slay the Competition
Founded and 'Built' Proudly in the USA!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I'm going to sort out all of the 2013 Independent's Trophy stuff soon. In English: if anyone wants to get into the series with relative ease, this is the way to do it! :lol:

I just need to do one or two track tests before the schedule gets sorted out. It will be mostly fictional tracks as it always has been, but I'm considering Fontana, Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma, Darlington, Phoenix, Silverstone, Rockingham UK, Milwaukee, and some of the many Canadian short tracks.

As for the new fictional tracks that might be included, there's a neat track called AF Delta 1 that I'm going to test, along with Special Stage Route 5 (yes, they have this for NR, but the cameras are begging to be redone), and the infamous New York City street track that I ran.

All three of the fictional tracks that I need to test would reduce the number of Independents that could be entered for that race.

As far as the full-time teams are concerned, all but two seats have been filled. The two seats that have yet to be filled are the second Tutino (#50) and the second BlackDiamond car (#39).

RonDenisDeletraz

I don't think Paasonen is doing anything yet. I am trying to decide if it is worth trying to apply and get a hilariously inept character for the Tutino

RealRacingRoots

Cynon wrote:
I just need to do one or two track tests before the schedule gets sorted out. It will be mostly fictional tracks as it always has been, but I'm considering Fontana, Sears Point/Infineon/Sonoma, Darlington, Phoenix, Silverstone, Rockingham UK, Milwaukee, and some of the many Canadian short tracks.

As for the new fictional tracks that might be included, there's a neat track called AF Delta 1 that I'm going to test, along with Special Stage Route 5 (yes, they have this for NR, but the cameras are begging to be redone), and the infamous New York City street track that I ran.

Which variation of Silverstone would be used? Off the top of my head the National or the old GP circuits would be nice for the cars. Here's a map with all the routes for reference. (Although I would think you already got your stuff together already)

AF Delta 1 and SSR5 both look enjoyable in the series. If you need a reference for some camera placements on SSR5, I got some videos of the track from GT1 and GT5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAeTNPeinoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYeo_u8oK0Q

Stuff is looking good for next season! :D
GT Super Series
Dleck6211

Post by Dleck6211 »

Cynon wrote:I'm going to sort out all of the 2013 Independent's Trophy stuff soon. In English: if anyone wants to get into the series with relative ease, this is the way to do it! :lol:

All three of the fictional tracks that I need to test would reduce the number of Independents that could be entered for that race.

As far as the full-time teams are concerned, all but two seats have been filled. The two seats that have yet to be filled are the second Tutino (#50) and the second BlackDiamond car (#39).

Master Cup at Darlington....this is going to be good.
F1 Engine: $2,000,000
F1 Chassis: $3,000,000
Competing in Formula 1 and realizing your team is crap: priceless
There are some things money can buy, for other things, there's Master Card-Lola
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

How one can be part of TMMC? (That is, entry procedure) :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

FMecha wrote:How one can be part of TMMC? (That is, entry procedure) :?

http://efr1.forumotion.com/
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

tommykl wrote:

Speaking of which, what series you are partcipataing there, tommy? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

FMecha wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Speaking of which, what series you are partcipataing there, tommy? :)

Only the Dash Cup so far.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

Dleck6211 wrote:
Cynon wrote:I'm going to sort out all of the 2013 Independent's Trophy stuff soon. In English: if anyone wants to get into the series with relative ease, this is the way to do it! :lol:

Master Cup at Darlington....this is going to be good.

I actually asked about Silverstone sometime last year. But Darlington? OH Buddy...
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

All of the full-time cars have been filled. There are two or three Independent's Trophy slots (I'm going to check on that) that need to be filled, and a few cars are entered in that with no drivers yet! :D

Also, TM Lights, the main feeder category, hasn't had the field set yet either.

There will be 22 events in 2013, 21 points events, and a non-championship race in Colorado for Independent's only... ... but I might have the main championship show up and make it 22 events on the calendar after all! :D

Darlington did indeed make the calendar. For the unaware, Darlington is the Spa of oval tracks, you need some serious balls to be fast there, it's not easy to set up... oh yeah, and the fast way around the track is inches from the wall. ;)

I'm being 100% honest with the entry procedure:

- Basically, post about a driver's intent to enter a series. If you need an excuse to get a ride, say you have loads of cash.

- I have something called the Promoter's Option for this coming season, which basically means I can add a car to the field for a race at will. If you have something good, you can probably be sure you'll get this at least once.

- Karjala, Indy, and Decatur are the best times to enter many cars at once. Making those three races is half luck, half speed.

- Some people get in quicker than others. My girlfriend, for instance, instantly got in. My real-life friends instantly got in and aren't getting out anytime soon. :D

RonDenisDeletraz

In that case

Speedline.com wrote:Worldsport to apply for Independents Trophy

It has been announced today that European GT team Worldsport plan to contest the Independents Trophy of the 2013 TM Master Cup Series. The team, who finished second in the 2012 Karjala Grand Prix with Mika Paasonen, said that they plan to run a 259 Omecha sponsored by Battery Energy Drink. The only thing that the team has yet to confirm is the driver but team boss Tony Bollinger did say that they wanted a driver with TM Master Cup experence. In a statement today Bollinger said that "This is a great chance for the whole team, the TM Master Cup is a great series and I belovee we can be relatively successful straight off". They are hoping to get conformation from TMMC officials so they can start officially preparing for the season.

Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Well, I would enter the TM Master Cup, but ReinSpeed has already entered the death trap known as Hanmore Formula Overdrive. :lol:
MIA SAN MIA!
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

So ladies and gentlemen of F1Rejects, what are your predictions for the 2013 TM Master Cup season?!

Slight gravedig, don't hurt me :P
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

gwoodard41 wrote:So ladies and gentlemen of F1Rejects, what are your predictions for the 2013 TM Master Cup season?!

Friedrich Jaeger will be an absolute boss and walk the TM Lights title and win all 4 TM Master Cup races he's running for the Independent's Trophy outright.

.... I wish.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RealRacingRoots

gwoodard41 wrote:So ladies and gentlemen of F1Rejects, what are your predictions for the 2013 TM Master Cup season?!

I expect PSI to win at Darlington or Carbondale.
I expect Tutino to be pretty solid.
I expect Katzev to win again.
I expect Arto to not choke, and win the Title... no wait, make that demand. :twisted:

2013's going to be fun times.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

>Tutino
>Solid

Oh god...

RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:>Tutino
>Solid

Oh god...

They got Rossini and Ben Atkins, who are both not bad. (probably not as good as Steudler, but around same performance as Pushanda) And I presume they got the Rossini-built car as well, which should be better than what Tutino had last year.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

But it was fun when they were really crap

RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:But it was fun when they were really crap

We got FPO now, they'll be extra fun being crap.
GT Super Series
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

Tutino may surprise people, who knows what will happen?

On the PSI possibly winning Carbondale and Darlington? My namesake could won if it didn't come down to tire wear. In an independent's trophy entry no less... Darlington is a track where it's hard to pass and hard to not eat the wall... so that's probably going to be one of the best races for the season.

FPO will be using the Rouge Terminator chassis, renamed the FPO-1000, according to the team chart. It should be interesting to watch how that team performs, especially with Quiggles joining the TMMC... as a rookie...

Katzev will have Nosova and KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZIE! Just the combination alone will have plenty of camera time. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a upset win.
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

First race is up! Check it out on EFR or Cynon's youtube channel!

(Or check your subscriptions...)
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

TM Lights @ California, the main feeder category took to the Auto Club Speedway. Features Daniel Melrose being Daniel Melrose.

TM Master Cup series Round of California, for those that never saw it.

Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Yong-Sung should've won :(
Trump 2016
RealRacingRoots

darkapprentice77 wrote:Yong-Sung should've won :(

Buffy has the best equipment in the series, so it was going to be close in that 2 lap dash.
GT Super Series
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

TMMC Round 2: Carbondale! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWnaNhDmFjY

Watch and comment on it please :)
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

gwoodard41 wrote:TMMC Round 2: Carbondale! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWnaNhDmFjY

Watch and comment on it please :)

If you need a reason to watch it, gwoodard here provided a good radio chatter sample. There'll be more where that came from...

As an aside, if anyone who doesn't have a driver but wants to appear as a radio voice can do so by shooting me a PM either here or on EFR. :D

RealRacingRoots

Clearly I shouldn't get bored after watching the Carbondale race.... :lol:

Voeckler-mania runs wild all over you, brother.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

Oh great... :roll:

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Clearly I shouldn't get bored after watching the Carbondale race.... :lol:

Tell me I did not just see that. :shock:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Clearly I shouldn't get bored after watching the Carbondale race.... :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. The lo-res textures, they BURRRRRRNNNNNN

:P
Everything's great.
RealRacingRoots

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Blame the CarViewer and Fraps, and the fact I don't have the super-awesome renders most EFR users have.
GT Super Series
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Blame the CarViewer and Fraps, and the fact I don't have the super-awesome renders most EFR users have.

Hmmmm, maybe you should try [url=simnascar.wordpress.com/fab-shop/graphics-tweaks/]this?[/url]
Everything's great.
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

When you're done with the flat, I, or someone else could render it for you.

Also, I was the one who made the original... ASA90 variant that you're using, not sure who created the original cup variant that ran in 2010.
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

The TM Master Cup Round of Georgia is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRdRgguzDoA

Now with more Radio Chatter from Quiggles Jr. and Co.

Up next: The Round of England! Will Henton do well in front of the home crowd? Or will someone pull off a upset?!

Comments about the race?