The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
takagi_for_the_win

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

darkapprentice77 wrote:No Paul O'Neill in 2013 :(

Thats a shame, he's one of my favourite drivers, and he can be properly quick as well :cry:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

darkapprentice77 wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YESSS!

Its a shame he can't get a better drive though in fairness, that Golf is far from the best S2000 car there; I mean not even Onslow-Cole could make it consistantly competitive. Still, it'll be interesting to see if Kaye still has it.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YESSS!

Its a shame he can't get a better drive though in fairness, that Golf is far from the best S2000 car there; I mean not even Onslow-Cole could make it consistantly competitive. Still, it'll be interesting to see if Kaye still has it.

But in terms of the S2000 trophy, Liam Griffin may be his only real competition. The other 2 guys in the S2000 trophy I don't know about, although they both got good equipment in a S2000 Cruze and Focus.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

It'll be nice to see a Leon on the BTCC grid again: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/03/ ... with-seat/
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

World Touring Cars are racing in Monza this weekend. Sure it might not sound the most thrilling but there are no more factory Chevrolets and best of all a Lada team!
Message me on Discord.
RealRacingRoots

Shadaza wrote:World Touring Cars are racing in Monza this weekend. Sure it might not sound the most thrilling but there are no more factory Chevrolets and best of all a Lada team!

Monza is a track I think is quite solid for WTCC, with the long straights it's allow these cars to stretch their legs and make it possible to pass each other. Most tracks on the calendar are too mickey mouse, but Shanghai last year was a all-time classic and I see no reason why Monza can't follow the trend.

Also James Thompson and Lada have my support! :D
GT Super Series
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

32 CARS. Admittedly not all of them will be there at the start, but 32 CARS. This season is going to be great, partly because some teams (Motorbase, Gilham) appear to have gone completely insane. Also, I don't like the standard 1-Series, but that WSR car is the best looking touring car I've seen in years...

Not sure Wood will have it all his own way, as the S2000 class looks far more competitive than it did about a week ago. If AMD can get that Golf working well on a consistent basis Kaye could be a threat and I'd be willing to bet at least one of the unknowns turns out to be half-decent.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, it should be a good season hopefully. Also good news is that (although they didn't exactly make a big fuss about it) the idiot Moody has been binned as commentator. The guy who replaced him has apparently done a lot of the circuit commentary. I can't say I know his work but it surely can't be any worse than what we got last year?

As for the WTCC, I will be supporting Lada and Honda, though I have a funny feeling that even without factory support, those boring Chevys may clean up again.
I still miss the Volvo though...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

The BTCC looks seriously good this year, definitely going to see if I can make a race at some point, it's so cheap it's almost rude not to go! Plus they have Formula Ford on the support bill again as well.

Now just to decide which track to go to...
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
nome66

Post by nome66 »

the WTCC should run a support race or exhibition at COTA, because the track's organizers seem to have booked every other major gig in sight. maybe on the northern short course, though i'm not sure if they plan on building a pitlane complex on a short-circuit like they did in Abu-Dhabi.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Barbazza wrote:Also good news is that (although they didn't exactly make a big fuss about it) the idiot Moody has been binned as commentator. The guy who replaced him has apparently done a lot of the circuit commentary. I can't say I know his work but it surely can't be any worse than what we got last year?

Hear, hear. I lost count how many times I facepalmed at Moody's inane banter last year. I'd prefer Jonathan bloody Legard to be honest; at least I could somewhat entertain myself with Legard bingo when he was commentating.

AndreaModa wrote:The BTCC looks seriously good this year, definitely going to see if I can make a race at some point, it's so cheap it's almost rude not to go! Plus they have Formula Ford on the support bill again as well.

Now just to decide which track to go to...

It's a shame there isn't actually a Cardiff Bay round like in Samster's Alternate championship, else I'd go to that. :P I think Thruxton'd be the closest to me, though I might try Donington, because, well, Donington. Of course, that'd mean having to see about a coach or train there, given that I don't have a car and don't think I'm old enough to rent one.
Everything's great.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I'd quite like to go to Donington too given that I only went to the circuit once even though I lived practically next door for a year (and that wasn't a BTCC meeting)

Unfortunately it's too early in the year for me, April is a bit busy. Plus, trust me on this one - East Midlands in April. No.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Barbazza wrote:I'd quite like to go to Donington too given that I only went to the circuit once even though I lived practically next door for a year (and that wasn't a BTCC meeting)

Unfortunately it's too early in the year for me, April is a bit busy. Plus, trust me on this one - East Midlands in April. No.

It was lovely last year! A bit windy and cool at times, but when the sun was out (which was quite frequent) it was nice and warm! :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Barbazza wrote:I'd quite like to go to Donington too given that I only went to the circuit once even though I lived practically next door for a year (and that wasn't a BTCC meeting)

I should probably remember that last bit, considering I lived in Chesterfield for a few years. :lol:

So, Thruxton, anyone?
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Well since I live in Basingstoke, which is half an hour away from thruxton, I may as well go on race day ( let's hope its actually dry this year because I went last year and f**k me that was cold to the extent I couldnt open a packet of crisps :lol: )
Also been reading about Jason Plato and I once asked him for an autograph and he said, " have you got a pen mate?" he struck me that day as an arrogant twat, the Paul Di Resta of the BTCC
Same thing applies with flash as my dad had to block him just for an autograph although Matt Neal was happy to stop for a chat just after practice

I have also been wondering, how much is an NGTC car?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

In the meantime, WTCC season opener in Monza is underway - starring Honda and Lada.
To my amazement, James Thompson qualified in 9th! :o
Also, there's HRT's spiritual successor in form of Campos Racing, with Fernando Monje and Hugo Valente.
RealRacingRoots

Pointrox wrote:In the meantime, WTCC season opener in Monza is underway - starring Honda and Lada.
Also, there's HRT's spiritual successor in form of Campos Racing, with Fernando Monje and Hugo Valente.

After Thommo's teammate tried to be a hero in Q1 nonetheless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3LyV1kabaE
GT Super Series
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, that was quite amusing. Presumably the team asked him to think like an Italian driver at his home circuit to get the best out of himself. Unfortunately he thought they meant Liuzzi in the HRT a couple of years ago by the looks of it.

It looks like I was right about the Chevys though : 1-2-3 in Quali. Sigh.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

That reminds me, how the bathplug is Alex McDowall in 3rd. He always looked a little bit crap in BTCC. I rate his teammate James Nash a lot more highly
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
RealRacingRoots

GT Super Series
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

Autosport wrote:Dudukalo's participation in the Marrakech event is now uncertain.

Yeah, I bet it is.
I can only imagine things are a little frosty in the Lada camp right now: 'tis a shame, as the Granta actually looks like a half decent touring car...
Samster

Post by Samster »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
Pointrox wrote:In the meantime, WTCC season opener in Monza is underway - starring Honda and Lada.

After Thommo's teammate tried to be a hero in Q1 nonetheless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3LyV1kabaE

:lol: One of the most rejectful things I've seen in a while.
takagi_for_the_win

eurobrun wrote:That reminds me, how the bathplug is Alex McDowall in 3rd. He always looked a little bit crap in BTCC. I rate his teammate James Nash a lot more highly

The thing is, McDowell was crap in BTCC. If I remember correctly, he got his arse handed to him by Plato when they were teammates at Chevy.
Personally, I don't see what all the fuss about Nash is. I see him as a mini-Plato, one of those drivers who, if they can't overtake someone within 5 corners, will just punt them off the track. I haven't seen him race in a few years, so he may have matured, but for me the jury is still out.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

So, I actually bothered watching a WTCC event yesterday, for the first time in years. Meh. Hopefully the rest of the season won't go the same way, with Muller running away with everything, but I'm not optimistic. Can anyone think of a good reason why the race wasn't red-flagged or the safety car wasn't deployed after Boardman and Nash's collision in Race 1? I know it would have meant that it wouldn't have ended under race conditions, but Boardman's car was just sitting there on the racing line!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, that was a depressing pair of races, save for Tarquini's usual brilliance - hopefully the Hondas will be better in the dry. The BMWs certainly couldn't be any worse.

As for the Brits, I've never rated MacDowall but I don't think Nash is too much of a bully. Certainly nowhere near Plato standards - his last season in the BTCC was decent.

Leaving Boardman's car on the track and not red flagging the race was mental, but then this is Italy we're talking about!
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

The worrying thing is that Tarquini has said that he thinks the rain actually lessened the Honda's performance deficit compared to the Chevrolet. I hope he's wrong, otherwise the season will probably be a write-off. From what I saw MacDowall doesn't appear to have changed much since his BTCC days: he's fast when left alone, but seems to capitulate when there are other cars around him...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Caught up with watching the WTCC Monza races yesterday - why so little TV focus on the champion, Huff, charging through the field? The footage seemed fixated on what was happening at the head of the field...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The other day, I read on Wikipedia that an NGTC car costs about £200,000 to build and that got me thinking, can you build a touring car which is faster than DTM for under £200,000?

Base car: JL G09 brazil stock car
The reason I have picked this is because all the cars run spec everything and because of this, they only cost $220,000 which is about £155,000 an because everything is all heavy duty, there shall be less maintinence costs to go with it.

Engine: holeshot racing h1 busa v8 1000hp
The engine in a brazil stock car is a 6.2L dodge v8 producing 500cv and I have no idea how much the engine is worth so if anyone wants to take a guess then feel free to :p

If I have missed anything out please let me know
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
RealRacingRoots

You're outta here!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/03/29/mikhail-koslovskiy-replaces-dudukalo-at-lada/

Tough luck for the team, having to build a new car already after the first round. Hopefully Aleksei smartens up after this, because otherwise he isn't that bad, hes average but not offensive like he was in Quali for Monza.
GT Super Series
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

RealRacingRoots wrote:You're outta here!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/03/29/mikhail-koslovskiy-replaces-dudukalo-at-lada/

Tough luck for the team, having to build a new car already after the first round. Hopefully Aleksei smartens up after this, because otherwise he isn't that bad, hes average but not offensive like he was in Quali for Monza.

Not really a surprise, but still a harsh decision I think. Yes, it took the whole team out of the weekend and left them with a lot of repair work, but it's still just one mistake - I doubt he would have been fired if he hadn't happened to clatter into Thompson. Not sure whether it's a good decision to replace him with a complete unknown either: I can't find anything that would suggest that Koslovskiy is in any way an improvement, and he won't be as familiar with the tracks, having seemingly mainly compteted in Russia.

On a side note, does anyone else find it amusing that Shapovalov appears to have absolutely no control over who his drivers are? The decision appears to be Lukoil's...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FloProAct wrote:

Not really a surprise, but still a harsh decision I think. Yes, it took the whole team out of the weekend and left them with a lot of repair work, but it's still just one mistake - I doubt he would have been fired if he hadn't happened to clatter into Thompson. Not sure whether it's a good decision to replace him with a complete unknown either: I can't find anything that would suggest that Koslovskiy is in any way an improvement, and he won't be as familiar with the tracks, having seemingly mainly compteted in Russia.

On a side note, does anyone else find it amusing that Shapovalov appears to have absolutely no control over who his drivers are? The decision appears to be Lukoil's...

Wasn't Shapovalov a Lada driver himself last time Lada entered the WTCC in about 2009?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

dr-baker wrote:
FloProAct wrote:

Wasn't Shapovalov a Lada driver himself last time Lada entered the WTCC in about 2009?

Yes: he is owner/team boss of Russian Bears, the team that runs the Lada WTCC effort. He retired in 2009 when they got Thompson on board.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Good ol' British weather. The last 15 minutes of BTCC qualifying were hit by snow, Happy Easter!

Andrew Jordan has pole in what looks like a Honda vs MG shootout.
Message me on Discord.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Shadaza wrote:Good ol' British weather. The last 15 minutes of BTCC qualifying were hit by snow, Happy Easter!

Andrew Jordan has pole in what looks like a Honda vs MG shootout.

And Sam Tordoff has just confirmed what a black hole of talent Andy Neate is.

Good run for Jordan though, he's been improving every year. I think he'll give the works Honda's quite a few surprises throughout 2013.
Everything's great.
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

Shame for Turkington and Goff (and Wrathall): Hope they can repair those cars in time for tomorrow.
ITV Watch: Didn't recognise Addison by name when they first announced him but definitely recognise him by voice: he's a solid, knowledgeable commentator and should be good. 2 fairly glaring, at least for me, errors in the driver lineup film however: Last year was not Dave Newsham's debut and James Kaye has been away for 2 years not 11.....
takagi_for_the_win

Shadaza wrote:Andrew Jordan has pole in what looks like a Honda vs MG shootout.

Delighted! I've always been a bit of a fan of both Jordan's, nice to see Andrew up at the front. How far away is Plato from him?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Shadaza wrote:Andrew Jordan has pole in what looks like a Honda vs MG shootout.

Delighted! I've always been a bit of a fan of both Jordan's, nice to see Andrew up at the front. How far away is Plato from him?

Directly behind him on the grid. Matt Neal will be alongside Plato on row 2, though.
Everything's great.