The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
nome66

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by nome66 »

read it vvvvvvvv
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Okay, so Chevy is out. Although RML will be doing a customer programme with the Cruzes in 2013. The big rumour is that RML (the team that runs the Chevy WTCC programme) will be teaming up with Renault for when the new regulations hit in 2014.

So thats:

Seat,
Honda,
Lada,
Ford,
Renault,
and Customer BMWs; in 2014, with most there in 2013.

Looks good ta me, even if most of the tracks are garbage. At least one team won't run away and will all the races, unless Honda runs away with it all.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Okay, so Chevy is out. Although RML will be doing a customer programme with the Cruzes in 2013. The big rumour is that RML (the team that runs the Chevy WTCC programme) will be teaming up with Renault for when the new regulations hit in 2014.

So thats:

Seat,
Honda,
Lada,
Ford,
Renault,
and Customer BMWs; in 2014, with most there in 2013.

Looks good ta me, even if most of the tracks are garbage. At least one team won't run away and will all the races, unless Honda runs away with it all.

The big problem, as you have pointed out, is the tracks. Where they do go to a decent circuit like Suzuka they ruin it by using the poxy short circuit version.
And although Macau used to be amusing, it's now a total joke and should be quietly removed like Pau was. Given the 2 fatalities at the track while WTCC were there I do wonder if that will now happen. The massive pile up in the first race where the SC *didn't* come out was just unbelievable really.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I'm happy that Michelisz has won the privateer WTCC title. He's definitely improving over the seasons.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, I just saw that. I wonder if even Plato was embarrassed at having this idiot for a team mate - it does read like he was pushed.

Sadly though, with his ££££ he's bound to find a drive somewhere else.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Dave Newsham and Lea Wood tested for Speedworks today while Joe Girling gets his first run in Techspeed's turbo Cruze.

http://www.btcc.net/html/home.php
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Something tells me Mercedes are in deep feces now.

Unless they manage to acquire a BMW or Audi top driver (and that seems more than unlikely) they only have four options, all of which are horrible:
* Hope for Paffett to conquer the title alone in a "Alonso/5-7 Massas" method
* Hope for Vietoris to improve even further, which given his second half of the season is not too likely
* Hope for Schumacher to experience another early 2011, this time over a full season
* Hope for a new driver to become the second Paul Di Resta
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Green going to Audi illustrates Norbert Haug's ineptitudy at running the Mercedes DTM operation once again.
MIA SAN MIA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Who remembers the Japanese Touring Car Championship of the 90s? I recall the first two Gran Turismo games had crapload of compact Japanese cars having RMs modelled after cars from that series. The early 90s (until 1993) was notorious for uber R32 GT-R domination, leading to switch to SuperTouring the following year - 1994. Then it died out within 4 years... :cry:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
nome66

Post by nome66 »

oh, yeah i remember that stuff. it was cool to see this crank out 600 horses after some tender tuning

I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Some BTCC silly season news.

Dave Newsham has signed up with Speedworks, hopefully they can provide a car capable of running at the front. I'd be delighted if they sign Lea Wood up too.
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3282

Jack Goff will move up from Clios to drive one of Tony Gilham's Insignias.
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3280

Gilham has also signed up Tom Onslow-Cole to drive one of his Passats.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=8478

Finally, West Surrey Racing will build at least two NGTC BMW 125i, the first time they will build their own cars since MG backed them.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=8469
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

A mistake from Onslow-Cole there. Tony Gilham's team was never great and running over 9000 cars is going to strech their resources to excessive levels
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

East Londoner wrote:Silly question, but has Plato always been a total bastard in the BTCC? Maybe he learned his driving skills from Steve Soper...

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:If BMW hires Steve Soper they shall become a mortal enemy of the Lanica DTM director. Or anyone else that does.

kostas22 wrote:90s BTCC!!!! Then I can hire John Cleland and give him orders to KILL STEVE SOPER :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Why does everyone here hate Steve Soper? I know he had that little incident in '92 but he was probably ordered by BMW to help Harvey.
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Silly question, but has Plato always been a total bastard in the BTCC? Maybe he learned his driving skills from Steve Soper...

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:If BMW hires Steve Soper they shall become a mortal enemy of the Lanica DTM director. Or anyone else that does.

kostas22 wrote:90s BTCC!!!! Then I can hire John Cleland and give him orders to KILL STEVE SOPER :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Why does everyone here hate Steve Soper? I know he had that little incident in '92 but he was probably ordered by BMW to help Harvey.

Yeah, but it's not like he had to take Cleland off there and then. It was just bathplugging disgraceful - that move was always going to take them both off and Soper knew it. And he did it anyway. Because Cleland barged his way past? Because he wanted to help Harvey? Something else entirely? Who cares what the reasoning was, it was a completely inexcusable and utterly shameful thing to do.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Soper also had a Grosnado-like reputation in DTM. Especially Norbert Haug was one of his "friends". :lol:
MIA SAN MIA!
Samster

Post by Samster »

Brace yourselfs! He Who Must Not Be Named is going it alone. :o

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3290

In happier news both Rob Austin and Will Bratt will return in the Audis with full backing from WIX Filters. :)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Samster wrote:Brace yourselfs! He Who Must Not Be Named is going it alone. :o

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3290

Well, at least people have finally learned to stop giving him rides to waste. Hopefully now he'll finally run out of money.

Samster wrote:In happier news both Rob Austin and Will Bratt will return in the Audis with full backing from WIX Filters. :)

Yeah, I saw that on Facebook. Easily the best news of silly season, hopefully now Rob'll be able to display both his full potential and that of his Audi. :D
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Neate may be a shite driver but he has the potential to a competent team owner so if he put someone with actual talent in the car instead of himself then they could have been semi-competitive. But it was not to be :roll:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Yeah, but it's not like he had to take Cleland off there and then. It was just bathplugging disgraceful - that move was always going to take them both off and Soper knew it. And he did it anyway. Because Cleland barged his way past? Because he wanted to help Harvey? Something else entirely? Who cares what the reasoning was, it was a completely inexcusable and utterly shameful thing to do.

I spoke to him about it once when I worked with him at Vic Lee Racing in 2001. He didn't do it out of any particular love for Tim Harvey (in fact they hate each other), but apparently Vic asked him to do it, so he did it. Ray Bellm couldn't hack it and couldn't keep up with Harvey and couldn't back him up so Vic got rid of him and got Soper in full-time. Vic stood to get a sizeable bonus from BMW GB for winning the series.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I wonder why the Vauxhall teams can't agree on the one friggin model they want to use. To me, it's hardly efficient if you have one team running Insignias and others running Astras. Why can't they agree on one model, on one company that builds the cars for them, thus saving them money they normally would have used on design and development?
MIA SAN MIA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Faustus wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Yeah, but it's not like he had to take Cleland off there and then. It was just bathplugging disgraceful - that move was always going to take them both off and Soper knew it. And he did it anyway. Because Cleland barged his way past? Because he wanted to help Harvey? Something else entirely? Who cares what the reasoning was, it was a completely inexcusable and utterly shameful thing to do.

I spoke to him about it once when I worked with him at Vic Lee Racing in 2001. He didn't do it out of any particular love for Tim Harvey (in fact they hate each other), but apparently Vic asked him to do it, so he did it. Ray Bellm couldn't hack it and couldn't keep up with Harvey and couldn't back him up so Vic got rid of him and got Soper in full-time. Vic stood to get a sizeable bonus from BMW GB for winning the series.

Yeah, I figured that that might've been the case. Still doesn't excuse what he did though.

eurobrun wrote:Neate may be a shite driver but he has the potential to a competent team owner so if he put someone with actual talent in the car instead of himself then they could have been semi-competitive. But it was not to be :roll:

I suppose - I mean, Michael Waltrip is nearly as bad a driver as he is, and his team's come good. I'm still not gonna hold my breath, though.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Faustus wrote:

You were working for VLR in 2001? OK, I have a question for you;

Were you part of the test team that went to Zandvoort and where were the hidden compartments in the truck :lol:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

If Soper hated Harvey then he's gone up a little in my estimation. He still cheated though.

As for next year, I do like the Audis so I'm glad that Rob Austin is continuing. Even better news about the clueless crasher who so obviously dyes his hair - things must be bad when even Plato doesn't want you as a secret weapon to remove the opposition....
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
Faustus wrote:

You were working for VLR in 2001? OK, I have a question for you;

Were you part of the test team that went to Zandvoort and where were the hidden compartments in the truck :lol:

No I wasn't. I was the assistant to the chief engineer Geoff Kingston, so basically office-bound, but I engineered Aaron Slight in his one-off weekend at Donington.
We never saw much of the dodginess that Vic was up. Also, from what I heard later, it wasn't even anything as exotic as a secret hidden compartment, it was just a locked tool cupboard. Filled with drugs.
Last edited by Faustus on 23 Jan 2013, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Why the bathplug is Tony Gilham buying so many cars??
Trump 2016
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Why the bathplug is Tony Gilham buying so many cars??

So Andy Neate can't buy them as replacements/So he has some spare in Neate smashes into them?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

World Domination

Samster

Post by Samster »

eurobrun wrote:

World Domination

At least he's putting decent drivers in them.
RonDenisDeletraz

Samster wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

World Domination

At least he's putting decent drivers in them.

I just really hope he doesn't use the revolting green and pink scheme

Samster

Post by Samster »

eurobrun wrote:
I just really hope he doesn't use the revolting green and pink scheme

Just be thankful Pinkney buggered off before Gilham arrived in the series.

Looks like he's confirmed his 4th driver. Robb Holland will return, apparently he will also run full time in the WTCC.
http://www.tonygilham.com/2013/01/robb-returns-to-hard/
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Bathplug yeah, looking forward to the possible 4 way championship battle :D :D :D

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:Bathplug yeah, looking forward to the possible 4 way championship battle :D :D :D

5-way if the NGTC Ford Focus comes good for Jackson.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Bathplug yeah, looking forward to the possible 4 way championship battle :D :D :D

5-way if the NGTC Ford Focus comes good for Jackson.

It's not impossible, this is shaping up to be one of the best BTCC seasons since Super Touring

Samster

Post by Samster »

Looks like Collard and Foster will return too to make it a three car team. :D
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, good to have Turks back - on his occasional races in the WTCC he's shown that he's still got it. Quite amazing that he's had no BTCC drive since winning the title.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Barbazza wrote:Yes, good to have Turks back - on his occasional races in the WTCC he's shown that he's still got it. Quite amazing that he's had no BTCC drive since winning the title.

Yeah, why is that exactly? Money issues I'm guessing?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

AndreaModa wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Yes, good to have Turks back - on his occasional races in the WTCC he's shown that he's still got it. Quite amazing that he's had no BTCC drive since winning the title.

Yeah, why is that exactly? Money issues I'm guessing?

I think so, considering who replaced him...

Samster

Post by Samster »