Debet Unrejectifations

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
DOSBoot

Debet Unrejectifations

Post by DOSBoot »

Similar to the "unrejectfiaction with a win thread", I'm trying to get a list of drivers or teams that unrejectified themselves on their debut race. Here are some that I can think of off the top of my head.

Drivers:
Jean Alesi
Johnny Parsons
Giancarlo Bagetti
Giuseppe Farina
Mark Donohue

Teams:
Alfa-Romeo
Mercedes-Benz
Walter Wolf Racing
Brawn GP
Last edited by DOSBoot on 17 Mar 2012, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Re: Debet Unrejectifations

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

DOSBoot wrote:Similar to the "unrejectfiaction with a win thread", I'm trying to get a list of drivers or teams that unrejectified themselves on their debut race. Here are some that I can think of off the top of my head.

Lewis Hamilton unrejectified himself with a podium in his first race.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Jacques Villeneuve - Melbourne 1996 - 2nd Place but Pole and Lead the race for a good percentage, only to have an oil leak or tean orders.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Johnny Herbert got a 4th in his first race.

I assume Red Bull count as they scored more than the 6 points required for unrejectification...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Jean Behra, with a 3rd place in the 1952 Swiss Grand Prix.

Vic Elford, with a 4th place in the 1968 French Grand Prix.

Ignazio Giunti, with a 4th place in the 1970 Belgian Grand Prix, his only points in F1.

Masten Gregory with a 3rd place in the 1957 Monaco Grand Prix
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Waris

Post by Waris »

You're forgetting the obvious Fagioli, Parnell and Giraud-Cabantous.
EDIT: Also if you're going to count Johnnie Parsons, there's probably a lot of other Indy drivers.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:I assume Red Bull count as they scored more than the 6 points required for unrejectification...

Nope, the 6 point limit is for the pre-2003 points system, and with that system Red Bull only scored 3 points at their first race. It wasn't until after the European Grand Prix that they had amassed over 6 points with the old system.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

ADx_Wales wrote:Jacques Villeneuve - Melbourne 1996 - 2nd Place but Pole and Lead the race for a good percentage, only to have an oil leak or tean orders.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Reine Wisell - 3rd on his debut in 1970.
Forza Forti
mario

Post by mario »

DOSBoot, are you including drivers who shared a car on that list or not?
You see, Dorino Serafini shared a car with Ascari in the 1950 Italian GP (he drove just over half the race before Ascari took over) in the only championship race he competed in, where Ascari drove the car to 2nd place. Serafini was already in 3rd place by the time he handed over the car, so he was on course to escape reject status anyway - but should he count towards that list or not?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:DOSBoot, are you including drivers who shared a car on that list or not?
You see, Dorino Serafini shared a car with Ascari in the 1950 Italian GP (he drove just over half the race before Ascari took over) in the only championship race he competed in, where Ascari drove the car to 2nd place. Serafini was already in 3rd place by the time he handed over the car, so he was on course to escape reject status anyway - but should he count towards that list or not?

Prior to the top-8 scoring points, to unrejectify oneself, one had to score 3 points or more (hence why the current criteria is a 5th plus a 6th, or 3 6ths). Serafini was awarded 3 points for that race, therefore is unrejectified...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:
mario wrote:DOSBoot, are you including drivers who shared a car on that list or not?

Prior to the top-8 scoring points, to unrejectify oneself, one had to score 3 points or more (hence why the current criteria is a 5th plus a 6th, or 3 6ths). Serafini was awarded 3 points for that race, therefore is unrejectified...

It is not so much about the points that he achieved, but the manner in which they came - if the drive is shared, can it be classed as an individual effort or not?

On another note, there is another driver who escaped reject status immediately - Mike Hawthorn, as he picked up a 4th place in the 1952 Belgian GP.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

If it is credited as a "shared result", then yes.

wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

I think Nino Farina unrejected himself on his debut.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

wmetcalf68 wrote:I think Nino Farina unrejected himself on his debut.

Already put his name there. "Nino" was his nickname. His real name is Emilio Giuseppe Farina, or just Giuseppe Farina for short.

wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

DOSBoot wrote:
wmetcalf68 wrote:I think Nino Farina unrejected himself on his debut.

Already put his name there. "Nino" was his nickname. His real name is Emilio Giuseppe Farina, or just Giuseppe Farina for short.

Oh, ok. I know, but "Nino" is easier.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool