GPM2 F1 Rejects/The Leftovers Mod

Archive for the three above subforums
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: GPM2 F1 Rejects/The Leftovers Mod

Post by shinji »

Nuppiz wrote:Life
42, 43 (compromise: the withdrawn FIRST Racing entry was appointed number 42 in 1989, and as we know Life was based on that chassis)

Also beautifully appropriate, 42 being the answer to Life, the universe and everything.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

shinji wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Life
42, 43 (compromise: the withdrawn FIRST Racing entry was appointed number 42 in 1989, and as we know Life was based on that chassis)

Also beautifully appropriate, 42 being the answer to Life, the universe and everything.

Hadn't noticed that before, it's quite a coincidence!

The last three drivers are now confirmed, with Paul Tracy, Bas Leinders and Chanoch Nissany taking the spots.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Alright, this mod is now almost 100% finished. All news pics are done, and the mod is now running a 1.02B EXE (trust me, manual hex-editing is really tiresome!). Pretty much the only thing left to do is the race calendar, and that is something that I want you to vote on again. Here's the 20 tracks currently in the mod, of which 16 will be in the calendar during the first year, while the other 4 tracks are "reserve" tracks and will be used should the in-game FIA decide to switch them with the 16 "original" tracks. Oh and one more thing: which year should this mod start in?

Interlagos, Brazil
Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico
Imola, San Marino
Catalunya, Spain
Monaco
Montreal, Canada
Magny-Cours, France
Silverstone, Great Britain
Hockenheim, Germany
Spa, Belgium
Monza, Italy
Estoril, Portugal
Nürbugring, Germany
Paul Ricard (long layout), France
Suzuka, Japan
Brands Hatch, Great Britain
Hungaroring, Hungary
Adelaide, Australia
Jerez, Spain
Jacarepaguá, Brazil

Possible replacements (although I highly doubt that you want to see Tilke-dromes here!):
Paul Ricard (short version), France
Aida, Japan
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Melbourne, Australia
Kyalami, South Africa
Baltimore Speedway, USA (import from GPM1; this could be really dull because it's a simple oval)
Sepang, Malaysia
Sakhir, Bahrain
Istanbul, Turkey
Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
Shanghai, China
Marina Bay, Singapore
Hockenheim (post-2001 layout), Germany
Indianapolis, USA
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Nuppiz wrote:which year should this mod start in?

I'd go with 1988. The first season of the new 3.5l engines.

Regarding the tracks, I don't have any special wishes. Just keep the Tilk-O-Dromes out, but use the Baltimore Speedway as a replacement. We really need a rejectful venue, in this rejects mod. It may also serve as a "test" for a potential CART mod.
MIA SAN MIA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ferrarist wrote:

Regarding the tracks, I don't have any special wishes. Just keep the Tilk-O-Dromes out, but use the Baltimore Speedway as a replacement. We really need a rejectful venue, in this rejects mod. It may also serve as a "test" for a potential CART mod.

No - anachronism will occur if that year is used. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:
Ferrarist wrote:

No - anachronism will occur if that year is used. :roll:

Well, the whole mod is quite anachronistic anyway (such as Osella and Fondmetal, Coloni and Andrea Moda would have never existed simultaneously, and driver ages being based on their most succesful season with the teams included instead of any absolute year), so using 1988 wouldn't be a problem in that sense. Considering my opinion on how turbo engines are simulated in GPM2, I could go with 1989 - the first modern non-turbo season. Another option would be the game's default stating season 1996, as by then none of the teams featured no longer existed (Pacific having been the last one of them to fold in 1995).
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I'd add Shanghai (and the Valencia Street Circuit if possible) to the track list, since they are among the few tracks that (either whole or in parts) got a Reject Of The Race.

The year - either leave it at 1996 as the original game or 2012.

First season track list (not in order, you can pick that yourself):
Interlagos - Hermanos Rodriguez - Imola - Catalunya - Monaco - Magny-Cours - Silverstone - Hockenheim - Monza - Estoril - Nürburgring - Brands Hatch - Hungaroring - Adalaide - Jerez - Shanghai/Valencia
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Klon wrote:I'd add Shanghai (and the Valencia Street Circuit if possible) to the track list, since they are among the few tracks that (either whole or in parts) got a Reject Of The Race.

The year - either leave it at 1996 as the original game or 2012.

First season track list (not in order, you can pick that yourself):
Interlagos - Hermanos Rodriguez - Imola - Catalunya - Monaco - Magny-Cours - Silverstone - Hockenheim - Monza - Estoril - Nürburgring - Brands Hatch - Hungaroring - Adalaide - Jerez - Shanghai/Valencia

Valencia hasn't been made by anyone yet (because street tracks are more difficult to make, and I think probably no-one wants it to exist in a mod anyway :lol: ). Shanghai is available because it was made for the 2009 Mod by IanWoollam, although it would look a bit odd amidst all of these 80s/90s tracks, and besides I have very negative opinions on most Tilke-dromes :P .

At the moment only Backmarker is actively making tracks, concentrating on older tracks for his 1985 Mod (Zandvoort, old Österreichring, Detroit Street Circuit, Dijon-Prenois), so getting any new tracks in - other than the ones listed - is just about impossible (as it's one of the few things I can't do myself).
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Alright, this is now finished! The only thing I left unedited was the sponsors, because they're really tiresome to make, and besides if I wanted to put some reject sponsors here, their logos would unsurprisingly be difficult to find. However, I did edit the TV pictures, which is something I don't do very often. I settled with 1989 as the staring year for two reasons: it was in that season where the most of the teams included were active, and also because the EXE now serves as a good base whenever I decide to update my 1989 Mod to 1.02B. :P

As for the tracks, here's the first season calendar: Interlagos, Hermanos Rodriguez, Imola, Jerez, Monaco, Montreal, Silverstone, Paul Ricard, Nürburgring, Hockenheim, Hungaroring, Spa, Monza, Estoril, Suzuka, Adelaide. The four extra tracks are Brands Hatch, Magny-Cours, Baltimore Speedway and Jacarepagua.

Anyway, here's the download link: http://www.gpm2world.com/?file_id=69
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Oh yes.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

ROTR for Pierre-Henri Raphanel for being slower than a Life! :lol:

Must be the first time I see "downpour" in qualifying, usually it's just "raining slightly".
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Fixed
Last edited by RonDenisDeletraz on 23 Apr 2012, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

You just have to download the WING32.dll from GPM2World. Note: When you have a 64-Bit System, you have to copy it into the System64 folder.

Re. the mod: Bravo Nuppiz! Once again you did some great work. It's quite refreshing to fight with Fondmetal against the likes of Onyx or Rial for the championship, apart from the usual battles between Williams, Benetton, Ferrari and Mclaren. And whenever you decide to create your next mod, I'll be following it.
MIA SAN MIA!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I must ask. As virtually the whole field failed to qualify, do they not start?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AdrianSutil wrote:I must ask. As virtually the whole field failed to qualify, do they not start?

In GPM2, only a maximum of three cars are eliminated because of failing to set a time under 107% - any others are allowed to start the race "due to exceptional circumstances". And it really seems to have been the case there!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Small patch is available: http://uploads.gpm2world.com/nuppiz/GPM ... sPatch.zip

What it does is that it fixes the bug where the Mexican GP is displayed as being in Switzerland, as I noticed in Ferrarist's campaign report.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Added a new download link in the first post, as I feel this should be experienced even by those who weren't around back in 2012.

Also stickied the topic, just because I can.

Jeez, it's been 4 years? Time sure flies...