RIP: Roberto Lippi and Rob Schroeder

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
tommykl

RIP: Roberto Lippi and Rob Schroeder

Post by tommykl »

After digging a bit in the StatsF1 agenda, I found two more recent deaths in Formula 1.

On October 31st, Roberto Lippi died. Born in 1926, he entered three Italian GPs in the early 60's, qualifying in 1961, but failing to finish. All three entries were for his own Scuderia Settecolli. In his other non -championship races, he managed two top-5 finishes before returning to Formula Junior. He died at 85.

Rest in Peace: Roberto Lippi - 17/10/1926 - 31/10/2011

On December 3rd, Rob Schroeder died. Like Lippi, he was born in 1926. He entered the 1962 United States Grand Prix in a private Lotus entered by John Mecom. He finished the race in tenth. He also finished sixth in that year's non-championship Mexico Grand Prix. He also died at 85.

Rest in Peace: Robert "Rob" Schroeder - 11/05/1926 - 03/12/2011
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Re: RIP: Roberto Lippi and Rob Schroeder

Post by Londoner »

RIP :(
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Lippi, a driver already profiled for the site, if I can recall
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

RIP to both of them
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.