F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

Post by Nuppiz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Hang on, does the Aston 24H clash with Surfers? Because Alessandro Lucarelli is entered for both at the moment.

It doesn't clash, as there's a week between the two events. I just prefer to be a bit realistic and not expect my drivers to be ready to drive on the other side of the world only a week after driving in a 24 hour endurance event. :P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:For Surfers, we'll still use the well-proven Dallara-Zytek combination. As Larsen and Kuntz are already preoccupied with the Aston 24 Hours and Hämäläinen is more than likely to drive for Fosters, we'd like to offer our cars to Jari Lappalainen, Renato Bulku and Diego Álvarez Torrente, with other offers considered as well.

Next season we'll be using a Dallara chassis and Lancia engines, with Ragnar Larsen as our lead driver. The second driver will be decided upon later, depending on how the driver market turns out.

Hang on, does the Aston 24H clash with Surfers? Because Alessandro Lucarelli is entered for both at the moment.

No, Surfers is one week after the Aston 24H:

http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2 ... n_Calendar
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Hang on, does the Aston 24H clash with Surfers? Because Alessandro Lucarelli is entered for both at the moment.

It doesn't clash, as there's a week between the two events. I just prefer to be a bit realistic and not expect my drivers to be ready to drive on the other side of the world only a week after driving in a 24 hour endurance event. :P

If Bradley Wiggins can win in the Olympics a week after the end of the Tour de France, I don't see anything stopping Lucarelli from doing both :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
andrew

Post by andrew »

Are there any teams who need a driver for next year?
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Nuppiz wrote:For Surfers, we'll still use the well-proven Dallara-Zytek combination. As Larsen and Kuntz are already preoccupied with the Aston 24 Hours and Hämäläinen is more than likely to drive for Fosters, we'd like to offer our cars to Jari Lappalainen, Renato Bulku and Diego Álvarez Torrente, with other offers considered as well.

Renato Bulku wrote:As long as my boss at ZimSport doesn't object, I gratefully accept the offer.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Having given the matter some thought, would it be possible to mate a Lancia engine to the Jones JR-302 chassis for next season, or would that be a plain stupid idea?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Having given the matter some thought, would it be possible to mate a Lancia engine to the Jones JR-302 chassis for next season, or would that be a plain stupid idea?

It would be hilarious because of the angst between the two respective manufacturers, but entirely plausible if you'd like to! I certainly have no problem with the Jones Racing Group supplying another team with chassis! :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

AndreaModa wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Having given the matter some thought, would it be possible to mate a Lancia engine to the Jones JR-302 chassis for next season, or would that be a plain stupid idea?

It would be hilarious because of the angst between the two respective manufacturers, but entirely plausible if you'd like to! I certainly have no problem with the Jones Racing Group supplying another team with chassis! :)

That was one of the reasons I suggested it, just to see Stramala/kostas' reaction :lol: However, I am seriously considering it as an option for next season.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well Octan sort of promised to give Vergne another run, so he'll get it, alongside Lamberigts.
However, i'd like to switch to the Zastava(Lancia) engines early if possible, because running that Geely is just not do-able in a series with 66 cars. Also it is nearly impossible to know how good my drivers really are (except that Lamberigts loves to crash into other drivers. In fact, this is merely a way for her to seek attention from the male drivers ;) )
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Fusion Involvement Gone Cold
The current Fusion Motorsports F3RWRS team are to follow suit with the former RoLFS outfit and rebrand to Nebula Grand Prix. It is widely believed that the Fusion operation will update its setup as it aims to produce competitive technology for use in higher divisions; if an entry emerges a division such as F2RWRS in the next few seasons, the Fusion name is expected to return. Currently, Nebula have a setup that will boost the F3 operation and it has been suggested that the recent spate of technical failures has hastened Fusion's decision to pass on their entry. In addition, an article a while ago that suggested that Nebula will become Fusion's junior operation is seemingly being proved correct.

Drivers Jiri Komárek and Jules Vergne will still drive for Nebula, however they will now be answering to Vergne's countryman Jacques Couteau, who has vowed to help ensure the operation retains its place at the front of the grid. It is not yet known if Audi engines will still be retained; a decision is expected to be made after the Surfers' SuperPrix. In addition, as Nebula is a separate entity the PepsiCo sponsorship does not apply to them. However, as with their team in the expected-to-be-named International Formula Reject Challenge they will receive sponsorship from Total, Lagardere and D'Assault Systemes in addition to personal sponsors that the drivers bring.

So yeah, Fusion Motorsports are on hiatus until an entry to F1/F2 emerges. Nebula Grand Prix are in, and race under a French license. Oooh, la-la...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Tassie Racing will enter the Surfers Superprix with the Edwards brothers.
Officially Retired
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Renato Bulku wrote:As long as my boss at ZimSport doesn't object, I gratefully accept the offer.

John Zimmer wrote:I see no problem with it, any experience in these cars before next season can only be a good thing.

2015 SURFERS SUPERPRIX ENTRY LIST

Pemberton Prospec Racing
#0 - Dan Greenlaw
#2 - Nathanael Cameron
#103 - Stan Frankham

Repsol Aeroracing Engineering Audi
#3 - Gary Pacer
#4 - Raul Souto Maior

Jones Racing
#5 - Roberto Dinella
#6 - Eric Swerts

West Cliff Racing
#7 - Jordan Davies
#8 - Peter Port
#107 - TBA (Depending on Wener's acceptance)

Takagi Racing Enterprises
#9 - Tetsuya Takagi
#10 - Hendra Naufal

Octan Young Drivers (No Lancias till next season)
#11 - Dorien Lamberigts (finally, she gets to try a SuperPrix :lol: )
#12 - Kevin Bainomugisha

Porto Wine Motorsport
#13 - Samora Mondlane
#77 - Joao Antonio Soares

Kingfisher Junior
#14 - Scott Davidson
#15 - Calvin Brooks

ZombieKart
#17 - Richard Hershall
#18 - Shane Walsh
#117 - Roberto Zayas

Peroni Parma Corse
#27 - Alessandro Lucarelli
#28 - Olafur Ragnar Hannesson
#127 - Tonu Pykälistö

ZimSport-Rosenforth
#31 - Dean Melville (Since Zimmer will be in the US)
#32 - Daniel Melville
#131 - Matt Grove

Fusion Motorsport
#33 - Marko Jantscher
#34 - Thiago Mazzacane

Gulf JCW Juniors
#52 - Tyler Buckley
#95 - Rick Simpson
#137 - Roland Davidson

Best In The World Motorsport
#40 - Judd McAllister
#41 - Jef Verbeeck

Foster's Good Call Racing
#45 - Thomas Yorke
#46 - Franc Piscine
#101 - Tommi Hamalainen

Linton-Solindahl Motorsport
#48 - Paul Travesen
#49 - Quentin Reatherson
#199 - George MacDrage

Dofasco Junior Racing
#50 - Jan Maylander
#51 - Cezary Samelko

Red Bull World Race Team
#54 - Dale Hamilton
#55 - Takuma Taki
#156 - Miguel Silva

Aegean Hydook F3RWRS Junior Team
#61 - Colin Peynirci (Ha, I remembered this time!)
#62 - Carsten Jancker

JLD Motorsport
#73 - Joel Melrose
#74 - Stephanie Brown
#173 - James Douglas

Kamaha Junior Motorsport
#78 - Nick Nurmester
#79 - Victoria Desai

Shonan Junior Racing
#87 - Joe Harmsky
#88 - Yuri Sokolov

Nurminen Racing Engineering
#91 - Jari Lappalainen
#92 - Renato Bulku
#191 - Diego Álvarez Torrente

Mazzacane Motorsport
#139 - Bob Sampson
#140 - Juan Manuel Scalabroni

Tassie Racing
#175 - Fidel Edwards
#185 - Barry Edwards

The usual: something wrong, tell me or it ends badly for everyone involved.

I have also decided that it's stupid to only let 22 cars race when I let in 60 at Monaco. However, I will use a 105% rule to ensure that slow cars don't become a nuisance, since tests have determined that lapped cars don't behave well at Surfers on GP4. So full grid, 66 at most.
Last edited by the Masked Lapwing on 14 Feb 2013, 23:09, edited 6 times in total.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Well, might as well enter James Douglas in the #173 JLD again.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

If AdrianSutil wants to run someone else in place of Brooks, I won't stop or blame him.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Considering I will hardly get a confirmation from Suomanen (he is still managed by eichy I think, and he doesn't visit PMMF often), I'm open to offers for the second Mazzacane Motorsport seat. I also still have at least one driver seat for 2016.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Silva will race again at Surfers
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Three cars, hmm? In that case our entry is as follows:
#91 Jari Lappalainen
#92 Renato Bulku
#191 Diego Álvarez Torrente
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

As usual Jones Racing will stick to a two car entry.

Sammy Jones wrote:It's been a bit of a mixed bag of results for the team this weekend, the first race was very promising, Eric made the podium once again and was unlucky to not finish any higher, whilst Roberto drove an excellent race to give him a great result. Qualifying for the second race backed up that initial promise from both drivers and we looked set to enjoy another good result but Eric's transmission packed up which is something we'll be taking up with our suppliers. Those kind of failures, especially at this time of the season, are highly undesirable. Roberto suffered an unlucky puncture near the end so I feel sorry for him but his confidence is growing and his results have shown great improvement over the year. He's gone out there and proven to me why I should be keeping him on for 2016, and alongside Nurmester, I'm confident we'll have an exciting line-up. Now however our focus is to secure second place in the constructors' championship.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:JLD
Melrose spent the time before the stops holding up everyone behind him, only letting Jantscher get away. With the strategy option taken away from him, it was luck and good straight line speed that scored him points.

And yet, he got a better result in race two than he did in the first race. How on earth does that work?

EDIT: And before I forget, JLD will exercise their option on Franc Piscine and have him as our second driver for next year, pending Pasta's approval.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 12 Feb 2013, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Rick Simpson will again be driving for Gulf JCW at Surfers, and will be nominated as a points scorer, replacing Roland Davidson.
This is a cool spot.
the Masked Lapwing

MinardiFan95 wrote:Rick Simpson will again be driving for Gulf JCW at Surfers, and will be nominated as a points scorer, replacing Roland Davidson.

So Davidson in #137 then?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The qualifying rule change means Parma Corse has changed its plans.

In further preperation for his full debut next year, Tonu Pykälistö will drive car #127.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Also Wizzie, I can't remember whether it's been mentioned previously, but I'm happy to keep the chassis/engine partnership deal going if you're happy to. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

That was one of the reasons I suggested it, just to see Stramala/kostas' reaction :lol: However, I am seriously considering it as an option for next season.

And of course, given Dallara-Lancia won the title last season and looks like they'll do it again, if you win the championship with the Jones-Lancia combo, you'll know which one of us to thank for it... ;)

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:Also Wizzie, I can't remember whether it's been mentioned previously, but I'm happy to keep the chassis/engine partnership deal going if you're happy to. :)

Works for me.

Come to think of it, there probably should be a limit on how many teams each engine manufacturer will supply as at the rate we're going, it'll just be Lancia and BMW/Mini before too long.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Also Wizzie, I can't remember whether it's been mentioned previously, but I'm happy to keep the chassis/engine partnership deal going if you're happy to. :)

Works for me.

Come to think of it, there probably should be a limit on how many teams each engine manufacturer will supply as at the rate we're going, it'll just be Lancia and BMW/Mini before too long.

This has been confirmed by the latest photos of negotiations involving IBR chairman Alasdair Lindsay;

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Wizzie wrote:Come to think of it, there probably should be a limit on how many teams each engine manufacturer will supply as at the rate we're going, it'll just be Lancia and BMW/Mini before too long.

I haven't mentioned the fact that I'm going to completely redo the engine stats for next season, have I?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Come to think of it, there probably should be a limit on how many teams each engine manufacturer will supply as at the rate we're going, it'll just be Lancia and BMW/Mini before too long.

I haven't mentioned the fact that I'm going to completely redo the engine stats for next season, have I?

Which is why Nebula have decided to wait before committing to an engine...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
andrew

Post by andrew »

pi314159 wrote:Considering I will hardly get a confirmation from Suomanen (he is still managed by eichy I think, and he doesn't visit PMMF often), I'm open to offers for the second Mazzacane Motorsport seat. I also still have at least one driver seat for 2016.

Bob Sampson is interested in the drive.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Wizzie wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:JLD
Melrose spent the time before the stops holding up everyone behind him, only letting Jantscher get away. With the strategy option taken away from him, it was luck and good straight line speed that scored him points.

And yet, he got a better result in race two than he did in the first race. How on earth does that work?

EDIT: And before I forget, JLD will exercise their option on Franc Piscine and have him as our second driver for next year, pending Pasta's approval.

Plus One naturally accept the offer
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

It's official: Takagi Racing Enterprises' F3RWRS team has been sold to the United States-based Aurico Autosport. Therefore, the livery for SuperPrix should have this logo on the nosecone and "TAKAGI R.E./AURICO AUTOSPORT" in the rear wings.

We won't enter a third driver. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Kingfisher will take Calvin Brooks if his ban is completed.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Simpson Motorsports to close Gulf JCW F3RWRS team
After one very unsuccessful season in the F3RWRS, the Simpson Motorsports group will be selling or closing the Gulf JCW Juniors team. Team owner Dave Simpson was reportedly quoted as saying that his team was going to focus mainly on F1RWRS and F2RWRS, with potentially some support to a GTR-WC team running a Saleen S7-R. This move leaves the previously signed Rick Simpson out of a drive, though he is rumoured to be stepping straight from a part time drive in F3RWRS to a full time drive in F2RWRS with his cousin's team. This also leaves Tyler Buckley and Roland Davidson out of a drive, though they were not expected to be resigned by the team for 2016.

EDIT: TMLW, you may have missed this before: Rick Simpson will again drive the third car at Surfers, however he'll be one of the drivers eligible for points, replacing Roland Davidson.
This is a cool spot.
the Masked Lapwing

MinardiFan95 wrote:
Simpson Motorsports to close Gulf JCW F3RWRS team
After one very unsuccessful season in the F3RWRS, the Simpson Motorsports group will be selling or closing the Gulf JCW Juniors team. Team owner Dave Simpson was reportedly quoted as saying that his team was going to focus mainly on F1RWRS and F2RWRS, with potentially some support to a GTR-WC team running a Saleen S7-R. This move leaves the previously signed Rick Simpson out of a drive, though he is rumoured to be stepping straight from a part time drive in F3RWRS to a full time drive in F2RWRS with his cousin's team. This also leaves Tyler Buckley and Roland Davidson out of a drive, though they were not expected to be resigned by the team for 2016.

EDIT: TMLW, you may have missed this before: Rick Simpson will again drive the third car at Surfers, however he'll be one of the drivers eligible for points, replacing Roland Davidson.

I didn't miss it, in fact right below that post I asked what number Davidson will use.

And I believe the withdrawal of Gulf JCW will give pycku a team for 2016.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:I didn't miss it, in fact right below that post I asked what number Davidson will use.

And I believe the withdrawal of Gulf JCW will give pycku a team for 2016.

How did I not notice that? :oops: Yes, Davidson will be in the #137, whilst Simpson will be in #95 again.
This is a cool spot.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

andrew wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Considering I will hardly get a confirmation from Suomanen (he is still managed by eichy I think, and he doesn't visit PMMF often), I'm open to offers for the second Mazzacane Motorsport seat. I also still have at least one driver seat for 2016.

Bob Sampson is interested in the drive.

OK, I'll give him the chance for Surfers
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Just to tidy things up a bit for next season, might I suggest car numbers in Team Championship order?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Just to tidy things up a bit for next season, might I suggest car numbers in Team Championship order?

I support this. Car numbers in championship order look tidier. And since this system is common in formula racing and also used by F1RWRS, F2RWRS and RDS, it would make sense if F3RWRS also uses this it.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I say we do numbers the pre-1996 F1 way - the championship winners have either #1 or #0 and #2, and after that allocate the numbers in pairs as you want.

So the 2016 would look like this as the points currently stand:

Prospec
#0/#1

BITW

Jones Racing

West Cliff

Takagi

Octan

Porto Wine

Kingfisher

ZombieKart

ZimSport (assuming Stramala gets all funny about having 27 and 28)

Fusion/Nebula

Good Call/+1

Linton-Solindahl

Alitalia/Parma Corse

Dofasco

RBWRT

JLD

Kamaha

Shonan

Nurminen

And then all the new entries after that. Third entries would remain as numbers above 100 as usual.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Hey! Where's Aeroracing there?