F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

Post by Klon »

Phoenix wrote:Hey! Where's Aeroracing there?

Well, he does what every reasonable person does: pretend Phoenix McAllister and his bunch of misfits don't exist. :P
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Klon wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Hey! Where's Aeroracing there?

Well, he does what every reasonable person does: pretend Phoenix McAllister and his bunch of misfits don't exist. :P

Bathplug off, you washed-out pretender!!! :twisted:
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Phoenix, would Scalabroni be available for a one-off at Surfers?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Whoops! Must have missed them off, apologies Phoenix! But that's only a suggestion, and if teams prefer different slots than the numbers listed there, perhaps there could be an option to switch if they want? (Like Alitalia wanting the #27 and #28)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Roberto Zayas will be making an F3RWRS comeback at Surfers. Can he have the #117 car?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
andrew

Post by andrew »

pi314159 wrote:
andrew wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Considering I will hardly get a confirmation from Suomanen (he is still managed by eichy I think, and he doesn't visit PMMF often), I'm open to offers for the second Mazzacane Motorsport seat. I also still have at least one driver seat for 2016.

Bob Sampson is interested in the drive.

OK, I'll give him the chance for Surfers

Deal
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

pi314159 wrote:Phoenix, would Scalabroni be available for a one-off at Surfers?

Yes.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

AndreaModa wrote:I say we do numbers the pre-1996 F1 way - the championship winners have either #1 or #0 and #2, and after that allocate the numbers in pairs as you want.

So the 2016 would look like this as the points currently stand:
ZimSport (assuming Stramala gets all funny about having 27 and 28)

There is no way I'd be letting Stramala have his favourite numbers if I can't get mine, which is why I like being the odd series out and letting teams pick their own numbers.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I say we do numbers the pre-1996 F1 way - the championship winners have either #1 or #0 and #2, and after that allocate the numbers in pairs as you want.

So the 2016 would look like this as the points currently stand:
ZimSport (assuming Stramala gets all funny about having 27 and 28)

There is no way I'd be letting Stramala have his favourite numbers if I can't get mine, which is why I like being the odd series out and letting teams pick their own numbers.

Well that's the point I made later. I'm sure the majority of teams aren't too bothered about their numbers, so those who want to pick their own can do so, within the remit of the scheme. Everyone else can be fitted around them then.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nebula may make the jump to numbers 19 & 20 then...

Also, our engine choice will be made whenever the power figures are available...we've been pleased with Audi's service and may continue with them again depending on how the engine stacks up.
Last edited by Ataxia on 16 Feb 2013, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'd like to be able to run the number 0, but seen as this is reserved for the defending Driver's champion's team, this looks impossible. My second choice of numbers is 16/17
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Might as well reserve 91 and 92 before someone else snatches them. Also, like Fusion we've decided to wait until the revised engine stats are published before confirming our supplier.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I hope the Lancia isn't made a reliable and low power engine, it goes against everything else so far. It wouldn't make any sense for it to suddenly be bulletproof but low on power...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I hope the Lancia isn't made a reliable and low power engine, it goes against everything else so far. It wouldn't make any sense for it to suddenly be bulletproof but low on power...

It would certainly bugger up FGR's chances...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Atax1a, if you wouldn't mind, can you design logos for the Plus Pne Group and Foster's Good Call Racing? The only stipulation is that can you please use red and blue for the plus one logo? Thanks. :)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Atax1a, if you wouldn't mind, can you design logos for the Plus Pne Group and Foster's Good Call Racing? The only stipulation is that can you please use red and blue for the plus one logo? Thanks. :)

I guess you've seen my concoctions on the wiki then? Yeah, sure thing...got nothing on tonight so I can do that and do eurobrun's RoLFS car at the same time.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Atax1a, if you wouldn't mind, can you design logos for the Plus Pne Group and Foster's Good Call Racing? The only stipulation is that can you please use red and blue for the plus one logo? Thanks. :)

Check yo' mail, Pasta.

(sorry for double posting, everyone...)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:

Check yo' mail, Pasta.

Before I forget, did you get JLD's livery done for 2016?

And I still can't get over just how good a job you did of MRT's 2016 F2RWRS livery.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Check yo' mail, Pasta.

Thanks a lot mate, I love them!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:

Check yo' mail, Pasta.

Before I forget, did you get JLD's livery done for 2016?

And I still can't get over just how good a job you did of MRT's 2016 F2RWRS livery.

I will endeavour to sort that tomorrow...and thank you. Personally, I'm not entirely happy with it and may make a few improvements to it.

Glad you like the logos, Pasta. :)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Fusion give verdict on experimental season
Fusion Motorsports have been something of a surprise package this season. This has been their first in an RWRS competition, and have managed to get a driver into the championship battle for most of the year. Next year they will become Nebula Grand Prix, so we caught up with team principal Jake Legge to assess 2015 as a whole.

"It's been good, hasn't it?" says the Somerset-born Brit wistfully. "Marko's been a revelation, and it's been such a shame that different failures and other problems have more or less put him out of championship contention. We take the blame for most of that; we've not had the money to keep the car reliable and thus we've handed over to Jacques [Couteau] because the boys over at Nebula have more resource. I'll still oversee things with this team, but my main attention is to get Fusion race-ready if and when an F2RWRS place becomes available."

"2015 as a whole's been a great year for us; we only expected to bed in our team in F3 and RoLFS, but we've definitely upset the pack a lot. We can build from this too, because Jules and Jiri should be a strong partnership for us next year."

"As I said, Marko's been absolutely flawless. He ought to have won a couple more races, but alas things don't always go your way. I'm really hoping he does well next season, we thought at the time that the Beirao seat was the best one going. Now...we're not so sure. Marko will give it all he's got, there's no question of that, but they've been so unreliable of late that he's started to regret not signing for Jones or someone. But if Alberto Cara can win for Beirao, if the car is good I'm sure Marko can too."

"I expected Leandro [Moreira] to do better. He was quick in pre-season, but he absolutely wilted in the races. We gave him all the support he needed, but he just fell flat. And then we hired Kuntz...oh, that was a mistake. For a German driver, he was ever so...wayward. And that hurt us a lot. As for Thiago, he's been very good too. He's just starting out, but I'm convinced he can become a top driver. I'd expect him to get a top seat somewhere, because his talent deserves it. He'd fit right in at somewhere like Prospec, or Jones. I'm not proud of the fact that we've used 4 drivers this year; I didn't expect to have to need to swap them around. But there we are."

"I just wish we'd managed to actually score something in our last four races. Most of the problems have been mechanical, but we've also had a few issues with some of the less attentive drivers...especially Kuntz. Mathematically, I think Marko can still win it...but it's very unlikely. Very."

"We've managed to get Diego in an F2 car as well. He's one of the best qualifiers I've ever seen; if he can't get a Dofasco out of prequalifying I don't know who can. A lot of the time, he was a quicker qualifier than Nathan McKane, and he's just bagged himself an F1RWRS seat. That's testament to his ability."
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

TMLW, any word on the TBA venue on the provisional calendar? As it stands the RTCC are hoping to join F3 there. :)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pi314159, I have a proposition for you.

Because I'd like to expand my IFRC entry to two cars, I'm going to move Jules Vergne to there. Could I then sign Thiago Mazzacane to partner Komárek? (I'd just need to know what sponsors he has so I know what to put on the car.)
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:pi314159, I have a proposition for you.

Because I'd like to expand my IFRC entry to two cars, I'm going to move Jules Vergne to there. Could I then sign Thiago Mazzacane to partner Komárek? (I'd just need to know what sponsors he has so I know what to put on the car.)

Thiago Mazzacane gladly accepts the offer. He brings sponsorship from YPF.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pi314159 wrote:

Cracking. I'll fill some of the other space with a few other Argentine sponsors. (I've noticed that YPF and Total kinda clash...oh well.)
the Masked Lapwing

pasta_maldonado wrote:TMLW, any word on the TBA venue on the provisional calendar? As it stands the RTCC are hoping to join F3 there. :)

At the moment, it's looking like Buenos Aires, but that is subject to change (possibly with a second round in Italy instead, at Adria. Although that might just replace Monza instead).
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
the Masked Lapwing

Also, has Laura Wener confirmed if she's driving for West Cliff at Surfers? I would like to start running it today, and it's the last bit I'm waiting on.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:TMLW, any word on the TBA venue on the provisional calendar? As it stands the RTCC are hoping to join F3 there. :)

At the moment, it's looking like Buenos Aires, but that is subject to change (possibly with a second round in Italy instead, at Adria. Although that might just replace Monza instead).

Italy would suit the RTCC better, but we'd go to Argentina if that was your decision
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Italy would suit the RTCC better

thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

pi314159 wrote:

Cracking. I'll fill some of the other space with a few other Argentine sponsors. (I've noticed that YPF and Total kinda clash...oh well.)

No problem, you can replace YPF with some other Argentine sponsors.
the Masked Lapwing

2015 Surfers SuperPrix

The big finale - the streets of the Gold Coast of Queensland play host to the four-way championship battle. Well, really a three-way battle, as Marko Jantscher needs a victory and either pole or fastest lap, plus the other three to have horrible races, to have any chance. It's not an easy task for Greenlaw, who needs to win to ensure he takes the title regardless of what Melville and Davies do, while these two ideally would like to win to be sure as well. But with a field potentially being more than 60 cars, it could be a challenge for any of them to even score...

Code: Select all

Pos Driver                     Team               Time1

1   Dan Greenlaw               Prospec            1:36.769
2   Marko Jantscher            Fusion             1:37.033
3   Eric Swerts                Jones              1:37.091
4   Joel Melrose               JLD                1:37.134
5   Dean Melville              ZimSport           1:37.601
6   Daniel Melville            ZimSport           1:37.609
7   Olafur Ragnar Hannesson    Parma Corse        1:37.840
8   Jordan Davies              West Cliff         1:37.860
9   Rick Simpson               Gulf JCW           1:37.931
10  Stan Frankham              Prospec            1:37.935
11  Bob Sampson                Mazzacane          1:38.017

12  Jef Verbeeck               BITWM              1:38.168
13  Renato Bulku               Nurminen           1:38.190
14  Matt Grove                 ZimSport           1:38.256
15  Gary Pacer                 Aeroracing         1:38.332
16  Paul Travesen              Linton-Solindahl   1:38.340
17  Roberto Dinella            Jones              1:38.423
18  Judd McAllister            BITWM              1:38.436
19  Joe Harmsky                Shonan             1:38.444
20  Jari Lappalainen           Nurminen           1:38.474
21  Nathanael Cameron          Prospec            1:38.479
22  Miguel Silva               Red Bull           1:38.551
23  Raul Souto Maior           Aeroracing         1:38.579
24  Juan Manuel Scalabroni     Mazzacane          1:38.651

25  Kevin Bainomugisha         Octan              1:38.696
26  Franc Piscine              Good Call          1:38.718
27  Shane Walsh                ZombieKart         1:38.719
28  Thiago Mazzacane           Fusion             1:38.756
29  Tommi Hamalainen           Good Call          1:38.795
30  Stephanie Brown            JLD                1:38.801
31  Takuma Taki                Red Bull           1:38.803
32  George MacDrage            Linton-Solindahl   1:38.885
33  Dorien Lamberigts          Octan              1:38.919
34  Carsten Jancker            Hydook             1:38.928
35  Quentin Reatherson         Linton-Solindahl   1:38.945
36  Victoria Desai             Kamaha             1:39.057
37  Roland Davidson            Gulf JCW           1:39.070

38  Hendra Naufal              Takagi             1:39.112
39  Nick Nurmester             Kamaha             1:39.141
40  Richard Hershall           ZombieKart         1:39.145
41  Thomas Yorke               Good Call          1:39.174
42  Tonu Pykalisto             Parma Corse        1:39.255
43  Scott Davidson             Kingfisher         1:39.361
44  Peter Port                 West Cliff         1:39.459
45  Diego Alvarez Torrente     Nurminen           1:39.525
46  Colin Peynirci             Hydook             1:39.706
47  Tetsuya Takagi             Takagi             1:39.745
48  Alessandro Lucarelli       Parma Corse        1:39.753
49  Calvin Brooks              Kingfisher         1:39.874
50  Dale Hamilton              Red Bull           1:40.013

51  Laura Wener                West Cliff         1:40.085
52  Roberto Zayas              ZombieKart         1:40.095
53  James Douglas              JLD                1:40.349
54  Tyler Buckley              Gulf JCW           1:40.548
55  Cezary Samelko             Dofasco            1:41.252
56  Joao Antonio Soares        Porto Wine         1:41.255
57  Samora Mondlane            Porto Wine         1:41.334

105% time:                                        1:41.607
DNQ Yuri Sokolov               Shonan             1:42.213
DNQ Jan Maylander              Dofasco            1:42.587
DNQ Fidel Edwards              Tassie             1:44.968
DNQ Barry Edwards              Tassie             1:45.656

And that does it for Jantscher, a mere 3 tenths putting Greenlaw too far ahead in the championship now. The race hasn't even started and we're down to three. In fact, it seems like a difficult proposition for his other rivals, with Daniel Melville embarassingly being outqualified by his twin brother, and Jordan Davies even further behind. And factoring in Eric Swerts, who will desperate to take something out of this season, and Joel Melrose, who is difficult to pass at the best of times, it becomes that much easier for Greenlaw.

As for the rest of the field, Stan Frankham pulled out a mammoth lap to put his Prospec well ahead of Nathanael Cameron, with Bob Sampson trying to get back in the fram for a drive somewhere. Rick Simpson, Renato Bulku and Matt Grove were also very impressive, as well as Lappalainen to get two NREs in the top 20.

Further back was business as usual. The first four drivers to fall to the 105% rule ahead of its permanent use next season were, predictably, the two Tassies, Jan Maylander and Yuri Sokolov. Maylander did his best to hold back the two Porto Wines and force them out too, but they both scraped in. The only other blocking case in the session was Tetsuya Takagi on Quentin Reatherson, mostly through the final sector where there wasn't much room.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jordan Davies wrote:Aaaahhhh, nooo! That's not good enough! :(
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Ah, a shame that it's over for Marko now...

Not sure what Diego's doing that far back, considering he's supposed to be a boss at qualifying...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Ah, a shame that it's over for Marko now...

Not sure what Diego's doing that far back, considering he's supposed to be a boss at qualifying...

There's only one boss at qualifying and thats Martin van der Maeyede! :lol:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Considering Diego got the most poles in RoLFS this season and managed to qualify for the Nippon 200 (with a car not suited at all to the track) without a bailout might suggest he holds some bossliness...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Considering Diego got the most poles in RoLFS this season and managed to qualify for the Nippon 200 (with a car not suited at all to the track) without a bailout might suggest he holds some bossliness...

True, but considering a Kingfisher F3 car has hardly appeared in the top 10 in quali at all without MVDM driving suggest that he holds more bosliness... :lol: ;)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:There's only one boss at qualifying and thats Martin van der Maeyede! :lol:
True, but considering a Kingfisher F3 car has hardly appeared in the top 10 in quali at all without MVDM driving suggest that he holds more bosliness... :lol: ;)

They've had Brooks for most of year though, and he's just rubbish! :lol:
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Considering Diego got the most poles in RoLFS this season and managed to qualify for the Nippon 200 (with a car not suited at all to the track) without a bailout might suggest he holds some bossliness...

They've had Brooks for most of year though, and he's just rubbish! :lol:

He better not be, Acura hired him for IFRC! :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

West Cliffs in 8th, 44th and 51st? At least the championship contending driver is the one who qualified near the front. But next year's drivers that far down? It just isn't good enough. There had better be improvement over the weekend and the off-season...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:West Cliffs in 8th, 44th and 51st? At least the championship contending driver is the one who qualified near the front. But next year's drivers that far down? It just isn't good enough. There had better be improvement over the weekend and the off-season...

I guess that proves how ridiculously good Jordan Davies is, dragging a car which apparently can't qualify well up to multiple poles and wins... This is totally not me angling for better stats in F2RWRS, I swear...
Everything's great.