F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
dr-baker

Re: F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:West Cliffs in 8th, 44th and 51st? At least the championship contending driver is the one who qualified near the front. But next year's drivers that far down? It just isn't good enough. There had better be improvement over the weekend and the off-season...

I guess that proves how ridiculously good Jordan Davies is, dragging a car which apparently can't qualify well up to multiple poles and wins... This is totally not me angling for better stats in F2RWRS, I swear...

He's the one that made me think that West Cliff have been doing alright this year...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Haha look at Frankham! That deserves a part-time drive in F3RWRS next year WarrenHughes! ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Wow, I never even knew this quali happened before the forum downtime. Great job by Frankham, he's first reserve next year if anything happens to Cameron or Einhrin with a view to a full-time seat in 2017 as long as he doesn't disgrace himself in next year's RDS. And at the front Greenlaw's pole means 2nd place to Melville would be enough for the title, as long as Melville doesn't get the fastest lap.

I mentioned this in the chatroom a while back, but it would be great to have a traditional-style race report - where we find out about events as they happen and don't know the result until the end - just for this race.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

If you want him to get some experience, Mazzacane Motorsport has still two free cockpits.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Swerts signs for Fosters' Good Call Racing

After a second successful season in F3RWRS, bringing five podiums to the Belgian and an almost certain top-six finish, his preferred path to the Gillet ENB F2RWRS team depended on Gregor Pascal's decision to leave the team or not.

As it turned out, the decision wasn't a factor, as Eric volunteered to take the second car at Fosters' Good Call Racing in order to launch a third and final attempt at the F3RWRS championship in 2016 before moving up to the next level in time for the 2017 season, by which time the Namurois will be 25 years old.

The deal was struck in the chatroom.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Warren Hughes wrote:Wow, I never even knew this quali happened before the forum downtime. Great job by Frankham, he's first reserve next year if anything happens to Cameron or Einhrin with a view to a full-time seat in 2017 as long as he doesn't disgrace himself in next year's RDS. And at the front Greenlaw's pole means 2nd place to Melville would be enough for the title, as long as Melville doesn't get the fastest lap.

I mentioned this in the chatroom a while back, but it would be great to have a traditional-style race report - where we find out about events as they happen and don't know the result until the end - just for this race.

FGCR would like to offer Dan Greenlaw a F2RWRS contract for next year, see the F2 thread for details. :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pi314159 wrote:If you want him to get some experience, Mazzacane Motorsport has still two free cockpits.

I was going to offer Hiroto Tojo, but I wanted him to be in F2RWRS instead. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I Will say that anyone here is entitled to take Thomas Yorke on; he recently won a race for Good Call but I've left him High and Dry as I wanted him off my quota for 2016. Feel free to use him, but it'll be No Surprises if he is left In Limbo.

He's on your list of drivers if you use him, not mine.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:I Will say that anyone here is entitled to take Thomas Yorke on; he recently won a race for Good Call but I've left him High and Dry as I wanted him off my quota for 2016. Feel free to use him, but it'll be No Surprises if he is left In Limbo.

Seeing as I have two slots still left to spare, I could take him on. Expecially as this time it's not a former Alitalia driver. :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:
Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:I Will say that anyone here is entitled to take Thomas Yorke on; he recently won a race for Good Call but I've left him High and Dry as I wanted him off my quota for 2016. Feel free to use him, but it'll be No Surprises if he is left In Limbo.

Seeing as I have two slots still left to spare, I could take him on. Expecially as this time it's not a former Alitalia driver. :lol:

Super, means he's not gonna Give Up the Ghost just yet. If he's Lucky, he might just manage to Creep into a decent seat...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:Wow, I never even knew this quali happened before the forum downtime. Great job by Frankham, he's first reserve next year if anything happens to Cameron or Einhrin with a view to a full-time seat in 2017 as long as he doesn't disgrace himself in next year's RDS. And at the front Greenlaw's pole means 2nd place to Melville would be enough for the title, as long as Melville doesn't get the fastest lap.

FGCR would like to offer Dan Greenlaw a F2RWRS contract for next year, see the F2 thread for details. :)

Likewise, Jones will match FGCR's offer, as I've alluded to previously I believe.

pi314159 wrote:If you want him to get some experience, Mazzacane Motorsport has still two free cockpits.

Do you mean Frankham? He's already signed to V-Sport in the RDS for 2016 I'm afraid mate, and is Prospec's reserve in F3RWRS.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Likewise, Jones will match FGCR's offer, as I've alluded to previously I believe.

Alasdair Lindsay wrote:HA! As if the champion-elect would settle for second rate machinery...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Likewise, Jones will match FGCR's offer, as I've alluded to previously I believe.

Alasdair Lindsay wrote:HA! As if the champion-elect would settle for second rate machinery...

Second rate? I'd like to point out that Jones machinery has been on the podium in every series it's entered, and this year's F3RWRS season and the 2014 RoFLS season are the only two so far to have not had a Jones driver on the top step of the podium! You can't get much better than that! ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Second rate? I'd like to point out that Jones machinery has been on the podium in every series it's entered, and this year's F3RWRS season and the 2014 RoFLS season are the only two so far to have not had a Jones driver on the top step of the podium! You can't get much better than that! ;)

Thanks for the history lesson Jones. Meanwhile, back in the present, Alitalia has 4 wins and their drivers 2nd and 4th in the championship. 1st in the teams championship, while Jones is...uhm...6th...yeah, really nice performance there!

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Alrighty then, I'd like to immediately offer Thomas Yorke to Mazzacane Motorsport, seeing as they look to be one of the more promising outfits that still have vacant seats.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

AndreaModa wrote:Second rate? I'd like to point out that Jones machinery has been on the podium in every series it's entered, and this year's F3RWRS season and the 2014 RoFLS season are the only two so far to have not had a Jones driver on the top step of the podium! You can't get much better than that! ;)

Thanks for the history lesson Jones. Meanwhile, back in the present, Alitalia has 4 wins and their drivers 2nd and 4th in the championship. 1st in the teams championship, while Jones is...uhm...6th...yeah, really nice performance there!

History. Prestige. Two words Scum-eria Alitalia will never have associated with them. Besides, the performance in F2RWRS has been hampered by Shioya's woeful ineptitude, seeing as 90% of the team's points are Hawkin's. Had Rueckert been in the car all year they'd have probably beaten Alitalia hands down!

Anyway, get on track kid, this is the F3RWRS thread! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Nuppiz wrote:Alrighty then, I'd like to immediately offer Thomas Yorke to Mazzacane Motorsport, seeing as they look to be one of the more promising outfits that still have vacant seats.

And he is one of the more promising drivers left, so he's signed. For the second cockpit, the offer to Rick Simpson is still open, if he signes elsewhere, I'll probably just promote Suomanen to F3.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pi314159 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Alrighty then, I'd like to immediately offer Thomas Yorke to Mazzacane Motorsport, seeing as they look to be one of the more promising outfits that still have vacant seats.

And he is one of the more promising drivers left, so he's signed. For the second cockpit, the offer to Rick Simpson is still open, if he signes elsewhere, I'll probably just promote Suomanen to F3.

Either of you, feel free to flesh out his article on the wiki a bit. I'll try and give him a driver portrait too.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Either of you, feel free to flesh out his article on the wiki a bit. I'll try and give him a driver portrait too.

As he is technically "my" driver now, I think it's my responsibility to make the article look nice and tidy. I'll add him an infobox and F3RWRS results table soon. A portrait is most welcome, as I suck at making those myself (which explains why all of my pictured drivers to date are former Alitalia drivers...).
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
pi314159 wrote:

Either of you, feel free to flesh out his article on the wiki a bit. I'll try and give him a driver portrait too.

I'd like t say that FGCR would have happily renewed Yorke's contrast had other arrangements not been made. Still, hopefully +1 and NRE can team up in the future, as that's a link Luke Knight is reportedly interested in improving.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:

History. Prestige. Two words Scum-eria Alitalia will never have associated with them. Besides, the performance in F2RWRS has been hampered by Shioya's woeful ineptitude, seeing as 90% of the team's points are Hawkin's. Had Rueckert been in the car all year they'd have probably beaten Alitalia hands down!

Anyway, get on track kid, this is the F3RWRS thread! :lol:

One last derailment...

History. Prestige. Something Prospec have in spades. Sure, they're winning in F3RWRS, but where are they in F1RWRS at the moment, hmmm? Same goes for Gillet. Reputation is worthless if your team is shite.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
pi314159 wrote:And he is one of the more promising drivers left, so he's signed. For the second cockpit, the offer to Rick Simpson is still open, if he signes elsewhere, I'll probably just promote Suomanen to F3.

I'd like t say that FGCR would have happily renewed Yorke's contrast had other arrangements not been made. Still, hopefully +1 and NRE can team up in the future, as that's a link Luke Knight is reportedly interested in improving.

Well, I intended on retiring him but seeing as there's a lot of slots available I thought I'd make him a free agent for everyone.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

If anyone wants to dump a driver in the second RBWRT seat then they are signes
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Right, now that the forums have returned, it's time for:

2015 Surfers SuperPrix - Race
With 57 cars and a chicane for a first corner, it was expected that chaos would ensue, but apart from a few touches in the middle of the pack, everyone got through cleanly. It took until the turn 8 chicanes on the back straight for it all to go wrong. Rick Simpson, missed the first apex defending from Paul Travesen. Once a car goes wide, it's not a question of if they'll spin, but how many cars they'll hold up as a result. Simpson's spin caught out McAllister, Naufal and Torrente, but these three wound up off the track. Simpson didn't, right in the middle of the track. Shane Walsh hit him, but he had fast enough reflexes to slow down and neither suffered any damage. However, this slowed the pack right down, with lots of cars making minor contact. The worst of it was between the Porto Wines, when Soares, the last car into the melee, ran into the back of Mondlane, putting him into the fence and out of the race. It became worse fo Gulf just ahead, when Thomas Yorke hit Tyler Buckley causing him to spin and cause more chaos.

The end result was that the field was split in two, with Dan Greenlaw and co. miles ahead. This was a large benefit for Renato Bulku, who made a blinding start and managed to lead the first lap of the race, with a light fuel load, as he was on a 3-stopper. It didn't last long, with Eric Swerts passing Greenlaw into turn 3 and Bulku into 9 to take the lead of the race on lap 2.

That saw much less damage, although there were still a few problems, such as Matt Grove catching air at turn 1 after a botched overtaking move on Miguel Silva, while at the 5/6 chicane, Souto Maior understeered into the fence, fortunately taking no significant damage, while Victoria Desai locked up and cut the corner.

That was about it for calm, as at the first chicane the following lap, the third contender for the title lost it. Marko Jantscher, having been ruled out yesterday, tried to defend his position from Jordan Davies. It was mostly Davies' fault, as he launched the move from way too far back and Jantscher had no chance to see him. While Jantscher cut the corner and continued, Davies spun and stopped on track. Joel Melrose and Daniel Melville behind them got past safely, but Olafur Ragnar Hannesson didn't. This was because Davies had moved to try and turn around, but the marshalls told him the track was clear. End result, he moves forwards right as Hannesson comes around the corner and both lose front wings.

That wasn't it though. The sudden stop ahead forced Harmsky and Pacer to slow, and this time it was Roberto Dinella caught unawares, as he drove into the back of Pacer, destroying the Aeroracing's rear wing and his own front wing.

Up ahead, there were more consequences. Jantscher had lost ground to Melrose, and at turn 3 he went down the inside of the Austrian, but failed miserably. Jantscher went straight on into the fence, and out the race, while Melrose gave Melville a shot at the title when he slowed and gave him a free pass. The overall effect was the field became one again, except for the first few cars. However, it was split a bit when Taki almost spun at turn 8, while MacDrage did.

Lap 4 saw more contact, at turn 5 between Taki and Desai. The Kamaha had tried to go down the inside, but Taki moved across under brakes. Desai spun onto the track, while Taki cut turn 6. Most of the following cars get past without problems, except for Richard Hershall, who had locked his brakes into turn 5 and run wide, hitting Desai and sending them both for a trip down pit lane.

But that wasn't the end of it. The collision righted Desai, and the two of them set off down towards turn 8. The problem was that they still had much faster traffic going past, and caused massive problems at the chicane. Under braking, Desai swerved and forced Hendra Naufal and Tyler Buckley to take evasive action, sending the both spinning, as well as Desai. Takagi had to dodge Hershall, but did a good job at saving the spin, even if she hit Naufal anyway. McAllister also got caught up, also saved a spin, and didn't hit anyone. Further back, Matt Grove also spun, but on his own.

It kept going on lap 5, with Stan Frankham's decent race being ruined by contact with Lappalainen, his resulting spin dropping him way down the order. But the race changed a turn 8, when Eric Swerts spun out from the lead. He simply went in too quickly and lost control, nearly taking out Bulku and Greenlaw.

Lap 6 got worse for Jones Racing, with Dinella spinning at turn 8. It got worse for Davies too, who was collected by Dinella and hit by Pacer as well. It was the lap of the next retirement, in a similar fashion to Jantscher's end, when Peter Port put Calvin Brooks into the turn 3 fence. Scott Davidson met a similar end the following lap thanks to Lucarelli.

Roland Davidson had a scary moment when he botched a passing attempt on MacDrage at turn 1 on lap 7, launching himself onto two wheels and backing into the fence hard. He managed to continue, slowly and with no rear wing, back to the pits.

Things continued on the next lap, with Piscine and Silva spinning, almost taking Pykalisto out. Carsten Jancker ended his race in the fence at the exit of turn 11, simply understeering and not even bothering to save it.

The race started to calm down after that, apart from the more occasional spin at turn 8. By lap 11, the pit stops began. The field was mostly split between one and two, except for a few brave souls doing three. This probably explained Bulku's pace, despite having fallen back behind Greenlaw. Pykalisto, Silva, Peynirci and Dean Melville opened the cycle on lap 11, followed by Bulku, Frakham and Yorke. Before the cycle, it had been Greenlaw leading from Bulku and Melville, but the last two pitting meant Greenlaw, on a two-stopper, had a 16 second lead from Swerts.

Lamberigts and Reatherson were the next two retirements, with transmission problems and a puncture respectively, while Scalabroni had a minor stuff up at turn 8, hitting Wener and the wall but not breaking anything.

It stayed pretty much constant up front until Greenlaw came in for his first stop, looking like a two-stopper. Swerts stayed out, on a one-stopper, with a 9 second advantage. Then it was daylight back to where Melville and Bulku had come out, around Melrose and Souto Maior. Bulku got out in front of the JLD, Melville behind, and he spent most of the stint there.

Lap 20 saw another mistake from Scalabroni at turn 1, while there was another scary crash further behind, when Soares tried to Samelko. Like Davidson, he went up high on two wheels, but didn't drive it out of the fence, while Samelko lost a front wing.

More pitstops followed, including the one-stoppers and the second stops for the three-stoppers. Swerts, however, stayed out, going as long as possible. Lap 24 saw Jordan Davies in another incident. Greenlaw had lapped Lucarelli, and Davies tried to take advantage into turn 9. Lucarelli was unaware and moved across again, only to get sent into the fence, losing his front wing.

The following lap the championship was all but over on lap 25 when Daniel Melville, having stopped 8 laps earlier, came to a halt at turn 1 when a wheel worked itself loose. With Davies nowhere and Greenlaw running second, that was pretty much that.

The next lap, Davies did his best to change that though. He'd unlapped himself from Greenlaw and was doing his best to hold him up, but a spin at turn 8 meant he ruined that, and very nearly took Greenlaw out of the race. Fortunately for the American, he dodged it, while Davies spun into the fence and lost his front wing. While this went on, James Douglas parked at the 5/6 chicane with rear suspension problems.

By the late 20s, the two stoppers came in for the final time, along with the one stoppers who hadn't needed to stop yet, including Swerts, who pitted for the only time on lap 27, giving Greenlaw the lead. It didn't last long as Greenlaw stopped on lap 32, putting them on equal fuel loads and similar tyre life, with a 9 second advantage to Swerts.

Finally the three stoppers came in, along with Takuma Taki who had an electrical issue. Lap 34 saw contact at turn 8, with Joel Melrose losing control and collecting Cameron. The Prospec spun, while Melrose only just failed at keeping his car out of the fence, but after engaging reverse, both continued on their way. Torrente and Silva came together on the following lap at turn 1, with Torrente locking his brakes and driving into the Red Bull, sending himself into the air.

With less than 10 laps to go, Swerts held a 9 second lead over Greenlaw, which looked set to stay that way by the end. Then there was a large gap filled with lapped cars back to Travesen, followed by Bulku, Wener, Verbeeck and Piscine, all in tight formation. On lap 38, the 4 came to lap Roland Davidson. Bulku got through at turn 5/6, but he wasn't particularly kind to Wener, blocking her quite badly, then almost stopping to let the others through. Verbeeck drafted past Wener just after turn 8, while Piscine made a move at turn 9, costing her two positions.

Now in its final stages, the race had calmed down, with the only action from Wener trying to make back those spots, Dean Melville and Joe Harmsky fighting for top 15 spots, and Takuma Taki and Rick Simpson fighting in the midfield, a lap down. This battle ended on lap 40 when Simpson moved across to defend into turn 3, catching Taki out, who punted Simpson into the fence, ending a fairly miserable day for him.

The following lap the Melville/Harmsky battle ended with Harmsky in the wall at turn 1, when the Aussie launched a late dive. Harmsky left no room, and the ZimSport got air while Harmsky spun into the inside wall.

And that was it. Eric Swerts maintained the gap to take his first victory of the year (finally), by 9.4 seconds over Dan Greenlaw, who wrapped up the championship easily. Paul Travesen took a podium, a minute later, while Bulku took an impressive 4th for Nurminen, with a podium possibly being stolen by poor strategy. Behind it was the tightly packed Verbeeck, Piscine, Wener and Cameron, who had gained massive amounts of time in the final laps, with Souto Maior and Lappalainen rounding out the top 10, and the points. However, as Laura Wener was driving the third West Cliff, they did not score any points as a result, and thus with Melrose in 11th, JLD score a point.

Results

Code: Select all

Pos  Driver                     Team                  Time/Retired         Gap          Pit

1    Eric Swerts                Jones                 1:14:33.981          45 LAPS      1
2    Dan Greenlaw               Prospec               1:14:43.448          +    9.467   2
3    Paul Travesen              Linton-Solindahl      1:15:40.873          + 1:06.892   2
4    Renato Bulku               Nurminen              1:15:52.064          + 1:18.083   3
5    Jef Verbeeck               BITWM                 1:15:54.159          + 1:20.178   1
6    Franc Piscine              Good Call             1:15:54.577          + 1:20.596   1
7    Laura Wener                West Cliff            1:15:54.585          + 1:20.604   1
8    Nathanael Cameron          Prospec               1:15:54.970          + 1:20.989   1
9    Raul Souto Maior           Aeroracing            1:16:00.495          + 1:26.514   2
10   Jari Lappalainen           Nurminen              1:16:01.309          + 1:27.328   2
11   Joel Melrose               JLD                   1:16:01.683          + 1:27.702   1

12   Shane Walsh                ZombieKart            1:16:01.802          + 1:27.821   2
13   Dean Melville              ZimSport              1:16:09.304          + 1:35.323   3
14   Tommi Hamalainen           Good Call             1:16:09.934          + 1:35.953   2
15   Nick Nurmester             Kamaha                1:16:12.207          + 1:38.226   1
16   Bob Sampson                Mazzacane             1:16:16.805          + 1:42.824   2
17   Tonu Pykalisto             Parma Corse           1:16:20.595          + 1:47.614   3
18   Juan Manuel Scalabroni     Mazzacane             1:16:29.350          + 1.55.369   2
19   Judd McAllister            BITWM                 1:16:31.154          + 1:57.173   1
20   George MacDrage            Linton-Solindahl                           +1 LAP       2
21   Thiago Mazzacane           Fusion                                     +1 LAP       1
22   Stephanie Brown            JLD                                        +1 LAP       1
23   Diego Alvarez Torrente     Nurminen                                   +1 LAP       2
24   Matt Grove                 ZimSport                                   +1 LAP       2

25   Peter Port                 West Cliff                                 +1 LAP       2
26   Dale Hamilton              Red Bull                                   +1 LAP       1
27   Thomas Yorke               Good Call                                  +1 LAP       3
28   Takuma Taki                Red Bull                                   +1 LAP       3
29   Victoria Desai             Kamaha                                     +1 LAP       3
30   Roberto Dinella            Jones                                      +1 LAP       2
31   Gary Pacer                 Aeroracing                                 +1 LAP       2
32   Jordan Davies              West Cliff                                 +1 LAP       4
33   Kevin Bainomugisha         Octan                                      +1 LAP       1
34   Olafur Ragnar Hannesson    Parma Corse                                +1 LAP       2
35   Alessandro Lucarelli       Parma Corse                                +1 LAP       3
36   Tyler Buckley              Gulf JCW                                   +1 LAP       2
37   Tetsuya Takagi             Takagi                                     +1 LAP       1

38   Colin Peynirci             Hydook                                     +1 LAP       3
39   Hendra Naufal              Takagi                                     +1 LAP       2
40   Richard Hershall           ZombieKart                                 +1 LAP       3
41   Miguel Silva               Red Bull                                   +1 LAP       3
42   Roland Davidson            Gulf JCW                                   +1 LAP       2
43   Stan Frankham              Prospec                                    +1 LAP       3
44   Roberto Zayas              ZombieKart                                 +1 LAP       1
45   Cezary Samelko             Dofasco                                    +2 LAPS      3
46*  Joe Harmsky                Shonan                Accident (L41)       +5 LAPS      1
47*  Rick Simpson               Gulf JCW              Collision (L40)      +6 LAPS      1
DNF  James Douglas              JLD                   Suspension (L26)                  1
DNF  Daniel Melville            ZimSport              Loose Wheel (L25)                 1
DNF  Joao Antonio Soares        Porto Wine            Collision (L20)                   2

DNF  Quentin Reatherson         Linton-Solindahl      Puncture (L13)                    0
DNF  Dorien Lamberigts          Octan                 Transmission (L11)                0
DNF  Carsten Jancker            Hydook                Accident (L8)                     0
DNF  Scott Davidson             Kingfisher            Collision (L7)                    0
DNF  Calvin Brooks              Kingfisher            Collision (L6)                    0
DNF  Marko Jantscher            Fusion                Collision (L3)                    0
DNF  Samora Mondlane            Porto Wine            Collision (L1)                    0

Fastest lap: Jordan Davies (1:37.196)

Final standings, stewards report and pictures will be coming when I get home from school.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

That's just f**king ridiculous. I've got half a mind just to can the f**king team just to save us from more misfortune. Pisstake.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jordan Davies wrote:Yeah... yeah, that was pretty terrible. :| I was doing well at first, but then I was trying to pass Marko and I guess he didn't see me because he moved over, and we crashed. I kinda knew then that was pretty much me done for the championship, so I was from then on just pushing to go as fast as I could. Which is why I kinda got caught up in more crashes... I'm really sorry about the crash with Dan, I had no idea it was him, I kinda blanked everything out and was just going fast, too fast I guess. I'm also really sorry to Pippa and the team, we probably should've been at least 3rd in this race, I think, and I totally screwed that up. :(
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
the Masked Lapwing

Drivers' Championship
1st: Dan Greenlaw - 108
2nd: Daniel Melville - 87.5
3rd: Jordan Davies - 84.5
4th: Eric Swerts - 71
5th: Marko Jantscher - 69
6th: Nathanael Cameron - 53
7th: Raul Souto Maior - 40
8th: Paul Travesen - 32
9th: Joel Melrose - 30.5
10th: Victoria Desai - 30
11th: Ryan Zimmer - 29
12th: Quentin Reatherson - 23
13th: Franc Piscine - 22
14th: Judd McAllister - 14
15th: Shane Walsh - 13
=16th: Thomas Yorke - 10 (1 win)
=16th: Renato Bulku - 10 (1 4th)
=16th: Dorien Lamberigts - 10 (1 5th, 2 6ths)
=16th: Peter Port - 10 (1 5th, 1 7th)
20th: Alessandro Lucarelli - 9
21st: Jef Verbeeck - 8
22nd: Olafur Ragnar Hannesson - 6
=23rd: Gary Pacer - 5 (1 4th)
=23rd: Roberto Dinella - 5 (1 6th)
=25th: Stephanie Brown - 4 (1 7th, 1 10th)
=25th: Laura Wener - 4 (1 7th)
=27th: Dale Hamilton - 3 (1 6th)
=27th: Leandro Moreira - 3 (1 7th, 1 10th)
=27th: Joao Antonio Soares - 3 (1 7th, 1 12th)
30th: Nobushige Fukuda - 2
=31st: Nick Nurmester - 1 (1 8th, 1 9th)
=31st: Diego Mauricio Batistuta - 1 (1 8th, 1 13th)
=31st: Stefan Kuntz - 1 (1 8th, 1 17th)
=31st: Jari Lappalainen - 1 (1 10th)
Dan Greenlaw is 2015 F3RWRS Drivers' Champion.

Teams' Championship
1st: Pemberton Prospec Racing - 161
2nd: ZimSport-Rosenforth - 116.5
3rd: West Cliff Racing - 94.5
4th: Jones Racing - 76
5th: Gatorade Fusion Motorsport - 73
6th: Linton-Solindahl Motorsports - 55
7th: Repsol Aeroracing Engineering Audi - 47
8th: JLD Motorsport - 37.5
9th: Foster's Good Call Racing - 32
10th: Kamaha Junior Motorsport - 31
11th: Best In The Word Motorsport - 24
12th: Peroni Parma Corse - 15
13th: ZombieKart - 14
14th: Nurminen Racing Engineering - 11
15th: Octan Young Drivers - 10
=16th: Red Bull World Race Team - 3 (1 6th)
=16th: Porto Wine Motorsport - 3 (1 7th)
Pemberton Prospec Racing are the 2015 F3RWRS Teams' Champions.

Constructors' Championship (with 24 points maximum)
1st: Dallara - 202
2nd: Jones - 119
3rd: Fusion - 94
4th: Linton-Solindahl - 83.5
6th: Plus One - 60.5
5th: Kamaha - 60
7th: Aeroracing - 58
8th: Zytek - 48
9th: Red Bull - 22.5
10th: Vaillante - 19
11th: Suzuki - 15
12th: Kingfisher - 10
13th: Porto Wine - 7
=14th: Hydook - 3 (1 6th)
=14th: Simpson - 3 (1 7th)
16th: Takagi - 2
17th: Dofasco - 0
Dallara have won the 2015 F3RWRS Constructors' Championship.

STEWARDS' REPORT
MATTERS ARISING FROM QUALIFYING:
There were no issues.

MATTERS ARISING FROM RACE:
Car #73 (J. Melrose) given 45 penalty points for causing an avoidable collision with Car #33 (M. Jantscher).
Car #55 (T. Taki) given 45 penalty points for causing an avoidable collision with Car #79 (V. Desai).
Car #79 (V. Desai) given 30 penalty points for dangerous driving with a damaged car.

TOTAL PENALTY POINTS
D. Lamberigts - 270
J. Melrose - 255 (2 event ban)
I. Pitea - 220
C. Brooks - 185
T. Buckley - 180
S. Brown - 180
J. Cabral - 165
H. Naufal - 180
V. Desai - 165 (1 event ban)
A. Horford - 155
J. Maylander - 140
L. Moreira - 135
B. Ristic - 135
T. Takagi - 135
R. Zimmer - 120
K. Bainomugisha - 115
S. Davidson - 110
M. Jantscher - 95
M. van der Maeyede - 90
P. Travesen - 90
J. Verbeeck - 90
T. Taki - 90
R. Zayas - 85
A. Lucarelli - 75
Y. Sokolov - 75
S. Garfunkel - 70
C. Samelko - 70
J. McAllister - 65
R. Hershall - 65
F. Piscine - 45
S. Mondlane - 45
E. Swerts - 45
H. Tojo - 45
D. Batistuta - 45
D. Melville - 45
S. Kuntz - 45
R. Souto Maior - 45
S. Walsh - 45
N. Nurmester - 45
D. Hamilton - 45
L. Crescenzi - 40
J. Harmsky - 25
P. Port - 20

Joel Melrose has passed 250 penalty points and will be banned for two events. If he does not race in F3RWRS next season, the Commission will encourage the appropriate party to give an equivalent sanction.
Victoria Desai has passed 150 penalty points and will be banned for one event. If she does not race in F3RWRS next season, the Commission will encourage the appropriate party to give an equivalent sanction.
All driver penalty points will be rest to 0 at the start of next season.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
the Masked Lapwing

Also, pictures! Ignore the positions and any cars that should be there.

That ends the 2015 season, I'll probably start a new thread for 2016 at some point, with rule changes etc. Until then, let the silly season continue!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Gary Cameron, in between slugs of champagne wrote:Well, that couldn't have gone any better. I decided to come here instead of going to Brazil, because I wanted to support our team and drivers on such a crucial weekend. Everything just fell into our hands in the end, but we deserve it - Dan has been magnificent this year and he's got himself a wonderful opportunity now with Alitalia; I think he could go on to be the best American there's ever been in the RWRS. And Nathanael's done a great job this year too, hopefully he can get a bit more consistent next year and fight for the drivers' championship. Another Prospec title! 3 in a row! Let's go for it, yeah!
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jordan Davies wrote:Yeah... yeah, that was pretty terrible. :| I was doing well at first, but then I was trying to pass Marko and I guess he didn't see me because he moved over, and we crashed. I kinda knew then that was pretty much me done for the championship, so I was from then on just pushing to go as fast as I could. Which is why I kinda got caught up in more crashes... I'm really sorry about the crash with Dan, I had no idea it was him, I kinda blanked everything out and was just going fast, too fast I guess. I'm also really sorry to Pippa and the team, we probably should've been at least 3rd in this race, I think, and I totally screwed that up. :(
Pippa Mann wrote:Well, some positives to take from this is that you ended up with fastest lap of the race, which showed that there was potential there, it was just a set of unfortunate circumstances. And third in both the drivers' and teams' championship was more than I dreamed was possible at the start of the season with a debut team and a debut driver, so there is still a lot to take away from this.

And as for next season? Well, obviously we are sad to lose Jordan Davies as I reckon the title would have been ours for the taking. But I understand his desire to move onwards and upwards with his career. Who knows what the future holds? Davies for Foxdale by the end of the decade? And in Peter Port and Laura Wener, we seem to have some good racers who can make their way through the field, despite being poor qualifiers (which clearly leaves them exposed to startline incidents). We will work with them over the winter to improve their qualifying performances, and then they ought to be set for a great season next year!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jordan Davies should be banned from RWRS for a very long time. That was some of the stupidest driving I've ever seen outside of RoLFS.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Jordan Davies should be banned from RWRS for a very long time. That was some of the stupidest driving I've ever seen outside of RoLFS.

Jordan Davies wrote:Hey! Yeah, I know I had a pretty bad race there, but I don't think one bad race is enough to ban someone. There's been a lot of really bad driving from lots of people this year, but not everyone was banned. I haven't even had any penalty points at all until Surfer's!
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:I'm absolutely delighted for Eric to come away with the win in the last race of the year. It's been a mixed season somewhat, we had a very slow start which has ended up costing us both championships, but strong form towards the end of the year has confirmed Eric's potential as a great young talent. I wish him every success in the future. I'm a bit pissed that Roberto's race was ruined, but this is a consequence of the stupidly large fields that seem to be acceptable in this series. Hopefully the 105% rule next year will help cure that, but I fear that little will change, especially if the pack closes up in performance. Roberto has had a great finish to the year though, which is perfect going into 2016, I hope he can carry this form through and look for consistent points finishes and podiums.

Stan Frankham wrote:The car was magic, Prospec really know what they're doing here and it was great to get in a decent car for a change that wasn't a bucket of bolts. Without that bloody mess at the first chicane I reckon a great result would have been on. Ah well, as it is I'm really happy Prospec have given me the reserve driver role, and I intend to make the most of it whilst I'm at V-Sport in the RDS. 2016 should be a bloody cracker year!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Renato Bulku wrote:Woo! Fourth in my first ever F3RWRS race! Thanks to the team Nurminen Racing Engineering for all their hard work! Roll on 2015!
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Corrado Provera wrote:For sure, this race today is a summary of our season. Always we are getting caught up in incidents, just because of how many cars are on track. It's too much. So many times our drivers have been in great positions, and then some other driver comes along and ruins it for us.

I think we can see that Olafur can win the championship next year. He has experience in this series now, and he can build on this to go for the championship next year. But we say goodbye to Lucarelli. It's unfortunate, maybe it would be different if he were younger, but he is getting on to 26 now and needs to win titles if he wants to earn a place at the top.

I hoped for a top driver, like Marcus Gronholm, but I got the next best thing and got his second cousin in law three times removed Tonu Pykalisto. He is a young gun with an amazingly level head for his age, his calm and focused demeanour will serve him well in the chaos of F3RWRS. It's only his second year in single seaters so he still has much to learn, but our target for him is to shadow Olafur, and maybe aim for the podium.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

A calmed down Marko Jantscher wrote:I'm just really gutted again. The end of the season has just been horrible; I've endured so much misfortune. I don't think any of it's really my fault, as I've had drivers crash into me and mechanical issues. To drop to fifth after being in the championship hunt for so long is such a...feeling of unfulfillment.
Julien

Post by Julien »

Is there a thread for the 2016 season? I wanna join :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Julien wrote:Is there a thread for the 2016 season? I wanna join :)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5952

Entries are not being accepted at the moment. You can join the waiting list, but I must warn you, it will be a long wait.

However, here is a series with no queue, if you're interested.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala wrote:
Julien wrote:Is there a thread for the 2016 season? I wanna join :)

http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5952

Entries are not being accepted at the moment. You can join the waiting list, but I must warn you, it will be a long wait.

Actually, I was under the impression that no-one else was allowed to join the waiting list.
Everything's great.