F1RWRS -- 2014 Season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS -- 2014 - Onwards

Post by DanielPT »

Wizzie wrote:
DanielPT wrote:Did you guys ended up deciding that the market would open this week or in September?

We'll let our esteemed overlord figure that out.

Personally, I'm not too fussed as I'm on here far too often for it to affect me that much. Unless it opens at like 1am in the morning Sydney time. Then things get VERY interesting :lol:

Since my holidays are now over until November (or October if my contract isn't renewed) it is not a problem for me also. Besides I doubt many teams can afford the engines I am interested in. :twisted:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
DanielPT wrote:Did you guys ended up deciding that the market would open this week or in September?

We'll let our esteemed overlord figure that out.

Personally, I'm not too fussed as I'm on here far too often for it to affect me that much. Unless it opens at like 1am in the morning Sydney time. Then things get VERY interesting :lol:

Since my holidays are now over until November (or October if my contract isn't renewed) it is not a problem for me also. Besides I doubt many teams can afford the engines I am interested in. :twisted:

And on that basis alone, I've just come to the conclusion that I should be far more worried about Sunshine in 2015 than first thought. :lol:

Especially considering I get the sneaking suspicion that you're aiming for the same engines that MRT are looking to use for 2015.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

My laptop picked a greaaaaat time to stop working :|
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Market will open on Wednesday, at 11:00 PM; Spanish time.
A new thread for the 2015 season will be open by then, where you have to post.
One last novelty is that future upgrades have to be communicated to me via email; is left to you to decide if they have to be published as well or if we keep upgrades in secrecy.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Aerond wrote:Market will open on Wednesday, at 11:00 PM; Spanish time.
One last novelty is that future upgrades have to be communicated to me via email; is left to you to decide if they have to be published as well or if we keep upgrades in secrecy.

Does anyone want to work out what that would be in everyone's timezone.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:

That'll be 8am on Thursday morning in Sydney, which would be 7:30am in your corner in the world if I've done my conversions right. In Eagleland and Canada, it'll be anywhere between 3 and 6pm on Wednesday afternoon depending on what part of the continent you're on.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

That'll be 8am on Thursday morning in Sydney, which would be 7:30am in your corner in the world if I've done my conversions right. In Eagleland and Canada, it'll be anywhere between 3 and 6pm on Wednesday afternoon depending on what part of the continent you're on.

Not bad then, I have an alarm clock so I should be fine. Also, make sure I have the email by then. And sorry for being impaitent.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

10pm UK/Portugal time then. As long as I can pry my parents off the shared desktop this should work ok for me :)

BTW if anyone is looking to sell their current engine, PM me and perhaps we can come to some sort of deal...

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Not bad then, I have an alarm clock so I should be fine. Also, make sure I have the email by then. And sorry for being impaitent.

I've just sent out your follow-up email and I've sent one to MinardiFan as well. I was planning on sending it at the end of the week but since Aerond had the market open far earlier than I expected, I kinda had to do it now anyway.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Actually, I was off. It's 7am Thursday morning Sydney time and 6:30am Adelaide time.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

I've just sent out your follow-up email and I've sent one to MinardiFan as well. I was planning on sending it at the end of the week but since Aerond had the market open far earlier than I expected, I kinda had to do it now anyway.

I don't know if Hotmail is just being it's failure self but I haven't got it yet.

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

That should make it noon at CEST. Sounds good to me.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Klon wrote:That should make it noon at CEST. Sounds good to me.

Noon? Don't you mean midnight? :lol:

And Eurobrun, check your email again.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:

And Eurobrun, check your email again.

Now I have got it, thank you.

MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

The time should be alright for me, it's what time I usually wake up (unless of course I do what I did today, and sleep after turning off my alarm). I've got a few preferences for engine/chassis set already as well...
This is a cool spot.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:

I sure do once I read it was PM and not AM. Now that is not quite as good, but manageable.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Spain doesn't use CEST? :?

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

kostas22 wrote:

Spain doesn't use CEST? :?

They do apparentely. Bullsh*t. If you're in line with the United Kingdom, you should use WEST. :evil:
I mean, what the hell are those time zones for if you don't handle them properly.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

That's 5pm on Wednesday afternoon for those in Ontario/Quebec/The Eastern part of the USA.

For those living in places like Russia or Bolivia, this converter should do the trick :)
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Hopefully my father doesn't decide to go to sleep before 10 pm, or I'm royally screwed for another season. We'll see. I only plan to change the chassis, though.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I should be making my decision on chassis and engine around 10:30 on Wednesday evening and I'm either going for a big engine and keeping the chassis or big chassis and keeping the engine. Difficult choice.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Meanwhile, I will probably keep the same package for one more year.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

tommykl wrote:Meanwhile, I will probably keep the same package for one more year.

Same as me then! Yawn...what's all this about chassis and engine lists? I think I'll have an early night on Thursday! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

It's going to be mental on here on Wednesday. I'm already nervous. That's a bit sad isn't it :oops:
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Warren Hughes wrote:It's going to be mental on here on Wednesday. I'm already nervous. That's a bit sad isn't it :oops:

It's not because I'm feeling that same :lol:
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Always remember, no matter how silly the thing is you get excited for, there will always be teen-aged girls who get excited about dumber things with poorer quality.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Klon wrote:Always remember, no matter how silly the thing is you get excited for, there will always be teen-aged girls who get excited about dumber things with poorer quality.

Justin Bieber springs immediately to mind!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:It's going to be mental on here on Wednesday. I'm already nervous. That's a bit sad isn't it :oops:

Same here. I seriously can't wait for the season to start because I'm certain this will be a cracker of a year. :D
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:

Same here. I seriously can't wait for the season to start because I'm certain this will be a cracker of a year. :D

I think this could be the best F1RWRS season ever.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:

Personally I can't wait as it will be the first season I will follow from the start :D
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
RonDenisDeletraz

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:It's not because I'm feeling that same :lol:

Personally I can't wait as it will be the first season I will follow from the start :D

This is my first season of having a team so I am really hoping it goes well.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Indeed, I predict a clusterf*ck of epic proportions when the process is open. And, yes, I too am very nervous. I have a good chassis and the 2012 champ in one car, who knows what Aeroracing could achieve if we get hold of a good engine this year? :P
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Eurobrun, you better get a good combination tomorrow, otherwise Damon Cannon will be most displeased. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Due to my incompetence, the reliability of the Rial is 2000, not 7000
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

By the way; I have a new rule which I don´t think needs voting; as there´s a cap on top power, there should be a cap on low reliability to avoid any team buying all possible reliability and setting it at 0, making the car totally reliable. We should set a limit on this to 2000.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I remind you that market operations shall be posted in the new 2015 thread and not here.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Barii Mori will be in the bar drinking and getting merry on the Wednesday night..
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

SuperAguri wrote:Are the costs for upgrading reliability, power and drivers qualifying and racing performance and reliability going to be the same?

Are we still prohibited from upgrading a driver that we manage that is driving for another team?

Yes and Yes
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I will probably make no changes. :)

And if it is going to move into a new thread for next season, remove "onwards" from the title. ;)

(And it's opening at 4am in my location - UTC+7)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

FMecha wrote:I will probably make no changes. :)

And if it is going to move into a new thread for next season, remove "onwards" from the title. ;)

(And it's opening at 4am in my location - UTC+7)

Omg, where do u live?