F1RWRS -- 2014 Season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1RWRS -- 2014 Season

Post by Aerond »

For all of the past happenings in F1RWRS glorious history check here:

http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3654

We should now discuss everything in this topic :)

I´m currently preparing everything related to 2014 chassis list, entries, calendar and everything else. It should all be ready really soon, but due to Wizzie and TMLW´s plans, and my own personal life, season should start around mid-december.

ATTENTION. TEAM OWNERS, PLEASE READ:

As there´s loads of interest to own a team in F1RWRS now, I beg every team owner to show up and say hi (except the very usual people like TMLW, Wizzie, Klon, SuperAguri, tommy, Phoenix, Andrea Moda... you know who you are) before I publish the chassis and engine list in a couple of days. Failing to do so will result in you losing your team and entry. This is a measure to ensure every team owner is really up for it and there´re no more "ghost" owners who never show up. Thanks for your understanding!

---------------

*** CHASSIS AND ENGINE LIST PUBLISHED IN PAGE 4; ACCOUNTING OVERVIEW IN PAGE 3. MARKET OPENED; NO ENTRIES AVAILABLE.

2014 SEASON RULES (Small updates over 2013 rules)

* Every new team starts with 1000 Credits. Every new team must purchase a chassis and engine. This is mandatory.

* Any given chassis will be available to ONE team. Any given engine will be available to TWO teams at a time.

* You can only change your chassis or engine at the END of the season. This is once you read this post, up to the start of pre-season testing. Your chassis and/or engine will be sold back to the manufacturer for HALF the price you paid for it, regardless of the updates you made. Reliability points are bought to your chassis (so you will keep the reliability points purchased when you buy a new engine), Engine power points are bought to your engine (So you will keep the extra Power until you sell your engine). Example: If you bought LIFE W12 Engine for 150 Credits, You sell it for 75, even if you bought extra power in the past. However, if the new engine you buy has 10000 reliability points instead of 16000, the reliability points bought in the past will still count.

* The credits you earn (see Prize System below) are only available at the end of the season, but you can update your car between the end of a race and the start of pre-qualifying of the next race. Credits you earn through PAY DRIVERS are available at the end of a 4 race cycle, so, if you start using a Pay Driver through rounds 2 to 5, you will have credits available at the end of round 4, and at the end of round 8.

PRIZES

Drivers Championship

1st -- 300 credits
2nd -- 230
3rd -- 180
4th -- 130
5th -- 100
6th -- 90
7th -- 80
8th -- 70
9th -- 50
10th -- 50
11th -- 40
12th -- 30
13th -- 20
14th -- 15
15th -- 10

Teams Championship

1st -- 300 credits
2nd -- 230
3rd -- 180
4th -- 130
5th -- 100
6th -- 90
7th -- 80
8th -- 70
9th -- 60
10th -- 50
---Every other team with points -- 25

Plus an extra of 5 Credits per point earnt.

ROTR -- 10 credits
ROTY -- 200 credits
2nd ROTY -- 100 credits
3rd ROTY -- 50 credits
Pole Position -- 25 credits
Fastest Lap -- 10 credits

TV Rights - 200 credits (available only to the teams continuing into 2015 season, regardless of performance).

* DRIVERS: A team can use up to 4 drivers during a season. Any driver will be allowed no more than 2 different stints during the season. Any PAY DRIVER must be confirmed as a Pay Driver before the season starts.

UPDATES SYSTEM

CAR IMPROVEMENTS;

Reliability; Every 50 reliability points - 5 Credits
Engine Power; 1 BHP - 10 credits

Drivers -TEAM OWNER MUST SPECIFY TO WHICH DRIVER WILL BE APPLIED-:

Qualifying Performance; 20 points - 10 credits
Race Performance; 20 points - 10 credits
**** IMPORTANT: Drivers Consistency has been removed. From now on it will be a random ammount within a reasonable range and it will be updated every season.

Every driver will start with the same ammount of Performance Points, regardless of their past in the F1RWRS series (Updates bought in 2013 are of course kept for 2014 and on):

14000 points of Performance either for Qualifying or Race (Being 17000 the max. value)
From 1800 to 2500 points of Consistency (Randomly calculated every season)

PAY DRIVERS RULING: Every Pay Driver pays the team 20 Credits per Weekend. Pay Drivers can´t be upgraded, and their performance points are random (within a range of 13000 and 14500), they will tend to be a little bit more inconsistent than Race Drivers as well. A Pay Driver must earn at least 10 championship points within a season before it can be unlocked and upgraded to a Race Driver (The team owner can chose to upgrade the Pay Driver or keep it as a Pay Driver).

* Points System: 1991-2002 F1 System (10-6-4-3-2-1)

* NEW FROM 2015 ONWARDS: Now that we have two feeder series (F2RWRS and F3RWRS), a Super License requirement will be required for any new drivers joining the series once the 2014 season is finished. Eligible drivers for F1RWRS must have competed first in F1RWRS, F2RWRS or F3RWRS and is required;

A) To have finished in the top 10 overall in F2RWRS, or have scored at least one podium finish in F2RWRS or,
B) To have finished in the top 5 overall in F3RWRS, or have scored at least one win in F3RWRS or,
C) To have entered any of the F1RWRS 2014 events or,
D) To have qualified for a F1RWRS race in 2013, or to have scored a Top 5 finish in a F1RWRS race in the 2010 - 2012 period.

The team owner hiring a new driver will decide if it´s a Pay Driver or not.
Last edited by Aerond on 21 Aug 2012, 01:22, edited 13 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
tommykl

Re: F1RWRS -- 2014 - Onwards

Post by tommykl »

Good news!

There won't be much coming from me, I intend to keep everything the same. The only thing that may continue would be the Colruyt buyout of Prospec, but with Gary Cameron interested in taking control of the team, it probably won't last long anyway.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

tommykl wrote:Good news!

There won't be much coming from me, I intend to keep everything the same. The only thing that may continue would be the Colruyt buyout of Prospec, but with Gary Cameron interested in taking control of the team, it probably won't last long anyway.

Yes. We need confirmation on this!
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Warren Hughes wrote:

Well decide between yourselves then! The sooner it's off my hands, the better...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Any way for me to get in on the action, this series seems interesting and I need to take part in it.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

redbulljack14 wrote:Any way for me to get in on the action, this series seems interesting and I need to take part in it.

Get over Prospec, rename it anyway you want and make Jack Christopherson one of its drivers :)
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Aerond wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:Any way for me to get in on the action, this series seems interesting and I need to take part in it.

Get over Prospec, rename it anyway you want and make Jack Christopherson one of its drivers :)

Jack Christopherson will be 46 in 2014 according to wiki.
Last edited by FullMetalJack on 04 Nov 2011, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

A Mr C. Dagnall was still cleaning house at only 53 years young last season ;)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:

Well decide between yourselves then! The sooner it's off my hands, the better...

I believe Tommy already runs a team, in which case:

Pemberton Group confirms Prospec takeover; installs Cameron as Team Principal

Selected members of the media were this evening called to a press conference at the warehouse which passes for the headquarters of the Prospec F1RWRS team. Here, driver Gary Cameron revealed that the Pemberton group had successfully completed its buyout of the team, and that as the public figurehead of the mysterious consortium, Cameron would be taking on the role of team principal alongside his driving duties.

Cameron also stated that the name of the team would be changed to Pemberton Prospec Racing (PPR), retaining the former name but also reflecting the new ownership of the team, while the Kent base would be retained for the time being but with plans being put in place for a relocation of the team to a state-of-the-art facility in County Durham, close to the Croft Circuit. The inaugural F1RWRS champion also confirmed that Australian Dave Simpson would remain his teammate.

Fellow bidder Jo Colruyt was unavailable for comment, while rumours of an 11th hour bid from an unknown party appear to have been unfounded.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:A Mr C. Dagnall was still cleaning house at only 53 years young last season ;)

Assuming the Grand Prix 2 championship run by tristan1117 plays in 2011, Leonhard von Gottorp recently led a race at the young age of 70. :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:Christopherson could drive for Foxdale

Former Williams F1 driver and defending F1RWRS Indianapolis 500 winner Jack Christopherson may be on the verge of signing a deal with Foxdale. The Englishman, a veteran of over 100 Formula One races, has recently expressed interest in joining the series as a full-time driver and many teams have been clambering over his signature. Right now the favourite for his services is new team Mitie Aviation Racing but rumour has it that behind closed doors at Foxdale they're almost sorted out contracts with both Christopherson and Ben Fleet and if the deal is to go ahead then it would make Christopherson the oldest driver on the grid at the age of 46. Neither the team or Christopherson were available for comment.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I didn't know I won the 2013 F1RWRS Indy 500.

Plus, i'm up for the Foxdale drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

redbulljack14 wrote:I didn't know I won the 2013 F1RWRS Indy 500.

It's true, it's damn true :lol:
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Wizzie wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:I didn't know I won the 2013 F1RWRS Indy 500.

It's true, it's damn true :lol:

I know, I stumbled across it earlier.

I'm that good, I win the Indy 500 on my F1RWRS debut without even knowing about it. I know more about what Deletraz was doing.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Next thing I´ll do is to calculate the credits everybody has, then publish the updated chassis and engines list... There will be two new chassis and three new engines available!

I´ll also need confirmation from every team owner (except the very usual people like Wizzie, Klon, TMLW, tommykl, SuperAguri...) to go ahead before I publish the new list. Every team owner not to confirm their team will lose the team and will free up an entry. This is to assure that everybody who´s in is really up for it.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond: This is basically the confirmed entry list for next year. As far as I know the only team that's yet to confirm their spot in 2014 is Flying Fish but I'ld imagine a quick reminder on twitter would make that confirmation a formality
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:Aerond: This is basically the confirmed entry list for next year. As far as I know the only team that's yet to confirm their spot in 2014 is Flying Fish but I'ld imagine a quick reminder on twitter would make that confirmation a formality

Yeah, I´ve already checked that out, but a couple of weeks have passed and some people tend to quickly lose interest, so it´s just to be sure all the newcomers and people who show up every once in a while are really in.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I am here and very much active on this board! (Not sure whether or not I count as a regular, so I'm posting just to be sure.) I've got the 2nd ArrowTech seat down to two drivers, not telling you who though :P
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Jones Racing never dies no matter how many times its beaten with a stick! :twisted:

Court cases, rules changes, driver firings and hirings, sponsor walkouts, you name it! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:Jones Racing never dies no matter how many times its beaten with a stick! :twisted:

Kay Lon wrote:Look, isn't it cute? Little Sammy thinks he has a spine. I really love that guy.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I'll pass for this season, thanks. :)
Phoenix wrote:"Read F1 Rejects, it never lies"

resir01 | A F1RWRS reject that nobody knows.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/resir014
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I'm here, and I'm reading the posts, even if I'm not very active. ARC is still under my control.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Aerond wrote:

I couldn't get FAT Turbo that way.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:Shell to sponsor Dutch and Belgian Races

Dutch oil company Shell has decided to increase their involvement in the F1RWRS by becoming title sponsors of the Dutch and Belgian F1RWRS Grand Prixs from 2014 onwards. The company is already an associate sponsor of Melrose Racing Team through their association with BMW.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Foxdale are very much active for the new season and they are flattered by the interest being shown in them despite their awful reliability for the past year! People really would like to be near the front even if it means a DNF? Or is it just the team's now-legendary barbeques that is bringing in the interest? :P

But haven't people noticed how much of a family concern the team is? The team's drivers will be announced at the same time as their chassis and engine announcements!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:But haven't people noticed how much of a family concern the team is? The team's drivers will be announced at the same time as their chassis and engine announcements!

I know that but someone of the caliber of Christopherson deserves a fast car. :mrgreen:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:But haven't people noticed how much of a family concern the team is? The team's drivers will be announced at the same time as their chassis and engine announcements!

I know that but someone of the caliber of Christopherson deserves a fast car. :mrgreen:

Yeah, but does he deserve an unreliable, self-denotating car? :o
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Touche. He's already had enough of those crapboxes in F1 as it is.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:I know that but someone of the caliber of Christopherson deserves a fast car. :mrgreen:

So is he still interested or not?
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Yeah, but does he deserve an unreliable, self-denotating car? :o

So is he still interested or not?

Well, it's not as if he's got any other half-decent drives available to him right now unless one of the new teams strike gold in the car selection phase. :|
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:So is he still interested or not?

Well, it's not as if he's got any other half-decent drives available to him right now unless one of the new teams strike gold in the car selection phase. :|

And who's to say what his chances at Foxdale are? Don't forget that Pippa Mann, the team boss, won this series in 2012, if I remembered correctly... And Ben Fleet is in intimate relations with that team boss... ;)
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:So is he still interested or not?

And who's to say what his chances at Foxdale are? Don't forget that Pippa Mann, the team boss, won this series in 2012, if I remembered correctly... And Ben Fleet is in intimate relations with that team boss... ;)

The fate of these drivers are in each others' hands... :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:And who's to say what his chances at Foxdale are? Don't forget that Pippa Mann, the team boss, won this series in 2012, if I remembered correctly... And Ben Fleet is in intimate relations with that team boss... ;)

I don't know whether they are sharing or shafting, but there's definitely something going on within Foxdale, which Douglas is trying to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to...
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:And who's to say what his chances at Foxdale are? Don't forget that Pippa Mann, the team boss, won this series in 2012, if I remembered correctly... And Ben Fleet is in intimate relations with that team boss... ;)

I don't know whether they are sharing or shafting, but there's definitely something going on within Foxdale, which Douglas is trying to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to...

Meh, I just wanted an excuse to post that :lol:
Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

Aerond wrote:As there´s loads of interest to own a team in F1RWRS now, I beg every team owner to show up and say hi (except the very usual people like TMLW, Wizzie, Klon, SuperAguri, tommy, Phoenix, Andrea Moda... you know who you are) before I publish the chassis and engine list in a couple of days. Failing to do so will result in you losing your team and entry. This is a measure to ensure every team owner is really up for it and there´re no more "ghost" owners who never show up. Thanks for your understanding!

Even if I'm very busy in this period, when I have the chance I read these championship without logging in (I'm a bit lurker, I admit it hehe). So anyway: Trueba Racing Team is here ready to begin the season.

Regarding the bigger and bigger amount of entries, I would like to avoid that a single manager will run something like 2, 3 or even 4 teams at the same time, as occurred in the last season - I don't want to seem impolite but, for example, if I'm correct in 2013 season TMLW managed 4 teams while other users couldn't join the series because of full grid spots. By abolishing this phenomenon I think there would be more slots onto the grid for several new users. BTW the last advice it's in your hands. ;)

Also, I'd like to know the respectives owners of the following teams, just to sort better the incoming season out: Holden Racing Team, (Pemberton) Prospec Racing, Kamaha Motorsport and Mitie Aviation. I beg your pardon if I forgot the illustrious managers of the first two as much glorius teams, I know they're important but I can't just remember them due to all this dispersion (or probably because I'm not keen enough :lol: ).
Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

HRT: TMLW
Prospec: Warren Hughes
Kamaha: Super Aguri
Mitie Aviation: AdrianSutil
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Jack O Melley wrote:Also, I'd like to know the respectives owners of the following teams, just to sort better the incoming season out: Holden Racing Team, (Pemberton) Prospec Racing, Kamaha Motorsport and Mitie Aviation. I beg your pardon if I forgot the illustrious managers of the first two as much glorius teams, I know they're important but I can't just remember them due to all this dispersion (or probably because I'm not keen enough :lol: ).

HRT is run by TMLW. Prospec's just been bought by Warren Hughes, Kamaha is run by SuperAguri from memory and Mitie Aviation is the brainchild of Adrian Sutil.

EDIT: Damn. Tommy beat me to it.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Jack O Melley wrote:I don't want to seem impolite but, for example, if I'm correct in 2013 season TMLW managed 4 teams while other users couldn't join the series because of full grid spots.

It was 5 actually :lol:

But I got rid of three of them, so I'm no worse than Wizzie was last year.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Christopherson is still up for the Foxdale drive, he knows about unreliability, his 1994 season springs to mind.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'll have to give this a miss I'm afraid. 4 A-levels, of which one of them is A-level maths, is rapidly eating into my free time.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l