F1RWRS -- 2014 Season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: F1RWRS -- 2014 - Onwards

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I've updated the accounting estimates to account for ROTY using last year's system as well as the fact that all the turbo teams from last year have to sell their engines.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wizzie wrote:*Subject to terms of respective merger agreements. Does not include proceeds from selling off excess engines and chassis.

What do you mean? If you're wondering what happened in the merger, I closed "ArrowTech," kept "Acuri" and all the engines, chassis, etc, and renamed the team "ArrowTech" for historical reasons.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
Wizzie wrote:*Subject to terms of respective merger agreements. Does not include proceeds from selling off excess engines and chassis.

What do you mean? If you're wondering what happened in the merger, I closed "ArrowTech," kept "Acuri" and all the engines, chassis, etc, and renamed the team "ArrowTech" for historical reasons.

Ah. In that case, does that mean that half the credits from ArrowTech are being transferred to Acuri? If so, that means I'll have to redo all the calculations.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Wizzie wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

Ah. In that case, does that mean that half the credits from ArrowTech are being transferred to Acuri? If so, that means I'll have to redo all the calculations.

Well, you know the calculations better than I do, so make your best judgment. Of course, this means more credits :mrgreen:
Trulli bad puns...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

The Autodynamics chassis will be called the AGP15.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

Well, you know the calculations better than I do, so make your best judgment. Of course, this means more credits :mrgreen:

In that case, I'll just post two sets of calculations just to be on the safe side then. I know how the HRT/GRM deal is working out but I just wasn't sure how the Acuri/ArrowTech deal was working out considering Aerond told me you were ditching ArrowTech's 2014 package. Either way, it should be done within the next hour :mrgreen:
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Boxtel is looking to get a new chassis or engine, depending on what our budget range is. Thankfully, we got 50 bonus points for ROTY so we should be in good shape.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Before I forget, can we
A) Sell engines and chassis to other users
B) Discuss selling the said engines to other users via email?
Trulli bad puns...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Before I forget, can we
A) Sell engines and chassis to other users
B) Discuss selling the said engines to other users via email?

A. Act of precedent says that's perfectly fine
B. Not sure about that one but there's nothing to say that you can't do it via email. If Aerond's cool with it, then I've got no problem.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Accounting Overview version 2

MRT: 1350
DGNgineering: 1350
Sunshine: 1231
Gillet: 806
Jones: 771
Kamaha: 661
Foxdale: 661
ArrowTech: 1000* (1066)*
HRT: 871
AeroRacing: 651
Prospec: 706
Boxtel: 781
Scuderia Alitalia: 661
Dofasco: 411
Kingfisher: 631
Mecha: 486
Shonan: 701
Tropico: 1000
Simpson: 1000
Autodynamics: 1000

*Technically, ArrowTech should get 1066 credits as the balance is made up by selling the excess parts but mergers have always been a very grey area so I'll let Aerond sort that out.

Other than that, this list should be 100% accurate but again, Aerond would have the official calculations.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 19 Aug 2012, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/2015 ... ies_season

Study this. We don't want too many people forgetting that the laws of physics do apply here :lol:

Melrose, feel free to change the dates, Nuppiz, feel free to adjust any of the RoLFS races. I'll add the F1RDS races when BLN posts his calendar.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Bathplug, I totally forgot to publish the Top 3 ROTY as I´m checking it now... I thought about it a while ago but guess I forgot to publish it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, if you excuse me, I´m going to check the voting ... 8-)
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:Bathplug, I totally forgot to publish the Top 3 ROTY as I´m checking it now... I thought about it a while ago but guess I forgot to publish it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I read many, many pages ago, your top 3 were Spencer, HRT and ARC in that order.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:
Aerond wrote:Bathplug, I totally forgot to publish the Top 3 ROTY as I´m checking it now... I thought about it a while ago but guess I forgot to publish it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I read many, many pages ago, your top 3 were Spencer, HRT and ARC in that order.

But those were only my nominees, not the final Top 3 which is made up of my opinion and your votes
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

But those were only my nominees, not the final Top 3 which is made up of my opinion and your votes

Does that mean I have to redo my estimates again? You know the last thing Melrose needs is a stress-related heart attack :lol:
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Here we go with the 2014 ROTY awards...

Drumroll...

3rd -- HRT

Their worst year ever; a terrible chassis, driver changes during the season, barely any noticeable development... That´s not how you aim for a championship win after finishing in 3rd place previous year

2nd -- Jack Christopherson

The veteran driver never got the grips to F1RWRS, not that the Foxdale was an easy car to drive either... A big disappointment for all the people who thought he could even win a race before the season started. Got sacked and the results achieved by Pippa Mann and McFry demonstrate there was more in the car than what he achieved to find. --Credits go to Foxdale--

And our grand winner is....

AMERICAN RACING CONGLOMERATE

Badly mismanaged, the car failing all around (destroying potential podium finishes), their most charismatic driver leaving the team early in the season... Everything that could go wrong went wrong and the team ended up nowhere to be seen only to be bought out. After losing both drivers (again), the future isn´t brighter for them either
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:AMERICAN RACING CONGLOMERATE

Badly mismanaged, the car failing all around (destroying potential podium finishes), their most charismatic driver leaving the team early in the season... Everything that could go wrong went wrong and the team ended up nowhere to be seen only to be bought out. After losing both drivers (again), the future isn´t brighter for them either

Even more tellingly, Melrose (Who's fast heading into the Moreno mould in that he'd drive a wheelie bin just to stay in the sport :lol: ) shunned the team when asked about who he would drive for in 2015. Hell, they'll probably destroy what little credibility Spencer has left as well to boot.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:

Even more tellingly, Melrose (Who's fast heading into the Moreno mould in that he'd drive a wheelie bin just to stay in the sport :lol: ) shunned the team when asked about who he would drive for in 2015. Hell, they'll probably destroy what little credibility Spencer has left as well to boot.

Somehow I don't think they will be that terrible in 2015. Dofasco on the other hand...
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Somehow I don't think they will be that terrible in 2015. Dofasco on the other hand...

Dofasco have always been terrible :lol: Dofasco are the Coloni of F1RWRS, no chance of qualifying but occasionally very lucky
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Dofasco have always been terrible :lol: Dofasco are the Coloni of F1RWRS, no chance of qualifying but occasionally very lucky

Actually, considering they inherited what was effectively the 2013 SOTL car, they didn't do that badly. Hell, they did better than most of their rivals in PQ for a start.
RonDenisDeletraz

Is it OK if I write a pre season preview for this season?

Also, when will the MRT consultancy email be sent?

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Wizzie wrote:
Actually, considering they inherited what was effectively the 2013 SOTL car, they didn't do that badly. Hell, they did better than most of their rivals in PQ for a start.

And we all know how much of a lame dog that car was
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 19 Aug 2012, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

And whilst I can still remember stuff, Macklin and Vantini both get 45 extra performance points for both qualifying and race performance because of their F2RWRS race experience.

eurobrun wrote:Is it OK if I write a pre season preview for this season?

Also, when will the MRT consultancy email be sent?

I was also planning to write a pre-season review at some point but go right ahead.

As far as the email's concerned, I'll get back to you when I don't have a 4000 word business report to do :|
RonDenisDeletraz

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

My point is that they are completely screwed for 2015.

iirc they will have the least money of anyone next year.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

I'll give you that one. Mecha aren't faring that much better either. Interestingly enough, many of the midfield teams seem to have budgets around the 600-700 mark for this so I think there may be a bit of order reshuffling if someone plays their cards well.

But never fear, MRT isn't heading into this market without having at least three options available to us :lol:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Kostas is probably right, I might have shown my hand too early. I better make sure I'm here when the engine selection process begins if I want those powerful engines.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:And we all know how much of a lame dog that car was

I'll give you that one. Mecha aren't faring that much better either. Interestingly enough, many of the midfield teams seem to have budgets around the 600-700 mark for this so I think there may be a bit of order reshuffling if someone plays their cards well.

But never fear, MRT isn't heading into this market without having at least three options available to us :lol:

I'll be surprised if you make that Brabham reliable. While it may be one of the most beautiful cars of all time, it had a reliability record worse than the love child of a Life W12 and an early 80's Renault
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Somehow I don't think they will be that terrible in 2015. Dofasco on the other hand...

Hey Melrose, would you like to go back and see what car SOTL used in 2013, and then see who used it in 2014? :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/2015_Reject_World_Race_Series_season

Study this. We don't want too many people forgetting that the laws of physics do apply here :lol:

Melrose, feel free to change the dates, Nuppiz, feel free to adjust any of the RoLFS races. I'll add the F1RDS races when BLN posts his calendar.

Okay, made the necessary adjustments for RoLFS now. Looks like the South City, Aston and Kyoto Ring GPs are the only ones that don't clash with any RWRS events, so those events are safe should someone feel like driving in both series at the same time.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Dofasco have always been terrible :lol: Dofasco are the Coloni of F1RWRS, no chance of qualifying but occasionally very lucky

Hey Melrose, would you like to go back and see what car SOTL used in 2013, and then see who used it in 2014? :lol:

Shut it, you. You of all people should know just how bad my memory is :lol:
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Here it´s what I made of accounts (they differ a bit from Wizzie´s, probably because of the way mergers were calculated and other minor reasons). F2RWRS credits aren´t calculated here, they will be added before Race 1.

DGNgineering -- 1350 (engine purchase mandatory)
MRT -- 1350 (engine purchase mandatory)
Sunshine -- 1220 (engine purchase mandatory)
Gillet -- 800
Jones -- 775
Kamaha -- 680
Foxdale -- 650
Arrowtech -- 1000
HRT -- 827
Aeroracing -- 655
Prospec -- 710
Boxtel -- 735
Alitalia -- 665
Dofasco -- 415
Kingfisher -- 635
Mecha -- 490
Shonan -- 685
Tropico -- 995
Simpson -- 1000 (chassis and engine purchase mandatory)
Autodynamics -- 1000 (chassis and engine purchase mandatory)
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

1000 credits... which makes the team the 4th richest in the paddock... so to all of those who thought ArrowTech wasn't financially sound, this is for you :P
Trulli bad puns...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

JeremyMcClean wrote:1000 credits... which makes the team the 4th richest in the paddock... so to all of those who thought ArrowTech wasn't financially sound, this is for you :P

I still very much doubt Arrowtech will become a Top 5 team in 2015.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Aerond wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:1000 credits... which makes the team the 4th richest in the paddock... so to all of those who thought ArrowTech wasn't financially sound, this is for you :P

I still very much doubt Arrowtech will become a Top 5 team in 2015.

I am aiming for 6th in the constructors this year...
Trulli bad puns...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Boxtel will be selling its chassis from last year in an attempt to get something more reliable. Looking at the state of the team, the engine isn't that bad (it's the same powerplant that got Jones 5th place in the Constructors' last year) but the chassis unreliability cost us a lot. Hopefully we'll get a slightly better chassis and some updates with all of Mestolio's cash and the ROTY money. I feel bad about letting Pratchett go though... Maybe I put him back on the market in 2016.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Is it legal to own two chassis and attempt to sell the old one for a higher price? Or does the old chassis have to be sold first?
Trulli bad puns...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Is it legal to own two chassis and attempt to sell the old one for a higher price? Or does the old chassis have to be sold first?

The old one has to be sold first.
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

F1wm.pl wrote:Grzegosz Sobczyk:Dofasco extends sponsorship deal with Lukoil,Lukoil of Dofasco Racing to 2017
Grzegosz Sobczyk said his team extended the sponsorship deal with Russian giant oil Lukoi, new contract is expected to last until 2017.As stated in an interview Sobczyk it has increased investment and hard work of the team will help to improve results "You can say that this season we look forward to more, we have a bigger budget and the composition of promising drivers",team owner also spoke on the engine supplier for next season as he admitted negotiating with several companies on the supply of engines, "I can tell you negotiate terms with a few companies, but only so much I can say at the moment".
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Did you guys ended up deciding that the market would open this week or in September?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:Did you guys ended up deciding that the market would open this week or in September?

We'll let our esteemed overlord figure that out.

Personally, I'm not too fussed as I'm on here far too often for it to affect me that much. Unless it opens at like 1am in the morning Sydney time. Then things get VERY interesting :lol: